The Ties That Bind - Page 16
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 16 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 16 of 48 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 32 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 16 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:32 am

Brian had been up guarding the house, making plans to take control back of his property, and had used spells to conceal and safeguard the property. Robert had gone for a walk a couple of times and had reinforced the spells to prevent intruders and hide the estate. Robert had set powerful spells in place to take care of the huge stables of horses here so that the horses here didn't go without care. The beasts were not used to having the stables take care of themselves but they ate greedily. He guessed that it was just one more thing Kieran hadn't take care of. The horses were thin. Neglected. He planned to see to them himself after the others were up--and before he went to sleep.

Brian had seen how poor his thoroughbred Arabians had been treated and how ill they were. But there had been little he could do during the night except what he had done--more food and water. Their hooves needed tending badly. Wounds needed tending. Stalls needed cleaned. Actually, food and medicines and new tack needed purchased. They needed exercised and rehabilitated. Socialized again. Eventually, when they were well, they needed ridden again. It made his heart sick to see the beautiful creatures suffering. They had been the finest he could find, and the last he was here, they were outstanding. Now, he found himself wondering about putting them down to be merciful. Robert had stayed Brian's wand. Made him wait. Promised him he would tend them in daylight. So Brian had trusted and had waited.

Khaat had had a long, miserable night. Kieran had nearly died twice during the night from his detoxing. And each time, she had been alone with him. Well, relatively. She had saved him, narrowly. He was weak now and sleeping uncontrollably. The immobilization spells were unnessary now. Kieran was too close to death. By her calculations, Kieran would live, but it had taken immense amounts of her energies. Her father had felt guilty that he had missed both of Kieran's narrow escapes from death's grasp by being in the stables both times. Khaat was now getting the worst migraine of her life. It was making her feel quite sick. She hadn't said anything to anyone. Not to Robert or Brian either one. Everyone was tired and felt stretched a bit thin. But sleep was becoming unavoidable for everyone, and her father had chosen wisely in sending over half the staff to bed. Brian was doing well on a couple hours of sleep, but 2 hours of sleep in 3 nights was not nearly enough.

Her father would need sleep today too. 2 nights up was not something new to him, but he did need sleep as well. As the sun came up finally, Khaat breathed a sigh of relief. She felt like she had seen every minute tick by on the clock. It had been endlessly long for her.

"Khaat," Robert said softly.

"Yes?" she looked at her father.

"Go get some breakfast and then you and Brian go to bed. I need to be the one to stay with Kieran now. I need to be sure he stays alive, my dear."

"You can't stay awake forever either," she said, concerned.

"I dont' plan to. When either you or Brian wake up, you can relieve me."

"Can't we just move him to a bedroom in the main house for now? There would be more hands to guard him there. Just for now."

Robert considered her plan for a moment. "Very well. But we will restrain him, just in case. The hallucinations are gone, so I am more concerned about his behavior than any illness. I will move him. You go see how Brian is." She nodded.

Brian apparated back into the house. He was revolted and disgusted at what he had found in the stables. He was furious. Outraged. He said little. When he saw Jess and Jack up, he managed to try to put a smile on his face and to tell them good morning. He went to the kitchen and poured himself coffee.

Khaat apparated back also. She could feel Brian's rage. She saw him coming out of the kitchen, sipping on coffee. He looked at her, and it drew an honest smile from him. He handed her his coffee cup, and she gratefully took a sip.

"Long night?" he asked softly, brushing her hair from her face.

"Yes, but he's still alive," she replied. "Daddy wants us to get some sleep."

"I can't even object to that anymore," Brian sighed. "Here. You take this. I'll get another cup."

"Thank you," she said. He went to the kitchen and refilled a second cup. "Robert is staying with Kieran. Jess. We should send him a plate when we're ready to eat."

"Not necessary," Khaat said. "Daddy will explain in a moment." Brian frowned. What was Robert up to?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:44 am

jack heard Brian aperate in and smelty the smell of horse on him and knew he had gone to the stables he knew what his job would be for that day " hey Brian , I'm planning on cleaning out the stables today , im guessing there not in a good state " he said handi ng him a second cup as he saw Khaat aperate back in to the living room Jess ws about to dish up a plate when she heard Khaat say there was no need and so held back instead placing each thing in its own heated servind dish for those who got up later.

" so he lived threw the night then " Jack said " how may times did he die?" he asked soflty as he took some of his food , his eyes callus and cold towards Keiran nothing would make him happier to see him six feet under but as Brains brother he had no choice but to keep him safe and alive . Jess placed a cup of coffeein front of him nd kissed him quickly " stop those thoughts right now " she siad tapping his head with her tea towel " yes maam" he said smiling as he continued with his breakfast.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:59 am

"Thank you, Jack. I appreciate it. Poor things. I think Robert wants to tend to them today, unless Steven can help you when he gets up. They are thin, and they need a lot of tending. Hooves are terrible. Some of them are wounded. Its a mess. Steven might be able to help He's good with horses. I'd appreciate it if you two could help there. I wanted to just put them out of their misery, but Robert wants us to work with them." He was too angry to talk about Kieran at the moment.

He saw Robert coming down the stairs of the main house. He frowned deeply, feeling a bit of alarm. Robert raised his hand, motioning to Brian to calm himself.

"Khaat had a good suggestion. She suggested we move him over here until we all get perhaps a bit more rested and feeling better," Robert said. "He's been moved to a guest room, and he has been magically sealed inside that room. There is no point in restraining him at the moment because he's far too critical to endanger anyone."

"Just don't take the seal off the room," Brian said, relenting, his anger more than apparent.

"I want you and Khaat getting some food and then going to bed. Neither of you can stay up anymore. Thats an order," Robert said.

"We know," Brian said. Robert walked out to the kitchen and saw Jess in the kitchen.

"Good morning," he said to her. He poured himself coffee. "Kieran is over here. He is sealed in a guest room. Last room on the right. He is too critical to endanger anyone right now. I will take care of him until further notice. Please make sure Steven and Cassidy know when they get up so that they aren't surprised by finding one of the rooms locked up. Oh, and thanks for getting breakfast today. It smells delicious. Its been a very long night. I know Khaat and Brian and I are all hungry."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:07 am

Jack loke at Robert stunned as he said Keiran ws over in the main house again and he shok his head saying nothing " yes sir " he said jess on hearing it almost dropped a plate in her suprise " I wondered what it was i felt this morning " she said and turned her back to Robert for a moment " I am in agreement with Brian, he stays in that room " she said looking over her shoulder at him.

As if on cue Cassidy stummbled down in her PJ's to the kitchen her hair a mess but feeling much better in her self " morning , did i hear right hes in the main house ?" she asked streatching a he sat down and jess placed a plate of food in front of her and a cup of coffee " thanks jess food looks good " she said and ate her food " guess angus gets a couple of days off huh?" she smirked at Brian and Robert " I heard steven caought me on my way back from the bathroom last night , nasty injury"
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:15 am

"Yes. It was," Robert said. He flicked his finger so that it filled a cup of coffee and a plate and the cup and plate and silverware floated up to Angus. "That boy has, no doubt, been awake for hours. If we're lucky he hasn't eaten the sheets by now. I'll check him after breakfast. Jess and Cassidy, I'm leaving you in charge of the kitchen today, please. Where the devil is Steven? Jack, take him with you to the stables, if you would. That could well take a whole day in itself."

"I should do that," Brian said softly. "By the way, Jess. thanks for breakfast. Good morning, Cassidy."

"Kieran's move was my idea," Khaat said. "We're stretched pretty thin today, with Brian and Daddy and I all needing to somehow get some sleep, and with Angus injured and so much attention needed at the stables. The last thing we need is to be divided further for a muggle who is too critically ill to endanger anyone. Regardless of what you think, Kieran is not going to be able to hurt anyone today. And especially not with Daddy binding him into his room. I can understand that nobody is thrilled with him being here, but he can't hurt anybody right now."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:24 am

jess smiled and so did Cassidy who then nodded to Brian "morning " she said back sill smiling at the thought of free reign on the kitchen "yes sir" they both said and listened to Khaat . " then it was a wise move " said jess as she sat down at the table beside Jack " if hes secure witch i know Roberts spells are then i have no problems him being here " she said .

Jack sighed " steven's prbaby in the shower he takes ages , i would say hes worse than a woman but im kinda pinned right now " he said and errned a light puntch from both Jack and jess on differant arms, he just chuckled and shrugged at khaat .
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:35 am

"Yeah, but you're right," Khaat said. "Thanks for making some extra crispy bacon, Jess. I love it when it is super crispy. Angus doesn't make bacon often, and every so often I miss it. Daddy, what are we going to do with all the gambling debts Kieran has racked up?"

"Get rid of them," Robert said. "We'll pay what we can. I presume this house now has a muggle telephone, Brian?"

"It does," Brian said. "Kieran had no choice when he became a squib."

"Leave the rest to me for now. Oh, and Kieran's muggle banking accounts."

"You dont' even want to see those. They are a mess."

"That's precisely why I want them," Robert grinned, clearly with a sneaky plan on his mind.

"Everything is on the coffee table in the living room with all the other paperwork. There are muggle cordless phones all over the house. And he has a cell phone, I do believe. Probably in his bedroom in the apartment. I had all this things apparated over there earlier."

"Is that the weird silver thing I put on his dresser?" Khaat asked. "Looked a bit like a television remote only smaller?"

"That's it," Brian said.

"I'll take care of it. Now--while Khaat and Brian sleep, if the rest of you need something, come to me," Robert said, finishing his plate. "Well done, Jess. I haven't had a full English for a long time. Thank you." He refilled his cup and then rose, sending his plate to the kitchen. "I'm going to go up and see Angus. I expect you and Brian to be gone when I come back, Khaat Karina." He walked upstairs.

"Hm. He must have meant it. He used my middle name," Khaat laughed lightly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:43 am

Jess smile as Khaat mentioned the bacon and Robert thanked her for making a full english " thought it best for engergy " she said and saw steven wander down as he slid on a clean shirt now clean shaven and smiling " well finally out the shower " she said chukaling to her self at the blank expreshion " come on breakfast " she said and placed a plate in front of him as he sat down.

" what did I miss?" he asked starting to tuck in , it was jack who spoke.

" we're sorting out the stables from whagbrian said its in a mess " he said and steven just grunted his disaproval.

"Why would he take care of ani mals when he can't even look after himself " he said " nothing new there " he said taking a sip of the coffee " nice coffee jess" he said and smilede as he then ate. Once done he moved to the living room as he waited for jack " thats a big pile of paperwork there Robert " he said and sat down.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:07 am

"It certainly is," Robert said. "But Burke's shell company has enough cash in it to take care of all of the debts, including the estate and then leave a pretty nest egg left over. My thought is that we deposit the cash into Kieran's checking account and pay his debts off. Its not a matter, though of just paying off the debts. Its about making sure they don't come for more where that came from. I don't mind making sure we pay what he owes. However, I don't want them bilking Brian in the future."

"That was great, Jess," Khaat said, finishing. "Can you and Cassidy handle the breakfast cleanup? I would like to get Brian out of his own thoughts. Perhaps a shower and a little shut eye might make him see things a bit differently."

"Thanks, Jess. I appreciate it," Brian said. He flicked his fingers and his dishes and Khaats went out to the kitchen. He stood up and reached for her hand. "We have our orders," he said to her quietly. Khaat took Brian's hand and stood.

"Call us if you need us," Khaat said.

"We wont!" Robert called. "Will you two go to sleep, once?" That made Brian smiled, shaking his head. He and Khaat went upstairs to the master bedroom and shut the door. Khaat was beyond feeling like she could sleep. She' had been up too long and her head was miserable. Once she was changed into her gown and had allowed herself to crawl into bed, Brian brought her a potion in a glass.

"Here," he told her. "We're alone now. You don't have to hide that migraine one more moment. Take this. It'll stop the headache and help you sleep."

"You're coming?"

"Of course," he said. "Drink." She obeyed, and he set the glass aside as she settled onto the pillows. He knew the potion he'd given her was fast acting. It was one he relied on for his own periodic migraines. He heard her even breathing, telling him it had knocked her deep into sleep almost instantly, long before he managed to join her, but he wasn't awake much beyond that.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:17 am

Jess set about cleaning up breakfast while Cassidy started lunch she was making a hot pot wit some meat they had bought in the market the day before . " Jess , why do you do this ?" Cassidy asked her as she gathered the things she needed she looked at her .

Jess looked at her and shook her head " becuse the Lupins are my freinds more than employers . thy helped me threw a lot of bad times " she sighed and sat at the table" what you saw in T uscany was an after shock of something that happened to me years ago Cassidy " she said " With Jefferys help I can now supress those thoughts and those of others , I do this as a way of saying thank you and also like you helping children to go home to where they belong." she said smiling.

Jack walked in to the living room from the kitchen as Robert explained about kerians debts " I can see why " he said and finished his coffee " they smell money they will be back in a flash" jack said steven nodded

"Got a few contacts like that " steven said and chuckled .

Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 48 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 32 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top