Sand and Snow - Page 88
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 88 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 88 of 98 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 93 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 88 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:02 pm

cassidy had felt the pain of the spell hit her her first thought how she had been a fool to go up agaent this man she,d been a fool not to listen to those around her now she lay half conshiose watching at how as a team they could defet him easy , she closed her eyes sudenlly feeling a warmth flow threw her and she could feel her strength return but it did nothing for how foolish she felt laid there now unable to help them her chest hurting as if some one pushed a hot poker in to it but slowly it went away only the pain of her own mistake remeining as a tear rolled down her face. "Im sorry " she said softly her hand moved to her chest where she had been hit " its over" she said wincing at the slight discomfort she felt .
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:10 pm

"I don't know what you're talking about," Khaat said to her. "If you're going to work this business and work for me, you need to learn how to take a hit and roll with it. That's half the job." She looked up at Brian. "Let's send her to live at the farm and directly train under my father--for at least a week."

"Fine by me," Brian shrugged. "You think she's woman enough to handle a week in his hands?"

"I think that's exactly what she needs to know. Lets give her the chance to find out."

"I'll send the owl today, then," Brian said. He looked at Angus. "Get her ready. She ships out to the farm in the morning." He took Khaat by the arm and apparated back to the house.

Angus looked down at Cassidy and said quietly, "Let's go home." He touched her shoulder and apparated her back to the house to her room and laid her on the bed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Cassidy knew she was going to work hard from that moment on, she saw Angus walk over to her and aperate to her room. " Angus..." she looked at him " I...I was so stupid , I should have listened to Brian" she shifted and whinced " I'll train hard with minister Robert " she said looking at the roof " I had been looking for him for years he sold my freind and sucked her soul from her, she was not the same girl when i found her" she gave a sigh " its over now , my search and vendetta finished" she turned to look at him again " when do I go?" she asked
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:40 pm

"First thing in the morning," Angus said to her. "I'd rest up if I were you. He won't cut you a break because you're a woman. And if you think Brian was asking a lot, then you have absolutely no clue about what its like to be Robert's sole project for awhile. There are a few who know--including Brian and Khaat both. Nobody ever comes back the same. He's never lost anyone, but you do need to be prepared that it won't be easy. Not at all. Understand this very clearly. Nobody's doing this to punish you. They're doing this to help you get past whatever impass you have. Its to make you a better fighter and a better guard. So, tell me, did you learn anything out there from watching Brian? Anything at all?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:01 pm

cassidy looked at him then turned to look at the roof and she took a deep breath as she spoke " that Brain is one hell of a fighter and i should have listened to him all along. " she said still not looking at Angus," and that I was a fool to go against his word" she said now turning to face him " to go against you all, your a hell of a team " she said her chest had eased and her eyes closed slowly as she fell asleep dreaming of that day seeing brain take down the man she had tried to find.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Angus walked out to leave her to sleep. There was nothing more to be done there today.

Brian had returned back up to their room. "How did you know he was here, Khaat?" Brian asked her, sitting on their bed.

"I saw him from the window," she said softly, helping him to elevate his leg again. "How's the knee?"

"Fine," he said. "I'm fine. Are you really okay?"

"I'm fine. Do you think you killed him?"

"No. I don't. I wasn't intending to. I probably should have, but, no. I didn't. I only wanted to send him a message to get the hell out of here. I need to work with your father to set a different illusion spell to conceal the estate. His spells are stronger and cover wider ground. Its the only way we'll do it. By the way, wise choice back there with Cassidy. I think your father is a better teacher for her than me."

"You're a fine teacher, Brian. It isn't you. Its her. She has to learn from someone that will accept nothing less than utter respect. It's the only way."

"Khaat," he said, "Please. Don't go chasing Burke alone. Its my right to kill him as much as yours. If you're going to off him, I want to be there. I do trust that you can take care of yourself. Believe me, I do. I've seen you fight. I just want to be with you. Is that so wrong?"

"No," she kissed him softly and slowly. Then she sighed heavily. "I should get back downstairs."

"Why?"

"Daddy sent me a briefcase full of paperwork."

"It can wait. Can't it?" he asked. "I never see you anymore."

"And here I thought you were sick of me."

"No. Stay?"

"I guess I could--for awhile at least." She curled up with him on the bed and laid her head on his chest as he drew his arm across her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Cassidy woke next day very early she sat up some what expecting to be sore, but suprised she was not , dressing she headed down to the kitchen and made some coffee and breakfast quickly she moved out to the barn and tended the animals returning to sit waiting for the others to rise as she drank her coffee quitly as she waited she was ready to go to Robert and do as he wanted. she was dressed in black trousers and a black tee shirt nothing but her medalion around her neck for jewlery.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:50 pm

"I'm hoping you packed a bag," Robert said, coming downstairs. He had been upstairs checking on Brian before he had attempted to bear weight on it. "You'll be staying with me for at least a week. By the way, Angus will be late this morning. I sent him to Paris on a mission for me during the night. He..."

As Robert spoke, Angus apparated back in, dressed in black from head to foot. Black slacks, black boots, a back shirt, his black leather duster coat, and his black leather hat. "You're back early," Robert frowned at Angus. "How did you do?"

"Better than I thought. I didn't have nearly the trouble I thought I would. Seems Brian left Gelding's household in chaos last night. They took Burke there. And evidently, they don't have a healer that has the best skills in regeneration. They brought someone in from Belgium during the night for him because, as the story goes, Burke nearly bled to death. Gelding is hot. He's tripled the bounty on Brian's head, and quadrupled it on yours."

"That's all?" Robert frowned. "I thought surely I'd be worth more than that by now. I ought to just pay my own ransom off and end all this."

"Ah, but here's the new rub. The price on Khaat? That's gone up too. Her death gets them everything Gelding's got. The whole works."

"He has lost his mind," Robert frowned. "That is not the news I wanted to hear this morning. Tell Brian. He'll want to know at once. Khaat's up and dressed. Well, she should be by now anyway. Anything else?"

"Yes. They're planning a raid on our Paris headquarters. They believe they know where it is."

"And do they?"

"Unsure."

"Well, then, I guess I have to go to Paris first thing," Robert said. "Lock it down here today. No one in or out. Nothing. Not until I return. Make sure you keep Brian fully updated. And don't ever let Khaat alone. She stays in the house. Got it?"

"Yes," Angus replied. He looked at Cassidy. "It smells like you made breakfast. Thank you. I'm sure Khaat and Brian will be down in a moment. Anything else I need to know about here this morning?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:57 pm

cassidy looked up as she heard Roberts voice from the stairs " yes sir " she said and showed him a bag beside her she blew across her cup and kept quiet as Angus aperated in and spoke to him. She listened and was inwardly glad that gelding was in disaray. when Angus thanked her for making breakfast she looked at him " the animals in the barn have been fed and watered too and theres fresh tea and coffee in the pot. " she said looking at both she said no more as she finished her coffee waiting for her orders.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:16 pm

"Very good. Thank you. Let's dish up the breakfast you fixed while we wait on not only Khaat and Brian but also on the rest of the dayshift to arrive," Angus said. He went into the kitchen and poured coffee and sent it upstairs for Khaat and Brian. He sent a mug of tea out for Robert and poured coffee for himself. After being up all night, the coffee smelled good to him.

A few minutes later, Khaat and Brian came downstairs. Brian still had to use his crutches, but he already felt better. The pain was much less now than it had been before the surgery. They greeted Angus and Cassidy and went to the dining room while Robert filled in Brian on the newest information that Angus had discovered in Paris. Brian's mind was working at light speed. He reached over and took Khaat's hand.

"You stay with me today, huh?" he asked her.

"I will. I have enough work to keep me busy all day," she said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 88 of 98 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 93 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top