Sand and Snow - Page 87
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 87 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 87 of 98 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 92 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 87 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:18 pm

jack sat with jess at the table eating his salad it was ok he watched Dakota and Cassidy and chickled .

Cassidy looked at her and shook her head " curiose one hay" she said softly as she watched her eat and chuckled to her self " I like her shes got fight" she said picking up some food and placing it on an empty carton because it was dirty and she didn't want her to eat it . Cassidy saw alittle of her self in Dakota but knew nobody would know what she went threw but her it was locked in the back of her mind only coming out in ehr night mares each night witch she hid.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:50 pm

Khaat and Brian finished up, and Angus got up and took their takeout dishes and their soda bottles from them and took them out to the kitchen. By the time he got back, Abbey had fallen asleep on Khaat's shoulder, and Dakota had simply laid down on the floor and fallen asleep.

"Alright," Angus said to Brian. "You need to rest. I'm taking you upstairs...." As he was speaking, a large leather messenger bag of Khaat's apparated into the living room, into the center of the floor. "Your father does need to learn to send a warning, Khaat." He went over and opened the bag. "Well, this definitely isn't mine." He brought the bag to her.

She opened it and looked inside. Stacks of files and paperwork from St. Mungos. Things that only she could do. Things that were piling up in her absence. Brian looked over her shoulder into the bag.

"Well, I know what you're going to be doing this afternoon," he said, laughing.

"Yeah, I think so. I think I'll go work in the office while you rest," she told him. "Angus, can you send me some coffee there please?"

"I'll be happy to. Right after I get Brian comfortable upstairs."

"I can take care of it myself," Brian said.

"No, you won't. I"m going along. Let's go," he told Brian. "We're going to at least give this half a day before you're trying to be on it." Brian managed to stand up, and Angus apparated him upstairs.

"Excuse me," Khaat said to the others. "Angus will be right back. I"m just going down the hall to the office. Evidently Daddy thinks I need to be back at work." She picked up the bag and made her way down the hall to the office.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:02 pm

steven nodded and loked at Cassidy who sat watching Dakota aslep on the floor , she then picked her up and carried her up stairs to her crib. " she'd make some one a agood mother one day, if she'd stop trying to over compensate" he said softly and blew across his cup he smiled lightly as he sat back . he knew his patrol was coming up and so finifhed his coffe walking threw placed hia cup in the sink and headed out the sun was now out and made the air warm.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Angus took Brian upstairs and helped him get comfortable on the bed. Brian cautioned Angus about not letting Khaat overdo it. Angus half-listened, already knowing the list, and already knowing that he would not let her over extend herself. He put a dose of pain potion on Brian's nightstand before he left.

Meanwhile, Khaat poured herself over her paperwork afternoon long. She was so behind. It was starting to make her feel a compulsion to go back to work. St. Mungos did matter. They did need her. There were things that only she could do, no matter how much her father did. There were things that did require her attention and hers alone. And it was piling up. Angus stopped in regularly to be sure she wasn't getting too tired.

The later it got into the afternoon, the less she saw Angus. She realized he was probably tending to the animals in the barn and also fixing dinner. She hadn't gone up to see Brian. She figured he was sleeping and she didn't want to push him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Cassidy found some quiet in the barn she petted a horse gently and sighed " hey girl" she said softly to her " your a good girl, no worries only eat and be ridden, wish i didn't mes up so much , i don't even know sometimes why i do I just see it on there faces " she brushed her hand over the horse's neck as she sighed all she wanted was to be a good guard to khaat yet she kept messing up. " maybe im not cut out for here, but im not going to leave ether " she moved to sit on a bale of hay and looked at the horse." wish you could awnser me. "
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:21 pm

"He can't answer you." Angus said, coming in with a bucket of feed. "But I can. Make up with Brian. Its not that hard. You just don't really understand him, do you? He's not the big hardass you seem to think he is. He has a very disciplined outer shell because thats what he has to be in order to teach people how to stay alive in the business we're in. Underneath, he's one of the nicest, most compassionate guys you're probably ever going to meet. And he has a lot of wounds of his own. He tries to cover them up, but they're there.

"Brian sees his primary job is to train you. To make you a true warrior. And what we've all learned from Robert is that to be a good warrior, one has to be a good teammate and has to know when to lead and when to take orders and not take it personally. Everything Brian asks you to do is geared to keep you and whoever you're protecting alive and without injury. And he's damned good at what he does. He sees you as having a lot of raw potential to be a good operative--if you can learn to follow his orders and polish yourself in a way that is useful. He also believes that if you dont' polish yourself, someday its going to get you killed."

He dumped the bucket of feed in the horse's feed bin. "And you know something? He's right."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:41 pm

cassidy sat back and pulled her legs up to her chest "I know and I will" she said she heard him talk of being a team member and she sighed" mine all die or betray me " she said softly " I want to be part of the team so badly" she said softly " I try hard but i always seem to fail, I tried being freinds , I tried to focus on the missions and i got told i was focusing too hard " she moved to turn slightly away from him. " I don't mean to act that way, i guess...I guess i don't know how to be a part of a team , i 've worked alone for so long " she hung her head.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:46 pm

"You don't know how to be part of a team," Angus said, refilling his bucket and going to the next stall to feed the next horse, "because you don't want to listen to anyone else but yourself. And, believe it or not, none of us know it all. Not any of us. But together, we can and we do get amazing things done. You surely must have known that or you would not have wanted to join us. But now you're here. Robert let you onto the team, and you pay him back with arrogance and resistance? Sounds like you want to be alone more than you want to be here. If I were you, I'd start by making up your mind."

Khaat, meanwhile, had gotten achy and tired of being without Brian, and was tired of working. She went upstairs and checked on him. He was fast asleep on the bed. He looked comfortable. She went over and checked his knee. It looked like it was doing well, all things considered. She looked up and saw a very clear view of Luther Burke--on the estate--staring directly up at the bedroom window. Her rage was fueled, and she picked up her wand and apparated out of the house to stand directly in front of Burke.

"Get off my land," she hissed angrily.

"And what will you do about it, Little Lupin?" he laughed. "Will you die as bravely as your famous uncle did?"

"Not today," she said, leveling her wand directly at his chest.

"Oh ho," he was amused by her. "You almost make me think you mean business."

"Avada Kedavra!" she fired the killing curse. But he had a shield in place and it held. He returned fire with a powerful, loud, explosive blast that misfired and hit a tree limb above her. She jumped backwards before the limb fell, narrowly missing being crushed.

In the barn, Angus heard the massive explosion. "We're under attack," he said, dropping the bucket and apparating out quickly. He apparated into a hedge off to Khaat's right, completely silently. Luther Burke. The man made Angus angry by being on the estate. So far, Khaat looked like she had it well in hand. He wasn't going to move. Not yet.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Cassidy ran to khaat and angus he wand out and held infront of her " thats burke !!!" she said anger and hate showing in her eyes and in her voice her hand tightened around her wand as she waited " thats the basterd that took my freind and sold her to the monster that beat her and raped her" she took a step forward her anger now seething and rising from inside her. she could not stop her self as she stook a step forward bringing her closer to him " she died because of you i brought her out of that hell but inside she died " her ager driving her to take yet another step now that she faced the one man she ahd searched for all these years.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:48 pm

Brian had been uprooted by the explosion. He bounced off the bed, grabbing his wand in one fluid movement, and saw the smoke and flames rising from across the grounds. "Damn you, Burke!" he cursed. He apparated out.

Meanwhile, Burke merely laughed at Cassidy, truly amused by her foolishness. He didn't say a word. He merely fired a nonverbal sectumsempra at her. Khaat was horrorstruck by what she saw. Cassidy was totally unprepared for it. She hadn't known how ruthless Burke truly was. She had no clue what she honestly up against. And Khaat hadn't reacted in time to protect her.

Suddenly Brian was there standing between Cassidy and Burke. "Contego!" he surrounded himself, Khaat and Cassidy, who was now flat on the ground, with his strongest shield.

"Not today, Burke," Brian said fiercely. "They're mine." Angus came out of the brush and joined Brian.

"How many do you need to stand me down, Little Man?" Burke laughed.

"Just me," Brian said calmly. He fired a spell directly into Burke, and Burke's blood flew everywhere. Khaat heard Burke shriek in agony. She also saw him apparate out in a cloud of sparks. Khaat knelt beside Cassidy and correctly cast the Vulnera Sanantur--the spell to correctly stop a Sectumsempra, restore bloodloss, and seal the wound. It was the only spell that worked on such a wound.

"Khaat?" Brian asked.

"I've got it, Brian," she said quietly, watching the wound seal and the massive bloodstain disappear from Cassidy's clothing. By the end of the day, Cassidy would be physically none worse for wear. She would be fine. The spell worked quickly.

"You two okay?" Brian asked Khaat and Angus.

"Fine," they both told him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 87 of 98 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 92 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top