Sand and Snow - Page 65
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 65 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 65 of 98 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 81 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 65 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:01 am

Cassidy watched leave then return with the napkins floating behind him she watched one settle beside her and smiled , listening to them she thought about the decorations when she heard Michael ask Steven if he and she could help with the groceries. Cassidy waited and then heard him say about her helping in the kitchen "I'd like that " she said smiling at him "Just hope I'll be good enough" she glanced at Angus for a sign of approval , then looked at steven.

Steven smiled " Cassidy have a bit of faith in your self " he said softly "if its ok with Robert sure I'll help need to finalise things for the wedding anyway " he said and finished his loaf as he sat back against his chair .
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:11 am

"Then its settled," Robert said.

"Robert," Brian said. "I want to do some strength assessments for Khaat this afternoon. I'd like you to stay for that, please."

"So soon?" Robert frowned. "She's not liable to pass any of them yet, Brian."

"They're not tests. They're just evals. I'd like you there."

"Very well. Cassidy, Brian said you pulled a muscle. How's that coming? Do you want me to check it while I"m here this afternoon?" Robert asked. Khaat didn't respond when Brian and her father said they were going to assess her strength. She knew too that she would fail miserably. That did not seem like anything she was going to look forward to.

After a long moment, she asked softly. "Do you think this is something that we should do? Already?"

"Its just for a baseline," Brian took her hand and kissed it lovingly. "I won't push you beyond your limits. I promise.'

"Then it wont' take long," she sighed.

"How about you approving my menu for tomorrow night's dinner when you're finished?' MIchael smiled at her. "I'll wait for you. Besides, when was the last time we had any time for a few quiet moments for the two of us?'

"Its been years," she told him honestly.

"And well overdue. My time is yours after Brian's finished," he replied.

"Okay," she agreed.

"And what about that leg, Cassidy?" Brian asked.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:21 am

Cassidy looked at Brian and nodded to Robert "well i didn't strain it its kinda rehab, I cought it on barbed wire years ago but while I was swimming it started to pain me. its been ok Brian, but I hurt like hell after I did those excersises , I haven't done any since ,was going to ask If you could take another look at it " she asked taking once more Angus adv ice into hand to trust them more .
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:35 am

"I'll be happy to," Robert said. "Khaat, come see what your assessment skills tell you on this. Let's see where you stand." he rose and went over to Cassidy and knelt. He laid his hands on her leg, around her calf and checked the muscle. When he was done, he removed his hands. "Khaat? You check. What do you feel?"

She put her hands on the muscle. "It is an old injury, as she said. Not much old inflammation. Some new, though. No bone damange. Its all soft tissue. Its not healed like it should. Fibers misaligned. Tightened too far. Brian's right. It needs rehab now."

"Very good. Right on every count," he told her. "I'd say your diagnostic skills are back completely. Healing, well, we'll have to test that separately. Good job. Khaat's right, Cassidy. Brian is correct. Now--..." He put his hands back around the leg and set some spells in place to reduce pain, reduce new swelling, and start healing. "That will help speed up the rehab. It should have taken away the pain you had in it. It should feel a lot better now."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:35 am

Cassidy felt Roberts hands around her leg they were warm and she smiled as Khaat did the same and again she felt warmth slightly blushing, she was happy that there was no bone damage and sighed when Robert made the slight pain she had leave her " thank you that is so much better " she said now standing on it "I'll start those exercises again this evening " she said now smiling at them as she drank her juice trying not to look at Angus a she knew her cheeks would turn bright red.

Steven sat watching and chuckled when he saw a blush on Cassidy's face as Robert and Khaat touched her leg He took a second piece of loaf and ate watching her he noted the look of relief as they both stopped doing wheat ever it was swim later and she sat back in the chair "hey we could both swim later that way you will have some one watching " he said he saw the smile from Cassidy and he smiled back
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:07 pm

"You're welcome," Robert said. "I think you're on the right track, though. Swimming would be alright. Just don't overdo it. You know what you can do and what you can't. Don't push it too far." As he spoke one fo the chair seemed to be running after Dakota who was crawling across the floor.

"Daddy!" Khaat shrieked in alamr. Robert rose up and waved his wand and cast an incantion to break the spell Khaat had on the furniture--again.

"Don't try anymore spells for another day or so, Babe," Brian said. "Give your head more time to heal. In another day or so. It'll be alright. You just need more time."

"He's right," Robert said. "Besides, we dont' need the furniture chasing the babies. After all, its furniture. Its not all that bright."

"Well, then let me ask this. Did you find something amazing for Mom?" she asked.

"I did," he smiled. "I know her tastes. I foudn a coule of things that I know she'll really love. What are you cooking, Angus? It smells wonderful."

"Braised short ribs in a red wine sauce and roasted root vegetables with fresh herbs," he replied.

"God, that sounds wonderful."

"Well, bring Kate back for dinner," Angus invited. "There's plenty."

"Are you sure?"

"Why not? It'll be fine."

"Well, I'll go ask her."

"You need to come back so we can do Khaat's evaluation," Brian said.

"I'll be back," Robert assured him, apparating out.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:11 am

Caasidy stood up and moved to the kitchen to check dinner she knew he couldn't with his arm and so took charge again , taking it out she checked it finsing it almost done but she needed a second opinion hoping Angus would check for himself evetually she moved the tray back in the oven and sighed sitting down the heat hitting her making her eyes sting a little she placed the tea towl over her face it felt cool against her flushed cheeks.

Standing she managed a drink of cool water before she headed to the fridge to see if anything had been made for desert since she ahd found that was her talent.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:47 am

Khaat saw Cassidy go to the kitchen to apparently help Angus with dinner. If she knew Angus, he had a massive roaster full of short ribs and it most likely would never be wrestled with one hand. "I'm sorry, Angus," she said. "My wonky magic was the cause of that."

"This?" he frowned. "Its nothing. Come on. We do worse in practice. You know that. I'll be right back." He got up and went to the kitchen. "Well, its smelling right, Cassidy. How did it look? Hopefully the sauce is reducing and getting thicker? We've got several hours to go til dinner, but I'm hoping it will be good and think with beef that's just falling right off the rib bones. That's what I"m hoping anyway. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:04 am

Cassidy looked up as he walked in and she smiled "It nerly there , the sauce was like a thick glaze now and im guessing it will be by then " she said "I just goe a little heat on my face" she turned to look at the cooker the bruise on he temple now very evadent as it now was purple against her lightly tanned skin. she opened it slightly so he could see this time making sure to stand back first to let the heat out "I learn f ast" she chuckled before returning to her seat at the table and th.e cool water in the glass.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:21 am

"Well, good. That is as it should be. The sauce I mean. We can always add some stock to it if it gets too thick." He knew what it was like to have the heat from the oven come back in his face, but it was a low oven. That was the whole idea of braising. Maybe she wasn't up to really heping him in then kitchen. He did notice the bruise. After all, he had been there when she got it, but there really wasn't any cure for a bruise but time. The most magic could do is to cause it to fade maybe a little sooner.

"Thank you," he told her. "I think the kitchen is in good shape now." He took out two baby bottles from the cabinet and filled them with juice for the girls. "I know two little ladies that are due for their afternoon naps. Its about time I saw to that. They're not very happy when they miss their naps. Excuse me."

He took the bottles into the other room. "I'll take those, Angus," Khaat said.

"You'll take one. I'll take the other," Brian said. "I'll take the fiesty one." He handed Abbey to Khaat and picked up Dakota himself. Angus handed one bottle to Khaat and one to Brian.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 98 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 81 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top