Sand and Snow - Page 66
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 66 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 66 of 98 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 82 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 66 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:47 am

After a moment Cassidy nodded "you can always do that " she said finishing her water washing her glass she watched him closly at how he opened a bottle and made them with only one good hand. She was amazed at his skill "guess I still have a lot to learn " she said " you do still want to teah me how to cook or are you tired of me all ready?" she asked noting how he walked out into the living room. Cassidy moved back in to the kitchen to make some fresh coffee walkingout with the fresh pot she picked the old one half empty cold one and refreshed every one except Robert who she had made tea for.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:04 am

"What?" he frowned. He wasn't sure what she meant by her remark. He had been merely taking a couple of bottles to the girls so they wouldn't get off schedule. Was she going to take that personally? "I'm only keeping the girls on schedule," he replied. "I have a lot that I do during a day's time and it all revolves around timing. I'm not skipping out on you. I just have a lot of things to juggle, and being short staffed by two only makes me do the work of three."

"I can always bring a couple more people from Paris to help out," Brian said.

"I'm fine, Brian," Angus said quietly, irked by how his hand delayed him in doing much of anything.

"Its only for a day," Brian reminded him. "You don't have to keep up today. I can bring more people here."

"No. I said I'm fine," Angus said.

"Then let us help you. After all, we live here too," Brian said. He looked over at Abbey who was already in a sound sleep on Khaat's shoulder. Dakota had different ideas and had no intention of willingly surendering to take a nap. "Cassidy, would you please take Abbey up to her crib and put her down for her nap? Khaat's just not strong enough to make that trip upstairs by herself yet. Another day or so will make a huge difference, and you're good with the girls," Brian said. "I think you can do it without waking Abbey up."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:25 am

Cassidy smiled "sure" she said softly and moved to lift her , she wined softly but didn't wake Cassidy cradled her gently as she moved up the stairs and to her room Laying her down Casidy stood for amoment softly singing once again , some how she found it relaxing for her self, it was a soft lullaby she had heard along time ago , she picked up a blanket and pulled it gently over her . Smiling she moved to head back down to the living room. She sat down and drank her coffee looking at them all.

(( Cassidys lullbly ))
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:44 am

Brian was just wearing out Dakota who was falling asleep on his shoulder, still wimpering and sniffling in his neck. She was growing heavy on his shoulder as she finally gave in and sank into sleep. Khaat watched him carrying Dakota and how natural it looked now for him to carry one or the other of the girls. Neither of them were his biologically, but he had never flinched for one brief second. He had taken them as surely as if they had been his and he had loved them every bit as much.

Khaat's thoughts wandered to Mis. In a couple years, Mis would more than likely want to take Dakota and try to raise her on her own. Khaat couldn't blame her for that, but still, at this point, it felt a lot like Mis would be taking one fo Khaat's daughter for her. She began to believe she mad made a mistake by letting herself treat Dakota like her own.

"Where are your thoughts?" Brian asked her gently, as he felt Dakota start to breathe heavily and evenly with sleep.

"Nothing that we need to talk about again," she smiled.

"Oh. That," Brian smiled. He watched Cassidy come back downstairs. "Any trouble?" He didn't expect there to be trouble. Abbey was the easiest of the two to put to sleep. Dakota was the tough one. "I think this one is finally asleep. She's really stubborn. Maybe I should take this one upstairs myself. You're welcome to try, but its not an easy job." He smiled at Cassidy.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:50 am

Cassidy loooked atDakota nd smiled " she'll be fine " she said softly and looked at Khaat as she cradled Dakota gently in her arms.Walking back up she placed her too in her crib. Cassidy stayed stood beside the crib as she heard her wimper softly. "shush, its ok " she said softly and gently as she placed a yellow duck against her , holding it Cassidy noticed she fell back to sleep again and placed a soft blanket over her. Stepping back she sat in a rocking chair to wait just incase she should wake.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:22 am

"Alright," Brian said to Khaat. "The kids are taken care of. No more excuses. Lets go see how much ground we need to regain. Downin the gym. Let's go." Khaat sighed. She dreaded this. She knew full well how far she had slipped physically and how difficult it was going to be for her just to be able to walk through the house without help, much less for her to being to start to workout again. She wasn't sure she really wanted Brian to know. This had potential to be very ugly.

She fell silent as he took her downstairs to the gym. By the time she got there, she was winded and weak and tired, even with his help. He allowed her to sit and rest. He didn't say anything, and she coldn't read whether he had anticipated this much or not. At least he wasn't making her change out of her jeans. She wsa beginning to wonder if perhaps he was maybe more onto this than she had given him credit for.

"I thought you were going to wait for my father," she told him, not sure she really wanted that to happen either, though.

"If I do that, we'll be waiting til after dinner," Brian said. "He's obviously gotten waylaid somewhere. This isn't going to take that long. I think we need to just do this." She sighed heavily.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:30 am

Cassidy looked at her watch it had ben five minets since the two had fallen a sleep and she quietly headed out and down to the kitchen taking out the meat she poured a little water over and slid it back in the oven. Cassidy touched the side with a fork and the meat sem to slid off the bone she knew it was close to being done the begatables were soft but still held there form. She lsid the table and smiled as she stood with a tea towel tucked into the belt of her trousers . she accioed some flowers to her hand and then placed them in a vase in the center of the table returning to finish a strawberry cheese cake she had found a recipy for. She gently piped small shaped on the top in st rawberry sauce and in fresh cream she smiled as he stepped back looking at it.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:51 am

Khaat submitted herself to Brian's series of stretches and exercises. They were things that she normally could have done in her sleep. Things she could have done without thinking. She couldn't do them anymore. It was just damned hard work now. She had lost too much. She felt hopeless. She didnt' feel like she wold ever get it back again. Not ever.

And Brian was pushing. She was going to meet his demands no matter what it took. Wasn't going to fail. She kept pushing herself, giving him no feedback, just working.

Then she heard him, sorta. His voice was telling her to stop. "Khaat--stop. Quit. Wait a second..." he was saying. The next thing she knew everything went completely black.

From Brian's point of view, he began to see her giving out long before this, but she wasn't listening. Just kept trying, and while he admired her for it, it wasn't a crime if she didn't meet her old standards. He hadn't expected her to. And then, he didn't like what he was seeing--at all. He had tried to stop her, called to her. And then she collapsed completely on the gym floor. He cursed and raced to her. He checked her quickly. She had fainted from exhaustion. She had done too much. He signed heavily, picked her up and apparated her back upstairs to her room, putting her on the bed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:10 am

Cassidy place the cheese cake in the fridge and headed down she found it empty and frowned noting on the clock she had five mnets till she ahd to check it all again , quickly she moved to the leg lift lightening the load to it would not pull her calf and she began pushing up and down breathing seadily till she had done ten repatitions, picking up a towel he moved back to the kitchen placing it on the b a chair , back of a chair and wondered where Angus had , with a shrug she checked the meat again and grabbed a glass of water.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:25 am

Khaat woke slowly and found Brian there with her. She frowned when she saw herself in her room. She could see by Brian's face he was ticked.

"Did I fail that badly?" she asked softly.

"The test was over at least 2 minutes before you stopped," he said. "You do that again, and I swear, Khaat, I'll hit you with a Petrificus Totalus so hard, it'll take you a week before you can scratch your nose." She rolled her eyes at him in irritation. He opened his mouth to say something in pure anger, closed his mouth again, and walked to the door. "Do us both a favor and rest," he said, going downstairs.

He found Angus coming in from outside. "Where'd you go?" Brian asked irritably.

"Ok, either you're angry with me, or Khaat didn't pass her test," Angus said.

"Leave it alone," Brian said quietly. He grabbed his jacket and went outside to take a walk in the snow to cool off. Angus sighed heavily.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 98 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 82 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top