Sand and Snow - Page 52
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 52 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 52 of 98 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 75 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 52 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Steven Walker Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:37 am

Steven walked into the living room seeing scruffy Brian in his arms sat A restless Abbey , he'd brought her down for her bottle after changing her, Cassidy followed with Dakota tugging at her hair . Steven had kept his promise and been on duty every day and night for 5 days straight he'd explained to Delilah who had been happy since the dance to let him do his job as long as on his first day off he went to her he said he would.

"hey did we hire a wear " he joked seeing his short beard " Abbey was restless so I brought her for a change of scenery" he held the little girl against him but turned to she could see Brian , she screwed up her face "hum she doesn't like it ether "
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:54 am

Brian gave each of his girls a hug. They giggled. He was glad they were happy. But Steven was right. They didn't like Brian unshaven. "Well, Robert was right," Brian said. "He said I had to shave. Look, a couple of things. I promised him I'd try to sleep while Khaat seems to be over the worst of the detox and is asleep. Start spelling each other for some sleep. I appreciate your dedication, but we can't let this go like this anymore. Work it out. Stagger the shifts a bit. Whoever has been up the longest needs to go to bed now. Then in about 3 or 4 hours, the next person should go. I'll try to be up 5 hours or so to relieve the rest of you. And I'll shave. I promise. Can you all hold it together that long? Robert is still here and awake. He's not planning on going to bed."

Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:04 am

Steven chuckled "were ok we worked it out when the kids sleep we take turns and that person patrols with Angus" he said and looked at Robert "if you don't mind me saying sir go sleep we have it " he said and picked up two bottles one to Abbey and one to Dakota who guzzeled hers down "she's going to get wind" he said watching abbey take her time with hers "there's a distinct difference in behaviour" he said as he move to the play pen and placing her down.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:16 am

"There certainly is," Brian smiled. "Alright. Hey, if Khaat wakes before I do, dont' let her think I"m not still here for her, okay?" He went upstairs to the guest room and fell into an exhausted sleep before his head hit the pillow.

"Finally," Angus said. "He was really on his last. He was going to fall asleep soon no matter what. Oh, breakfast is ready. I'm going to fix a plate and make sure Robert gets some breakfast. Go help yourselves." He went into the dining room and picked up a plate and put on it a slice of a bacon and cheddar frittata, fresh scones, and a bowl of fresh fruit salad. He picked up a fork for him and a napkin. "I'll be right back. He needs to get some food while he can."

He took the plate and the copy of the Daily Prophet up to Robert who was sitting on the sofa in Khaat's room. "Breakfast," he said quietly.

"Thank you," Robert said.

"How is she? Any change?"

"I think the worst is over. Her fever is gone, and she's finally sleeping comfortably. I think the stomach stuff has stopped, and the congestion was getting better during the night. But geting her strength back might be another thing altogether. How are the others?"

"Tired. Brian went to bed. He promises to shave."

"Good. Send someone to bed now."

"Brian told us. We're fine. "

"Ok. Then go eat."

"Yes, Sir," Angus smiled. He left and returned to the breakfast table.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:24 am

Steven walked to the kitchen taking a plate glad of some food and he sat down at the table with Cassidy who had put Dakota in with Abbey and grabbed a plate with three of Angus's scones , Steven chuckled at her and shook his head .

"What I like them he's a good cook " she said taking a bite of her first , it was still warm and she loved it . "mu mm deliciousness" she chuckled and continued to eat her breakfast quietly.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:40 am

Khaat finally started to stir. It had been hours. Robert waited to see if she was going to wake up or drift back off. When she finally did wake, he got up and laid the paper aside and went over to her. He sat down on the bed and brushed the hair out of her face. Her father's touch still meant safety and comfort to her. She finally allowed herself to breathe. Really breathe and start to unwind a bit.

"Are you back with me again?" he asked her. She nodded. "It seems like its over. Stomach still so upset?" She shook her head. "Khaat, look at me." She found it almost impossible to make herself look him in the eye. "Look at me," he said more deliberately, slowly. She had to somehow pull herself out of the distance in order to make herself look at him. "Better. Much better. Khaat, this distance is how you survived Barker. You dont' need to do that now. You can come back. Its over. Its something you had to learn to suvive his torture. You shifted back to that when things got ugly in the detox." He picked up a glass of water near the bed and lifted her on a couple of pillows and then fed her a couple of sips of water. The first sip didn't even make it for her to swallow it because she was so parched. It wasn't until the second or third that any actually went down her throat. "That's my girl. Now, I'm going to send for some juice for you. Liquids today. You're really dehydrated. Food later today or tomorrow. Okay?" She nodded. He flicked his wand "Accio, Juice!"

Angus was seated at the breakfast table when his juice glass began to levitate and start to float off. He snatched it. "Hey! Wrong juice," he laughed. "Um. I would guess Robert is sending for juice? I don't see you guys doing it. Khaat doesn't have any magic, and Brian is asleep."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:51 am

Steven looked up to see the glass rising and Angus catching it "not unless he's sleep accioing"he said and chuckled to himself "I'd fill it and let it go " he said "Khaat must be awake " he said continuing to eat his breakfast as he watched.

Cassidy stood up and placed her plate in the sink "lovely breakfast Angus thank you " she followed the glass up the stairs and to Khaat's room and opened the door so it could continue on its way inside "Juice any one " she said softly as she now waited at the door "
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:00 am

"Yes, thank you," Robert said. "Come in. She's awake. She's seriously dehydrated now. She needs something to drink. Just liquids today, but a lot of them. You might pass the word along." He took the glass from the air and fed her the juice. "Oh, and if she's up to it, I think we'll help get her washed up and into a fresh nightgown. Maybe fresh sheets. That will make her feel a lot more human.

"Khaat," Robert looked at his daughter. "They need to know. They've been here with you every moment. We're telling them." He looked at Cassidy. "Cassidy, when Khaat was with Barker, she learned how to shut down her mind in order to survive. The detox was more than she could deal with, in some ways. She's sort of shut down. It just means she finds herself feeling a bit distanced from us. She might need a little bit this morning to find her voice again. But she's fine. Or she will be, rather."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:07 am

Cassidy looked at Robert trying to hide the fear she felt for Khaat hearing his words about her she nodded "Like my friend did when she was taken , she...she wouldn't speak just sit and rock" she said she shook her self back out of her memories "its ok, I'll let Angus know just fluids "she said and moved to the door she could not help give and audible sigh her hand steadying herself only for a moment then she headed down to the living room
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:19 am

Khaat recoiled, curled up. Cassidy thought she was a freak. Khaat wasnt' that out of it. Robert intervened quickly. "Stop," he told her. "Just stop. Its not like that. She has some bad memories too. She doesn't get it. She only sees her own bad stuff. You know what thats like." She didn't respond at first. "Come on. You know. Don't go there with me," he said. She nodded slowly.

He helped her to freshen up and, with a flick of the wand, he had the sheets change themselves while she was showering. He was pleased to find she had a bit more strength than he thought. She was able to shower if she kept it short. The shower felt like it was starting to breathe some new life into her again. She wasn't feeling so dirty and condemned. She was just slipping on a clean nightgown when her knees went out from under her. She let out a startled shriek as she fell.

Robert came in uninvited, hearing her little shriek. He reached under her shoulders and lifted her up to her feet. "You're alright. Relax. You're fine. You just need to get a little steam back. Come on." He helped her back towards her bed. "Hey, you know what?" he asked. "You found your voice again doing that. Try. Who am i?"

"Daddy," she managed in a tiny insecure voice.

"That's my girl," he smiled, tucking her back into bed. "You are definitely on the mend."

"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 98 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 75 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top