Resurrection - Page 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Resurrection - Page 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Resurrection

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Resurrection - Page 10 Empty Re: Resurrection

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:39 pm

Khaat heard bellowing from Eli's room, and her maternal insticts raged. She snatched up her wand, sat up on the side of her bed and apparated herself into Eli's room, placing herself between Eli and Marina, leveling her wand directly at her heart, or rather where it should have been. She saw Eli backed into a corner and saw a blazing handprint on his cheek. She was outraged.

"Get your hands off my son!" she hissed in a low, fierce tone. She was perfectly ready to fire at Marina Krum. "You lost any privilege you had to love this wondeful young man when you neglected him for your own selfish needs. I am his rightful legal guardian. Learn my name, and learn it well. Khaat Lupin: Eli's mother. You got that?"

Robert stepped over to Khaat to try to keep her from frying Marina Krum. "Khaat, she's not worth it." Robert said gently, seeing the raw rage in her face. On top of what Barker had done to both her and Eli, she just was not in the mood to allow even the slightest abuse now. She'd had enough.

Khaat glared hard at Marina. She wasn't listening to her father for once. No one was going to ever lay a hand on Eli ever again. Not Barker and not Marina. And right now, the idea of offing one of them sounded very satisfying. "Say the word, Eli," she said, never taking her eyes off Marina. "What would you like? Teacup? Cheeky hat? Bug jar? Or very dead? My pleasure. You deserve better than her. You always have. I'll give you first choice. Then after that, she's mine."

Robert sighed heavily. Well--this had not been in his plans.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:49 pm

Chase felt the need to write down what everyone wanted for Christmas, and just as she was writing, she heard yelling from across the hall. Suddenly Khaat had jumped out of bed and apparated. Chase jumped to her feet, and looked around helplessly. It took her about two seconds to figure out where Khaat had gone however, when she heard her voice across the hall. Chase flung open the door and looked in on the group. Elijah seemed to have been slapped, and Chase rushed over to him. She put her hand on his shoulder, and than pulled out her wand, attempting to heal the cuts on his face. Khaat seemed to have the others under control, and they were all protecting Elijah now.

Chase spun so that she could look at the family, Krum was telling her to just go, Marina, Chase had figured out her name from all the yelling, looked deadly, and so did the Minister and Khaat. Chase looked up at Eli and bit her lip, knowing that she probably should have stayed in the other room, mostly because her presence, pregnant, might cause another ripple in this entire equation. But Chase turned back around, and started to deal with Elijah's wounds, as though trying to distract him. She put a cloth against his cheek, and wiped the blood off his face. He didn't deserve more pain, not from his own Mother. Chase gently cleaned up the cuts and then found herself staring at the group. Hopefully they would mistake her for just another healer coming to help Elijah, and cleaning him up.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Something Elijah had no expected was for Khaat to Apparate into the room and place herself between him and his mother but he didn’t have to worry about it because his father was quick to throw her out of the room. Then the ranting and raving started. Elijah was mesmerised by it, so much so that he staggered to the doorway to watch. His request for Robert to save him from the two of them became unnecessary and he watched his mother flounce down the hallway. He looked around and watched her disappear down the stairs. She was gone.

“N-no...it’s okay...” Elijah said softly, looking over at Viktor who was wringing his hands together, clearly wondering whether what he’d done was right. “Dad sorted it out.” Elijah whispered to himself. He glanced down at Chase and smiled slightly. He leant down and kissed her soundly on the lips. He took one arm off of the top of the doorframe and wrapped his arm around Chase. He leant down and kissed her once more before straightening up once more.

He wouldn’t have picked the dignity of a sock or a teacup or a bug. Then again, he would have purposely seen to it that she gotten trodden on if she’d have been a bug. He let himself rest heavily against the doorframe and he reached up to clutch the top of it. “Why didn’t you do that ten years ago you silly sod?”

Viktor looked at Elijah and chuckled. “I still love her, Eli.”

Elijah wrinkled his nose. “Why on earth would you still love her? Did you see what she did to your heir?” He pointed at his cheek.

“Come here you Drama Queen. Let me see...” Viktor stepped forward and took Elijah’s chin in his hand. He wiped away the trickle of blood that had been caused by his wife’s nails and he moved Elijah’s head slightly so the light was bathed on the mark. “You will live.” He decided, looking at the redhead beside his son and smiling.

“What if I don’t? What if she puts rat poison on her nails? What if it kills me!?” he shrieked, grinning widely.

“Your mother is not quite that strange, Elijah.” Viktor smiled grimly. “I do not even think she would do that. She cares about her clothes too much to want to claw rats to death.” He released his son’s chin and put his hand in the pocket of his coat.

“I’ve missed you, Dad.” Elijah admitted quietly.

“You have?” Viktor asked hopefully. “Well I...I...I have missed you too.”

“I have a request though...”

“What is that?” Viktor asked.

“Please don’t send me a broom for Christmas..ever again.”

“Ah,” Viktor smiled and chuckled. “Yes well I do not think you need any more do you? That woman...she’s your guardian?”

“Khaat? Yeah, seems like it again. Not that I mind. It just adds the roof over your head aspect.” Elijah made a triangle without a base over the top of his head with his hands and smiled. He dropped the gesture and wrapped his arm around Chase again.

“You would have one in Sofia, Elijah.” Viktor reminded him. “For everyone.” He added.

“At what cost, Dad? I’ll go back there one day just...no time soon.” Elijah replied.

“Alright.” Viktor nodded, appeased by that. “One day though and it would be no cost, only to your own feelings perhaps. Now,” he glanced at Chase. “You have two bored children and one bored Frenchwoman down the hall, all three of which want your attention but first...introduce me to your lovely companion and would you care to explain that to me?” He gestured to Chase’s stomach. “What exactly have you done?”

“Isn’t the parent meant to explain the birds and the bees to the child? You know how it goes.”

“No. You were adopted.” Viktor said, feigning seriousness. Elijah rolled his eyes.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Khaat was delighted to see Marina leave. She wanted to express gratitude to Victor for standing up to Marina. She had laid her wand in her lap when Marina left the room. She saw her father relax just a small amount. She knew he had seen that, for Eli, Khaat would have done anything. Anything.

"Go back to bed, Khaat," her father said to her now softly. "The crisis is averted. You can rest." He was, personally, glad that some element of good had come out of this for the Krum family. She didn't say a word. She flicked her wand and apparated back to her room.

"My apologies, Viktor," Robert said. "So much for decorum. I suppose it is fairly obvious now how much Eli means to us. Khaat...well, she is very devoted. My plan is to send Eli to live with her for awhile. I believe he'll be sufficently protected there. Her home is protected with a number of enchantments and has not ever been breeched." He tried to stifle a slight amused smile. He knew that if anyone so much as breathed on Eli, Khaat would rip them apart. "And as I said, you'll be welcome to visit. Friends and family are always welcome. That is, presuming that is acceptable for you temporarily, Eli."

Meanwhile, Khaat went back to bed, laying her wand beside her on the bed. That had been exhausting. It hadn't been much, but it had cost her a very great deal. She closed her eyes, the pain in her injuries feeling very raw and new now. She expected her father to lecture her when this was over. And that would not be the worst of it. Brian, by far, would be the worst. And then there was one more thing. What really did Eli think of her deciding she needed to protect him? Did he mind? She had not thought about that before, but she did now.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Chase looked at Elijah as he pulled her close and kissed her. Then she looked up at Viktor, her cheeks red. Chase smiled at him rather shyly. "I'm Chase Moor.." She said softly. "I'm well, I'm his girlfriend, and I'm pregnant with his child." She said softly, glancing at Elijah, before looking back up at Viktor. "It's very nice to meet you... Mr. Krum." She said and then smiled at him, extending her hand for him to shake. "I'm sorry we couldn't have been introduced in a... better manner." She said glancing at the door that Marina had disappeared out of. "I've been here with Elijah since he got rescued.." She said with a small smile to him.

It still wasn't quite getting through her head, that she was talking to THE Viktor Krum, the famous Quidditch Player. She had just witnessed a breakdown of his family, and she was dating his son. It was pretty easy to forget who Elijah's real parents were when you were around him, but now.. now she was staring at Viktor Krum, who was the grandfather of her baby. Her baby.. her and Elijah's baby. She let her hand rest lightly over the bump in her abdomen, and smiled at him. She hoped he didn't recognize her from peeking out at him from the door, but she had been so.. amazed by seeing Viktor Krum, here in front of her. It felt all wrong for a second, and she blushed deeper, her gaze drifting to his chest, unable to look him in the eyes any longer.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:58 pm

It was simple for Viktor to understand what had happened; there was no way his son could have been adopted. He had to admit though; this wasn’t something he had expected. He had always assumed at Elijah was smarter than that. They looked happy though. They looked happy to be in each other’s arms. At least something had gone right for his eldest. He had yet to really speak to Cecilia. He’d taught her to fly and that was the extent of their relationship.

Viktor had never had the pleasure of teaching Elijah to fly. He was a boy that could fly before he could walk and he could fly well at that point. Viktor hadn’t been to any of his son’s Quidditch matches. He would have had he been on the team in Durmstrang but Elijah was useless according to the Quidditch instructor. Viktor could recall the man saying that if they had races no one else would win but it wouldn’t be until he bulked up that he’d be allowed on the Quidditch team. Now, providing his information was correct, Elijah could play and would play most of the positions on the pitch.

“I cannot supply you with any embarrassing baby stories but if you could convince your other half to join me and Stelladora in Sofia then she would fill your books so to speak with his embarrassment.”

Viktor smirked at Elijah who was beginning to redden and the boy managed to smirk back although it was much more of a grimace. Viktor chuckled and looked at Chase. “It could have been no better manner that we could have been introduced. In worse it would have been disaster. In a way it has been disaster but it has a much happier ending than one would have thought. I can only do but offer you my blessing. Do not allow your cousins to plan any over-the-top weddings, Elijah. Let us wait until the season of supposed good will is over and normality returns.”

Elijah pursed his lips and looked at Robert, hanging onto the top of the doorframe for dear life. “I’m sure it’ll be alright,” he looked back at his father, “Unless of course Berlin is calling?”

“They can’t do much without their Seeker, maybe I’ll just take a little bit of time off.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:09 pm

"Very well, then," Robert said. "When I see Brian shortly, I'll start to make arrangements to release you into his and Khaat's very capable hands. I'd like to do that as soon as possible. I've had a talk with your father and explaineed to him how important it is to move you out of these luxurious surroundings, much as I do realize you're enjoying it. I'm sure Khaat will let you bring your tennis ball so long as you don't torture the cats with it.

"Even if we do catch Barker shortly, I will want you well out of harm's way for awhile, not only to recover, but Barker is not my only concern. I need to be sure that the men who basically own Barker are done with you. When I'm comfortable with that, you'll be out from under me at least. I know that won't disappoint you. That's alright. Khaat, however, might be another story. She's liable to be a bit fierce for awhile. I'm sure you can understand that.

"Your things from Hogwarts as at Khaat's already, but if you want some additional things and you need help getting them, let me know. I'm sure we can accommodate that. In the meantime, how about letting me help you back to bed before you fall down? Besides, it sounds like you have some people who really are anxious to visit with you."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:02 pm

This whole situation was completely alien. He was talking to his father as if they hadn’t been estranged for seventeen years. He had watched his mother in complete disarray. He’d watched her fall apart. He’d watched her turn into the woman he’d heard his grandfather speak of so fondly, the delicate, timid Marina that gave shy smiles and rarely engaged in conversation with anyone but Viktor. She had depended on that man, Anton had told Elijah. What he hadn’t said was why she’d changed. No one seemed to know, no one but his father who didn’t even believe her.

“What happened?” Elijah asked quietly, half-listening to Robert in the background. “‘You know what’ – what did she mean by that? What happened?”

“A story for another time, Elijah.” Viktor said simply.

With Robert’s aid and the support of his father, Elijah quickly found himself back in bed with his chocolate and the ball which he started to throw again, the tail appearing once more. He broke off a piece of the chocolate and beckoned Chase to him, holding it out for her to take. It was sweet, horribly so, but maybe Kitty would share his love of sweets. Then again, maybe she wouldn’t.

“As long as Khaat doesn’t sit on me like a mother hen then I’m good with whatever she does. Too much hugging could get a bit weird too...” Elijah said thoughtfully to Robert. “Wait...who’s visiting?”

“PAPA!” Fauve’s voice made Elijah sit bolt upright and his eyes immediately fell on Camille, Thierry and Fauve. The little girl bolted away from the Frenchwoman and slid under her grandfather’s legs before throwing herself at Elijah. He caught her in his arms, letting out a gasp of air when her knees made contact with his ribs. He collapsed against the pillows and she bounced around, jumping either side of him on the bed before settling atop his chest as she did when she was smaller. She jingled the bracelet over him and Elijah caught her wrist in his hands. He held it up and fingered the charms dangling off of the chain. He touched the one that had been added by Kerri.

Elijah took Chase’s hand and felt for the love knot which he slipped off of her finger. He held his index finger up, miming for her to wait and held the ring against the charm. “Fauvie...you are a very special girl aren’t you? Your Grandfather is either idiotic or trusts you very much.” He leaned over and slid the ring back onto Chase’s hand. He brought her hand to his mouth and kissed her knuckles. He squeezed it and released her hand, turning back to Fauve who was looking through all of her charms.

“Grand-Papa said that all of the charms are from the women of the family. So...do I add it?” Elijah nodded. “I add mine...but how do I get it?” she frowned.

“Don’t frown, sweetheart, you’ll wrinkle. It is a story. It’s a saying within the elders of our family, although most of them thank Merlin are dead by now.”

“Elijah!” Viktor scolded.

“They were old and nutty, Fauve. They’re not go0d for you. Not if you want to stay even remotely sane.”

“Too late,” Thierry snorted, jumping onto the bed and sitting by Elijah’s legs. He handed the pocket watch to Elijah and asked, “What’s the story behind this, papa?”

“One story at a time, Thierry,” Elijah smiled. He looked at Fauve and rolled some of the charms over her wrist. “They used to say that in the mountains there was a woman. Or rather, there is a woman still walking up there. She is called the mother of family because that is what she is. She was destined for a Krum, one we have no record of. He courted her, he romanced her but they could not marry. No, he was removed from her company and was married to someone else at the request of his parents. She was a beauty like no other. Every other woman paled in comparison to her but they say that she was not beautiful.”

“Wait...” Thierry’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “How is she beautiful but...not?”

“No one looked at her Thierry, not really. They saw no further than the curves of her breasts or the size of her waist. Even in those days when people traded in spices, beauty mattered. Her beauty was unparalleled. Her beauty was in here,” he tapped Fauve’s chest, “and it mirrored on the outside. But it was subtly done. She did not have the long luxurious hair that so many in the village had. She was not tan. She did not have ebony hair and ebony eyes as were the typical genes and pickings for our family. No, she was from Western Europe, an outsider. She was fair, she had hair of fire they say and eyes as blue as the sea. Her smiles stopped people in the streets, prompting others to walk into the frozen forms of the men. Women were jealous of her. So many vied for her attention...”

“...but..?” Fauve prodded.

“Of course she was in love with him. They were in love. It was the perfect bond. Something did not go to plan though. Something changed. They’d taken leaps and bounds that others courting each other at that time would not have taken in a million years. They were ripped from each other. When news of the wedding came and the eventual news of the pregnancy of his wife, her heart broke. They say it is her heart that makes up the bits of this chain. She is the mother of our family Fauve. Krum and his branch succumbed to disease. What she had was something special. She had fallen pregnant with his child. She retreated to the mountains with nothing but a donkey and it was there that she raised her son until he chose to take a wife. She told him one thing and one thing only and that was to marry for love. When a Krum does that now, the woman is presented with one of these. She knows neither where she gets it from nor how but all she knows is that it is hers and it must go onto the bracelet.”

“Will I get one?” Fauve asked, nibbling on her lip. Elijah nodded. She brightened slightly.

“The girls born into the family receive on when they are of age. So you will receive one yes. The girls get one because they are born out of love. The lads get the nigh on impossible task of finding someone to continue that.”

“But I’m...” Fauve looked down at her hands. “I’m not...”

“I truly doubt she cares, Fauve. You are every part of me that Thierry is. You are everything,” he whispered the last two sentences to her.

“But we’re not like...like your baby.” She protested quietly.

“You are my daughter, Fauve, and therefore one half of me. It does not matter what journey you embarked on to get to me now. You are my daughter in every sense of the word. Magic works in strange ways, my love.”

“Does...this...this lady love us? Like she loves her son?”

“She travels the mountains and waits for us to make our way. Call her the deity of the family if you wish. Thierry knows what that word means, Fauvie, don’t worry. She ensured out survival. She ensures so much. Even if it is an old wives tale, magic is so much more than what comes out of your wand. It is everything this world is. You would not be here today without it; you would not be with me or with Chase. Neither would Thierry. I wouldn’t be here. I should have died down there but I didn’t did I? I’m here. So much should have happened that didn’t because of magic. Who is to say she isn’t real? That she isn’t still walking among us?”

“How does she make them?” Thierry asked, glancing between Viktor and Elijah.

“Magic...” Viktor chuckled. “No one knows really I do not think. I should have asked my mother when she was alive.”

“So they just...appear?” Fauve asked.

Elijah nodded. “Pretty much. Yours will be the most beautiful I think, Fauvie. These are all out-dated. They look old.”

“That’s because they are old aren’t they?” Thierry asked, clambering forward to look at the bracelet.

“As old as time itself.” Elijah answered.

“That is one old woman then...” Camille joined in, moving inside to stand beside Viktor. “How are you, Chase?” she asked conversationally.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum