Resurrection - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Resurrection - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Resurrection

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Resurrection - Page 2 Empty Re: Resurrection

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:10 am

"I think you made a very wise choice, Chase," Robert smiled. "If you give my wife your sizes and a list of what you need or would like, she'll pick them up for you. It would do her good not to hover at Khaat's bedside. My wife's name is Katherine--Kate. You might as well get to know Khaat's mother if you're going to live with Khaat.

"Khaat has two daughters. Well, to be technically correct, she has two daughters and a granddaughter. She adopted one of your classmates a couple of years ago. I don't know if you know her. You might. She's in your house, I believe. Miseria Manson Lupin. Khaat adopted Mis when her parents were murdered. Khaat and her husband had a daughter--Abbey-- in May of this year, and Miseria had a daughter--Dakota--in June. Both babies were delivered prematurely, and Abbey's birth nearly killed Khaat. But Abbey is a gorgeous child. So is Dakota for that matter. Khaat has custody of Dakota because of Mis being in school. Mis just does not have the time to go to school full time and to be a mother both. So Dakota lives with Khaat and Brian. Both babies are saying Mama and Dada, eating finger foods, and crawling. They're generally very well behaved, but, as I said, they are very energetic.

"Brian's estate has a large stable filled with horses, but I don't think riding is on your list. She has two muggle cats--an orange tabby named Mo and a white shorthaired cat named Max. She also has her bald eagle, Archangel, who does all her owling duties.

"Let's see, what can I tell you about Brian? He and Khaat have been childhood friends since she and Brian were 8. Brian's parents were killed by a drunk driver shortly after he and Khaat met, and Brian grew up with Khaat in our house. They were very close to my brother Remus who lived with us up almost until his death in 1997. Brian has always, always been Khaat's very best friend. He is an auror, a healer, and his specialty is as a trainer. He trains my aurors and helps them get in top shape, not only as a wizard, but as a fighter, and in top physical shape too. So if you want to build up your strength before delivery or anything like that, Brian is your man.

"Barker, huh? I can understand your questions about him. Yes, he still is on the run, but I can't see how it will be for very long. Barker has absolutely no idea what he bit off when he chose to challenge me. He will, definitely, be stopped. As for how you are getting to Brian's, he will take you himself. No one goes there who is not invited, so he will take you himself, and Angus will get you settled in.

"Eli's injuries. Blood loss, shock, some stab wounds, some broken bones, a lot of cuts and bruises. A lot of internal bruising. He's going to need rest. Wizard healiing methods will help a good deal, but nothing works better than one's own healing systems. And I haven't had a chance to assess him to see how this whole business has affected him emotionally. No one goes through something like that without being bothered by something, if nothing more than their own frightening memories. This is just going to take a bit of time, rest, and good food--mainly."

"Minister," Robert's assistant interrupted them, "Pardon me, but Director Lupin is asking for you."

"Is she alright?" Robert asked.

"She's fine, Sir." The assistant smiled slightly, "She wants to know if she can have something cold to drink with perhaps a bit of ice. And her mother says she'd like to get Director Lupin a little food."

"Chase," Robert said. "This is my executive assistant and Khaat's, Hannah Dahlquist. Hannah, this is one of our healer interns, Chase Moor."

"Very nice to meet you, Chase," Hannah smiled.

"Hannah, would you bring Khaat a cola with some ice and perhaps ask the chef to send up some of the cheddar cheese soup he made today? Ask him to put it in one of those oversized mugs for her, please. And see if you and Jen can get Eli something to eat."

"Right away, Sir," she said, excusing herself.

"Well, shall we go see Brian?" Robert asked. "You need to get to know him if he's going to be one of your bodyguards for awhile. I'm sure he's still with Khaat." He rose and led the way back to the room where Khaat and Eli was.

Robert saw Kate and Brian still with Khaat. She was obviously in tremendous pain, although she said nothing. "Come on over, Chase," Robert said. "You might as well take this opportunity to learn."

He went over to Khaat. He brushed the hair from her bruised face. He paused his hand on her forehead for a moment, assessing her pain. Then he used a spell to ease some of her pain. She relaxed, visibly relieved.

"Thank you, Robert," Brian said quietly, "My pain spells just weren't strong enough."

"Not a problem," Robert smiled, looking at Khaat. "I sent for a cola for you, Dear. I know you're thirsty. Hannah's getting it."

"I set her fractures while you were gone," Brian said. "But I know you'll want to double check it."

"I do," Robert said. He looked at Chase, "I am extremely finicky about the setting of any broken bone. It has to be perfect before I'm satisfied."

"They've set Eli's fractures too while you were gone."

"Good. I'll check them next. Brian, I want you to head up a security detail for Chase until we catch Barker and Greyback. And, Kate, I'd like you to get Chase any clothing or anything else she needs. I don't want anyone knowing where she's gone or why."

"Certainly, Robert," Kate smiled. "I'd be honored."

"...the house..." Khaat said, her voice very weak.

"Yes," Robert said. "Exactly." He looked at Chase. "Khaat says she wants you hidden at the house with her and Brian."

"Its perfect," Brian smiled. "You're more than welcome, Chase."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:27 am

Chase nodded slowly as he spoke, listening without comment for a long while as he spoke of Khaat, and Brian, all about them. The house sounded wonderful, even better then her old home, it was odd, to think that this was the first place that she would be going to as a place to stay outside of Hogwarts since that summer.. Mostly because she had no family of her own, but it was obvious that the minister was doing everything he could to protect her. Putting her in the hands of people he trusted, speaking to her personally. She felt like she was an important person, and she couldn't even look him in the eyes. Chase really started to pay attention when Barker was brought up again, listening to the details, and realizing that she was perfectly safe, the aurors were handling it. They would take him out.. maybe it was best she didn't see him..

Chase looked up when The Minister started to talk of Eli's injuries. It sounded bad. "It sounds like he beat him pretty badly.. why would he though? Eli didn't do anything wrong." She said softly, her eyes fixed on the minister now, like she was afraid to look away now that she had looked up. "If I can help in any way.. anywhere you need me... I'll do it! I... I want to help, I don't want to just be guarded.. so I guess going to Khaat's house is a good idea, I can help take care of her kids while she rests and grows stronger.. I'll help... I want to." She said looking at him, leaning forward slightly.

Chase looked up when someone entered, talking about the Director needing him. She watched the dialouge for a moment,before nodding her head to the person. "It's nice to meet you too." She said a bit to softly, as though she wasn't quite sure what to make of the whole situation anymore, she felt so bogged down with information, half in shock, and confused. When the person disappeared, Chase looked back at the Minister and nodded before standing up and following him back to the room Elijah was in. Her eyes darted over to him, but she realized that people were still looking in on him, she'd go when there weren't so many people around him.

Chase followed the Minister over to Khaat, and watched as he laid a hand on her forehead, and then did a spell to fix it. "Can you tell how much pain she's in just by feeling like that?" She asked in a slightly awed voice, staring at Khaat's bruised and bloodied face with a mixture of disgust and reverence. Khaat had been her idol, and still was, and yet here she lay before Chase, bloodied, brusied, and near death. Broken bones, which were now set had already been taken care of before Chase had gotten there, so much had happened to these two in just a day or a little longer. Probably less then 24 hours. It wasn't fair, they hadn't done anything wrong! They were good people! Even Elijah was good, even though she didn't want to admit it to herself. He was a good person, and he didn't deserve this pain.

Chase jumped slightly when Khaat spoke, looking down at her and feeling tears fill her eyes. She laid a hand on her arm gingerly, making sure she wasn't touching any wounds as she did so. She could almost feel the pain radiating through her own body, and she closed her eyes, small tears leaking down her face. "I wish I could help you.." She whispered, looking at her and then removed her hand. "I'd be honored to stay with you, I will try to fix any inconvenience I give you by helping you around the house.." She said softly, her voice weak and shy sounding. "You have no idea how happy I am that you are helping me even when my life hasn't been directly harmed like you and Eli's has.." She whispered, and then went quiet, her eyes downcast, her hands clasped in front of her.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:50 am

Khaat was moved by finding Chase there. She was grateful her father somehow had gotten her into safety from Barker.

"Chase," Khaat called softly. It took her a moment to summon the words. "It's okay." She felt much too glad to be home to be rattled. She had no way of expressing her gratitude and relief. She looked at her father for help in communicating.

"You're not going to be any inconvenience to us, Chase," Brian spoke instead. "You don't have to earn your keep. Its not like that. You just need to be safe. And, yes, there are ways to learn to use touch to diagnose and heal. Robert was the one who taught both Khaat and me how to do it. I'm sure if you really want to learn, Khaat will be more than willing to be your guinea pig while she's healing, won't you, Babe?" Brian grinned at her. Khaat managed a bit of a smile.

"Anytime," Khaat managed to say. Hannah brought the cola and the soup. Khaat's stomach rumbled loudly. She almost felt a trifle embarressed at that. She couldn't remember when she had been offered safe food last. And she just didn't trust Barker. Not at all.

"Give that soup a moment to cool, Director," Hannah said. "He's just made a fresh pot." She nodded.

"I'm going to go check on Eli," Robert said. "I'll be right here. Brian, please get Kate a pad of paper and a pen to make that list. And Chase, please help Khaat get some of that cola and the soup when it cools. There are drinking straws in the supply cabinet, in the top drawer. That will be easier for both of you." He left them and walked over to Eli. Brian kissed Khaat's bruised cheek softly.

"Speak up if you want anything," He said to her. "I'll be right back. Don't let her run off, Chase." Brian laughed, leaving them for a moment.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:05 am

Chase moved to Khaat's side, and bit her lip looking down at the woman who was her idol, in so much pain.. so weak.. it wasn't right. People don't just do this to good people, you don't hurt people who are good! Khaat hadn't done anything wrong in her life! She helped people, made them get better, healed them.. was the best healer Chase had ever known.. and yet.. here she was, broken, abused, and bloody on a bed in front of her. And not to far from them was Elijah, who Chase had been so angry last she had seen him. The last she had seen him, she had told him she never wanted to see him again, and now? He had almost died, and she may have never been able to make up for it.

Chase looked up at Brian and smiled slightly. There was so much love in this family, it was almost painful to watch. Her family had never been very well put together, they didn't love each other like this family did.. and yet.. Chase had been so devastated when they had been killed. She had never been apart of a family with so much.. love, and now witnessing it, seeing it, and seeing it hurt, it made her hurt and angry.. She wanted to be apart of such a strong family bond.. she wanted to have such a strong family bond, it made her hurt inside, wishing on something this family had so naturally.

When Brian left, Chase got up and got a few straws for Khaat. She sat down in a chair by Khaat's bed and looked at her sadly. "It's not fair.. what he did to you.." She whispered, picking up the bowl of soup, and stirring it so that it would cool faster. "Someone like you.. You know.. you're like.. my idol.. I've followed your line of work, I've watched for as long as I can remember... wishing I could be like you.. and now.. I'm here, sitting by your bed, and waiting for this soup to cool down.. because of what that...." Chase tried to find words that fit Barker. "Monster... did to you.." She shook her head.

"You've been nothing but kind to me, to anyone.. and yet.. he feels he has the right.. that he can just.. waltz into your life, and mess it all up.. well Khaat, I'm going to help you get better, I'll help you with your kids, I'll... I'll be there for you okay? Just like you were there for me.. even if you didn't realize it.." She bit down on her lower lip unhappily. "It was by looking up information about all of the stuff you've done.. that helped me get through the time after my family was killed by an evil man like Barker.. you may know him... Vito Symons? But it was by looking up your stuff.. that helped me.. to not think about it.. and to try and plan my future for this year..." She bit her lower lip, and felt some tears fall down her cheeks. "It's not fair." She whispered, and put the spoon in the soup, carefully ladling some up and putting it near Khaat's mouth, "It's cooler now." She said softly, hoping she could open her mouth a bit for Chase to put some in.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:29 am

Khaat let Chase help her with the soup. She honestly could not remember when she had had anything so wonderful in her life. She did not regret for one single moment now making sure the hospital cook had been replaced with a five star chef. The creamy soup began to make the pain in her stomach go away.

"Barker...hates Daddy," Khaat said. "Daddy dueled his father. Defended himself. Killed Barker's father. Barker can't forgive him. Wants revenge. Found two men to work for with the same grudge. Daddy isn't afraid to stand up to men like him." She took a moment to regain her breath. "This is just part of being a Lupin. It's alright. Really. So long as Eli is alright. That...that mattered."

She was moved when Chase told her about the impact she had had on Chase's life. "And now I need you," Khaat smiled. She sighed, content for the moment. " I don't remember anything ever tasting so good. It's been a long time."

She saw Brian returning. He handed a pad of paper and a pen to Kate. "Thank you, Brian," Kate said. Brian laughed softly.

"Chase, I think I'm just going to keep you around," Brian said. "It isn't that easy to get Khaat interested in food. She needs to gain some weight so I can quit magically tailoring her clothes for her once she dresses. If you're going to stay with us, you're going to have to learn those spells. Its not so easy to do them on one's own clothes while one is wearing them."

Khaat knew that, not so unlike Eli, Chase needed a sense of family too. And she had missed having teens in her house. This whole arrangement with having Chase come to the house made Khaat feel useful and gave her a reason to already start putting Barker behind her. Already. When she had her strength back a bit more, she could perhaps explain that to Chase.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:38 am

Chase listened as Khaat explained why Barker hated her father. Chase stared at the soup for a moment, before she helped put more into Khaat's mouth, watching as she ate, and felt herself smiling slightly. She was going to be alright, she was eating, and that was the first step on the road to recovery. Eat well, and rest a lot. Chase helped her finish most of the soup before Brian came back over. Chase looked up and blushed when he said he was going to have to keep her around. She smiled at him and then looked at Khaat. "I'd love to learn.. anything you think I should learn how to do.. just.. just tell me!" She said looking up at him hopefully.

It was odd, having someone like Khaat and Brian looking at her. Khaat Lupin.. her idol, Brian Quinn, who was with Khaat, Elijah Krum... she was thrown into a family that had so many names that were famous. So many famous heroes of the past, so many famous heroes of the present, and who knew how many famous heroes of the future. Lupin, Krum, She had a feeling there were Potters in this family as well. And they were taking in a kid like her... A Moor? Chase looked at them and found herself smiling lightly as she squared her shoulders.

"Thank you..." She said suddenly, looking from Khaat, to Brian. "I want to learn... just.. just show me what I can do alright? I'll help you Khaat, and you Brian.. I'm not to smart now.. but I can help... I may be pregnant.. but I can learn! I.. I want to help so much, and this can help me... I.. I don't have any family at all, so... is it okay if I am part of yours for a while?" She asked softly, looking at Brian specifically, for she had already mostly said this to Khaat.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:52 am

Khaat and Brian both nodded to her request. That was fine with them. There was always room for more in their hearts. Always. Nothing was more important than family, and they both believed that with all they had. Family. She had nearly lost a part of her's today. Nearly most it all.

"Chase," she called, feeling her head spin a bit. She was hoping it was just fatigue and the comfort of clean clothes and bedding along with a full stomach. Just a short while ago, she didn't believe she would ever feel that again. Her eyes fluttered shut for a moment.

Brian stepped in close to Chase. "She's fine," He reassured her. "She's just weak. She's getting sleepy." He went over to Khaat. "Why don't you sleep now?" he asked her softly. Khaat shook her head slightly.

"Chase," she said, very sleepy now, "Tell Eli...tell him...I never left him. I couldn't.. I would never...He was never alone." Her eyes fluttered shut, one single tiny tear slipping to the pillow, and then her eyes opened no more. Her slip into even breathing was telltale to Brian. Her exhaustion had taken over.

"That's the best thing for her now," Brian said. "I have no idea what she meant by that. Hopefully Eli will know. Why don't you take a moment and give Kate a list of what you will need for clothes and such?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 am

Chase watched as Khaat slowly let her exhaustion take over. She was told to tell Elijah that Khaat had never left him. Chase found herself wiping her eyes as she put the empty bowl and half empty can of soda off to the side, and took the paper from Brian. "What are you going to tell the school when they figure out I'm missing? That I left early for Christmas or something?" She asked softly. "I have no family to blame a family problem on.." She said softly, her head spinning. What did Khaat mean when she said that she had never left Eli? Chase shook her head and started to write down sizes, her waistline had grown a LOT since she had become pregnant, and it was only noticeable when she wore clothes not from a particular store in Knockturn Alley, that Jen had given her the address to.

She wrote down the address if they wanted it, and then put her sizes and other stuff down on the paper. "There you go.." She said, and then her eyes found Elijah. "I.. I think it's time I went to him now.." She whispered, slowly handing the paper to Brian. "Is it okay.. if I talk to him?" She asked softly, her eyes darting to Brian, before she slowly drifted over to him, watching as he breathed, and feeling her eyes sting with repressed tears.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:14 am

"Don't worry about that. I'll take care of that," Brian smiled. "I'll take care of Hogwarts. Khaat knows your headmaster. I'll send him word on her behalf. That will be good enough." He looked at Chase's list. "Its a good list. Kate, I believe this is yours."

Khaat's mother took the list. She read it and smiled, "You are very well organized. This won't take any time at all." She looked back at Brian. "You are going to make sure they're never alone, won't you?"

"It's my top priority, Kate. I promise. With my own life, he won't touch her again." Kate kissed her sleeping daughter's forehead.

"Take very good care of her, you two," Kate smiled. She gathered her courage to leave Khaat and left the room. Brian looked at Chase.

"Go ahead. Go see Eli. It is part of what you came here for, and it's part of what Khaat wants you to do," Brian smiled at her. "Take your time."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:36 pm

A licence to kill; that was what her gig at the Ministry came with and now Jen was going to use it to her own advantage. If it was any consolation, although probably not, she knew she could get anyone who was everyone looking for Barker in a matter of minutes. As soon as Christophe opened his big gob, people in Paris would know. Rob would no doubt take another head-ache/pepper-up potion and go on an Apparation spree across the globe, no skipping out on India of course. She knew of all things then he’d probably use himself as the bait. If they got Barker, they’d have him. Of course then Jen would have to work faster to find him herself but she wanted someone else to take out the girl. “Shoot on Sight” sounded about right, right now.

Healers had decided to surround the young Slytherin. Now he was awake they were attempting to test him or whatever else they wanted to do. She wasn’t in the mood for highly-strung healers that needed to touch him in case it was just a dream. Her presence at the foot of the bed was, thank god, enough to send them away. In the eyes of many she was still the woman that went to Azkaban with her brother, both for unknown or non-disclosed reasons. It was a comfort to know that she’d not lost her intimidating nature during her stint there and the clear promotion she got from Assassin to Department Head. Who knew that the latter of which was still entwined with the former. This was a good day whichever way you sliced it, as long as you sliced the torture out of course.

She stepped away when Robert excused himself, already drawing up the wanted posters that would cover the streets in her mind. She approached Eli’s bed when the Healers dispersed and glanced at the one healer lingering, wondering whether she should stay or not. Jen’s eyes fell to their entwined fingers and she smiled slightly. Clearly she was a source of comfort to Elijah and until he got his treatment he was going to need one. Jen looked down at the boy and put her finger to the blood on his cheek. “Oh my sweet, sweet boy...” she sighed, running her fingers through the front of his hair. “We’ll get him. It won’t take Rob long once he gets fired up, I promise you that. I’ll let them spend a long time with or resident potioneer. He’s had the girls brewing lately too, out of boredom I suspect. He’s got some new things up his sleeve that are sure to make Barker wish he could shrivel up and die. You’re going to be here a while with next to no entertainment, love. I pity you, I must say.”

Elijah laughed weakly and moved his head to press a kiss to her palm. Jen smiled and brought her hand up to her lips. She licked her thumb and wiped some of the blood off of his face. Elijah squirmed and his eyebrows knitted together. Jen laughed and ruffled his hair. “Get better soon kiddo. I’ll send Rob along in a bit but he’ll want to get on with his ‘Around the World in Twenty Minutes’ spectacular.” Jen leaned down and kissed Eli on the forehead before rising up to her full height. “Look after him?” She requested, looking at the girl with auburn hair. She nodded readily and Jen smiled appreciatively. “Thank you. Listen, I’ll send Pierre with some cigarettes and some wine.” Elijah opened his mouth to protest. “No, none of this quitting business. Not now of all times. You need to relax.”

With that said Jen winked at Elijah and left his part of the room. He’d sat up slightly for her when she’d come in but he slipped right back down into the warmth of the bed when she left. Elijah released his grip on Cherie’s hand and let his head fall onto the pillow. His breathing regulated but Cherie could tell he was still awake. He was exhausted but he wanted to stay awake but for what reason she didn’t know. He was just resting. Cherie sat down on the chair beside his bed and relaxed into it. She needed to rest herself or get some coffee. She was beginning to feel her fatigue now and needed to wake up a bit.

“...Cherie?” Elijah’s voice made the auburn haired witch look up and she blinked, meeting the onyx eyes of her friend. “Do you think you could catch Jen? I heard word of food...I don’t want anything.”

Cherie rose out of her chair just as Jen swept back in holding a bag full of food that smelled pretty damn good to Cherie. It wasn’t French by any means. It actually smelt vaguely Chinese. Jen put the bag on the wheelie table and looked at Eli. “I’ve got Chinese,” she explained, “As well as...” she was cut off by the entrance of a dirty-blonde Frenchman grinning from ear to ear.

“Parisian cigarettes and the best goddamn wine you will ever taste. We’ve also got Berty Bott’s and White chocolate. You’re set kid. Rob’ll be here after he gets beaten up by the Indians. He’ll probably be here for medical attention. Now...what’re we having first? Chinese, chocolate, manky beans or shall we get sloshed?”

Jen wrinkled her nose. “Bypass the beans the chocolate and the booze for the moment. Light me a cigarette and Elijah, get this down you. You need to eat up kid. Hold on...where are your shoes?” She frowned and looked at Elijah’s feet. They were oddly clean considering the rest of him. Bizarre.

“Barker stole them,” Elijah spoke about it as if it was the weather. He took the offered pot of Chinese from Jen and inhaled the smell. He looked regretful for a moment and frowned. “They were my favourite shoes too.” He put the pot down on his lap and opened it up with shaking fingers. He picked it up again, his fingers settling down when he curled them around the pot and looked around for some chopsticks. He felt a stab of pain run through his wrist and he let go of the pot as if it had burned him. Jen’s hand lashed out and she grabbed the pot before it hit the bed. Elijah flushed red and she put it on the wheelie table. “Sorry...” He murmured, dropping his arms down.

“Don’t worry about it Eli,” Pierre spoke for Jen. “That’s ankles and wrists isn’t it?” Elijah nodded. Pierre hummed thoughtfully. “Good news though, Camille and Cassidy are on their way. Fauve and Thierry are with them so you’re not going to be alone with their sister or Jenny-Benny long.” Jen scowled at Pierre and he smiled sweetly at her. “Don’t you have work to do, chickadee?”

“Fine.” She huffed, rising up out of her seat. “You’ve got some stuff at yours I take it?” ‘stuff’ was vague but Pierre nodded none the less. “Good. If I accidently kill Barker then who’s calling dibs on his head?” she joked. Pierre frowned and Elijah laughed, ignoring the pain he had to suffer for it. Jen grinned and threw a goodbye over her shoulder as she walked out, hopefully to go and get Rob.

Pierre had lit Jen a cigarette and she’d left before she had time to take it so he popped it between his own lips. Elijah smiled a little and relaxed against the pillows. Pierre threw the white chocolate at Cherie and pointed at Elijah. She pursed her lips before snapping some of the squares. She ripped the top of the chocolate off and broke some more squares. She tapped one against Elijah’s bottom lip and he opened his eyes. He took the chocolate into his mouth, purposely making sure he nipped her finger with his teeth, and smiled at Cherie. A little squeal left her mouth and Pierre chuckled, taking his cigarettes from his mouth and blowing it up towards the fan that was whirling on the ceiling.

“Where’s Rob?” Elijah asked wearily, sucking on the chocolate, not quite believing he could bite it.

Pierre shrugged. “Looking through his stocks probably. Jen appeared back at the house and dragged me out with her to get your stuff. She didn’t forget to tell Rob to check what he had in inventory though. Apparently something’s missing. Bloody typical, eh?” Pierre took another drag. “Of course...then there are the two most irresponsible parents on this planet that dumped us with their kids. You’ll like Nathalia. That blonde twat decided it would be a good idea to steal your middle name. Is there an ashtray around here, Cherie?”

“This is Britain, Pierre.” Cherie reminded the man lightly.

“Touché, belle.” Pierre nodded. He put the cigarette between his lips and reached into the bag. He picked the pot with prawn crackers and dumped them out onto the napkins. He took the cigarette from his mouth and flicked the ash into the pot. “I shouldn’t be smoking in here, should I?” He asked.

“No.” Elijah replied, eyeing the packet on the table. “Does Jen not know the meaning of quit?” He asked, opening his mouth which Cherie filled with chocolate. He grinned at her and closed his mouth, sucking on the squares once more.

“No.” Pierre said with the shrug.”But that’s what makes her interesting. She doesn’t give up her vices. You shouldn’t either but you should probably cut down on the sex a bit.” Pierre grinned. Elijah flushed and Cherie shifted uncomfortably. “I’m jealous, I must say. Well done. It shows iron bollocks or just...you’re a randy git aren’t you?” He laughed.

“Are you sure you’re French?” Cherie accused. “You sound like you’re from East London!”

“Wee, wee, belle!” Pierre mocked. “I’ve spent the week with Rob. In particular, Rob stoned and wasted. Rob does not do babies well. He gave Katriane to me and entrusted your two, Eli, with Jean-Paul. Jen was wherever she was and he was sat their taking headache potions and god only knows what else. Fauve and Thierry are probably here by now. I don’t think you’ll see them ‘til you’ve got a room, though. I’m not meant to be here but I’m entrusted with the task of either feeding you or getting you drunk.” Pierre stubbed his cigarette out in the box and picked up a prawn cracker. He bit into it and sat back in his chair.

“Can I pick neither?” Elijah asked. “I just want to sleep right now to be honest. The chocolate is...nice but it’s not what I need right now. A little bit of healing wouldn’t do any hurt. Cherie, you’re a healer aren’t you? You fix me.”

“Ah but Elijah...she’s not a very good healer,” Pierre chuckled, glancing at Cherie. “You’d be safer on a butcher’s chopping block.”

“So back to where I was before?” Elijah deadpanned. Cherie flinched from beside him and put the chocolate down. “Alright,” Elijah said decisively, pushing himself up into a more seated position. His back didn’t hurt nearly as much as it should have. “I’ll eat.”

“Hungry?” Pierre asked, kicking the table down. Elijah stopped it before it hit him in the chest and gingerly picked up the chopsticks, bracing his forearms on the table. Eli nodded begrudgingly and pulled the chopsticks apart. He scraped them against each other as Cherie opened up his pot again and he put the chopsticks into the Chinese. He was famished and he hadn’t really realised. Sleep was overrated anyway. Elijah blamed the nicotine circulating for the sudden burst of energy. Elijah shovelled as much of the Chinese into his mouth before his wrist began to hurt. Pierre watched, smirking. “So you lied to me huh? What happened to ‘Ohhh...can’t I pick neither?’ How rude it is to lie! You should be ashamed!” Elijah smiled and threw his chopsticks down, swallowing and leaning back against the pillows. “Full?” Elijah shook his head. “Cherie, feed the boy.”

“No.” Cherie said indignantly. “What happened to you? Did you get a personality transplant? I remember the sheepish Pierre.”

“I got divorced, honey.” Pierre grinned. “It feels great too. C’mon kiddo, we’ve got to catch up. Elijah there’s a pretty little redhead outside too. That’ll be nice for you, eh? See if you can pull while you look like that.” Pete teased. Elijah scowled. “Let’s go, lover. I’m starved.” He held his arm out for Cherie and she took it hesitantly as Robert walked in. She went to take it away but Pierre grabbed her hand and laced his fingers with hers, tugging her to his side. “Evening, Robert.” He smiled.

Elijah watched Pierre dart out with Cherie and he shook his head, paying the Frenchman’s words no mind as such. He looked at Robert and smiled weakly. He closed his eyes and lifted his leg. His ankles weren’t nearly as bad as wrists were so he still managed to kick the table down towards the bottom of the bed without hurting himself too much.”I call the head...” He sighed sleepily, his hair falling in front of his closed eyes. “I’ll put it on a nice big plaque too ... or pin it to a dart board...yeah... darts.”

Lady Unconsciousness held her hand out to Elijah again and he took it willingly. He was pulled to her, into her arms, and they exchanged smiles as the hospital scene disappeared and he was allowed rest once more in the darkness that she let him have. There were no chain-smoking Frenchman in unconsciousness, neither were there murderous shoe thieves. He was safe there, with Unconsciousness and her pretty hair. Ringlets or something like that...
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum