Resurrection - Page 9
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Resurrection - Page 9 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Resurrection

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Resurrection - Page 9 Empty Re: Resurrection

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:06 pm

"Marina Krum is nothing but an old obnoxious, self centered battleaxe," Khaat sighed, her maternal feelings for Eli betraying themselves. She rarely talked ill about people, but she was making an exception for Eli's biological producer. "And poor Viktor, he used to have more self esteem and self determination when he was a student. I remember him then. But he's become completely henpecked by Marina's egotism since then. It certainly would be nice if he could find a spark of that again. He used to have it within him to intimidate and shut up almost anyone, but for some reason, he's become a shadow of what he once was. If I know my father, he'd rather deal with Viktor and ignore Marina altogether.

"What does snow become? I think it becomes life. It becomes a resurrection of what we all know and love. We go from feeling like we are wrapped in death and darkness and hopelessness, and when the snow melts away, light and life and hope all return. I think snow melts away and becomes life."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:21 pm

NO!? Viktor didn’t know what to say really. He couldn’t diffuse the situation now. No one absolutely no one said no to Marina. Not if they wanted to keep their head or their modesty or whatever they held near and dear. Viktor moved his head and threw Marina’s nails away. He felt her drag her hand across his back, no doubt wiping some blood off of her fingers. Viktor subtly ran a hand through his hair and touched the nail wounds she’d left behind. He wiped the blood away and looked at Marina. She seemed calm. That was a change.

Marina sighed despairingly, prompting Viktor to wonder whether he should be concerned. He bit his lip and rubbed his neck once more before dropping it down to his side. He looked over his shoulder and found that Camille had sat down with the children who were still inspecting their gifts. He turned back and folded his arms across his chest. Viktor bit the inside of his cheek and waited for Marina to say her bit. She didn’t disappoint him for once though.

“Make it quick then.”

Alright, so she did disappoint him somewhat but it could have been much worse.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:41 pm

"Thank you," he said to them both. "This way, then." He led the way upstairs, passing Hannah in the hallway. He suspected that, although she was trying to look very diligent, her devotion to him made her linger somewhat closeby. "Tea, Hannah, please--in my office. Thank you," he said quietly. He watched her scurry away towards the administrative offices.

By the time they had gotten upstairs, Hannah was delivering a formal tea tray with a pot of Earl Grey. Formal teas for formal occasions. Besides, the Krums--at least Marina--would never really know how to appreciate the simple pleasure of holding a handthrown stoneware mug, a mug made with love, and sipping a simple, casual spiced tea. It was something beyond them. Materialism, in Robert's way of thinking, was a terrible substitute for what really mattered, and it never measured up. If it had, those who relied on it would not be so addicted to getting more and more. They'd have found satisfaction in it. And no one ever did. He felt pity for the Krums, really, but he did not dare show it.

Once they entered, he closed the door. "Have a seat," he invited. "Tea? I'm sure the portkeying was a bit chilly." He poured three cups of tea into delicate bone china cups and set a cup in front of each of them. "Now--as to your son. It seems he has found himself one of the targets of a very evil man who enjoys kidnapping wizards and torturing them--to death." His words were quiet and very serious. He wanted the parents to understand the seriousness of this. "There were multiple advantages for Eli to be targetted, not the least of which is his fame and his fortune. The man who took him nearly killed your boy. We got him back before that happened. And Eli will be fine. However, the demented sadist who took him is still at large, and is known to have taken the same victim more than once. The second time, well, people typically just don't survive. I don't want that to happen to Eli. Much as it might be hard for you to believe, I do care what happens to him, and beyond my obligation to protect him.

"Furthermore, he is a material witness to this criminals crimes and as such, it endangers him even more. It makes him one of the most important people for this murderer to silence just as quickly as he can manage it. By international law, even if I did not love your son, I would not have a choice. I would have to put him in protective custody in order to be able to protect Eli, put a stop to this rash of crimes, and protect my country.

"I do fully understand what an imposition this is for Eli and for both of you, and I apologize for that. However, I would rather incommode him for awhile and see him live to a ripe old age to raise his children--your grandchildren. Even if that makes you both and Eli massively unhappy temporarily. I really do have no choice."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Viktor didn’t like hospitals. He’d been in enough of them but he still didn’t feel at ease in them. He decided to remain standing just to irk Marina. She didn’t like people standing over her; it made her feel as if she didn’t have a handle on the situation. At this point, she didn’t. Viktor was ready to wrestle it from her. He wanted to hear about their son even if she didn’t. The silly cow just wanted her nails done so she could go shopping and be papped without looking like the backend of a Hippogriff. Well, there was nothing her nails could do to help that in his opinion. If she deluded herself enough and covered herself in enough slap then she’d be happy. As long as she was happy she’d leave him alone.

The criminal liked torture? Viktor swallowed, not entirely sure what that meant if it was his son involved. Elijah had nearly died. He...he was resilient though. He was still alive and if he was making demands then he had to be in his right mind to a degree. Well, not if he was asking for them. Perhaps not. But the man was still at large, whoever he was. This wasn’t exactly disheartening for Marina who, in her own mind, believed she could afford to lose their heir. Viktor wasn’t going to fritter Elijah away as easily though. He wasn’t going to let Georgio inherit everything. He’d have rather let Henry Harrow have the Krum fortune.

“He is in a stable condition though is he not?” Viktor asked, glancing down at Marina who was leisurely filing her nails. He took the file out of her hands and rubbed his fingers together, making it turn to dust with a little help of magic. He sprinkled it over her head and she let out a little squeal of indignation. “I do not want him to have such a title until he testifies against this...this man, sir.” Viktor said calmly. “It is what he is at present but it is...this is a delicate situation. I would like it very much if we could reach some sort of compromise. I believe it would be foolish to take him back to Sofia. It is, however, within my power to give you additional aid for his protection. I think it will benefit us all if he remains in a place where he is reachable. Will you need additional aid for the protection of your daughter or of anyone else here? Money is no object at present.”

He may have been a distant father when Elijah was growing up but Viktor had strong family values. He cared about his children. He mightn’t have shown it often but he still loved them dearly. He’d have Eli protected without hesitating but extending his resources to Robert was a gesture Viktor hoped the man would appreciate. It certainly didn’t make a difference. It would probably help everyone as a whole with the presence of some pretty damn big bodyguards so to speak. They were large, scarily so. He was nearly sure they had giant blood in them. They made Marina look like a bug and he a house cat.

Viktor smiled slightly and thought of the children that he and Camille had chased up the stairs of the hospital. They needed their father. “I am sure he can deal with an uncomfortable situation as long as he is comfortable. I doubt it would be much of a hindrance to him especially after a torture session with this man. He should learn that sometimes he cannot pick and chose. But he is young. Sometimes it cannot be helped. Naivety is youth.” That sentence made Viktor feel old. “He will learn not to be so rash I am sure. Do you think we could-”

“As fun as this is,” Marina cut in, making her husband sigh, “Could we get a move on? I am late.”

“-go and see him...” Viktor said quietly to himself, crossing his arms over his chest in frustration.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:57 pm

"I am glad to see your wisdom, Mr. Krum," Robert said, smiling slightly. "I see where Eli gets it. And I'm sure you realize Eli will need a firm hand at the moment in order to keep him safe. You are right. A part of our sticking point here is being caused by his youthful impetuousness and perhaps a bit of a sense of entitlement. I am quite confident is is merely youth. It certainly does not appear to be genetic," he said, deliberately avoiding a glance at Marina. He did need to be able to keep a straight face, but he knew the reference would not be lost on Viktor if Viktor was as much a victim as Robert was seeing he was. The man needed a companion and a pint to be honest. In another day and time, the two of them might well have been at the Leaky over a brew, talking about their children and grandchildren and laughing.

"And yes, he is stable now, but you understand that is less than 24 hours old. He needs rest, much as he doesn't want to do that. My intention, right now, is to hide him at a safehouse in the company of some of his companions here. I appreciate your kindness, and if I might, I'd like to keep that in reserve for if I need it. You do know that my daughter was with Eli during the entire time he was, well, away, don't you? She is in the same danger as he is, I would like to hide them both together to increase my guards for them, reduce traffic to the safehouse, and increase their odds to not be found. As a father yourself, I am sure you can appreciate that I don't spare much when it comes to my daughter and grandchildren. And I would never do less for Elijah. He has become part of our family in many ways. I don't treat him less than I do my very own. I will make sure he is as comfortable as I can make him.

"And I would offer you to be able to visit him liberally, as much as you like with him. I feel certain we could work that out." Then he looked at Marina. "You're welcome to visit as well, if it fits into your schedule, of course." He had no warm feelings for her when her bloody nails were more important than her child. He was still managing to be diplomatic, of a sort, but she was bordering on becoming bait for his sarcasm. And he didn't want to do that. "If you both have no further questions, shall we return back downstairs and you can perhaps visit a bit with Eli?"

Robert rose and led the way back downstairs to Eli's room. He took the enchantment of the door and went in, with the Krums following him. This might be the most interesting part of the whole day.

"Your parents, Eli," Robert said, "And before tea time as promised. I always do what I say I'll do, Lad. Always."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Chase looked back at Khaat for a moment, and then smiled. "Life.. spring...I guess those two go together.." She said with a grin. "Most people respond with water, and to be honest.. it's been a long time since anyone has ever responded with anything but water.." She said shaking her head. Suddenly she heard voices out in the hall again, and she went to the door sneakily, opening it a crack again, she peered out and saw them all head into Elijah's room. "Looks like they decided to visit Elijah." She said biting her lower lip. "Do you think he'll be okay? Near his parents again.. I mean, it's been a long time hasn't it? Since he's had to even look at them.." She said and shook her head sadly.

Shutting the door quietly, Chase moved back to Khaat's bedside and picked up a magazine that had been laid next to her bed. "How are you feeling Khaat? Is there anything I can get you? Need more pain spells? Or... water.. or something? More coffee?" She suddenly looked at Khaat and grinned. "Before I forget!" She said with a smile. "What do you want for Christmas? I'm going to be ordering stuff sometime soon, and I thought I might pick your brain for Christmas presents, or something for Brian, Angus, and the girls." She said smiling as she sat the unread magazine back down again.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:25 pm

"Well, that's because they're not looking beyond the surface. The water is the start of life. Its the source and the essence of everything. When we don't look beyond the surface, we miss the best parts of life. That's the sad part to the Krums. As wonderful as Eli somehow turned out to be in spite of his parents, they've spent their lives living on the surface. Just existing. I think that's perhaps why Eli has such a desperate hunger for more.

"Will he be okay? Well, I certainly would think so. My father would never, ever leave him alone with his parents, no matter what Eli wanted. Never. I can't see Daddy trusting Marina any farther than he could spit her. Well, let me clarify that. I don't think she would actively seek to hurt him. I just don't believe she gives a rat's ass about him. Daddy wants to protect him from that sort of heartbreak if he can help it right now. He thinks, as I do, that Eli's had enough nonsense for one week.

"You know what? My coffee has gone cold. Completely. And cold french roast is very bitter. Would you mind either sending for a fresh cup of hot french roast or getting it from the healer's lounge, please? I hate asking for someone to do it for me, but I don't think I'll go sprinting up after it, either. And in the meantime, I'll give some very serious thought to that list. You have no idea how much it means to me to just be out, to be here. To be with all of my family..." she looked at Chase deliberately." ALL of them. Right now, that's just so much in itself. I can't think of anything more that. Its..everything. Everything. There just isn't anything else."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Chase nodded thoughtfully. Yes... Robert wouldn't leave him with his family alone. Chase didn't know everything that went on in that family, but she had heard enough to guess at most of it. Chase bit her lower lip and then jumped to her feet when Khaat asked for a cup of coffee. "I can get it for you!" She said with a smile, grabbing the cup of cold coffee from next to her bed and going to the door. "I"ll be right back." She said softly, and shut the door behind her. Once out in the hall, Chase glanced around, and then went to Elijah's door. She rested her ear against it for a moment, before sighing. She couldn't hear anything anyway. So she walked down the hallway.

Once in the healers lounge, she rinsed out Kkhaat's cup, and got her fresh coffee. After asking a nearby nurse what Khaat liked in her coffee, she made it up and then walked down the hallway, making it back into the hallway that Khaat's room was in, before heading back into her hospital room. "Here you go Khaat." She said setting it on the bedside table, the handle facing Khaat. "I had to ask a healer in there what kind you like, but she told me and I got it for you." She said with a grin, before glancing at the door. "I couldn't hear anything from Elijah's room. so I don't think they are yelling at least.." She said lamely, her eyes downcast.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Khaat smiled, "Thank you. The coffee smells divine, and it looks perfect. You think of everything. And don't worry that you dont' hear voices. It's a maternal hazard I think--well, that and a hazard from spending countless hours in this place--but if there were yelling, I would hear it. Believe me. I just would.

"You asked about gifts. Um. Let me think. My father. He's easy to please, but it may be hard to wrap your mind around some of the things he likes the best. His tastes are very simple. He has a pathetic looking cardigan, and I've been after him to ditch it, but he wont. There is a wonderful mens' shop in Savile Row where I have an account to buy things for Daddy. They have his sizes. You can charge whatever you like there for him. But they know about a beautiful cream colored cardigan that has a fisherman's cable pattern with wood toggle buttons that my mother and I have been drooling over for him. He likes to read in the evenings, and things get a bit chilly in the winter in the farmhouse. It isn't a new house.

"My mother. Um..There is an art gallery that she really loves in downtown London. Angus can take you there. I saw a gorgeous handblown glass vase that she has been looking at. Its not expensive but she just won't breakdown and buy it. It is a wonderful deep blue glass, and she loves it.

"Brian--that's easy. He wants a new Stetson. There is a shop is San Antonio that Brian buys all his leather wear from. The hats arent' expensive because the owner so heavily discounts stuff for us because of how much Brian buys there. Angus can hook you up there too. Or, I'm trying to buy him a lot more clothes. I have such a massive closet, and he has so little. he just doesn't buy it. And, you should see him in a tux," she said, beaming. "He's..very handsome.

"My girls. Oh, what can I say? Check Emmy Lestrange's toyshop. She'll give you some wonderful ideas for toys for babies. I saw that they had enchanted stuffed kitties that sing. The girls would be fascinated, and it would surely help lull them to sleep at night. But Emmy might have some other ideas you could check out.

"Angus. He's so humble that he's a peach to buy for. Believe it or not, he needs a new wand. I know Thaor does not have a good reputation, but he's a supreme wandmaker. And you know that Ollivanders always does good work.

"Me. That's probably where I draw a blank, really. Brian keeps saying I need warm winter sweaters and nightgowns. He is insisting I buy a few flannel nightgowns. He bought me one to wear here. He is immensely practical, but really, he's probably right. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what size I wear now. I...have no clue. But somehow, Brian always gets that right just by looking. he can tell you the right size I'm sure. I know most of what I own is too big right now.

"Does that help? Ok. Turn about fair play. What do you want, Chase Moor? What do you really want to find under the tree with your name on it?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:24 pm

A little bit rooting around in the plastic bag beside the bedside table enabled Elijah to find a tennis ball. Said tennis ball he was currently throwing up at the ceiling, satisfied with the bumping noise it made when it hit the top. The hand to ball thing got boring fast so Elijah decided to break the rules and partly transform so he was batting the ball around with his tail. His arms were folded behind his head and the coffee was long cold but there was a packet of opened white chocolate. Whoever had gotten him the items was probably hoping for him to be sleepy because it was the good stuff and Elijah was only sucking on a square at a time, savouring it. Boredom was easily cured with a tennis ball and chocolate it seemed. Elijah didn’t mind but he could have used some wine. It may have been too early for that though.

The door opened a while later and Elijah retracted the tail. He reached forward and caught the ball, easing himself up into a sitting position. The chocolate fell into his lap and he narrowed his eyes slightly. He looked curiously at the people that were supposed to be his parents and he smirked. They’d changed. They’d gotten old. Viktor was in awe of his son. He could remember the skittish thirteen-year-old that was terrified of loud noises and students from Durmstrang. This was confidence and arrogance – the epitome of. He’d grown up. He’d grown into his looks and he even managed to look older than he should have been. He seemed to be growing some facial hair too. It didn’t appear to be the new kind either. It had been there a few days meaning he’d not been hindered by it. In fact, he was probably used to it. Merlin, had he really missed this much of his son’s life? He had and it made Viktor feel horribly guilty.

Marina stepped forward to look at her son where as Viktor held back, not quite in the room but not out either. Elijah looked at his mother as well, his eyebrows knitting together in concentration. Viktor leaned against the doorframe and watched as mother and son looked at each other, not exactly sure of what was to come.

“You look old,” Elijah said decisively.

Marina, enraged, ejected her talons and smacked Elijah across the face, leaving imprints of her nails. The sound met Viktor’s ears and he winced, instinctively stepping forward. His eyes darted to the cheek that Marina had sliced and watched as droplets of blood began to fall from the lacerations she’d made. Elijah’s hand went to his cheek and he moved away from her, as far as the bed width would allow.

“What did you do that for you stupid bloody cow?!” Elijah exclaimed, one leg leaving the bed. His foot was poised on the floor just in case she took a swipe at him again. Viktor’s eyes fell to the bandages around his ankles and he knew instantly that the boy wouldn’t be able to keep himself up that long, let alone move as fast as he’d need to.

“You insolent little brat!”

Marina did exactly as Viktor had thought and she curled her hand back around, probably hoping to get him in the eye. Elijah sprung out of the bed and pinned himself against the wall, gripping the windowsill as tightly as possible. His chest was rising and falling as if adrenaline was pumping through him. Panic was lighting up his eyes. This was enough incentive for him to do something. As she moved around the bed, he stepped into the room and gripped her wrist in his hand.

Viktor pulled Marina away and released her, letting her stagger back. She caught the doorframe in her hand and her eyes narrowed as she steadied herself. She stepped forward to no doubt give him what for but he held his hand out, pointing his finger at her. “Enough, Marina,” He commanded of her. She fell sort somewhat, a dumbstruck look on her face. “Act your age.” He heard Elijah snicker and Marina’s eyes turned murderous. She stepped forward and this time Viktor took her shoulders. He got her in a grasp that would bruise her shoulders later and forced her as far away from their son as possible.

“Is it impossible for you to behave?” He hissed, forcing her out into the corridor. “Or have you got ADHD like your nephews? You’re definitely not hyperactive but you have got the inability to be able to listen!”

“Viktor...you’re making a scene!” Marina exclaimed, laughing awkwardly and looking about herself. “We wouldn’t-”

“WHAT? WE WOULD NOT WANT WHAT, MARINA!? For the reporters to hear? LET THEM HEAR! LET THE WHOLE WORLD HEAR!”

VIKTOR!!” She wailed, her hands reaching out to grip his coat. “Stop it!”

He thrust Marina away from him and she stumbled back, her hair coming out of her fishtail plait. “How does it feel?” he spat dangerously. “How does it feel to have everything around you fall apart? I tell you what, it feels great for me.”

“Viktor...” She pleaded with him, rare emotion coming into her voice prompting her no longer cowering son to peer around the doorframe. “Please...” she whispered. “D-don’t do this. You’ll regret it!”

“Will I?” he asked, smiling cruelly. “I do not think so somehow. Pack your bags Marina and find a place to stay. I do not think anyone in their right mind is going to let you into their house. You had better beg Anka and Anton to let you in.”

“They’re my parents, Viktor.” She sniffed. “They love me.”

“Really?” He scoffed, planting a seed of doubt in her mind. “I do not think so somehow, sweetheart.”

“Viktor...” She whined.

He cut her off, “I am really beginning to get sick of hearing my own name; especially from your mouth. Bye-Bye, Rina.” He waved to her mockingly and pointed towards the stairs.

Roughly, Marina pulled her coat around her. Viktor watched as her mascara began to run and he stopped himself from reaching out to wipe it away. It was an act. It was an act. Well, he hoped it was. Marina looked at him pleadingly and he met her gaze hesitantly.

“We were good together.” She whispered pleadingly.

“No, Rina. I was good for your purse.” He replied simply.

“B-but...we have got our children... Eli and Ceci...they...they need me ... I am their mother.”

“The same mother who would have been content to claw her own son’s eyes out? You make me sick. I know somewhere the real you curled up and died because this is most definitely a representation of her. The vulnerable Rina that I loved. The Marina Harrow I wanted to protect. What is this...this monster, hmm?” He looked at her curiously. “What caused this ruin in you?”

“You know what, Viktor.” She whispered harshly. Elijah frowned. She sounded exasperated as if she’d tried to tell him why so many times before.

“I don not believe you.” He said simply.

“I want custody of them.” She said quickly.

“Who?”

“Elijah and Cecilia, that’s who.”

“Over my dead body.” Viktor laughed cruelly.

“We will have to see about that then.” Marina smirked, wiping her eyes.

“It is me and you, Marina. Bulgarian courts. Who do you think will win?”

Elijah didn’t want to be in the custody of either of them at present and he looked at Robert. He whistled quietly and hissed at him. “Will you go out there and mention that I’m in Khaat’s custody before I find myself getting limbs clawed off for misbehaving, please?”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum