Out of the Fire - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Out of the Fire - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Out of the Fire

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Out of the Fire - Page 7 Empty Re: Out of the Fire

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:37 am

"I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to," he said. "Except--one thing. If you continue to defeat yourself. Your own anxiety and fear of not getting the results you want might be the single largest factor for why you either succeed or don't. I don't see any other reason. That's not your biggest fear, you know. Your biggest fear is that you will decide to do this and make a repeat of what just happened. And you don't want to be hurt again.

"Thats normal to an extent, but don't let your fear stop you from living. If you always run from what you're afraid of, you'll never do much of anything you want in your life. What's your big hurry? You've only been married for, what? 4 months? Maybe 5? Is there some reason you're rushing? Is your biological clock ticking overly loudly or something? It shouldn't be, not at your age. I see no reason to be trying to put such a priority on it right now. You didn't know Steven that long before you got married, you just got back from Jeffrey--and that took a month of the time you were married. Seems to me you need to relax and get used to married life and get to know the man you will still be living with when your children--whether you have one or a hundred--are grown and on their own. You'd best shore that up first before you go adding more people in your house. But that's just my thoughts on it."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Ronata smiled and nodded "yeah I know Jeffery said this would hapen and for me not to worry he sai that i should just let it come when time decided " she said and smiled "I all for waiting I am like you said alittle scared it will happen again but at the same time i want to get things off the ground here I just got back like you said" she said and smiled "thank you " she ;picked up some coffee and move dout of the kitchen "Khaat you father is the best " she said and sat facing her now feeling alot better in her self.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Angus had not been in favor of even considering leaving Tuscany. Not until he'd heard of Khaat's kidnapping and that the criminals were still at large. That changed everything. He'd left the boat in the care of his brothers and his father and had sent his belongings ahead to Brian's barn for the time being. He'd received an owl last night from Brian that his things had arrived successfully.

Angus now used the portkey Brian sent him and made the trip to Brian's, with his illtempered horned owl, Luigi, on his shoulder. The bird had seemed to not like travelling by portkey and had lost a few feathers on the way. Angus spit out a feather and picked a few more off his black leather duster coat. It certainly was colder in England than in Tuscany, he decided. Brian had warned him, but he wasn't used to it anymore. He adjusted the oversized leather messenger bag on his shoulder and walked across the yard. He'd missed apparating into the house by at least 30 feet. Damn, he thought, he's got a bloody big house. Who knew log houses came castle sized?

He set the leather hat back a bit on his head because it too had fallen out of place while portkeying and had come to rest over his eyes. He shoved it back, strode the distance across the grass and simply opened the front door and went in, unannounced.

He looked around at the odd mix of posh southwest decor and whistled. "Damn, Quinn! This is some place you've got here. And exactly how many times would the Paris headquarters fit inside this place?"

"About twice. Maybe two and a half," came a voice. He looked to see Robert following Ronata into the room. "So how'd he lure you out of Tuscany?"

"It wasn't easy," Angus said as his owl nipped his earlobe. "Ow! Bloody bird!"

"He's got an attitude, it seems," Robert said.

"Luigi always has an attitude," he sighed, finding his earlobe was bleeding now rather badly. Well, that was one place that always bleed freely if it was nicked.

Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Ronata looked at the man who had entered the house then at Robert and smiled "here let me heal that for you" she said and walked over she didn't have to touch him but she soon stopped it "good to see you again" she said smiling and looking to the owl "hes magnificent " she said nodding to the bird and backing away to stand with robert and Steven who seem to glare at him . Ronata shook her head and sighed taking Stevens hand and wraping it around her waist.

Jess smiled "Hi angus " she said and shook his hand jack did the same and moved to let him past "good to sdee you again".
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:18 pm

"Ronata," he smiled. "You look great. Good to see you...." He was cut off by something walloping him in the kneecap. He looked to see a baby girl who had apparently hurled her ring of plastic keys into his knee. "He raised his eyebrows a bit. "Is that Abbey?" he asked.

"It is," Khaat said. "Sorry, Angus."

"Not a problem," he laughed. "She's gorgeous. Okay, Luigi, go catch a mouse or something. And leave the bloody cats alone." He opened the front door and tried to brush the bird off his shoulder, but Luigi clearly didnt' want to go. He screeched in loud angry protest at Angus.

"Don't you have any control over that bird whatsoever?" Khaat frowned.

"Not a single ounce, except to get him to fetch and deliver things. Nobody else can do much with him either. That's how I got him. Nobody wanted him. We got stuck with each other."

"Steven," Khaat asked. "Any chance you can talk Luigi into at least going outside?"

"Be careful, Steven," Robert said. "Persnickety owls are not generally rehabilitatable and they stay immensely stubborn. Kate hasn't found one book yet that tells how to change the attitude of an owl that is chronically grouchy. You'll be doing an exceptional job just to avoid being bitten."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:14 pm

steven sighed and walked over to the owl "come on " he waited and it didn't move "ow come on don't act this way you don't like me and i don't like you now come on there are mice out side you can catch " he said and felt the birld jump to his arm his talens cutting into his arm as he walked out side with him and placing him on a small branch close to the hjouse as he rubbed his arm finsing slall puncture marks "thats " he said and walked back to the house.

Ronata followed him out stopping as he walked to a branch and turned back "ok let me see " she said as he pulled up his shirt sleeve , she sighed and loked at the owl "he realy dosn't like you" touching his arn she heald it and smiled as she kissed him gently " Love you steven " she said softly and saw the smile on his face as he kissed her back befpore slipping his arm around her and walking into the house again.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:30 pm

"Thanks," Angus said, smiling slightly. He knew what it was like to have Luigi's claws dig in. He was convinced that Luigi didn't really mean to do that, but he also felt the bird didn't go out of his way to avoid it either. "So, let me see your little princesses," he said, picking up Abbey.

"Dada!" Abbey chatttered at him.

"Oh no you don't, Pee Wee," he frowned. "You're not saddling me with that. Uncle Angus. Uncle. Not Dada." Khaat and Brian laughed. "She's beautiful. And this other one is...who?"

"Dakota," Brian said, "Our granddaughter."

"Oh, really?" Angus looked at him. "I can call you Grandpa now, then."

"You'd better not," Brian warned. Brian flicked his wand, sending Angus's wand upstairs to one of the guest bedrooms.

"I thought i was living in the garage or something," Angus frowned.

"We don't have a garage. Barn, yes. Garage, no. I thought I'd let you look over the guesthouse and see if you like it, but for now, you can stay in one of the guest rooms. Oh, I'd better catch everyone up. Sorry, All. I sent for Angus. I've hired him to work for me, to help take care of the estate. We've got a lot of land and livestock and buildings. There's more than enough for me to do here. And besides, it won't hurt to have an extra hand around the place with Barker and Burke and Gelding all ticked off at us."

"Thank you for coming, Angus," Khaat said, appreciatively.

"Anytime, Khaat," he said. "Do I smell...food?" He wasn't trying to be rude, but he was hungry. And whatever was cooking smelled wonderful.

"Kitchen is that way," Brian pointed. "There's coffee on. Help yourself. Lunch should be ready in a bit, and Ronata's a good cook. So don't spoil your appetite."

"Yes, Mom," he said, making his way to the kitchen for coffee, taking Abbey with him. He looked at the child that had a grip on his shoulder. "Come on, Shorty. You drink coffee yet?"

Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Ronata suddenly rembered her casarol and dove to the kitchen and checked it lifting it out and brathing out as she found it cooking nicly "no she dosn't drink coffee but this should do the trick "she made a bottle of fruit jouce appear and handed it to Abby then pored acup for him.

" here fresh brewed to day " she said and smiled before starting the vegtables for the rest of the meal that would be served once cooked , moving to the fridge she checked her mooses smiling to se they were set taking them out she placed whipped cream on and a fresh strawberry as afinishing touch.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:11 pm

"Thanks," Angus smiled, watching Abbey take her bottle eagerly. He took his coffee cup from Ronata. "That looks really good. I didn't think I was hungry but the biscotti and coffee i had earlier has apparently worn off. "Oh, that reminds me, darn it, I brought a large package of fish that was just caught and cleaned about an hour ago. I caught it off the boat this morning, and I thought perhaps you lot would appreciate some fish that is about as fresh as it can get. Its in my bag. Guess I'd better rescue it before the cats find it. Accio!" He flicked his wand and sent for the fish from out of his bag.

A large package, wrapped in white butcher paper and tied with string floated down to the kitchen from the bedroom where Brian had sent Angus's bag. "I like that particular fish. It has a really hearty texture, and it grills really well," he said. He sent the package to the fridge.

"So--tell me. I haven't had a chance to ask Brian. How is Khaat doing after being with Barker? I don't want to say the wrong thing around her. Is there any subject I need to stay away from right now?"

"Mama!" Abbey tried to get Angus's attention by patting his cheek.

"Ok, you just learned those words, didn't you?" he frowned at her. "I am quite sure you don't think I"m your mom. I don't look even remotely like her."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm

Ronata smiled as she sw the fish appear "yes it makes an aspecialy good fish palenta and shes fine now, for a while it was hard but shes over the worst of it " she said and laughed lightly as Abby called him mama "yes she and dakota both i think its a pit of wills with those two one spoke then they other tries to out do , I do hope they don't carry it on " she said and closed hte oven.

she moved and picked up her cup of juice hoping he would not ask her how she ahd been since the last time she ahd seen him was on the boat when her and steven had been forced to share a room . "ow I have to say that you for making me and steven sleep in the same room " she said smiling as she sat at the table.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top