Out of the Fire - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Out of the Fire - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Out of the Fire

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Out of the Fire - Page 8 Empty Re: Out of the Fire

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Angus laughed heartily. "Thank me for having a rather small boat," he smiled. "Unless we wanted to sleep girls in one cabin and boys in the other, there wasn't a lot of choice. I see you're still with him. Good for you. I did manage to magically add a number of rooms and amenities to the ship after you all were on. I guess I just didn't have cause to do it before.

"I'll tell you one thing, though. I am not looking forward to snow. We didn't get it where I live, and I'd sort of gotten used to not having it. It seems very odd being back here where getting snow in the winter is just a given. I might have to eithe rgo shopping or borrow some clothing from Brian. I don't have that much winter garb with me. And what I did have, well, let's just say it isn't anything I'd want to be seen in anymore. It went out of style a long, long time ago. I presume there still are some worthwhile clothing stores in Diagon Alley?"
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:38 pm

Ronata smiled as he noticed she was still with him "yes, we are " she said becoming nervuse at him noticing "Im glad you did " she said and moved to refill her cup "ow theres lots there, Khaat, Brian or even Steven could take you " she said moving out to sit with steven "lunch will me a matter of minets " she said resting against him as he wrapped his arm around her holding her against him as they sat.

Ronata stood back up and moved to the kitchen as she fund wverything cooked "ok can some one set the table lunch is ready " she shouted aa she dished up and made each one float to the table along with the bowls of vegtables and plates . Steven brought out knives and forks and set it up before bringing out the pitcher of fresh juice and two bottles for abby and dakota.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:57 pm

Angus took Abbey to a high chair and put her in it, while Robert put Dakota in the other high chair. Abbey took to slapping the tray on the high chair in impatience. Robert looked at her and laughed. "Are you hungry?" he asked Abbey.

"I've got it, Daddy," Khaat said. She went into the kitchen and got a bowl for each baby and gave them little amounts of pieces of cheese, slices of bananas, and some peas. Along with their formula, it would give them plenty of nutrition and some practice at handling finger foods.

Angus watched Khaat set the tip proof bowls down on the high chair trays and both babies seemed to babble and get excited about food. Abbey was interested in eating hers, but Dakota was more interested in playing with it and sometimes throwing it on the floor.

Angus laughed. This was something he never thought he'd see. Brian Quinn with daughters. Daughters who were interested in itty bitty food fights. He had seen Brian take that in stride when babies were brought into the Paris headquarters, but here in his own home, among all the very expensive furniture and artwork, Brian still seemed completely unphased by it all. If he had placed a wager on it, he'd have said Brian would have been single for life. But here he was, living in a house where he was outnumbered by three women. That was so very un-Brian like.

He watched Khaat take her place beside Abbey as Brian sat down beside Dakota, just as if they had done it all their lives. "You're a strange man, Brian Quinn," he said, sitting down at the table with the others.

"Me?" Brian frowned.

"You," Angus said. "It smells incredible, Ronata. Thank you."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:20 am

Ronata dished up and smiled "thank you we have Khaat for this she tought me " she said and sat down with Steven watching Khaat and brian with dakota and abby . She smiled at them and some what envyouse but she knew her time would happen again given some time .

"everyting ok?" she asked as she ate her lunch , finishing she went to the fridge and took out the moose carrying them on atray she even made two small ones for the babies and placed down one in front of everyone. she sat down again and smiled "I hope you like its arecipy i was told about by jeffery he said it was a hit for him" she said and smiled.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:39 am

"It's excellent," Angus smiled, enjoying every bite. "I see there are going to be benefits to living back in England after all."

"I told you," Brian said, savoring every bite too. "Well done, Ronata. The promise of some really good home cooking--comfort food--that was part of my package that I offered him to get him to leave Tuscany. Its great that he gets a sample of that within the first hour he's here."

"And I appreciate having so many really wonderful friends," Khaat said. "Thank you, Ronata." She took a small spoonful of her mousse. She wanted to enjoy its fluffy texture and delicate flavor to the fullest by taking her time with it and enjoying every little speck. "You're giving me ideas for my holiday menu for Sparks, Ronata. You know, Lizzie is getting a bit overwhelmed with all the business we're getting at Sparks. You wouldn't want to consider a promotion from a server to a chef, would you?"

"Oh, what a good idea," Robert smiled, nodding.
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 am

Ronata smiled as each gave her a compliment "I would love to " she said "but would I still be ok to serve the organisation if I did "she asked eating her own moose as she smiled looking at Steven who beamed proudly at her she had though her food wasn't go enouph but now she beamed at khaat robert and brianand smiled kissing Steven on his cheek.

Finishing up she took all the plates threw top the kitchen and washed up now humming to her self as she did something ahd finally let her be her self, she was happy again morew than she had been in along time her hert felt free and so had inprobved her cooking she had nothing to fear and she was happy with steven and john.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:40 am

OOC: Ronata quit the organization. She has not asked to rejoin. She can rejoin, but she has not done it yet. I'm going to move forward with the thread though.

"We all have more than one job, Ronata," Robert said. "The organization's work, at this point, is only part time. You're more than welcome to take the promotion she's offering you."

Khaat began to feel a familiar old chill. She said nothing. But she knew all too well what it meant. It was not a physical thing at all. Rather, it was merely a sensation she was used to feeling when one of her seer's skills were being activated somehow.

"Just think about it, Ronata," Khaat said. She got up and said, "I'm going to go get a warmer sweater. I'll be right back. Daddy, will you make some pumpkin spice tea, please?'

"Of course, my dear," he smiled. "I'd be happy to."

Khaat went upstairs and got a warmer sweater out of her closet and, sliding it on, she wrapped up in it. Just as she glanced out the window, she saw a figure standing in the side yard, glaring up at her window--and at her. It looked like Barker. Her rage was instantaneous. She snatched her wand and apparated outside. She was going to make quick work of this once and for all.

"You're a prat, Lupin," he said to her, laughing. "Left all your little bodyguards inside and oblivious, have you? Your family's impulsiveness is going to be the death of you." He fired a killing curse at her, but she dodged it easily. "You don't even know polyjuice potion when you see it, do you, Girl?" he laughed.

This wasn't Barker? It had been a trick to draw her out? Nothing more? She was thunderstruck. She looked up, trying to get a look at him that would tell her who he really was. He flicked his wand at her, using nonverbal magic, and all she saw was blood in front of her eyes--just as the world faded from her view and she heard him using a sonorus spell to amplify his voice, sending waves of thunderously loud laughter. He was deliberately drawing out her guards for some reason. Deliberately flaunting, arrogantly, for them how easily he had found her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Brian didn't give it a thought when Khaat went upstairs to change her sweater. He took Dakota while Angus took Abbey and set them in the playpen He had just picked up a handful of toys when he heard a roaring sinister laughter echoing so loudly it threatened to make them all deaf. The babies started to cry because of the volume level. Brian dropped the toys in the playpen, and snatched up his wand, running, beside Robert, for the back windows of the house.

"He's in the back!" Robert shouted. Robert and Brian reached the windows at about the same time. "Angus, Steven! You and the ladies make sure he doesn't breech the house!" Brian ordered.

"Khaat's down," Robert said, seeing her form laying motionless on the grass. "looks like Barker."

"Jack, you're with us. Go from behind. See if you can get a good shot in. At least obliviate that bastard. I don't want him remembering this place even exists, much less where it is," Robert ordered. "Brian and I will distract him and try to cover Khaat."

"Don't let him in here," Brian looked about at Jess, Ronata, Steven, and Angus. "Whatever you do, if he decides he's coming in here, be sure you kill him."

Brian flicked his wand and apparated out, and Robert followed. Brian apparated purposely in front of Khaat. If Barker was going to fire at anyone, it was going to be him. Robert, however, apparated right out in front of Brian, his wand already aimed at Barker.

"Check on Khaat, Brian," Robert said with a quiet firmness, never taking his eyes off Barker. Brian flew to her, not turning his back on Barker either. He knelt beside her and felt her neck for a pulse. It was strong and steady. He turned her onto her back and saw her face and her hair was already caked in blood. It was profuse."

"She's alive," Brian told him, "But she's taken a hit."

"Stay on it," Robert ordered. "Barker! Bear off! You're not going to get my daughter again. Its time you moved on."

"You're as stupid as she is, Lupin," the man laughed in pure amusement.

"What is it you want?"

"I want your whole family to suffer. That's what I want. You've kiiled a lot of people, Robert Lupin. You need to pay for that...."

"I'm probably going to kill a few more, too," Robert said.

"Doubtful," He scowled at Robert. "I don't plan on leaving you that opportunity. You nor any other Lupin."

"Bring it, then," Robert said fiercely, leveling his wand at him.

Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:05 pm

Ronata moved with the others doing as she was told her wand out though she was not aprt of the organissation she felt they were her family and so wanted to help as she stood gaurd over a doorway she saw Khaat on the ground and her heart raced thinking it could be any of them next she glanced at Steven then jack and jess both him were focused on the scene in front of them jess more like an agent than a mother now and jack his muscles tensed as he pupiles flexing as he looked out his senses on full alert , she looked at Steven and caught him glancing at her.

"Im fine" she said and stood up strong and proud as she watched if he was going to attack she would put up a dam good fight for him.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Jack moved out the back door quietly moving around beghind him threw the forest his wand out as she did his eyes changing to his wear yellow ones as he moved threw the thick undergrowth around behind the man quietly he stepped out from the forest his heart beat the only sound he could hear as slowly he raised his wand up levering with the man's shoulders .

He watched Robert then he choose his moment to fire just as Robert and Steven sem to have him distraced he fired " obliviate!!" he yelled as the spell shot from his weand to hit the man square on his back throwing him to the ground out cold and he walked over.

"it took not sure how much was erased " he looked down and held his wand again "I could do it again and make sure" he said his words holding the anger he held for this man for what he did to Khaat he could not contain the growl that slipped from him showing his distain and contempt for this creature that was not fit to be called a man.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top