Out of the Fire - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Out of the Fire - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Out of the Fire

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Out of the Fire - Page 6 Empty Re: Out of the Fire

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:51 pm

"What the deuce are you talking about?" Brian frowned. "I fail to see, for one bloody moment how jumping off a bridge with a string tied to you leg has anything remotely to do with the kids. Somebody pointing a wand at your throat, are they? Or have you just slipped a cog or two?" He turned at glared at Khaat. "How could you even think of making that sort of a wager...."

Khaat stood up and went over to him and stood toe to toe with him and just as he was ready to lay into her with a real temper tirade, she kissed him slowly, forcing him to stop. Just stop. He took a deep breath to try to calm himelf and let it out slowly. "Don't test me, Khaat," he said quietly. "Its been a really, really long time since I've been really angry with you. I don't look forward to being there again. Call it off."

"You don't think I can do it?"

"Call it off," he repeated firmly.

"Oh, fine. I'll call it off," she said.

Brian whirled on Jack, still angry. "You start talking. Is there something going on in my organization I need to know about?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Jack stood his ground some what frozen "fundraising" he said in one word his hand sfolded across his chest "not my idea " he added and stood silant saying no more.

Jess stood beside him she watched Brian 's face she could tell he was angry and she turned to Jack "go out side " she said making him turn and walk out before turning back to face Brian "it was to raise money for the kids some of the men though they could use, it several of the men had aproched us about it last time we were there and jack is the only one doiung the jump he was asking me to go with him , but i told him i would not jump, I couldn't do it , as for khaat's bet thats between you two, sir" she added faceing him.

Ronata sat quiet but sighed thinking there were better things they could do than bungee jump but she kept quiet she ahd other things on her mind and this was nothing to do with her , she picked up abby and held her picking up a small rattle from the buggy Dakota sat watching and threw her rattle out to hit brians leg.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:28 pm

"We don't need that kind of fundraising. I'm not willing to risk anyone for that," he snapped.

"Brian," Khaat said, beginning to see where his issues were coming from. "Go take a walk. Blow off some steam. It really is alright." He turned and left silently, handing back Dakota's toy to her before he left. "He'll be alright," Khaat said. "I think he's starting to show some raw edges for not being able to stop barber from getting me and not being the one who got me out. He's taking it personally. Its really getting to him. He's tried not to show it, but I do know its making him questioning himself in a lot of ways he doesn't like. I'll give him a few minutes and then go talk to him. He needs to let himself off the hook a bit. Don't take him seriously. Not about that, anyway."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Jess sat down and sighed as she picked up another cup of coffee "I know there are other ways to fundraise, but I also know the man whos providing the equipment, hes safe and trust worthy" she said standing she walked to the floo "tell jack i'll see him at home " she said and was about to leave when she stopped. She stood for a moment "ok im not leaving " she said moving back to the kitchen for some more coffee .

Ronata weas about to say something when she saw Jess walk to the floo she frowned at this action it was not like jess just to run away but then she saw her stop and head for the kitchen. "guess jacks got a lot to explain " she said to Khaat placing her bow cool cup on the side as she held a now sleepy Abby. "so does mother want her daughter?" she asked smiling trying to brake the tenshion "she learned a new word" Ronata said just as abby shouted "mamam"

Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:08 am

"Any time," Khaat smiled, taking Abbey from her. "Thanks. " Khaat's heart skipped a beat when she heard Abbey say Mama for the first time. "Let's go see Daddy," She told Abbey. "I'll be right back," she said softly. I'm going to go talk to Brian. It won't take a moment." She picked up a blanket off the sofa and wrapped it around Abbey and walked outside. She saw Brian already off in the distance.

She apparated her and Abbey out ahead of him. He had gone for a run to burn off the steam. When he saw Khaat and Abbey in his path, he stopped, breathing hard. "Everything alright?" he asked.

"Is it?" she asked quietly. He sighed and came over to them.

"Khaat...." he began.

"No, wait. Brian, stop kicking yourself. It just isn't necessary. No one blames you but you...." He turned to walk away while she was speaking. "Brian," she said softly. "Let it go...." Just them Abbey began to say in a rather sing song tone "Mama, Dada..." It was enough to make Brian stop in his tracks and turn around. She was learning words. Really learning words. "Is there really anything more important than this?" she asked, handing Abbey to him. He gladly took the baby in his arms and held her.

"No," he replied. "There isnt."

"Then, let it go. This isn't going to be the only other wound we will ever have in our lives. We need to keep it in perspective and move on. And Jack, your men, bungee jumping, none of that is the issue."

"No, It isn't," he admitted.

"Then, lets go back to our lives," she said. He took her hand and they apparated back into the living room.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:25 am

Rnata busied herself making some lunch a harty cassarol with baked potatoes and fresh vegstables with a fresh orange mose for afters she took a small spoon and let dacota taste it she liked it then chewed the spoon hapily "don't worry jess Brian and Khaat will be back " she siad and smiled.

Dakota threw the spoon "dada..mamama" banging on the side of the pramb she shouted at the top of her lungs . Ronata handed her some carrott "have that for now " she said and continued to cook.

Jess chuckled and sighed "jack realy opened a can of worms today " she said watching them and picking up the spoon Dakota threw next to her . Walking threw she placed it into the sink and watched Ronata "how did you learn to cook ?" she asked ehr seing how she cut the vegatables.

Ronata chuckled "Khaat who else shes a good cook " she said smiling a she finished and placed it in the oven to cook "I do hope they come back soon.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:40 am

When they got back, Brian could hear Dakota shouting Dada and Mama too. "Well, guess who refuses to be left behind?" Khaat laughed. She went over and picked Dakota up. "Our house just got a lot noisier," she said. Just at that moment, she heard someone else apparate in. She turned to see her father there.

"Well, look at that. Both my girls are talking now," he laughed, hearing both babies chattering loudly, repeating Mama and Dada. "I guess its done being quiet here, isn't it?" He came over, kissed Khaat's cheek and kissed Dakota. "May I?" he asked.

"Certainly," Khaat said, handing Dakota to him. Robert looked at her. "Oh, and look who else is talking again. Well done, my dear. Your mother thought something was different. She sent me to find out." Then he looked at Brian.

"You look like you've been eating lemons, Boy," he frowned. "What's the matter with you?"

"Jack want to go bungee jumping and I said I'd go," Khaat said.

"Really?" he raised his eyebrows at bit at them both. "Do let me know when you do that. I'd like to watch."
Brian punched Robert in the arm. He looked at Brian. "What?"

"He doesn't want me to go," Khaat said.

"Well, I presume he would keep you from breaking your necks, so there shouldn't be any harm in it. Let me guess. Owens. He put you up to this. He's been trying to get somebody to jump with him for a couple of years now, and nobody will take him up on it. So, he talked you into it, did he? Well, enjoy yourselves."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:54 am

Jess sat stunned at Robert but smiled and looked at Ronata who smiled at her and spoke foftly as she placed her mooses in the fridge to set "I told you it would work out"she said and washed up what she had used.

"Hopwe you don't mind I mase a checken casarole for lunch with Orange moose for afters " she said to Khaat and Brian giving Abby a carrott stick too that she could chew on. Ronata smiled liking the time she ahd spent with the girls "Robert could I talk to you please?" she asked looking at him hoping he had a spare five minets.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:06 am

"I am glad you made lunch," Khaat smiled. "It sounds delicious. You've really managed to become a good cook after just a couple of dinners you helped me prepare. That's a good thing. I'm proud of you. It isn't always the easiest thing to do. Nice job."

Khaat was glad that Ronata and Jess were such good help with the babies. Khaat felt comfortable being a first time mother to to babies most of the time, but she certainly was grateful for all the hlep that her friends and her family gave her. Without it, she knew she would not have been able to take care of them. Her life was just so busy and dangerous. She knew she could never adequately repay them either.

Robert looked at Ronata and said, "Me? Certainly. Let's just go into the kitchen. Is that alright?" He led the way into the kitchen for them. "Is this private enough? What do you have on your mind?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:19 am

Ronata moved into the kitchen with Robert and l;ent against the work surface "steven has been talking about trying for another child , now I know he wants one especialy since i saw him with dakota and Abby " she looked at him "Im just worried that because of what hapened I can't any more " she said "I was wondering if ...I know your good with detecting this kind of thing " she said becoming nervouse at even mentioning it to him .

"I'm sorry to have bothered you , you have enouph with your new job " she said and strted to move out the kitchen.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top