Order of the Phoenix Meeting 13 - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 13 - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 13

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Order of the Phoenix Meeting 13

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 am

"I have been thinking of what our 'lack of existence' presents for us. As I see it, it gives us some amazing flexibility. When we were known as Order members by the wizarding public, there were times when it hurt us as much as it helped us. Closed doors for us when we wanted them open. And vice versa. So, my thoughts are that we avoid doing things together as a group as long as possible. Avoid group attacks, and doing any movement as a group that would announce to anyone else that we still function.

"I think taking over Hogwarts is something that does need to be done, but I do also think that we need to choose wisely when we do that. Until then, I suggest that we do rather independent intelligence sorts of missions and gather information, work either as individual agents or pairs, and stay low profile for as long as we can. In the meantime, I suggest we train, not only in dueling abilities, but in our other fighting skills and work on increasing our membership so that when the time comes, we have the manpower and the fighting skills that we need to make an impact when we do choose to let the world know we exist again."

Last edited by Robert Lupin on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Order of the Phoenix Meeting 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Order of the Phoenix Meeting 13

Post by Mariana Diggory Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Mariana sat there listening the cheerful conversation members were leading about everything and everyone though she prefered to stay quiet about the things she didn't know about, which was usually everything that wasn't regarded to Order or something simmilar. When Jess spoke up, she could finally join the little debate they would start. "What if students want to join the fight? That would give us more numbers, but however alot of them are still unexpirienced in fighting and i am hell sure i can't forbid them anything since i would do excatly the same." she asked not sure death eaters wouldn't use students in case they felt threatened.

"Anyway i agree with Robert. We don't just go and take over Hogwarts with a poof. We do some research first. Is Ministry safe to trust? I mean there are alot of people on our side, but there's a chance that some spy finds out about our plans which would make us dead, died out and cut out for sure." she added trying to put in exact Jess's words though it wasn't sure how was that successful.

[[EDITTED!]]

Last edited by Mariana Diggory on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:09 am

Matt looked at Mari, "I agree with Robert and Jess; Hogwarts is a top priority." he said to Mari and then everyone else. He sat back down in his chair and looked at Jess, "But we need to regroup first of all things. The Death Eater numbers have gone down great I'm sure," he said. "They've been pretty dormant for a few months now as well." He looked at Robert, half amazed and half excited. "So what you're saying is to start working alone; thus probably making things more secret. Well I'm all for that Robert!" Matt said.

"With Robert as Minister and his new policy's I'm sure it's unlikely that there is a spy in the Ministry. Even I had extensive background checks on new employee's in any department before they were hired." he said to Mari more this time. Matt was pretty much agreeing with everything; not adding anything new. Really he couldn't think of anything more to say. Jess had already beaten him to the punch; he had been thinking the same as Jess had.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:15 am

((*Facepalm* Mari, you need to get with it. We've dropped the demon plot, it's not being mentioned anymore, edit your posts please, both of you, it never happened...))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:19 am

Robert didn't change his expression at Mari's concern over the ministry's trustworthiness. "Mari," he said. "The ministry has not become less effective or trustworthy since Matt left. If I had anyone I didn't trust, I would be giving them limited access and responsibilties. I am already moving certain documents and items out of the Ministry offices to more secure locations in case the building is attacked yet again. As long as the wizarding world sees the ministry offices as the center of power, that's the last place I want us to keep all our proverbial eggs, as it were. I can understand your insecurity with whether anyone outside the Order is trustworthy, but so far, I don't think there is much foundation to that fear, even despite our enemies.

"At any rate, Jess, if there are any Order members that could benefit with a bit of polish on either fighting skills or espionage skills, it seems to me that now is the time to do that. It seems that perhaps we have bought ourselves a short bit of time. I suggest we use it very wisely before we are pressed back into service before we might be ready."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:19 am

"Sorry, I had to use a broom. My Apparating skills are limited to places that I know the images of very well. It's a disadvantage, I know, but I still got a long way to go before I'm a master at this stuff. I'm only 19", Daniel said. He had a hint of impatience in his voice, he was a bit disappointed in himself for not being able to Apparate as well as the others were. He hated himself for that. He just wanted to be as good as everyone else. That was something he'd have to work for and work hard towards. He hated the fact he was just like a regular schmo when it came to magic. That he might not have had it to spare at all, that he wasn't really a magical being, but then again why was he here if he didn't? That was something he questioned.

Joshua kept calling out to more reasonable Daniel, Dummy! Do you not know that you're a failure? Do you not know that you shouldn't be here in the Order? You f**k up so much, why do you f**k up so much? Do you like to disappoint yourself? Do you like that? Do you like being a failure? He frowned at these thoughts. He really tried hard to concentrate on other things. However he held his head in his hands, and uttered the words "I'm a failure" without thinking.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoire Weasley30 Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:07 pm

((Is this where I post to join.))
Victoire Weasley30
Victoire Weasley30

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:09 pm

yes. it is.

Hey, admins, please don't delete these again until she posts. i'll delete these two ooc posts AFTER she posts.

Thanks!!

K.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:20 am

Jess nodded, he'd accepted all of these options, and though he was one who liked to rush headlong into battle he knew that they wouldn't have half as successful a venture if he did, biding time and waiting would be the best solution for now. "Alright, well, if we're going to be trying to build up a support base, where do we go? What do we do?" He asked, "I think that we're trained well enough, previous battles have proven that, the only times we lose is when numbers is an issue, I think, that's just my view on the matter." He told them, "If you feel differently, if anyone does, I think I may have a solution," he said, trailing off in thought towards the end.

"Robert," he said, turning to face the older man. "How would you react if... well, if there's anyone here who's feeling as though some extra training could be beneficial, could they possibly undergo Auror training?" He asked. In no way did he expect the members who chose to take the training to become Aurors, but the training could be incredibly beneficial (Up a tier maybe) for the Order's overall strength.

"That's just to benefit the members, how do we get new ones?" he asked, changing his train of thought, "I think that there are people out there who are sympathetic to our cause, we just need to get to them before the Sympathy turns into something else, now is the time to build up a support base, and we need to do it before the public eye turns on us," he told them, thinking about who they could possibly recruit, and even thoughts of allegiance.

"What was that?" he said to Daniel, snapping out of thought when he heard him mutter something. "Everything all right?" he asked
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:21 pm

''It seems we have a paranoid schizophrenic among us. What joy!'', Wilson commented. ''It is interesting how you all discuss about our beloved school with absolutely no knowledge of what is happening inside and you completely exclude, by means of not referring to our knowledge, the only two persona here that have actual insight on how it is inside'', he added. ''But, what is it that I wanted to say? As you may have heard or read, the Triwizard Tournament is currently active, which gives all of us a great diversion and opportunity to start operations. Headmaster Doyle antagonises the Dark Army as much as we all do, which means that we shall have his full support. We could start with tackling the Dark Army guards one-by-one and then, using, perhaps, Polyjuice potion, which we could get from the Headmaster, infiltrate the school one by one. That way, we would only have to deal with the leaders and the staff, but seeing that their number will be smaller than ours, we should not have enough problems in the end'', Wilson suggested.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top