alone - Page 12
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

alone  - Page 12 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

alone

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

alone  - Page 12 Empty Re: alone

Post by Maddie Kane Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:35 pm

"oh," Cecilia said "no wonder i had no clue what it was." a perfict reson for her not to know something. it had been created by this girl she had jsut met. it all made so much since now. then she picked up the book again and opened it to read some more. "your in ravenclaw right?" cecilia asked haveing forgoten half their conversation. "and i bet we could come up with a way to get the dye to stay in the soap. so it dosen't settle to the bottom and maybe some sparkles to."
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:45 pm

"Yes, I'm in Ravenclaw like you" Brienne said, flashing another toothy grin. "I'm not one for sparkles or anything like that, but I do like pearl-like shimmering. It's minimal, and efficient. Plus the stuff that makes it like that is an nucleotide, guanine. It's one of the four that makes up DNA and RNA. DNA is made of guanine, thymine, adenine, and cytosine. Thymine is replaced with uracil in RNA". Brienne often went off on tangents like this, but she hadn't realized she had done so until that moment. She covered her mouth, "Sorry, went off on a tangent there".
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:53 pm

"its okay." she siad "i do that alot to. well at least when i know someone is wrong about somehting. unless there are alot of people around." cecilia though it was weird how she would do stuff like that. just keep talking and talking eventluy she would shut up when the time she had was over. though sometimes she would just keep going and no one was able to stop her once she got going like that.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:03 pm

"Oh, well, you'd be a perfect friend then. Great minds think and act alike, eh?" Brienne said. Softly, she shook the bottle again, allowing the dye to circulate through the liquid. A few minutes later, it settled back down. Brienne frowned and shook the bottle more and more furiously. She recited a line from a Shakespearean play to time her bottle shaking. After having recited the line about 5 times, the liquid was finally thoroughly mixed, though the dye would fall again for sure. "I'm doing this so I can have a bit more luck when it comes time to make the dye stay."
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:07 pm

"i have no clue how i would get the dye to stay." she said "maybe aspell that wouldn't affect the soap or maybe a diffrent type of dye?" cecilia wasn't sure what would work best or if it would work at all. all she knew was there had to be a way to get the dye to mixed into the soap and for it to stay there. "maybe its over saturated." that term had come from the book she had been reading which ment that the soap could not absorbe any more.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:15 pm

"I measured it out carefully, using molar equations and stuff. I don't see how I could've, but I guess I can decant the soap from the dye. It's blue enough without the extra anyway" Brienne said, examining the contents of the bottle. She fished out a small bottle-cap-like thing in her pocket. She poured the soap inside it carefully, then cleaned out the bottle of excess dye. Then she returned the dye carefully. The blue stayed this time, but it was a fainter color. It didn't matter how dark it was though, the dye stayed. It was still Ravenclaw-y, but just fainter.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:21 pm

"wow muggles really are smart." she said," who know." then she scaned another page from the book. though it was still funny becuase of some of the words they used for things like pie was something they ate and used in mathmathmatics. then she put the book down again and took out her wand to make it float in the air as she boardly messed around. the book moved up and down and side to side. sometimes it opened and closed or just hung there. she giggled a little as she watched what she did to the book. it was so funny to her and she loved it. she knew muggles had no way of doing something like that.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:47 pm

Brienne giggled, amused by the book. She tried touching the book, but doing so felt...weird to say the least.

"That's awesome, how are you doing that?" She giggled softly. She knew how it was done, but wanted an explanation anyway. It'd be interesting what the girl would say about it. Unless of course it was a snide remark telling her that she should know already. However, she didn't seem like the type to do that. Especially not to a werewolf. Especially not one as non-human as Brienne, who had more than a lick of werewolf in her.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:22 pm

"Magic.." she said giggleing along with brienne. it was so funny watching the book as it now seemed to dance around the library. it turned and fliped opened and closed as if to a silent song of nothing. "come on pick a book its fun." cecilia said still giggleing. she really hoped the librarian didn't come over and get on to them for what they were doing to the books or for being to loud. though it wasn't like the books didn't fly by them selves any way around her.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Brienne took the heaviest book she could find on the shelves. She lifted it onto the table, and pointed her wand at it. Suddenly, it lifted up. Brienne waved her wand around, making the book flip and do aerial acrobatics. It flapped its pages, with the werewolf girl guiding the book through the Library, hoping that the Librarian wasn't paying any mind to it. Brienne took the tiniest books she could find, and made it act like a hummingbird, hovering around the bigger book like a planet orbiting its star.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum