Mistaken Identities - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Mistaken Identities - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Mistaken Identities

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mistaken Identities - Page 2 Empty Re: Mistaken Identities

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:38 pm

OOC: no, you're fine. I'm just going to wait for matt to come back and finish editing his post and then i will have robert answer you both at the same time. ok?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:51 am

Robert looked at Mari for a moment and said, "Mari, Khaat's taken a significant hit to the head. She needs someone to stay with her, and I need to take Matt upstairs. Would you please stay with her and make sure she isn't left alone? Send me word upstairs if she comes conscious before I get back. Oh, and she's taken a wand graze to her upper right arm--a burn. Could you see to that, please? Thank you so much. I'll feel better if she's not alone."

He stepped out into the hallway and motioned for Matt to follow him, closing the door. He spoke very softly so that he would not be overheard. "Come with me. We have a problem. I need your help again. It seems Phaedra Mariatos has been murdered. I've been out of town, and I returned a few moments ago to find Phae and a whale of a mess. I found her and Khaat on the floor upstairs in the healer's lounge on the 5th floor. The room has been pretty much demolished--furniture destroyed, window shattered. Obviously there was a duel there of some sort. I have very few clues to go on. I secured the room as soon as I apparated Khaat downstairs. The only clue I seem to find is an unidentified third wand, and that's not good. Tells me someone is missing. No one voluntarily leaves their wand behind. Khaat hasn't come conscious so she has not been able to tell me if she knows the identity of the owner of the leftover wand or not. I'd like you to help me take over the crime scene. I will look very divided in this situation, with a crime scene at St. Mungos and my daughter injured. I need you to be the neutral voice in this. It has to be clean, whatever happened. The investigation has to be clean and unbiased as much as we can."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:06 am

Matt heard Mari walk in as well, as Robert told him to step outside he did. He listened to what he had to say, he was somewhat relieved when he heard it wasn't Sophia or Emmy. But was still upset someone was killed on the premises. But his suspicions rose once again when he mentioned the third wand. "Alright wait to call the aurors for a while then. Let's stick to just us taking a look around. We can get much more done just the two of us than fifteen aurors messing the scene up." he said. "Is the wand still upstairs?" he asked.

"And the body." he asked again. "Simple killings curse?" he asked. "Mind if I call someone else in to help us I know I can trust?" he asked. "You're familiar with Blaire Murray currect?" he smiled at him. "I know he'd like to help..."

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:09 am

Mariana didn't seem rather satisfied about the explenation Robert gave her because that much she could guess by herself. On the question can she stay with Khaat she didn't even get a chance to reply before Matt and Robert left the room. "Hey what about my patient?" she called out though it was obvious Robert couldn't hear her. Poor guy was laying there waiting for his hand to be bandaged. "Nevermind..." she said quitely walking to the closest nurse to explain her what's going on before she sped of towards her now ex patient.

Did he say a burn? she thought for herself looking towards Khaat's right arm. Since her wand was already in her hand it was not necessary to draw it again. It had quite alot of blood for a small injury like that. Mari gently took of Khaat's robe so she can have a clear access to her arm and passed with her wand. "Vulnera Sanentur, Vulnera Sanentur." she said loud and clear making the bleeding stop and the injury seal untill certain point. "Ferula." she said making the bandages squeeze around Khaat's upper right arm,

Once she was done healing that she decided to try making her concious though it was hardly doubtful that her father didn't already try that. "Renervate.." she muttered waiting to see if there was some visible reaction.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:33 am

OOC: Sorry for the slight godmod.

"Murray is fine by me. Khaat seems to like him and trust him, so that's good enough for me," Robert said. He went to the elevator and led Matt to the top floor of St. Mungos. He went to the healer's lounge and unsealed the door. He opened it and went in. The room as a complete mess. The duel had not been a clean one. That was for certain.

"As far as Mariatos goes, it looks like the poor girl never knew what hit her. You're right about it looking like an Avada Kedavra. I'll have to pull her personnel file to see if she has family that needs to be notified. I don't remember her ever talking about them. Damn. I hate when I lose people I like, and I liked Phae. Khaat's not going to like this at all. I have Khaat's wand, and Phae's is laying right beside her. However, what makes me think this might be a time priority is this frustrating third wand. If I have a staff member missing, then I need to find them immediately. It seems that Khaat might have been consulting w/ someone over a patient chart. Its' here with her coffee cup. And it would be completely out of character for her to simply bring a chart here if she were going to be by herself. As near as I can tell, she came here for a refill and someone must have come here to consult with her. I want you to see this wand. It's over here. I haven't moved it. " He walked several feet across the room to where the third wand lay alone, completely away from where Khaat and Phaedra had been found.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:53 am

OoC:Np, saved me the trouble.

Matt looked around the room, he'd call Blaire soon. Robert was right, it was a mess. He looked down at Phaedras lifeless body. No outstanding causes of death, obviously the Killing Curse. He looked at Robert and nodded at what he said. Right, so someone was missing. He'd look into that. "Right, you or Khaat should notify her family." he told him. "I'd prefer it if someone who's calm and high in power." he told him. He followed him over to where the wand was located. He pulled out his own wand and was about to levitate it but didn't need to. He knew who's wand it was immediatley. His eyes widened and his heart sank, he should be used to this by now. But she was unarmed this time, she could fight usually but not this time.

"Robert...." he began. "This is Sophia's wand." he told him. He was kneeling down and stood up. "Normally I wouldn't be so worried. But this time, she's unarmed." he told him, a worried tone in his voice. "Robert, we need to find out the bastard who did this!" he told him. "Look for anything that we could use for evidence, I'll notify Blaire. And please, don't tell my wife. It can't be good for the twins!" he told him.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:03 am

"We'll find her, Matt," Robert said. "I'm not going to say anything to Emmy right now. We don't have anything helpful to tell her. It would only risk her and the babies, you're right." He began to look over the room, his mind working overtime.

"Matt, if you look at it, from the pattern of the damage to the room, it seems to all be in one line, with the exception of the window. Look. There is damage to the wall over in this corner, " he pointed to the fireplace area where Phae and Khaat had been. "And the rest of it is over here near the door. I see barely anything at all where we found Sophia's wand. And absolutely no blood whatsoever.

"What I think happened is that Khaat was here, reading the chart and whoever this was entered using the door. I don't think they apparated in here. I think whoever it was entered and blindsided Khaat and Sophia and Phaedra. It doesn't look to me as though Sophia is injured at this point. She either must have been foreced to surrender or was taken very quickly and without much incident. That, in itself, is an excellent sign. It buys us time. I would be far more worried if I had seen signs of injury. I think, when you think of all the resources we have, that we will certainly find her before very long at all."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:21 am

Matt nodded when he noticed the pattern as well. "Yeah, we need to look for magical residue." he told him. "I read about it in a book just a few nights ago. It has significant texture to the specific wand used. That could help us." he said. "All you need to do is hold your wand and say 'Residust' and it will light up the tip of your wand. Then search for any white stains or anything." he said. "Take note of what it looks like and remember it!" he said before walking out. "I'm going to notify Blaire." he called before running down the hall. He was still wearing his jacket, he pulled it off and made it dissapear into thin air with a flick of his wand.

He found Khaat's office which was unlocked, she wouldn't mind if he borrowed a quill and some paper. He wrote a letter explaining things and sent it off to Blaire. He then tossed his jacket on a chair by the door and sat in Khaat's chair. He needed a break, he'd never get one. Whenever there was trouble, it normally involved him somehow. He burried his face in his hands and sighed.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:50 am

OOC: I haven't let Katherine out of her little box for a long, long time. LOL

Katherine had been home, asleep, when she was awakened by a horrible dream. Violence, death, and Khaat's form slamming hard up against a stone fireplace. She saw Khaat's head strike the stone with considerable force and then her motionless form falling completely limp upon a carpetted floor. It jolted Katherine right out of bed. She dressed quickly and apparated to St. Mungos. She walked quickly down the hallway and as she passed the healer's lounge, her senses seemed to prickle. She stopped and went back. She saw Robert there. "Robert?" she called. "Where is Khaat?"

"Come in, Kate," Robert said, "I could use your help. Khaat's alright." Katherine stepped into the room,seeing the room was demolished, but the moment her feet hit the carpet in the healer's lounge, she saw a vision of a dark cloaked figure. She saw flashes of images. Confusing things. Things that made no sense. But she saw a flash of a strange face.

"Who's gone, Robert?" Katherine asked.

"One of my healers," Robert replied, "The young one who helped take care of Abbey the night she was born." casting the residust spell. Magical residue showed up everywhere under the glow of his wand. He traced the patterns carefully, meticulously and slowly. Katherine sighed heavily. She had liked the spirited energies of the young healer. It made her sad. She tried to watch Robert as he worked but her visions were getting too chaotic. She turned and stepped out. She walked down the hallway to Khaat's office, trying to clear her head. When she got to the doorway, she spotted Matt at Khaat's desk. She wasn't entirely surprised, but Matt looked overwhelmed. Well, as Katherine saw it, being the minister held more trouble than reward. This was clearly not one of those moments any minister enjoyed ever having to be part of.

"So," Katherine said quietly to Matt, "I really should have known you'd be dragged into this. Sorry, I don't mean to intrude, but I think I can help. It woke me up. Matt, whoever did this, you're looking for a woman. And she wasn't alone. A man was here too, but from what I see, they really weren't working together. I'm not sure I understand their connection to each other, but there were two people here tonight who don't belong."

OOC: I'm waiting for Blaire to join Mari and Khaat in the emergency treatment room that Khaat is in, before I wake her up. (hint!)
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:04 am

Blaire had recieved the message from the Minister and was out of the Restaurant faster than anyone could say 'Where are you going'. He was wearing his traveling cloak as he apparated to St.Mungos. He had later ditched it in the waiting room. He knew what room Khaat was in and nobody was going to stop him from seeing her. Not the witch at the front desk, not the mediwizard that asked what he was doing, and certainly not a healer.

He entered Khaat's room to see her sleeping on the bed, at least he thought she was sleeping. But she had most likely been knocked out. He walked over to the bed, ignoring the healer in the room. He looked down at her peaceful face, thank lord she was alright.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top