Whose Side Are You On? - Page 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Whose Side Are You On? - Page 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Whose Side Are You On?

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whose Side Are You On? - Page 10 Empty Re: Whose Side Are You On?

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:53 am

Andrew could feel his breath being taking from his body. The bear had kept trying to bite onto Andrew's face, but missed again and again. It's sight must've been pretty bad. Wait. Sight. Now Andrew had a plan. "Lumos Maxima!" he casted, and suddenly, bright orbs of light appeared in Andrew's gloves, and the bear howled in pain and walked backwards, putting it's nose towards the ground. It was sensitive to light.

Now he was mad, the rage seen from his eyes. He held his gauntlet out and moved closer to it, causing it more pain. He walked closer and closer, and it kept backing up. Once it went towards a tree, it stopped backingup, and Andrew got closer. He casted Incindio on the grass below the bear, and it's fur and the grass nearby caught on fire. He turned away, ignoring the screams from the bear.

Andrew then quickly ran over to Chase and said "Let's get out of here." He was done with the forest for now, and felt himself grinning as he heard the bear howling. Why was he acting this way?
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:21 am

A huge burst of light from Andrew's gloves made Chase look away, hiding her eyes. The bear also, looked away, and she gasped as it backed away farther and father, Andrew pushing it back and back until it hit a tree.. then he caught it on fire. Chase yelled out in protest, but Andrew had simply.. turned away, the screams of the bear were tearing at Chase's insides, making her want to rush and help, but knowing that if she did, it would probably claw her eyes out. She fell to her knees, suddenly overcome with pain in her back.

She looked up at Andrew and gasped, seeing the rage in his eyes. What.. what had happened? Once the guy she had liked sooo much, now.. he looked so angry, and was going to burn that bear to death. Slowly getting to her feet, she glared up at him, and then brushed past him, pulling her wand out again, she pointed it at the bear. "Aguamenti." She said softly, putting out the fire, on the bear and around it. The bear took one terrified look at her, and sauntered off into the forest, probably off to nurse it's wounds, realizing that it wasn't worth the fight.

Chase spun to glare at Andrew. "Why would you do that?" She cried out, one hand going up to hang on her shoulder, the pain almost unbearable, but she ignored it for now. "You not only could have caught the whole forest on fire... but that bear.." She said shuddering. "You just let it scream!" She glared at him as she moved closer and closer to him, now she was so close, she had to look almost directly up to look into his face, her whole body shivering with pain and exhaustion. "I don't understand.. that's such a low life thing to do! Sure it almost killed us.. but you were torturing it!" She said glaring up at him, and she pocketed her wand, looking furious.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:38 am

Andrew didn't look at Chase, and didn't look at anything else. He felt empowered for some reason. After taking every single bullet, spell and cut that was thrown to him, he felt...better that he could finally do something. Something to make the thing bleed. To want to beg for mercy. Having control over the situation, instead of having to always fight his way out. Ne'Os's pyramid, the realm which he brought him in, the battle at Grimmauld place, the dragon that he and friends hunted, he had no control over it.

But now he had something. Something that he could be in control of. He heard the waters kill the fire and suddenly felt himself a little angry. He lost control now. He was about ready to catch the bear back on fire, when he realised something. What had he done? The bear had almost killed him, and he acted in self defense...but he wanted the bear to suffer.

"I...I don't...I don't know," he said, trying to clear his thoughts. Fire burned through his brain, and he saw images from the past. He had always tried to fight the people who wanted to do this. For fun. And now, he did it too. He sat onto the ground and felt his muscles relax. What was wrong with him? "What did I just do?" he asked softly, his eyes looking at the grass.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:51 am

Chase looked at Andrew as an almost physical change came over him. The look of power and anger was gone from his eyes, and he relaxed, falling to the ground. She stood for a moment away from him, as though waiting to see if he would spring back up and catch HER on fire instead, until very slowly she moved towards him and sat on the ground next to him. "Andrew.." she said softly, her eyes half closed as she stared at her hands in her lap. "I know how it feels.. When I lost my family, I was told the Ministry was behind it.. and I wanted to kill every last bastard who had dared take my family away from me, I didn't care that they were the good guys, that they were the ones protecting ME from people like the person who stole my family from me..." She glanced at him and continued.

"But.. it's never the answer is it? The anger.. the fear, we can't let it control us, because what else are we but a Death Eater? Killing for pleasure, relishing on pain, wanting to hurt things because we can.. true power, is by resisting that.." She looked over at him, and then reached out, taking his hand and moving forward so she could see in his face. "It's human Andrew, to want to be in control, to want that power.. to get revenge on the person or thing that did harm to us, but.. the true power lies in resisting it." She said softly, staring at his hand, how large and powerful it was. If he chose to turn his anger on her, she knew she could do little to stop it. But she knew he wouldn't. She slowly spread her hand out so that her small hand was pressed against his larger one. Palm to palm, she slowly met his eyes.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:29 am

Andrew felt his anger slowly subside. He no longer felt the need to fight anything, but to rather just go home. He wondered if anyone else in his family would have to battle this sort of thing. He had won, for now, but was concerned if it would happen again. He wasn't scared, but concerned. Okay, he had to admit, he was a little scared if he would ever lose control again. Ironically, he felt like he was in control, but was out of control at the same time.

"I guess I just need some rest," he said standing back up and feeling a sharp pain all over his body. He had completely forgotten that he had been hit a couple of times. "Are you alright?" he asked, now more concerned about Chase. He never cared about himself, when others were hurt.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:39 am

Chase smiled at him lightly when she saw the anger leave his eyes. That was more like it. She smiled again and let go of his hand, her own starting to shake pretty badly. When he asked if she was okay, she bit her lip and slowly shook her head no. "I got hit pretty badly.." She said slowly and then turned around, showing him her exposed back. The slash marks had torn her shirt across the middle of the back, but her bra strap was still intact, the old scar was now covered up with fresh new cuts and bruises. Deep in some places, especially around her shoulder blade, where the bear had gripped her and then thrown her against the tree. "But.. you need healed too, I just.. I don't think I can move my wand arm at the moment.." She said staring at her limp arm at her side. Pain shot up it every time it moved, and she held it gingerly in the crook of her other arm.

"Don't.. don't mind the scar down the back, it won't heal anyway, so don't even waste any time on it.. just get me to the point where I can use my wand, and then I"ll heal you up.." She said giving Andrew a comforting smile, hoping it was at least relaxing him a bit. She closed her eyes, and let her head rest down, staring at the grass. The cut skin was seriously throbbing from the pain, but the air almost helped it now, that she wasn't moving it. Easing the pain out of it, and letting her relax that much more.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:52 am

Andrew moved closed next to Chase and held his hand out towards where her wounds were. "Ekipsky," he said, and a white flash of light hit the cut skin. "These gauntlets," he said calmly, healing other small wounds "amplify my magic abilites. They are pretty useful, but if I try using my wand with my gauntlet on, then it doesn't work right."

When he examined the scar on her back, he raised an eyebrow and then asked "Um. What happened to your back, if you don't mind me asking." He then healed a couple more wounds, hoping they wouldn't be infected afterwords.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:57 am

Chase smiled, and winced as the skin started to knit itself together, she crossed her arms across her stomach, feeling the other scar, and she winced harder, hanging her head, her hair falling in front of her face, feeling his hand glide along the wounds, as they healed up under his touch. Feeling in her arm returned and she turned to look at his gloves. "Pretty useful, unless you get really hot, and then they can be uncomfortable I bet." She said flashing him a toothy smile, her hair flipped back over her shoulder again.

When he asked about her scar, she felt herself wince inwardly. "I don't remember it.. but in the year I don't remember, I was attacked by a Slytherin student on the grounds of Hogwarts, this was done by some slashing spell.. I don't remember the name of it.. but it wasn't healed quickly enough.. something about not getting dittany on it fast enough or something.." she said slowly. "And then well, it 's a curse scar.. it won't go away.. I actually." She said and bit her lip. She hadn't shown anyone this scar yet, but she lifted up her shirt to reveal her stomach. Showing an ugly gash across it. Crossing her belly button, and up to her ribcage on the right, where it disappeared like she had been laying down when it was inflicted. "Same woman.." She said softly. "Same curse." She let her shirt fall back down to hide the blemishes. "I don't normally talk about them you know.. I'm supposed to be perfect I guess.. but.. even I have my faults.. I have to use so much make up just to wear a swim suit.." She shook her head and looked him up and down. "Let me heal you.." She said turning her wand to face him again, getting onto her knees.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:16 am

Andrew listened to her story, and felt cold s she explained it. What happened to her before she erased her mind? He shook off the thought and then sat down, to let Chase heal him. He wanted to ask a question, but didn't know how to say it, without causing any more problems. He decided not to ask and let her heal his wounds, which were pretty superficial at glance.

He still couldn't believe that he had wanted a bear to suffer. Sure, it was about to kill him, but then again, it would've went away once he nearly blinded it. He knew he would soon forget about the event, and go on with his same old normal self, but he now had a lesson from the experience. Always watch your actions, or something like that. He didn't want to sound like some fortune cookie.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:22 am

Chase sighed slightly and ran her wand over his wounds. "Ekipsky." she said softly, running her wand over the wounds. They were pretty bad, and went all the way around to his collar bone. "Oh hun..." She muttered sitting in front of him now. Examining his torn and ripped shirt, the blood oozing from some of the wounds. "I just hope this doesn't get infected or anything.." She said softly, before working on his collar bone and chest.

Glancing up at him she bit her lip, seeing the questions in his eyes. "No.. I don't know the name of the woman who did it" She lied ".. if your wondering.. but she had a friend... a guy, who I haven't seen in a long time, but at the time, I believed him to be my friend, when he showed up.. and crucio'd me.. well.. I knew then he wasn't.." she said softly and avoided his gaze. "The second one was recent though.. in my memory now.." She said her eyes flitting up to his and back down to what she was doing. "She cornered me in Diagon Alley.. got me into an alley..." She tried to keep all of the emotion out of her voice, tried to make her body stop shaking, but it was hard. "You know.. crucio hurts.." She said with a shaky laugh before sitting back. "That's the best I can do.. I've stopped all the bleeding, but you'll want to be careful so as not to break the skin again.. and don't pick any scabs that might form." She said softly, her eyes downcast as she glared at her wand.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top