Tuscany Trip - Page 9
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Tuscany Trip - Page 9 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Tuscany Trip

Page 9 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tuscany Trip - Page 9 Empty Re: Tuscany Trip

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Brian laughed as he watched Steven getting Ronata to lighten up. He was glad to see it. "Try not to throw him overboard Ronata. "Cowboys don't swim much in Texas," he laughed, going down below to change. He sorted through what Khaat had packed, glad she had thought of him, and he changed and saw she had tossed some things for him in the beach bag she intended to take. He saw that they both needed a few things from the village though.

He went back up on deck and went in briefly to the wheelhouse. "Angus, can we wear our swimwear in the shops?"

"Oh sure. This is a beach town, after all. And its Italy. People here know how to just have fun and enjoy life. Nobody takes anything too seriously. You'll all be fine. Any thoughts on dinner?"

"Well, since we're at sea, I think it should be some sort of seafood. Would be a shame to do steak on such a beautiful ship."

"Oh, agreed," Angus smiled. "Will you be wanting your basket of food, then?"

"Good idea. A picnic on the beach might be just the thing."

"Take your time. We're in no hurry. I'll have the men bring the basket up, then."

"Thank you. " He went back out and sat down w/ Khaat on the deck.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Ronata could not help but laugh again "really" she said grinning as she then slid the remaning cube of ice down into his shorts and laughed as his eyes went wide from the cold and he shook himself the cube skitering across the deck and landing with a plop in the sea Ronata looked at Steven and the look on his face. "Ow you wouldn't? " she said grinning as she saw him pick up a cube of ice. Quickly she darted to behind brain laughing as she dodged steven. Coming out she dove passed steven but he caught her, sliping the ice down her top and she screamed from the cold but laughed as it fell threw to the deck where on a roll from a wave, it to ended up in the sea and her left breathing hard and laughing on deak in his arms.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Khaat and Brian laughed at the lighthearted fun between Steven and Ronata. Finally, they were having fun. They were both glad to see it.

It wasn't long before the ship docked at the seaside village. Khaat could see the beach clearly just a short walk down from the dock. It was beautiful. Pristine white sand, a beautiful blend of shade and sun, very few people considering the season. It was ideal.

"This is a nice beach. Very peaceful. Generally mostly adults. You should all like it," Brian said. "Shopping first, maybe?"

"Please," Khaat asked.

"There are not an overabundance of shops here, but what they do have are exceptional," Brian said. "I haven't been here in awhile, but Angus says our swimwear is welcome. The village is just 2 or 3 blocks down that path that leads straight from the dock." He reached for Khaat's hand and helped her, gentlemanly, off the ship onto the dock where they waited for Steven and Ronata.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:50 pm

Ronata stood smiling "it looks beautiful " was all she could say she chukled as steven climbed off the ship first as she saw the damp patch in his shorts from the ice . Taking his hand she stepped down onto dry land "wonder if they have any ice cream shops here, I could go for some pastashio Ice cream" she said looking at steven as she walked behind Khaat and Brain up the path her shoulder bag clung over bare shoulder. She hoped there was , as sh alked she saw all teh wildlife around them wondering why she had not seen things like this be fore it was then she smiled moving to hold Stevens arm as she looked around "Khaat what is it your after in the village , Im thinking something special to take home to remind me of this day, you?" she asked as they drew level with them.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:06 pm

"Another change of clothes for me and for Brian," Khaat said. "I packed extra light. And I always like Italian glassware. Italy has some of the finest glass in the world. I would love to take some home. Some choice pieces. I was thinking of some Italian gelato. Pistachio was my one craving while I was pregnant, but I like any flavor. I also wanted to check out the farmer's market. Villages like this usually have the freshest locally grown items anywhere. I want to get some really fresh olive oils and things. Things for here and things to take home to stock. If I find any exceptional olive oil, I might send some several cases, maybe even arrange for some of the better things I find to be shipped to Sparks. I'm always on the lookout for the best ingredients I can find for Sparks."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Ronata smiled "yeah they do , I have always like the glass figurines , I see if I can find one as a stallion, ow Lilly will like that she was saying before we left she hoped we'd get some oils for ehr to try " Ronata shifted her hand on Steven's arm "olive oil is suposed to be good for the skin, its suposed to soften it, Humm wonder if I should give some to steven" she said grining teasingly up at him as he looked questionly down at her. She chukled as they walked towards the village "its ok dear I won't make you take it " she patted his arm and gave a soft laugh as she saw him roll his eyes but grin.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:58 pm

"Most of the Italians use olive oil like lotion, moisturizer, hair conditioner, all sorts of things, in addition to cooking," Brian said, "So far as I know. Personally, I'd like to send home some really great wines and add to what little bit of a wine cellar I have. Khaat and I sometimes like a glass of wine with dinner, and she makes some wonderful wine sauces. She really is a great cook--when I can get her to do it. "

Khaat got her first glance of the small village and how picture perfect it was. It looked as though time had simply not touched it for hundreds of years. It took her breath away. So this was peace. This was heaven. No trouble. No Voldemort. No Death Eaters. Sunshine, peace, timeless elegance. She wanted this for herself, for her children. Not the horrors that England sometimes held.

"Let's go in here," Brian took her hand, diverting her thoughts. He pointed towards a clothing shop to her left. "I'm not sure what you're looking for, but let's see what they have."

"Sounds good," she said. He opened the door for her, and she went inside, not knowing if Steven and Ronata would come along or choose to go their own way. She browsed the racks and found for herself one of the most beautiful silk nightgowns and robes she had ever seen. They were a french vanilla color with a pearl-like finish, with lace and seed beads. She fell in love with them from the moment she saw them. The gown had spaghetti straps and the collar on the robe was trimmed with lace and seed beads to match the gown. She was pleased to find the shop owner spoke good English and the owner told her that the set was handmade, and that more could certainly be designed and made for her if she liked them, and in any color she liked. The shop owner was a charming young woman named Fiora. She designed a lot of the clothes in the shop and had hired local seamstresses to sew her designs. Khaat browsed her fabric samples and her design book of dresses, tops, pants, skirts, sleepwear, and found herself ordering quite a lot. Fiora took her measurements, and, at Khaat's insistance, Brian's. She could tell Fiora's was going to become probably her favorite clothing shop.

Khaat bought a sundress in a beautiful print on a coral colored fabric, a pair of yellow shorts and a white top that was embroidered with yellow designs, and some pairs of wonderfully made Italian sandals. She found Brian some khaki slacks and a blue shirt. She bought some other pieces to get them through for a few days if necessary. Brian insisted on a jacket for each of them, saying that a storm or a rain at sea without a jacket was not very wise. There was no rain in the forecast for today, but in another day or so, the weather could change.

ooc: I, of course don't know if ronata and steven came in here, so i can't do a conversation yet.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:46 pm

steven smiled as brian took Khaat's hand he felt she was almost back to her normal self . It was then he felt Ronata take his and lead them into the same small boutique. she lead him along a row of small trinkets blushing as she came to a set of rings, but then she quickly moved from him to a rack of clothes that Khaat was also stood at and he chuckled as she brought out night dress after night dress. Though one did catch his eye, a nice mint colored chamise with a silk robe to match. Loking at the shop owner he nodded and smiled . She understood and took it down quickly wrapping it. Steven paid for it, along with a nice wall plaque of the town that he had seen, a plain shirt and that illusive shaving foam. Now with everything in a single bag he waited for Ronata to finish.

"You'd think they'd never seen night dresses. " he said to brian, grinning as she pulled out a rather reveling back one with a red lace trim. "Ow go for that one!" he teased seeing her stick out her tounge and reply "in your dreams mister." she said chuckling her self.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:54 am

Khaat saw Ronata not far from her, browsing the racks. "Find anything you like?" Khaat asked. "Fortunately, or unfortunately, I found a lot. Well, I'm trying to rid myself of a lot of old things and update my wardrobe a bit. I guess when I moved back from my parents' place, I had gotten used to just jeans and cotton. Now, my tastes have changed a bit, and I like being more dressed up when I work. I still like jeans when I"m home, but I guess I think for my jobs at the hospital and the ministry I need to be a bit more professional looking. I took Fiora's business card so that I can continue to get things from her after we go home." She saw a pretty looking printed broomstick skirt. "Oooh. That's pretty," she said. Then she quickly changed her mind. "No, no, no. No more. I refuse," she laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Ronata listened ans smiled as Khaat said she felt like changing her wardobe , that diodn't sound abad Idea since she hoped he had someone who would apreciate a little femaninaty around her. She smiled at Khaat a she pulled out a lovley skirt "thats beautiful " she said but smiled as he put it back " I know, so may beautiful things I don't know what to choose, I might just not buy clothes but get a painting" she moved to one side taking out a landscape she had found and holding it up.

Fiora told her that it was a one off the gentelman who painted it had left for the mountains several days ago and was not due back till lat october. Ronata smiled and held it up "I heard theres an art shop in Hogmead, maybe they could comission him to paint some peices" she sugested moving with it to the counter and paying for it and smiling puzzeled at steven's face.
"whats so amusing?" she asked watching as he brought out his plaque of the town. She chukled "one more thing we have in common , Hey Steven" she said now grinning as she was handed her painting.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top