Grand Party - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Grand Party - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Grand Party

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grand Party - Page 8 Empty Re: Grand Party

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:29 pm

(Lily I've godmodded you slightly. Just so Eli could pull Lily into the shadows. I hope that's okay. Otherwise I'll edit)

He could have been anywhere but here. A white Bengal tiger was sat by the exit of the Room of Requirement watching his fellow Imperium Squad members. He was less than amused. He couldn’t believe he was acting on orders like some sort of Death Eater. It was demeaning. However, he couldn’t turn his back on Majere now. It would be like taking the King’s Shilling in the middle of a World War. Those who ran were shot down. No doubt he’d fall out of favour if he did much of the same thing.

Sighing, Elijah got up onto his paws and began to walk around the side of the room, keeping to the shadows. His fur would stand out in the room and he wanted the element of surprise. Moreover, he wanted Lily. They’d been instructed to take as many students as possible but he could make Lily talk; he knew he could. He hadn’t seen her since their first meeting at the Quidditch Pitch but he wasn’t blind to the effect he had on her. He knew he had to be careful. He could tell there were vampires in there and the thought of them made his hackles rise. Their eyes weren’t as good as his but they were decent enough and could probably find him.

He rose back out of his cat form and found himself stood directly behind Lily. He smirked to himself and put his hand over her mouth so she couldn’t scream and he wrapped his other arm around her waist. He pulled her away from the crowd and was glad for his height for once. He pulled her back into the shadows and pushed her against the wall. “Miss me?” he asked, grinning wolfishly. She would probably be able to tell who he was via his accent...if not then she wasn’t as intelligent as he had believed. “I definitely missed you.” He pushed some of her hair back and smiled softly. “Give me your wand, Lily. I’m not going to let you get hurt. This isn’t your fight.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Mariana watched as the curses started to light up the room only having on her mind to protect younger students since they weren't excatly able to fight. She didn't even notice Lily getting pulled behind her or Keith being almost caught. Her both eyes were fixed on James and her cousin though she hoped at least Hafiz won't make her much trouble. "Lumos Solem!" she called out loudly clearing the smog that covered the room up. "Averte Statum!" she added as a desert not wishing this to get too much messy then it already was.

Stop using more then 2 spells per post
Lumos Solem - Solar light i think it's clear
Averte Statum - Sends opponent flying backwards
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Potter1 Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:23 pm

Lily had been standing there drawn between cursing the hell out of everyone with what little spells she knew off by heart and scampering for some help, in the form of more relatives. Either way she didn't get the opportunity to do either since a familiar figure pulled her away from her friends and family. She nearly shrieked as her mouth was covered. It was like one of those horror movies, the muggle ones.

But she knew that voice, probably a little more than she should, and she pondered how to respond to what she was sure had some sort of threat placed amongst what should sooth most. Lily was distrusting and little annoyed that the guy she had been crushing on was evil. Ok, so that was an overstatement, but it was close in her mind. Lily was usually a great judge of character. Now she felt slightly foolish.

"You expect me to believe you after you turn out to be evil? What a facinating turn of events I say." Lily said in what sounded like a whisper, though her tone was strained. It still didn't help that she was blushing by the close proximinity. "This is my fight, my father died for what I don't want to be a waste. So no I'm not giving you my wand" She added sounded slightly sulky.

[[That's fine, it probably works well, I don't think Lily could do much else anyway. ( : ]]
Lily Potter1
Lily Potter1

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:16 am

Keith was almost to the doorway when a sudden obstacle made itself apparent in the form of Amelia.

Keith cursed, his mind moving a thousand miles an hour. Of course he had heard that Amelia had been accepted into the Imperium squad, but he had never quite managed to make the connection between that and, well, Amelia. She was very firmly standing in his way, preventing him from escaping what was quickly devolving into World War Hogwarts, and Keith was pissed.

He skidded to a stop in front of the older girl as she made her deal. Keith knew the schitck. Give up quietly, without a fight, and she'll help him get out of this unscathed. At least physically. But Keith hadn't gotten where he was by making compromises.

He supposed he had only himself to blame. Keith lived by a system of honor unique to him and him alone, complete with so many exceptions, exceptions to the exceptions, and twisting patterns of rules that only someone who had lived under it every day of their life for 10 years could possibly understand it. Keith ran the situation up against his personal honor code and found that Amelia was within acceptable parameters.

In a nutshell, Amelia had anticipated Keith's course of action and had moved to stop it. There was no violation of the "Keith Code" in this, as she had simply outsmarted him. However, Keith still had a few moves left. And besides, rule #77 stated that if all other options had been exhausted, it was ok to break the Code. As long as you succeeded.

Keith narrowed his eyes. After months of living at Hogwarts, he had developed a system for fighting older kids. Unlike the Keith Code, it was straight forward, and had 3 rules.
1. Older Kids always underestimate you. Use that.
2. Older Kids always overestimate themselves. Use that.
3. Older Kids, wizards especially, are very set in their ways.
Keith's personal favorite was number 3. Older kids, especially ones that had gone to Hogwarts for any extended period of time, were usually very narrow minded. They lost the ability to see more than a handful of possible actions, and therefore lost the ability to develop a reaction or defense from an unorthodox attack. Summed up, people are thrown off guard by things they haven't seen before.

So instead of throwing an utterly predictable Hex Amelia's way, (which wouldn't work, she no doubt was prepared to cast protego at a moments notice) and engaging him in a duel of which he had no hope of winning, he did the unexpected.

He ran right at Amelia, reaching into his pocket as he did so. His hand closed tight around a knut and he whipped it out of his pocket, chucking it sidearm at Amelia before hitting a baseball slide, aiming for directly between her and the right side of the door.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:11 am

Aurora walked to the fron of the people to watch. She wished to be in this but she thought no one would let someone as young,scrawny,and shy as herself be in something such as this. She leaned on her crutches watching in awe.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by HafizDeen Diggory Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 am

(lol all the student should be captured had been captured)

Hafiz stand at the door and waiting anyone who want to slip out. It was a chaos and Hafiz did avoid a few spells that accidentally being cast to him. He just make a random shot to the the students. Stupefy!, a weak red light conjured from his wand towards a crowd of students.
HafizDeen Diggory
HafizDeen Diggory

Number of posts : 864
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:53 am

Alester Thoth Crowley wrote:((I merely meant that I may or may not try to escape or best you-- I could falter, or I could try to succeed-- in Rp we all have choices... and I may choose to let you capture me or choose to fight it out... seemingly the latter for now -grin- That is how to let you win or not... sorry I like this prospect of fighting it out... it amuses me greatly!))
((I completely agree. I look forward to this fight as well.))

James saw the man move out of his way, but James did not falter. Instead, he rolled to a halt, and whirled about to face his new opponent, who had swished at the air behind him. This man looked especially deadly, with a silver blade in hand, which was obviously not formed from a wand. The first spells James could recall that formed a proper blade as such were far more advanced than the school curriculum had entailed. James, however, could recite nearly each and every one. It comes from living in a crowded space with nothing but a library to separate you from the monster you fought every day of your life.

James was almost pleased with the prospect of having a melee battle with a wizard. Such opportunities were rare. Rare enough for James to warrant this event as a reason to digress from orders. James realchemized he arm, clapping his hands with a circle clear in his mind, and sliding it across his formarm. The energy cracked and crackled, this time forming a blade the end, in addition to his tazer arm.

Well, well. Think I might indulge myself. Just a little. James' eyes twinkled with the thought of such a pleasure, but niceities and orders usually came first. James had to be more careful. Standing to his full height, and whipping out his wand, he stated in his cold even fashion, "It appears that we have yet to be aware of each other. I am James Wake, Ravenclaw, member of the Imperium Squad. And you?"
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by HafizDeen Diggory Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:14 am

(I am capturing Soph)
The stun spell hit Sophia right on his chest. Luckily it was just a weak spell so she just glich a little. Hafiz faces turned red. She was his ex so he thought it wasn't appropriate to do that. Somehow he just feel wanted to catch her. So he leave the flank open and go towards Sophia, I am sorry Soph.Expelliarmus!! , a white aura conjured from his wands jet towards Sophia
HafizDeen Diggory
HafizDeen Diggory

Number of posts : 864
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:25 am

Sophia wand flew out of her hand and she looked at Hafiz shocked. "Hafiz, what the hell are you doing?!?"Sophia asked him shocked. "I thought we were friends, but your nothing but a traitor how could you I trusted you!" Sophia screamed at him. "You don't deserve to be a Diggory, you disgrace yourself and Mariana!"said Sophia angrily as her eyes turned black. "So you think your capturing me just because I'm the ministry daughter huh Hafzie? Your wrongly mistaken Sophia shouted angrily. She knew she was defendless but if he tried hitting her with a spell she could easily ducked or dodge it.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Lestrange Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:14 am

[i'm supposed to be captured]

Nikki had watched what was happening around her and no one had seemed to notice that she'd done nothing except watch. When she finally got caught up what was happening, she looked around to see if Sophia and Sam were okay. She looked and saw Sophia, held by Hafiz. She turned very angry and ran to where Sophia and Hafiz were. "Leave my sister alone!" Nikki frowned, and yelled. She tried to hit Hafiz as hard as she could. "I thought you were good!" Nikki growled. Nikki then began to kick Hafiz in the shin, and wanted to kick a bit higher, though she didn't. "LET HER GO!" Nikki spat.
Nikki Lestrange
Nikki Lestrange

Number of posts : 6103
Special Abilities : Legilimency, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top