Grand Party - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Grand Party - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Grand Party

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grand Party - Page 7 Empty Re: Grand Party

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:52 pm

Mariana was dancing with Alester as some unknown boy walked up to her looking at her like he was going to kill her. He definetly wasn't on the guest list. Party breaker.. she thought as she looked up at her cousin taking a step back. This was not good. "Cover up!!" she called out pulling Derek and Monet behind her since he and his sister seemed the most young ones on this party. "Protego Total!" she said standing in front of everyone looking around gesturing to Potter's Army members and other people to take defence positions on the way only they could notice it. "May i please see your invitations?" she asked sarcasticly to get time.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Potter1 Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Lily jumped at Mariana's sudden change in posture, her hand unconciously fluttering to her wand in the small bag at her side. She was small and redhead, so it was easy but still difficult to slide through the crowd and toward her brother and Rose feeling the need to stick with her family for once.

She wasn't going to leave yet and miss all the fun, no matter how small she was. Well and the fact she had the real urge ot hex someone if needed. But that was her blasted Weasley genes coming out again. Not that she minded at the moment.

[OOC: Lily can be caught, note she's third year but also a Potter which I guess really draws attention to her. Up to you.]
Lily Potter1
Lily Potter1

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:08 pm

"Oh, my invitation. I had no idea we needed such writs. I certainly hope that this will suffice," James replied in mock gallantry, as whipped out his wand, the word EXPELLIARMUS! dancing across his lips. He had no idea how much he missed the prospect of a real battle. The boredom that had been egging at him washed away beneath a wave of reckless abandon, as he twirled about casting Expelliarmus in every which way. The resounding clacks of wand against floor could barely be heard over the building panic. Students began to rush through the open door, but the Imperium Squad members that weren't present were likely outside. James, however, collected himself as the panic ensued. Of course. He needed to stay calm. Just take out Mariana Diggory. And as many students as one could. But James wasn't here to bring out blood.

No.. he wasn't supposed to do that.

Boring! Lash out! Strike 'em all down!
No James. Save it for later. You'll need your strength!
Voices began to resound in his head, as he entered a defensive position. He would not need his wand if no one could see him... right? He looked Mariana Diggory in the eyes, this time calm and in control. "I wonder... if you remember this little trick..." he muttered to her, having the strangest feeling that she could at least read his lips.

"Aquifors! Incendio!" he cast at the floor, so that the two spells would collide. The ensuing smog began to engulf the room. James' eyes adjusted quickly to his new smokescreen. He clapped his hands and ran his real one across the forearm of the Alchemic arm. It transmutated into an clear-blue object, which seemed to be pulsing with electricity. Enough to stun a human being about the size of, well, a first year. He had to be careful with such a dangerous object. The electricity would only course between his index and little fingers. So, he could only stun someone if he made the "Rock-and-roll-fist" sign.

James formed the sign awkwardly. But his goal was clear. Through physical contact, and by using a force other than magic, he could pass through most magical barriers. Now... all he had left to do was find a target. A figure emerged from the smokescreen, coming straight at him. James lashed out at the figure, and felt the short burst of energy pulse through the child's body. James cast a hasty Tergeo to ascertain the identity of the person he had just- if you'd excuse the vocabulary- tazed.

Frank Longbottom. Breathing, alive, and unconscious.
Yup, James could deal with that.
The Tazer Arm- One of the more creative forms of James' Alchemic arm. As a source of nearly limitless energy, the alchemic arm serves as a conduit for James' electric nodes.

((PS: Happy Frank?))
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:49 pm

Alester assumed a defensive position next to Mariana; he was not going to allow the uninvited to have all the fun. He watched as the expelliarmus charm quickly and effectively disarmed most of the remaining dissidents. His smirk widened curving both sides of his lips maniacally. The haze of steam was refreshing and he called forth three additional tarot; nice thing about having a medium that was bound to you; it couldn't be taken by force with such a basic charm as the disarming expelliarmus.

He conjured a sword of finest silver with a handle and hilt wrapped with thick woven cording. He was no uninitiated and he heard the distinct crackle of an elemental mage wielder of electricity...and he wanted to be ready. He was no typical magick-kind he fought more with melee hand to hand techniques and it pleased him there might be another with likeminded tendencies here. His eyes had gone charcoal now, with only a ring of blue around them, total control and ready to fight. He whipped his robes off and stuffed them into his pockets shrinking them without thinking much about it save they would be in the way. He had an advantage, he had thick rubber soled boots and his sword, come and get me he thought.

He saw Mariana and a group forming around her, her own group apparently... nice- well he needn't play protector then.. instead he moved away from her giving her a lslightly sinister look that said he was on her side. He then disappeared using the screen of steam to concal his movements while listening for his opponent..who had a disadvantage of using his electricity which hummed distinctively and gave his location away... cat and mouse? he thought.

((Alester simply could never forgive himself if he did not go down without a fight, seeing as he is 18 now and not entirely certain why he is still a student in the first place..save for ministry sanction requiring him to test out of the institution of their choice... So come and play with the big boys James... a duel if you will-- I may or may not let you win!))
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:34 am

((It does not matter whether you let me win or lose- a duel's a duel. The last man standing wins.))

James held his breath patiently. He grabbed the collar of Longbottom and dragged him to the nearest wall, eyes scanning the smokescreen for anyone who was crazy enough for hand to hand combat. Or was it the other way. James gripped his wand, fending off the occasional spell that flew his way. He jumped back into his defensive position as he turned to the area he had left vacant. There was a new sillohoute. Taller than him, but that never deterred James Wake before. James inhaled sharply, and rushed at his new target, wand in real arm, and fake arm raised to take the brunt of any attack sent his way.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:44 am

((I'm volunteering to get captured, though you'll have to do it quick.))

Keith had already though up about a half a dozen snarky replies to his sister's comment, but before he could finish debating whether to insult the fact she was standing alone or the fact that her mascara made her look like a raccoon, he was quite rudely interrupted. By the Imperium squad.

"Jesus!" Keith shouted, throwing himself into an overdramatic roll, taking him well and away from any attacks. He saw Mariana rally a defensive, but knew it was hopeless. If he fought, he'd only get in more trouble when the Headmaster eventually hunted them down. It was better to cut your losses and run like hell.

He popped to his feet and was off like a shot, weaving through the now panicking crowd with an easy grace and nimbleness that someone so young could summon without a second thought. He squeezed himself through spaces most people would've found inaccessible, quickly working his way towards the front. At one point he even grabbed a random fifth year and threw them in front of a spell that was coming his way.

Keith was ruthless, you might say, but he got results.

The door was right in front of him now, he only had a few more feet to go. The wide open spaces of the hallways was his domain, someplace he was able to dodge spells freely, and wasn't trapped by a horde of bodies. If he got into the open air he could be gone in the blink of an eye.

Only a few more feet...
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:56 am

Sammy smiled up at Keegan as he left with Mari, Sophia, and some familour boy. It only took her a few minutes to realize where she had seen this boy before. She then put it in her head to remember to tell Sophia and Keegan about this boy. Put just as they got back with the food an odd boy desided to interupt the party. At first Sammy thought that he was just going to be a nunsence and then leave, but when the spells started flying and Mari took charge, Sammy knew that something was different and bad. So she took her rank next to Mari, pulling out her wand and pressing her braclet so that Sophia knew about the danger. This was a system that Sophia and her had to let each other know that they where in danger. But this was the first time that she had to actually use it. Once the smoke covered the room, Sammy was thankful for her vampire eyes. She could see better than the normal human in the dark, but still not as good as cats. Sammy then waited for the intruders to come at her while she fended of spells, protecting the younger kids.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:57 am

((Keith, since you volunteered to be captured, I am going to do a little bit of god-modding, but not a lot. If you want me to change anything, please let me know.))

If there was a last place on Earth Amelia wanted to be at this moment, this was it.

This mission had, of course, not been her idea. It seemed more and more lately that she was involved in things that were not her idea, nor things she would have done if left to her own devices. With her parents bearing down on her about choosing a life path, finding a suitable boy to date (this was mostly her mother, of course), her teachers expecting her to do well in their classes, and the headmaster having her at his beck and call, Amelia seemed to have lost all ability to plan any series of events for herself without having them interrupted by someone else’s instructions.

But although this hadn’t been her scheme, Amelia was exceedingly good at following orders. Afterall, she had spent most of her childhood in a house where you did what you were told or you got out. Her brother had chosen the latter, but Amelia had never had the courage. She was too intent on pleasing her parents and living up to everyone’s expectations, including those of the headmaster, who had sent her here in the first place.

While her fellow Imperium Squad members had rushed the room of requirement, Amelia had taken a different approach to the instructions. The room beyond the tapestry was bound to be filled with people – a situation Amelia wasn’t overtly fond of in the first place – and besides that, with hexes and jinxes flying about, she was equally likely to be hit by friendly fire as by an “opponent” – if you could call them that. Amelia didn’t have any sort of personal vendetta against these students, but was rather carrying out the one the headmaster seemed to have.

So instead, Amelia had chosen to linger just outside the passage to the room of requirement as James and Hafiz entered, causing – from the sound of it – a ruckus to rival that of the quidditch matches. She could hear James firing curses in every direction, which she almost expected as he seemed to be the very image of the headmaster when it came to these sorts of things. His level of intelligence really belied a more ingenious approach to this situation, but boys will be boys.

It was only a matter of time before some of the students headed for the door, and when they did, the bottleneck of being able to get out of the room would leave them to face Amelia one on one, or at least as close to that as one could come under these circumstances. Hearing footsteps approaching, Amelia clutched her wand tighter in her hand and squared her shoulders, her back flat against the wall in order to surprise whoever happened to be making a run for it.

As soon as the shoulders and head of the runaway were through the door, Amelia stepped squarely in front of him to block his path. This stopped the individually in his tracks, and though he made an attempt at dodging past her, Amelia was not without physical agility, and her wand was enough to bring the boy’s face up to hers, and at once she recognized the person whom she had just caught trying to escape.

“Keith,” Amelia said, trying to be stern but also unwilling to curse him without giving him a fair chance. Although she was more than capable of it, Amelia disliked using her magical abilities to best her classmates; that was exactly the purpose of this mission, but the headmaster had failed to detail exactly how she was to catch the party-goers. It was this lack of explanation that left Amelia just the tiniest bit of leeway in how she would choose to deal with the first year who happened, every now and again, to pop up in her life.

“You have exactly five seconds from the end of this sentence to give me your wand, Keith,” Amelia said, her voice low to avoid the attention of her fellow Imperium Squad members, who very well might have been near enough to the door to witness what was occurring, though she hoped it wasn’t the case, “I don’t want to hurt you, but don’t doubt that I can.”

She was giving him an option, but she knew he wouldn’t see it that way. Keith was young and stubborn, and he wasn’t likely to realize that Amelia was doing the best she could with the situation at hand. Amelia wasn’t heartless, as many in this school believed her to be. She was practical, and in this case, there was no reason to waste energy on hexing a first year boy into oblivion, especially since he was one of the only people in her house who she could say she had actually had some semblance of a conversation with.

“Five…” Amelia said, reminding Keith of the seriousness of his situation as she held his gaze, looking down from her height to where he stood below her, wishing for what seemed like the thousandth time that she had never been invited to join the damned Imperium Squad.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:05 am

Sophia was coming back from the kitchen back to the Room of Requirements when she felt a burning tingling feeling on her left wrist. "Ow!"Sophia said dropping her food and looking at her left wrist as she process and realize it was the signal her and Sammy used when they were in trouble. Running towards the Room of Requirements she ran pass the wall three times thinking. 'I need to get in there my friends are in trouble'. As the door appeared she entered to find spells flying everywhere. Helping Sammy and Mari she put the younger kids behind her and pointed her wand at James. "Stupefy, leave the younger students out of this James there defendless and innocent!" said Sophia glaring at him with her black eyes.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:11 pm

Alester heard the crackle of electricity coming closer and sure enough there was a figure rushing him out of the haze. Full on frontal assault, interesting tactic; he allowed the boy's momentum to bring him right up in front of him before he sidestepped twisting around to give a slashing blow with his sword. It looked as if this guy had a magicked appendage, silver on silver there were certain to be sparks flying and with that electrical charge already at the fingertips; and interesting trick to be certain, Alester was certain to enjoy a light show.

His black eyes shone with excitement flashing silvery again as he entered the battle. He listened for the telltale clang of metal on metal to determine his counterattack... Star card forefront and ready to cast the diversionary tactic he had planned.

((I merely meant that I may or may not try to escape or best you-- I could falter, or I could try to succeed-- in Rp we all have choices... and I may choose to let you capture me or choose to fight it out... seemingly the latter for now -grin- That is how to let you win or not... sorry I like this prospect of fighting it out... it amuses me greatly!))
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top