N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 7 - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 7 - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 7

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 7

Post by James William Wilson Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Wilson raised his head to observe the two Slythering girls come in. ''Traverse, lovely to see you after so much time. Longbottom seems to take too much of your time. I should have a word with him.'', he commented. ''You proceed with the task, ask some of your peers what you need to do. And you girl, who are you? Have we met before?'', he asked Suzzanah.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:58 pm

James William Wilson wrote:Wilson waved his hand and the pieces returned to Mariana's desk. ''Good, Diggory, good. But there is one little thing... I asked you to cut the block, not to make it explode and kill half the classroom. But, I guess it is enough. Now, your second task is a little tougher.'', he said. He waved his hand once again, and the block turned into a piece of meat. ''You will be preparing my lunch for today. Use the spell and cut the meat into several pieces that I can cook and eat later. The third task will be the toughest and it will not have anything to do with my meals.'', he commented.

"Well you are still alive so i guess i am not that lucky.." she smirked to the Professors comment like that was precisely what she wanted to do. She pointed her wand at the meat knowing to cut it precisely would require her normal use of hands which was a bit tough to successed. She pointed the wand in the middle of the thing she was supposed to cut. "Sectumsempra!" she said slightly trying to use less force she could. The meat cut itself though not in the way she expected it. In two pieces, but not equal. "Oh well he never said it had to be equal. she thought shrugging her shoulders.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:38 am

Sophia nodded and did what she was suppose to do which was chop the wooden block in half. " ''Sectumsempra"said Sophia the first time as it just left a chip in the wooden block. "Ok maybe I need more fierce like I do when I use it in battling!"Sophia thought to herself. ''Sectumsempra!" said Sophia loudly and with more fierce as the wooden block chopped in half. "Well that was good, now if I can chop his meat without any problem I'll be good!"Sophia thought to herself as she looked at the meat and focused on chopping it in many pieces. Sophia looked at Mari's meat and smiled. "Hey look on the bright side, at lease you chopped it."said Sophia softly. "You can always use the spell again to chop it into more pieces."said Sophia softly. " ''Sectumsempra!" said Sophia as it not only cut her meat into pieces it cutted through her desk seeing how the effect was so fierce. "Oops, sorry professor to much fierce and force behind it."said Sophia pointing her wand at her desk. "Reparo!"said Sophia as her desk went back to the way it was.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:49 am

''Nah, do not worry about the desks. The Ministry pays for them, so... do with them what you want. And... good job you two... I shall have lunch for a few days now. Just have to put the meat into the freezer.'', he said. He then waved his had at two paper balls and transfigured them into Cornish pixies. ''Now, you two... eliminate your pixies.'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:06 am

Alester watched the spell being cast and listened to the explanations carefully. He wanted to succeed in this class and new spells were always handy. He drew the ace of swords from his deck and faced it to the wooden block; Sectumsempra he said firmly without tone or inflection. The board split into two as if carved by a scimitar. Alester jumped a little at the blow as he had not been expecting to feel the force of the action as it went throuogh the wood. He paused to observe others in the room and took cues from their attempts; not enough force and the cut wasn't effective; too much and it could cause explosive force...facts he stored away for future use.

On to the second task; there seemed to be sandwich materials for the Professor's lunch as the second, so Alester called the fool from his deck and cinjured a nice wedge of Havarti cheese as a balance for the meat several other students had used. It was firm and would offer an excellent cutting surface. He placed the fool back into the deck and raised the ace of swords again, he concentrated to get the force correct, Sectumsempra There were now two rectangular wedges of cheese, but not sliced for a sandwich... His brow furrowed as he concentrated, the force was right, but the aim needed to be adjusted; he made several gestures towards one half of the cheese block and repeated the command each time and the block sliced into several irregular slices of cheese. Acceptable for use, but not perfect. This was a spell he planned to practice more at home.

He took a moment from his concentration to note the third level of the task; too bad they weren't real, Cornish Pixies were a nuisance and he thought it would be quite amusing to know this spell to dispose of them next time he had the misfortune of encountering them. He looked at the Professor waiting for him to toss him a paper pixie... would it be rude to accio one for himself he pondered?
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:19 pm

''Cheese, Crowley? A fine addition. I just hope it is eatable. Now, your pixie.''. he said, waving his hand and transforming the paper ball into a pixie.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:02 pm

James William Wilson wrote:''Nah, do not worry about the desks. The Ministry pays for them, so... do with them what you want. And... good job you two... I shall have lunch for a few days now. Just have to put the meat into the freezer.'', he said. He then waved his had at two paper balls and transfigured them into Cornish pixies. ''Now, you two... eliminate your pixies.'', he said.

Mariana wasn't sure if Professor Wilson meant slice them or make them dissappear so she just pointed her wand at one without planning any effect. "Sectumsempra!!" she said hitting the pixie with a double weaker charm then the last time so she got nerved and pointed it again at the same pixie. "Sectumsempra!!" she said making pixie squeel a bit before he exploded.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:11 am

Alester chuckled at the supposition that his cheese might be inferior for consumption. I assure you, Professor Wilson, Havarti is a fine cheese and this is from my personal stores--I would never suppose to offer you anything less than I myself would eat and I do not settle for second best, sir. His silvery hued turquoise eyes glinted as he accepted the offered paper composed creature. It was av ery good transformation, and he goaded the creature momentarily, This won't hurt long little facsimile, he held the ace of swords up again facing the paper pixie, he judged the amount of force required to slice through paper; sectumsempra, and the paper creature shredded in half with an almost satisfying ripping sound.

Alester scowled and looked at the torn halves. He had misjudged the force too lightly, it had severed but not cleanly. He pulled out the queen of wands and faced her to the ripped pixie, Reparo he said fixing the paper halves back into one creature so he could attempt the spell once again. He tucked the queen on the top of his deck in case he wanted to try again, a fine idea if he did say so.

He faced the ace of swords once again, and a little more firmly commanded, sectumsempra at the paper pixie. This time it sliced neatly in two with barely any sound save a slip of something against the paper akin to a blade. His self satisfied smirk curved his lips triumphantly. He took the moment to observe his classmates progress and consider taking another go for practice.
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:39 am

Julia blushed heavily as he mentioned Frank. "Not exactly, Professor" She chuckled as she smiled to the teacher. No one was supposed to know that she was dating Frank, but now that Professor Wilson let the cat out of the bag she decided to let it go. She looked over to her side as Scorpius' sister, Suzannah, took a seat next to her. She had seen the girl at the D.E. meetings and also around the manor when she went to visit Scorpius. "Excuse me?" She asked gingerly as if she was working with a nuclear bomb, "Um, do you know what we are to be doing?"

(As Suzannah because I don't feel like switching accounts)

Suzannah lifted her head as she heard the teacher address her and ask who she was. "I'm Suzannah Malfoy. I'm quite sure that you are aware of who I am" Everybody is... she thought to herself. She put emphasis on her last name as if it would get her out of losing points or a penalty for being late. Suz began to play with her hair as she mindlessly looked around the room. She was awaken from her daze as she heard Julia talk to her. She had seen Julia around her house and flirting with her brother. She had always thought of Julia as a two-faced whore, but she had to get over it as her brother liked her. "Um, are you talking to me?" Suz said as if she were disgraced. "Figure it out yourself, you have a brain, don't cha?" She asked in an extremely rude tone.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:04 am

''You needn't have cleared the mess up. The paper are not a problem. But the fact that I am missing French fries is.'', he said and turned to Suzannah. ''Girl, if you were Suzannah Luther King, I would not care. I have never seen you before, which actually means that I do not have to know you. It also means that I will not have to know in the future. I evaluate people, not names. Your attitude towards self-promotion and your over-confident attitude towards the strength of your own personality diminishes your chances of getting any respect in this classroom, despite your birth-given surname. But, maybe this was too complex for you.'', he said coldly and contemptuously. ''Miss Traverse, or should I call you Miss Longbottom. He is in my House, connect the dots, you are able to. What you have to do... first, chop the wooden block with the spell. Then, make me some French fries from the potatoes and finally, when you're done with my lunch, you will have to destroy the paper pixie. Not a hard task.'', he said.

''Diggory, Poe... good job, both of you. Thirty points for my House and Hufflepuff and an O for both.'', he added.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top