Working Out in the Fitness Center - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Working Out in the Fitness Center - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Working Out in the Fitness Center

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Working Out in the Fitness Center - Page 2 Empty Re: Working Out in the Fitness Center

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Khaat had spent her first few years of wizarding training in Beauxbatons, so she did know how to move her body with some semblance of control and grace. She did, even, know how to dance, so this was not that far from what she had been taught as a child. Copying the movements and breathing were not difficult for her. She as suprised. What as difficult for her was mastering control of her mind. She was always wound up. Always needing to think, to plan, to be doing something. Never being able to feel like she could let her guard down. And she knew that mind control was just as important as the movements themselves. She got frustrated quickly. "I can't do it," she quit. "I can't stop my mind from racing. It's always on overdrive. I think I"m better running."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Working Out in the Fitness Center - Page 2 Empty Re: Working Out in the Fitness Center

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Steven chuckled "ya got to focuse on something else " he moved to face her "look at me right in my eyes and think of nothing but doing that "he took her hands and with his eyes loking at her he moved them with his own he spoke again softly almost hypnoticly "ya have to close ya mind sometimes in order to understand , to relax , think of an empty room, and of how quiet it is make that your mind and focuse" he said slowly quickening the movements but not so it would harm her as he knew he could go faster himself but knew better than to push it yet.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Khaat was able to do that. That made it easier. The physical part continued to be easy for her. But the mind mastery was an entirely different matter. She always had a list of things she worried about. St. Mungos and what has happening to it while she was on leave. The Wizengamot and the ministry. Rob and Sparks, her teenagers, Mis and her pregnancy and her emotional problems, and then there was always Abbey. She had enough issues in her mind revolving around Abbey to make all of the others put together and dwarf them.

She felt herself failing a second time. "Oh the heck with it." she conjured a cup of french roast. Really frustrated now. Few things ever took her more than a time or two to get the hang of. Well, she had managed it for awhile, bu then her mind wandered onto other things. She had gotten to that mindless place. What was the Eastern term for it? Mindfulness? It was always such an oxymoronic term. Mindfulness depended upon one being able to completely empty one's mind altogether. She had managed it for a moment or two, but then it was gone. Her reality had crept back in upon her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Steven stopped seeing her with the cup nd shook her head "you always such a defetest, caffine ait good for you or that baby. " he asked grinning hoping she would confront him "well ya gonna spar or not " he asked knowing "ow no magic , this is pysical only" he stood waiting for her his hands on his hips his chest already glistened from his warm up but now he was up to somthing abit more challanging , if she was , he would keep it low key so not to hurt her .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Khaat was never afraid of a fight. She didn't know martial arts, but in a fistfight, she could usually hold her own. ANd she was, ordinarily, small enough and light and agile. That usually meant she could dodge a great deal. However, she was keenly aware that his martial arts were quite different. She expected to be put on her butt. "Um..Sure," she said, getting a big swig from her coffee cup first. She set the cup on the floor up against the treadmill with her waterbottle. "Okay. Bring it," she looked at him, the green flecks in her violet eyes lighting up almost like little fires, like they always did when she was gearing up.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:15 pm

stevenchuckled as she said for him to bring it walking forward he looked at her then with a quick movent he swiped his leg under her taking out hers and making ehr land on the mats as he tstood over her "ya got to expect the unexpected" he grinned as he held out his had to her "calm outer yet thinking always underneath".
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:45 pm

She got up quickly, and grabbed his arm and twisted it up high behind his back. She knew he could get out of it if he really wanted to. She merely wanted to make her point that she wasn't a pushover. "Sort of like this?" she laughed. She also knew if she pulled any harder on his arm, she'd break it. When she was in a fighting mood, she had an amazingly strong grip. Her memories of sparring with Remus were coming back into her mind. Remus wanted her to be able to hold her own in a fight, no matter what kind of fight it was.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:04 pm

holding her hand as he held his arm he turned reversing the hold so he now held her but quickly let go stepping back as he smiled at her "yeah , seems i underestamated ya "he grinned rubbing his shoulder "ya strong , who ya trainned with?" he asked knowing now she must have trainned to do that move. He stood for a moment then moving back forward he took her arm twisting ehr over his leg he held her as he lowered her to the floor. " ya need to learn how to fall if were to go on or w could take as tep back to the ti che and ya could try again."
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:12 pm

"Remus. He was determined I would not easily be beaten in any sort of brawl. At that time, he wasn't married, and he didn't believe he was ever going to have kids, let alone a woman who accepted him because of his curse. So, he treated me like the daughter he never had. And he pretty much raised me. My parents let him do it because Remus and I were so very much alike. I don't know if you were around Hogwarts when Remus was a professor there. He was truly an exceptional man," she said, her deep love for him something she could show now without the grief attached nearly as much. "I wish he had lived to see Abbey. He would have been so proud."

"But enough about that. I'm sure Rob would be pleased if you showed me how to not hurt myself when I fell. Especially since it won't be long before I can't see my feet without sort of curling in half to see if they're still there. He would much rather I not go into labor early because I fell or something. That might be a very, very good thing."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:24 pm

steven moved to sit on the mat "well i can tell you about them then maybe later take ya threw them " he said lokign at her "first you have the UKEMI tha is in two positions , then the backwards Aikido ukemi it is characterized by the circular movement or fashion that is similar to the conventional somersault.finaly Aikido Breakfalls, Breakfalls are usually done when the throw is performed too low or when the throw is too high in altitude to do for a normal somersault ukemi (forward and backward) safely." he said sounding like a teacher than a ranger
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top