The Ministerial Ball - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ministerial Ball - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ministerial Ball

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ministerial Ball - Page 5 Empty Re: The Ministerial Ball

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:52 am

Good, I would hate to keep my date waiting just so I could decide on what to were. Godric was good humored this night. It was his first actual date since a little before he left. And even him and Marco hadn't had a real 'date' so to say. But this innocent American Hufflepuff didn't know the trouble Godric could cause in a place like this. He still had his reputation. He wondered if Matt was here. He hoped he was, but at the same time, was apprehensive at the idea of seeing his old Frienimy. They never did conclued weither or not they were friends or enimies in the end. He hoped they could put there past behind them. But right now, he was just taking in the sight of Zack. Even if Zack had been Veela born, Godric doubted he could have been more hansome.

Well, maybe I'll just have to take you to a party at the Germen Ministry some time. Godric said, without thinking before hand.
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody Aarla Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:59 am

"That would be nice" he said willing to go where ever with godric. He wondered just exactly how high up Godric was when it came to the life of riches and polotics. He also wondered what enemys Godric had made in the past. He thought he could see Sophia around. She was nice to him but he was kinda creeped out that she was a vampire. He wondered if she knew that he knew she was a vampire Not that it wasnt obvious if you knew what to look for.
Cody Aarla
Cody Aarla

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Lestrange Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:09 am

Nikki arrived at the Ministerial Ball. She smiled and then bit her lip. To her, going to balls and dances were the greatest thing ever. So fun and exciting and seems new to her each time. Tonight she wore natural make up, a little bit of perfume and her hair was both curly and straight at the same time. As for her clothes she wore a pretty extravagant dress. It was black and had skinny straps, and a tight fitting kind of boob tube and for the skirt it was puffy with many layers of white and black netty type fabric. As for shoes she had black high heels that showed her big and a little bit of her second toes. She saw her sister and almost ran to her causing her tip, but she didn't, she just ran fast and did tiny tripes because the dress was long. Hello Sis! Nikki smiled and gave her a hug. Looking smokin' hot as always. Nikki winked.

(BY THE WAY, NIKKI IS CLUELESS, SHE DOESN'T KNOW YOU'RE A LESTRANGE OR THAT EMMY'S MISSING SO YOU KNOW)

Last edited by Nikki Granger on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Nikki Lestrange
Nikki Lestrange

Number of posts : 6103
Special Abilities : Legilimency, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Weasley Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:52 am

The Ministerial Ball was probably the only event Jenifer would attend for that year. As much as she loved parties and dancing she preferred if she had a partner or at least a date but once again she was left to try and at least strike up conversation/annoy one of Khaat’s lodgers. Clearly, getting a date wasn’t something she could achieve anymore. This annoyed Jen to no end but she chose to suck up her pride and go to the Ball. Perhaps there she could find someone to dance with.

Jen arrived at the ball and was in complete awe of the improvements made to the Ministry. Although she was out of it for most of the battle, which did annoy her, she was there to see the devastation and had the pleasure of being beaten back by massive pieces of marble. The bruises were still there but it was nothing Glamour Charms couldn’t cover up and she took advantage of it. Everything was more or less restored and although she was fairly sure that it was safe, she still moved around the various statues which had caused her problems and quite a bit of unnecessary pain.

She spotted Khaat instantly and couldn’t help but smirk a little at the dress. Rob’s jaw would probably hit the floor and neither of them would be seen for the rest of the night. Jen just hoped he would at least be tactile but then again, it was her brother and he had next to no tact. Jen made her way over and smiled at the Lupins before settling her gaze on Khaat. She did look good and Jen was impressed – even if she hated to think it she didn’t have to say it out loud. Compliments went far indeed. She was just looking forward to her brother’s response.

“Pregnant women shouldn’t look this delectable, Khaat.” Jen laughed. “It should be some sort of crime that Aurors can arrest for. But, on the plus side, Rob is helping Eli and Amadora is helping Fauve so I am fairly sure they’ll be coming as a group. That little one is quite pretty when she’s not running around covered in something. I don’t know how that idiot keeps up with her.”
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:25 am

"Thank you," Khaat said, feeling that the dress had been a blatant dare. She wasn't used to wearing something that glamourous. "This dress felt very risky. But I love yours! It's perfect. You look beautiful. You won't have any trouble getting attention from the guys tonight. And probably a lot of it. Actually, I chose it for Rob. I was dressing for him. Shows, huh? Well, maybe he'll notice. I think Fauve is wonderful. I hope Abbey turns out half as well. Eli is a wonderful father. When I watch them together I see how mature he can be and how very much he loves her. If Abbey feels that much love from us, she will be a very blessed child indeed."

She changed subjects on her. "So how are the bruises? Still painful? I see there are some other people who look a bit batttle worn as well. But for some reason, no one seems to mind tonight. It shows how much people will rally to something they believe in. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:58 am

Ministerial Balls weren’t something Eli enjoyed. Any social events were lost on him and he just took them as opportunities to ruin the Krum family name. But he had a good feeling about this one and although Rob, Fauve, Dora and himself would be sort of going together as a group they would all probably branch off at some point. Well, Fauve wouldn’t but it would be good for Dora if she did. Eli would just keep his eyes on the little girl who would become overly excited by the prospect of dancing.

Rob stuck his head around the frame of Eli’s bedroom door and grinned wickedly. “Look at you! How clean and cheerful do you look?” He asked, stepping inside as he tied his tie underneath his collar.
“Incredibly.” Eli chuckled, as he tried to flatten his hair. “Have you seen Fauve?”
“Dora has her. They’re a right pair those two. She’s going to get that poor redhead into loads of trouble.”
“Can’t wait.” Eli laughed.

A while later, the four of them Apparated to the Ministry. Dora paired up with Fauve and Rob took Eli. Once they arrived it was only Fauve that seemed to be really in awe of the place. She was wearing a little black dress with white polka dots. Eli knew that only she could pick a dress out like that but it suited her. Her long dark locks had been curled and Dora seemed to have done a really good job. Eli kissed Dora’s cheek in thanks and the four of them made their way into the Ministry ballroom.

Rob spotted Khaat right away and as predicted his jaw nearly hit the floor. Only when Fauve giggled did he snap out of it and turn to see the two teenagers looking at him with matching grins. Rob rolled his eyes and walked over to where his sister, his wife and his in-laws were stood. Fauve was behind him and she looked as if she was dancing. Eli shook his head and held his arm out for Dora to take before leading her over to their group.

“Look, before anyone asks, yes I was the one that dragged Rob here.” Eli boasted with a smirk. Fauve snorted in a very unladylike manner but grinned all the same. Eli could feel Dora laughing beside him and he shook his head before scooping Fauve up. “You all look great.” He complimented and threw a sideward glance at Rob who had snuck up behind Khaat and wrapped his arms around her waist. Fauve giggled again and Eli rolled his eyes. What a night this would be.

OOC: Watch me godmod all of my characters into one place! Lol, sorry if that bothers anyone but it needed to be done.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Elijah Krum on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:47 pm

OOC: Well, I did the same thing. lol

Khaat laughed when Rob wrapped himself around her. She reached up and caressed his cheek. She was so glad he was there. She turned to see him looking incredibly handsome and sexy in an expertly tailored tux, and it was one of her favorite looks for him. "You are really incredibly handsome. You know that?" She said softly, kissing him slowly. "Sorry I didn't get to come here with you. It seems I'm always working anymore. So, how did the kids do getting here? Looks like you and Jen had everything well in hand. You are going to be such an awesome dad. Can I persuede you to maybe just take a walk with me? Maybe a dance a little later?"

Khaat looked over at Eli and Fauve who seemed to be a lot like Cinderella at the ball, totally fascinated with all the glamour and festivities. "Fauve, you look just like a princess," Khaat smiled, stroking her cheek lovingly. "And you are very handsome tonight, Eli. Perfect tux. And Dora, I don't know when I've seen you look more beautiful. You're just lovely tonight. I am so glad you're all here. Now go have a good time. All of you." Then she latched onto Rob's hand. "Except you. You're stuck with me."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:56 pm

Jess looked up and saw Khaat enter. He grinned and strode over to her, embracing her in a friendly hug. "Khaat!" He said with a smile, "I'm so glad you could make it." he told her, taking a step back to take a look at her. "My lord you're getting big," he said with a grin, meaning the pregnant stomach of course. "And welcome," he said to jennifer, waving to her with a warm demeanour. "Pleasure to meet you." he told her with a smile. "And Rob!" He said, implying both of them mentally, "glad you could make it, glad you could make it." he said with a smile
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Weasley Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Khaat was right about the bruises. They were a great pain for her and the healing salve didn’t help. She just placed a few glamours on them and tried to not walk into things which was difficult because she was quite clumsy. She had, in the last few days, collected some more bruises to go with the others but they weren’t nearly as bad. “I wouldn’t have come.” Jen said honestly. “But I felt I had to show my face no matter my condition. I fear that the bruises are as stubborn as the person that they mark.” She laughed a little and shook her head.

She looked up to see Jess Potter walk over and couldn’t help but smile a little to herself. He was very handsome but she was shattered and there would be no flirting going on until she’d perked up a bit which would be in a glass of wine’s time. She wanted to get dancing and would probably have to drag her brother out there before he and Khaat disappeared into one of the brooms closets. “Good Evening Jess.” Jen said brightly, her smile lighting up her entire face. “The Ministry looks so much better now. The less flying marble around the better I suppose.”

She laughed a little uneasily at that and her hand went up to brush her arm. Marble was something she definitely wouldn’t have in her house when she finally bought one and decided to settle down. Anything but marble would be fine. “Oh and call me Jen, Jenny – whatever. Jenifer ... well it just sounds as if I am being scolded for thieving from a cookie jar.”
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:25 pm

Keith hit the ground with a thud, spinning dizzily for a few minutes before falling to his knees and throwing up.

"I hate portkeys." He muttered to himself, removing the towel he had tucked into his collar before grabbing onto the old cooking pot. It had acted as a makeshift bib, stopping any of the throw up from ruining his tux. Keith honestly couldn't care less about the state of the stupid thing, but his parents did. And that was all that really mattered, wasn't it? He wiped the edges of his mouth and tossed the towel in the trash can, yawning and wishing he could loosen this noose tie from around his neck.

He stepped into the Ministry, nodding approvingly at the new decorations. Glancing around, he tried to zero in on anyone he knew, a process which faired miserably. Keith shrugged, and grinned. There was always the refreshments table. Pumpkin juice, here I come!
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top