Charms Newt - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Charms Newt - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Charms Newt

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charms Newt - Page 5 Empty Re: Charms Newt

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:39 pm

"You can Join us Arthur!" he said smiling. "The More the Merrier!" he exclaimed. Be down at the Quidditch Pitch at seven tonight. Make sure you have your wands, and have eaten. We could be out there for quite some time!" he finished.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:23 am

Belle sighed and turned to Christy, "Do you think he even heard us?" She asked quietly as she watched the Professor interact with the other two students. "I suppose if he doesn't we can always ask Arthur before he heads out. Study date maybe?" She asked Christy, as both of them had the same goal...to stay on top of everything and get through the year.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:22 am

"I don't think so either." she said looking at Belle, "Its either that or he's blatantly ignoring me which I don't find amusing in the slightest since I'm trying to find out what we missed." She sighed and ran a hand through her hair, "I'm up for a study date as long as you are. I can't afford to fall behind in my classes again."
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:47 am

Belle nodded, "Yeah I know what you mean. I fell behind enough when I fell ill and then with the planning of the wedding. We still haven't gone on our honeymoon because I need to get caught up first." Belle shook her head and decided to try once more. "Pardon me Professor, but might we have a moment of your time please?"
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:29 am

Amelia was astounded when, while waiting for the verdict of the professor, Arthur appeared beside her and made a plea for the professor to go easier on Amelia. After everything the Ravenclaw girl had ever done to him - her passive agressiveness, the eye rolls when he spoke, up to and including immobilizing him in a classroom full of his peers - there he was, standing beside her, and defending her when he could have been gloating at the victory of Amelia having earned a detention.

Why doesn't he celebrate my misfortune? Amelia wondered, knowing that if the roles were reversed, she might not be so kind. Although she tried to read in Arthur’s expression some hint of motive for doing this, she could find none. He seemed shockingly sincere, though Amelia could not imagine from where that stemmed.

There’s got to be something in it for him, Amelia thought to herself, though she could think of nothing. But whatever the reason, his logic seemed to appeal to Professor Gibbs, who returned her house points but did not succumb on the point of her detention. When she found out she would be receiving target practice as her punishment, Amelia had to suppress the urge to roll her eyes. Amelia did not need target practice. She had made only one mistake! Yes, her hand-eye coordination had kept her from playing most sports, but she could aim a wand.

But there was no use in arguing this. She should consider herself lucky to have gained back the house points and escape with some scrap of dignity. The same might not be said for her detention, though, considering she would apparently be having an audience, judging by the brief exchange between Professor Gibbs and her sudden knight-in-shining-tin-foil Arthur Severus Poe.

Having reached the door with her classmate and professor, Amelia knew better than to argue about Arthur accompanying her to the quidditch pitch tonight. Despite his valorous intervention, Amelia was still not overly fond of the Gryffindor boy, and certain did not want him around to witness the humiliation of her experiencing her first ever detention. But Amelia did not believe in fighting battles she couldn’t win – at least when she could help it, and thus she stepped through the door which Professor Gibbs had held open, turning back to address both he and Arthur.

“Quidditch pitch, seven tonight,” Amelia repeated, still sounding quite contrite after being reprimanded and punished. She hesitated for a moment before adding the next bit, straining as it was to say it aloud, but respect demanded it.

“And thanks,” she muttered, giving a curt nod in Arthur’s direction. He probably deserved a more heartfelt thanks, but Amelia just couldn’t muster it. She was fiercely independent and didn’t like the idea of being saved by someone she could barely tolerate. With a small half-smile, Amelia gave one last nod to the professor and turned to walk down the hallway toward the stairs which would lead her to Ravenclaw tower, where she could replay the scene from today’s class over and over again, wondering what went wrong.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:32 am

Arthur walked between Amelia and professor Gibbs, slowly and calmly. He was extremely satisfied now that he had achieved his goal - minimize Amelia's punishment. Still he was, extremely calm and he did not show any sign of emotion. She exited first and turned to him.

“And thanks'', she said and nodded. She quickly left after that, but he was satisfied. He smiled. He knew this was not easy for her and that she probably had a lot on her mind regarding this case, especially his defense. This was unexpected, even by his standards, and he knew what he was going to do. But, to summarize, he was satisfied... he worked Amelia a smaller punishment and yet again managed to be near her.

He turned to the professor and smiled. ''Thank you, professor and see you tonight.'', he said shaking the professor's hand. He bowed slightly, greeted the professor and exited from the classroom, going down the stairs to the Great Hall.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top