Charms Newt - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Charms Newt - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Charms Newt

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charms Newt - Page 4 Empty Re: Charms Newt

Post by Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:09 pm

OoC:Alice, could you edit to have two elvis's please? I am doing this post as so.

Gibb's class was becoming a ruckus! He pulled out his wand and sent a large bang in the air. He froze all the pixies and nodded to Christabelle. "It better Not Ms.Whittle!" he said. "Alright, Amelia! I saw that. That's 10 points from Ravenclaw and a detention. 7 o'clock tonight meet me down at the lake!" he said angrily. He pointed his wand at Arthur who was frozen on the ground and unfroze him. "Mr.Poe, I hope you weren't too hurt!" he said looking at Amelia. "Alright, there is a tie and since Ms.Lyons cursed Mr.Poe she will not be getting her points." he said taking a deep breath. "Alright, since Mr.Poe has gained enough points for today. Ms.Taylor earns 20 points to Slytherin " He said clapping his hands. "Alright, class dismissed!" He said loudly waving his wand and making the pixies zoom back into their cage. He changed the Elvis's back to Pixies and they followed suit with the others. "Except for you Ms.Lyons!" he added. "And You Mr.Poe!" he said returning to his desk. Last time he would have a practical lesson for some time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:42 pm

Christy was grateful she wasn't in too much trouble. "Professor, since I came at the end of class might I find out what exactly we were learning today so I will know what to study tonight?" she asked curiously. She wasn't too worried about studying charms since they were her best subject but she at least wanted to know what was covered.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:53 pm

Amelia cringed when she heard the professor shouting her name, obviously having caught her at the precise moment she was wishing his attention was diverted elsewhere. Because she was a good student, she thought she might receive a small slap on the wrist; it had been an accident, afterall. But instead, this new professor seemed to from 0 to 60 in about five seconds and slapped her with a loss of house points and a detention all in one blow.

Shocked, Amelia stood gaping at the professor for a moment, processing what had just occurred. Amelia had never in her life received detention. She was a model student, always did as she was told, and never, ever earned the scorn of any professor. But try as she might to figure out a way around what the professor had said, there was no denying it: Amelia Lyons had just earned her first Hogwarts detention.

Red in the face with embarrassment, Amelia made sure to avoid Arthur's gaze as she obliged the professor's instructions to stay behind. He had taken a seat at his desk, and Amelia approached him slowly, not able to make eye contact until she was standing right on the edge of the heavy oak desk.

"I apologize, sir," she said sincerely. It would have been difficult to be anything aside from sincere at this moment, though she sounded embarrassed as well, "It was not my intention to hit Mr. Poe. I mistimed my spell," she explained, knowing full well that the professor was unlikely to take back the detention, but she still felt as though she had to justify her actions.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:34 am

Belle had been about to ask the professor that same thing, but Christy beat her to it. "And myself as well Professor. I would like to keep up to date even with being late today sir." She said when the class had finally gained some order from the pixies.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Arthur packed his things, left his bag and went to the professor's desk. He looked at Amelia and smiled. ''Thank you for your concern professor, I am fine. Although I am not sure why you wanted me to stay, I wanted to speak to you, nevertheless.'', he said and smiled to the professor. ''With all due respect professor, I would like to issue a small plea from my person. As the guilty side, I would like you to reverse your decision and not give Amelia detention and return the points you have taken. With all due respect, I am certain that the incident was an accident (he looked at Amelia symbolically at this point and then returned his view to the professor) and that her intention was not to hit me but rather the pixie that was floating above my head. As the guilty party here I would much appreciate it if you listened to my proposal. She is a brilliant student, someone who is very calm and rational and I doubt that she would to something stupid during class... intentionally. She is far too intelligent to make such an infantile mistake. With all due respect professor, it would be much appreciated.'', he said very calmly.

Although Amelia might not believe it, this was a sincere speech and he truly meant what he said, He used his position as the guilty party a little to get some extra points, but he did not want her to suffer. Although he was not a 100% certain that it was all unintentional, he still did not want her to suffer. This was a childish prank and whether it was intentional or not, he did not get angry at her nor did he want to see her suffer.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Mariana stood up and started packing her books.She did manage to imobilize a couple of pixies after she woke up from taking a little nap on the class. Though she was lucky Professor didn;t notice that one.Amelia got a detention but Arthur was trying to take care of it so she just put her backpack and turned to leave. "Bye Professor.." she added as she walked out of the classroom.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien de Ramiére Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:16 pm

OoC: Okay.

Alice nodded and took her things. "Good bye, professor," she said and walked out.
Darien de Ramiére
Darien de Ramiére
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 601
Special Abilities : Parseltongue, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:17 pm

"Well, I don't know Arthur..." he said looking at him the Amelia. "Alright, I'll take it a bit easier on you Amelia!" he said. "I'll return the points but you will still receive the detention!" he said standing up. "Well, more or less you'll receive a target practice session!" he added chuckling. "And Arthur, I'm glad you are alright!" he said shutting his briefcase. He started towards the door holding it out for them, "Hope you don't think I'm too harsh." he added looking at them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:24 pm

Arthur smiled. ''Thank you professor, much appreciated. And no, you are not too harsh, definitely. Professor Wilson would have probably given her a months detention for doing something like that to a student, but he rarely gives out detentions.'', he commented and looked at Amelia. ''Professor, would you mind if I stay and see how she does her target practice? That is, if she does not mind.'', he asked.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:38 pm

"Professor, whenever you're finished with Arthur and Amelia do you think you could inform Belle and I on what we've missed today?" she asked curiously. "I think we both would like to stay as on top of our lessons as possible despite our tardiness to the class itself." It was the best she could do for now and hope that the professor could tell them.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top