Charms Newt - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Charms Newt - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Charms Newt

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charms Newt - Page 2 Empty Re: Charms Newt

Post by Amelia Lyons Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:51 am

As the classroom filled, Amelia continued to keep her eyes averted from both her classmates and the new professor. She wasn't particluarly keen on conversation this morning - not that she ever had a particular fondness for it with most of her peers - and she managed to avoid any major conversation points until the class itself began.

The professor was far more chipper than she would have preferred at this time of the morning, but she didn't exactly get the option of picking. Instead, Amelia made an effort to avoid rolling her eyes and closed the book she had been reading recreationally in favor of her textbook. The question posed by the professor was not exactly addressed in the book, but Amelia had heard of it before, though she was wary of giving an answer.

Is that even a real spell? she thought, remembering having read somewhere that it was not exactly effective, or at least that the effects of it had been greatly exaggerated. Instead of giving a know-it-all answer, Amelia chose to give a literal definition that could not be challenged and see where it got her.

"Homorphus," Amelia said, raising her voice from her desk so that she could be heard over the clamor as other students moved to get their class supplies, "From homo, meaning man, and morphus, meaning 'to turn or change'. Together, the name suggests the spell is intended to turn a non-human creature into a human, though I would conjecture that this spell has certain limitations," she added as a disclaimer, not knowing with what strictness this new professor would critique her answer.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:00 am

"Very good Ms.Lyons!" he added. "5 points to Ravenclaw!" he said smiling at her. "The spell is most commonly used by the Ministry to find hidden Animagi!" he said. "However the wolfsbane potion has the same effect only slightly different." He added waving his wand at the board and the questions were erased leaving only the title. "You all should know the effects of the wolfsbane potion if you take potions!" He said. He waved his wand once again and a werewolf appeared on the board and next to it a human. "The werewolf is a very good example, if used by a very powerful wizard. It can force a werewolf to change into a human and a human to turn into a werewolf! However yes, it does work on some objects like perhaps an armchair.." he said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:20 am

''It can also be used on self-transfiguration. When people turn into animals. I have been taught by professor McCoy to use that spell on self-transfigured wizards.'', added Arthur with a smile.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien de Ramiére Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Alice opened class door and stepped in. "I'm sorry, I'm late," she said in her calm, little cold voice. She stood there, waiting for teacher's answer.
Darien de Ramiére
Darien de Ramiére
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 601
Special Abilities : Parseltongue, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:28 pm

"That's right Arthur!" he said grinning at him. "I was just sure that this class was Charms not Transfigurations" he said to him. "Ah good morning Ms.Traverse!" he said with a smile. "Oh no trouble, class barely started. Go ahead and take your seat." he said waving his wand making the clipboard fly to him, he checked her name off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien de Ramiére Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Alice smiled icy. "I am Taylor, not Traverse," she said, canting her head. But she went and sat on one empty chair, letting her bag fall down.
Darien de Ramiére
Darien de Ramiére
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 601
Special Abilities : Parseltongue, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:47 am

"Whoopsies my mistake!" he said chuckling. "Her name is right under yours, I must have misread." he added. "Now, who would like to be the first to try and change this bird..." he said waving his wand and making it appear on the desk he was in front of in a cage. "Into a human being?" he asked. "Mind you, it will only take the shape of a human as you are quite all too young to make it have full human characteristics. I myself cannot even allow it to speak our language.." he added still holding his wand. "Mr.Poe!" He said sharply, "Why don't you have a go at it...?" he said bringing the cage over to Arthur's desk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:13 am

Arthur nodded. ''As you wish, professor Gibbs. I have been able to get a human, but it never managed to talk. Al that came out is a song which I do not understand. But professor McCoy manages to transfigure a bird into a functional human. But, he has that experience, doesn't he?'', he said with a smile and took his wand out.

He took the bird out of the cage and pointed his wand at it. ''Homorphus'', he said and concentrated on a human being. This was one of the toughest spells, even for him. The spell hit the bird and it started to transform.

After a few seconds of morphing, a human being was there, an adult all naked. He conjured a towel and gave it to the person, well... bird. ''Now look at this, I have managed to transform a bird into president Kennedy'', he described the person which was extremely resembling the late JFK. In that moment, ''Kennedy'' opened his mouth. ''Da-da'', ''he'' said.

Arthur looked at it in general bewilderment. ''It seems that it has the mind of a baby, but the looks of a president. Brilliant, I am now the father of president Kennedy.'', he said, semi-sarcastically. ''Professor Gibbs, will this be enough?'', he asked.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:28 am

Gibbs stood there, with an exceptionally proud look on his face. "Very Good Mr.Poe!" he said clapping his hands. "I think that's well worth 20 Points to Gryffindor!" he said smiling. Gibbs then waved his wand saying "Homorphus!" and where Kennedy stood a bird flew. He opened the window and let it fly away..."Now!" he said closing the window. "Who can tell me what the freezing charm does?" he asked them all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:38 am

Arthur smiled and nodded. ''Thank you professor. The Freezing Charm? Well, as its name says, it freezes someone in place. It is extremely useful in hunting and when dealing with pests. The incantation is Immobulus.'', he replied.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top