Winter Term Normal Charms Class - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Winter Term Normal Charms Class - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Winter Term Normal Charms Class

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winter Term Normal Charms Class - Page 3 Empty Re: Winter Term Normal Charms Class

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 pm

"Of course," Khaat smiled, "Please--introduce yourself."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Winter Term Normal Charms Class - Page 3 Empty Re: Winter Term Normal Charms Class

Post by HafizDeen Diggory Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:52 am

Hafiz began to answered. Although, he know what the line supposed to be but he sweat just incase he accidentaly blabbering about something else. My name is HafizDeen Diggory, you may just call me Hafiz. My favourite charm would be Aguamenti. I don't know, maybe because I love water, he laughed. Hoping that Professor Khaat will not mad for his answer.
HafizDeen Diggory
HafizDeen Diggory

Number of posts : 864
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:48 am

"I understand. I have my favorites too, for my own sentimental reasons. That's not a bad thing. However, it is important that you are well versed in a variety of spells, and that you keep well practiced. I will expect that you will practice those spells outside of class in order to become proficient at them. Do not be surprised if I arrange sporadic magical quizzes that might be either a written essay question or a spontaneous demonstration of a spell you have learned."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by HafizDeen Diggory Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:29 am

Hafiz nodded to his favourite teacher. But when he heard about essays, he sigh. He hate essays so much and curse for the existence of essays. As for him, a class if for more practical and less theory. That will developed skills and by the skills which can prevent mistakes. That what he thought though. It will be a bold statement for a 5th year Slytherine boy to say such word.
HafizDeen Diggory
HafizDeen Diggory

Number of posts : 864
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:31 am

"Hmm. I see some of you aren't happy with the mention of a possible essay. I do nothing without a reason, and the reason I believe that theory is important in mastering a skill is that to truly master a skill you need to not just be able to apply the skill but also understand how that skill actually works. Some of you are familiar with muggle machines, for example. Any muggle can use just about any muggle machine. The machines are generally designed that way. However, it is the muggle who understands how the machine functions--how it does what it does--that becomes the master of that machine, and not just the muggle who can push the buttons on the machine. A chimpanzee can do that. The same is true with magic. Anybody can point a stick at something. What builds your skills is when you truly understand magic and how it works. And I want you to leave here as masters of magic, not just practicers of it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Miseria looked at Abbey who replied to Khaat and Hafiz, young Slytherin boy, at her age and the one who she had never talked to. And then she looked at Khaat again. Essey? Though, she was thanking god that she didn't have to say what was her favourite spell. She'd frighten other students with her own thoughts and imagination. No, it wasn't Avada Kedavra. She once used this spell on one Death Eater and she never want's to do it again.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Alice hurriedly walked into the classroom, late, but for a reason. "Hello, sorry I'm late, ma'am. I was a little sick so I went to the hospital wing to get better. I am a lot better now." Alice walked to a desk and sat down, quietly and looked at the professor. She waited as the professor talked about an essay.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:12 am

"Welcome," Khaat told the newest arrival. "Two extra points to those who introduced themselves as asked. However, onto the lesson for the day. We are about to discover, if some of you haven't already, that sometimes we do break things, either magically or through our own human frailties. It is helpful to be able to repair things. She took her wand and pointed it at one of the drinking glasses. "Waddawasi!" It hurled the glass through the air and broke it against the wall next to the chalkboard. "I am not teaching you how to break things. Rather, I am teaching you how to repair them.' "Reparo!" She pointed her wand at the shards of glass, and watched them reassemble into a functional drinking glass that she levitated to her hand. "Some of you may know how to do this already, and some may not. IF you demonstrate satisfactory skills with this, we shall move on to another charm. I have placed a number of drinking glasses here. Please come and get one and practice breaking it, either manually or magically, and reassemble them. Please do not break glass against, toward, or in the vicinity of, another student. I do not wish to have to take points for carelessness. Please get a glass and begin."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:52 am

Abbey walked to the front of the classroom and grabbed a glass cup off of Professor Lupin's desk. She brought it back to her own and sat down. Before practicing the repairing spell, Abbey muttered the charm for breaking and it and then concentrated on the glass flying back together to reassemble it. Abbey pointed her wand at the glass and said, "Reparo!" The shards of broken glass flew through the air and completed the glass. Abbey smiled to herself and said, "I did it!"
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:44 pm

'Excellent! Well done, Abbey!" Khaat said. "Keep practising that bit for a moment while we see how the others have done."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top