Lesson 2 - Basic Level - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 2 - Basic Level - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 2 - Basic Level

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 2 - Basic Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Lesson 2 - Basic Level

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:49 pm

Elijah scowled at the Professor's sarcasm. Fabulous, Elijah thought dryly, yet anything mocking adult. Elijah sighed, the Professor was out of order and there was no need for that. He wasn't about to be insulted by an adult and a Professor no less.

"First of all," Elijah began irritably.
"If I am attractive and I care about my appearance then does that make me foolish or unintelligent? No, it does not. It is obvious I am a Slytherin because of my robes and I told you I was from Durmstrang. Furthermore, yes, Durmstrang is a pretty decent school but no one of the best. Whatever knowledge, which wasn't a lot, they sought fit to bestow on myself and my brainless classmates was absorbed, yes."

Elijah turned around and walked past the Professor. He launched himself onto the drawer and scooted himself around so that he was facing the Professor. Perhaps he had gone too far but it was well worth it, all he needed was one last dig.

"And that would be, Elijah Krum that needs to be added." Elijah smirked.

He turned to the girl and grinned. "It would be bordem that has brought me here, and no doubt the wrong class. What can I say?"

Elijah jumped back off of the drawer and waved at the Professor as he past.
"Wrong class, my fault." he grinned and wandered over to the door. He pulled it open and looked at the Professor before saluting him. "Prijaten den!"

Elijah ducked out of the classroom and closed the door. Wrong class, he thought with a grin.

(( Ah, Prijaten Den - it roughly translates to good day but I don't know I don't actually speak Bulgarian sooo... Smile ))
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:26 pm

''Eve was, wouldn't you believe it, also a religious figure, therefore also excluded from our speech. The part about Africa is correct, though. Three chances is all I can give you, Miss Izzy. Not more. Let us try again. What was the name of the first Muggle? Indeed, she was a female. But her name wasn't Eve, Mary, Magdalene or anything else related to the Bible. As I have said, religion is an opium for the masses, what Marx said, and I will not bother myself with it. You can believe in what ever you want, pixies, ghosts, dwarfs or God, but this is a scientific subject and I will not allow that your beliefs could your judgment. And Miss, Izzy, Darwin is correct. Science never makes mistakes, unlike religion. The Crusades were one of religions biggest mistakes. The burning of Giordano Bruno, the tiral of Gallileo Galilei and many other things make religion far more evil, so to say, than science. Religion today still tries to diminish science through manipulation, which is something I despise. Therefore, I doubt all religion and will not teach it in my classes. Which you will see on your N.E.W.T. classes.'', he said.

''There is no my opinion on the creation of life. There was only one particle, The Higgs Boson and from it came all. The Bing Bang theory and the creation of life through evolution, not through the game of some divine being. Therefore, there is only one universal truth - and that is science.'', he added.

''Oh, and yes, people at Beauxbatons are ''monkeys'' so to say. They would just enter and look in the ''monkey see, monkey do'' way. He at least tried to be polite. Although, you are an exception, Miss Izzy. You do have potential, unlike many Beauxbatons students.'', he said.

Now, there was the matter of Mr. Krum. ''Accio kid'', he said and Krum returned to the classroom. ''Young lad, I do not know who you think you are, but this is my class and you shall behave respectfully. Firstly, 10 points from Slytherin and 10 points for Hufflepuff, for Miss Izzy's kind observation regarding this young las. There is always someone different, Miss Izzy, Like you, for example. Now, young lad... explain your behavior, this instant.'', Wilson said strictly.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:27 am

Elijah scowled and looked pointedly at the Professor
"You were disrespectful and there was no need for it." Elijah said indignantly.

"Alright, I got the wrong class as Izzy pointed out but that was my fault and whether or not I mixed the classes up and made a mistake still gives you no right to treat me as if I knew about nothing except for what was looking back at me in the mirror most mornings. Also, I left because I was not needed. Perhaps in the O.W.L class, yes I would be needed because it is my set class, but not here." Elijah grinned and thought it best to add something on.

"You do know, sir, that the 'monkeys' are at Durmstrang? I mean, have you seen these guys they are HUGE! Beaux students are more like little butterflies, graceful and changing with untapped intelligence that they obviously possess."
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:40 am

Izzy scowled. 'I didn't say Eve was her name, I said she could be referred to as Eve. The name she was given was Alice, I believe. And looking at you, I could almost believe Darwin's theory about monkeys was correct.'

She laughed at what Elijah did. And then scowled again when she heard what Wilson said. 'Hang on a second! That's not fair! Why are you taking points off Slytherin?' She was glad she had earned points back for her house but annoyed he had taken points off another house for no reason.

She smiled triumphantly at the professor after the boy's speech about Durmstrang and Beauxbatons. At least someone knew their facts. But she was still puzzled as to how Wilson could tell what she was thinking. He was a Legilimens, not a mind- reader. And Legilimens didn't work like that. He would have to probe into her mind by concentrating very hard and she would have to be willing to let him do so (HP OotP). There was no way he could just read her mind with no effort.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:12 pm

(I edited my post, excluded the message)
''Sit down, Mr. Krum! Today, you shall attend my Basic class. Next time, though, I expect you at my O.W.L. class. And that is final! And please, next time, do not try to be funny... either by or don't, do not try. Trying equals failure.

Oh yes, do not try to kiss up, I doubt that it will get you any points with Miss Izzy. Physically, there are gorillas at Durmstrang, but I was referring to the educational standards. I have never talked about intelligent. Look at Miss Izzy, an extremely intelligent girl. If she had stayed at Beauxbatons, she would either end up at a desk job or as a house wife. Here, her full potential can bloom and she can become the great witch she is. Many of the students at Beauxbatons have that potential, but there, the incompetent professors just raise little princesses, which results in chaos.''
, Wilson said.

He then turned to Izzy. ''Oh, and Mr. Krum. Please, try to behave politely next time when speaking to a professor. Miss Izzy will tell you that it is not a smart thing. Now, Miss Izzy, to you. No, it was not Alice. She was, and still is, called Lucy. She was no Eve, she was the firs human ancestor, an ape so to say. But sill, a Muggle simultaneously. And, referring to your insult, it will not work. I do believe in Darwin's theory, which is correct, unlike the idea of creation by a divine hand. Therefore I, as are all of you, am a descendant of of apes, a much more intelligent one, but still connected with them. Our whole family, if we are looking taxonomically, is similar to apes and you will tell me... for another chance, what the family's name is. Also, you shall receive 10 points for trying, but you still have to do your homework.'', he said.

''I can see that you are a true Hufflepuff, Miss Izzy. And an intelligent one. I have taken points from Slytherin because of Mr. Krum's impoliteness. His way is no way of talking to a professor, which you may know. I like humor, but it has to be respectful and intelligent. I hope that answers your question. And yes, you should be happy for the points you have received.'', he edited.

Last edited by James William Wilson on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:41 pm

Izzy scowled and stood up. She had had enough of Wilson's patronising. She didn't care what he did anymore, not that she cared in the first place. She walked up to him and turned to face him.

'Right! That's it! I've had enough of your stupid arguments Mr Plonker! You never learn, do you? When something's offensive to someone, you're not meant to force your opinion on to that person! And that applies even more to you when you're a professor! I've tried to put up with you, but you are an absolute moron and I refuse to be treated like a load of crap and have my privacy invaded! You are a sick, retarded old man and I am not putting up with you for one more second! I know you're spazticated, but why don't you take out that stick up your arse and try acting like a normal human for once?!' Izzy shouted, glaring at Wilson.

She stopped and continued in a calmer voice. 'I would like you to change your attitude towards me. I've been taking Muggle Studies for two years now and never has a teacher been as incompetent as you! I am not a toddler, I'm your pupil, and I'd like to be respected the way you would respect a student'

She knew he would probably make some snarky comment about temper tantrums and Beauxbatons princesses but she honestly didn't give.

Turning to the 5th year, she said 'And you, Crumble, or whatever your name is. Don't listen to him, he's bonkers. Get out of here and never come back while you can. '

With that, Izzy turned and sat back down in her seat.

Last edited by Izzy Fellows on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:33 pm

"Crumble eh?" Elijah glanced up at the Professor and grinned. "Wasn't there a Lucy in the Chronicles of Narnia?" Elijah looked thoughtful for a second before speaking again.

"Somewhere I read, it's shocking how I actually can read, that Muggles are related to monkeys and wizards from toadstools. Y'know? They red ones with the white spots from Alice in Wonderland? I'd like a cat like that.. I have a cat sir! His name is Snoop and he likes to sleep in sock drawers! He's a really odd cat but he's great all the same. I also have a question sir. How does trying equal failure? You need to try if you're going to learn and such things so if I didn't try to walk down the stairs I would fall down them and that really would be a fail so I'm confused... Did you know that... Korabãt mi na v'zdyšna vãzglavnica e pãlen sãs zmiorki!!!"

Elijah pretended to look shocked and took a piece of paper from his bag. He took his wand from his pocket and muttered a quick spell which transfigured the paper into an eel. He held it up under the Professor's nose and prodded the Professor in the arm with his other hand.

"Eels! In my hovercraft, sir!" Elijah exclaimed in English. "Aren't they beautiful? Would you like an eel sir?"

Elijah walked around the back of the desk and took a mirror from his bag. His mother demanded that he should always look his best so he had to carry one with him. Elijah transfigured the mirror into a large fish tank and pointed his wand at the inside.

"Aguamenti!" a jet of water fired from Elijah's wand and filled the fish tank. Elijah plopped the eel into the tank and grinned at the Professor. "Čestita Koleda!!" he wished the Professor a Merry Christmas and tapped the glass before walking over to the desks to take a seat. He glanced at the eel and then to the professor before asking, "What do eels eat sir?"
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:01 pm

(Izzy, it is not possible to apparate in the castle... so far as I know, well, it definitely isn't in my class, so please edit your post. I'll just post a short reply.)

''Yes, there was a Lucy there, I am surprised you know about Lewis and his work. Regarding your eel... well, it is gone.'', he said and with a flick of his hand, the eel returned to paper.

''What they eat is of no relevance. Regarding your try and failure... you either succeed or fail, trying, if not successful equals failure, therefore is useless. And this open provocation will not do you any good, I think you should know that. Whatever Miss Izzy says, I am no person to play jokes with. And stop with your Bulgarian. I know some of it since I have been there for several years.'', Wilson said.

He then turned to Izzy (WHO WAS STILL THERE :-D). ''Miss Izzy, you have something to object to... may I know what? What is the main cause of your outburst - my sarcasm or my views on religion?'', he said.

He then burst into laugh and started clapping his hands. ''Miss Izzy Fellows! Bravo! I must say! I will now award your house with 50 points. If anyone asks, you were all brilliant in class. A fine example of bravery and stepping up to an authority when you find him or his views opposite of yours. Bravo again! You know, I have waited for this moment. I am am man who cherishes ideals and a person who sticks to his own ideals. You are not a bad person and I do not think that, no matter what I have said and you are extremely intelligent. Now, I would kindly ask you to sit through the rest of the class and then meet me in my office for a short chat about how I conduct my class. I would like to hear your views. If you want, you can state them now. Do you have anything else to add, Miss Izzy?'', he said with a satisfied smile on his face.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:02 pm

Elijah pouted and walked back over to the fish tank. He picked it up and put it down on his desk. Elijah took a piece of parchment off of the desk and made it into a fish. He then transfigured it into a real fish and dropped it into the tank.

"Hehe, goldfishy. I shall name you Aslan!" he declared, holding up an imaginary sword.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:47 pm

(( Oh it isn't, is it? And since when are you allowed to read people's minds like that? If we're going by the books, then neither of us could have done what we did. I'll edit my post but you have to edit yours. Very Happy And LOL 50 points! Are you bribing her? Not that I have a problem with that... Razz ))
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top