Lesson 2 - Basic Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 2 - Basic Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 2 - Basic Level

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 2 - Basic Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson 2 - Basic Level

Post by James William Wilson Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:58 pm

''What is on the agenda today? I have no idea. Ah, yes... Muggles, who, what, when, where and why.'', he said.

He then took a breath. ''Regarding your moron comment, is that how you know that I am a moron? By being one yourself?'', he asked with a smile. He then looked at the blackboard again. He was, right - it was today's lesson.

''And no, I have never taught there, I am no crazy. Although they did call me on one occasion, but I turned them down. I knew and know a lot of professors and students from Beauxbatons and I can freely say that they are incompetent for anything other than a desk job at the Ministry. I have taught several subjects, not just Muggle Studies, and I can say that their brand of teaching is as pathetic as the teaching brand of some first year student at Hogwarts.'', he remarked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:55 pm

Izzy smirked at the professor. 'No professor, I didn't call you a moron. I was merely stating a widespread opinion.' Maybe his hearing wasn't all that.
She laughed loudly at what he said next. 'Actually, Beauxbatons is regarded as one of the greatest wizarding schools in the world, along with Hogwarts and Durmstrang. But, I suppose even the best isn't good enough for the high and mighty James Wilson.' She thought it was really funny how misinformed he was. And how bigheaded he was.
'Well we've already done that at Beaux, incompetent as they were.' Izzy picked up her pen and doodled on the desk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:21 pm

''You have done that already? Good for you! Then you will not have problems if I test your knowledge right now, I presume... and give you a grade for it?'', he asked.

''Oh, and Miss Izzy, do not confuse thing. I do not consider myself to be the greatest or best, I only consider myself to be competent. There are far more skilled wizards than me in the world. But I have never met one that came from Beauxbatons. Your professors there treat you little princesses as queens. But you all have yet to become queens. They train you to be beautiful and graceful, not to be skilled and intelligent. Which causes that even the intelligent students from Beauxbatons become dull. You have great potential and it is good you came here, you will learn something. But remember to use that potential well.'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Izzy smiled. 'Of course. Test all you want.' She knew her facts and had no problem proving her knowledge.
'But even beauty and grace have as big a role in this world as intelligence, no? And I do not consider myself dull at all, quite the opposite, in fact.'
Izzy looked at the professor. 'I wonder, professor, if you have ever been subjected to the charm of a veela. If you have, no doubt you'll agree with me when I say that with that power, intelligence is not really called for.' Veelas made up nearly half the student population at Beauxbatons and though the majority was very smart, there were a few exceptions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:56 pm

''You seem to have hearing problems, like you thought of me some moments ago. I said that you have potential... which, by any standard of the English, and even French language, means that you are not dull. But the witches that come out of Beauxbatons are in in 8 out of 10 cases, dull, at the best.'', he said.

He then smirked. ''Regarding your knowledge, if you answer me this question correctly, you will be excused from homework this week and will, maybe, receive another bonus. What was the name of the first Muggle?'', he asked.

He then looked at her. ''Oh, and while you are thinking... I have met several Veelas in my life. Beauty and grace have their own respective roles in our world, but not as intelligence, my dear Izzy. Beauty only gives you some personal pleasures and a desk job, while intelligence gives you the job of the Minister himself. If the two are combined, then we have a perfect situation. But, regarding Veelas. Pardon the digression. I have met several of them and I cannot say otherwise - they are extremely beautiful. But that beauty proved to be their weak spot. Some of them were to dumb to even talk to me normally, some of them were to vain, and I just told them the truth, so they left, and some of them were as skilled as a Muggle lab rat. And, look here, the majority of them came from Beauxbatons. Wait, one of them even tried to kill me, which you will no doubt agree with. She ended up losing one and a half of her limbs. She is now in St. Mungo's. I do not know the rest. I hope that answers your question.'', Wilson said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Izzy thought for a moment and said 'That would be Adam, if I remember correctly.' She shrugged nonchalantly and smiled. She wouldn't do the homework either way so if it was right or wrong was of no concern to her. But the bonus sounded cool.
Izzy scowled and said 'I'm not your 'dear Izzy'. Miss Izzy is fine, thank you very much.'
Then she shook her head. 'Not really, but oh well.' Most Veelas were vain, it was true, but he didn't get the point she was trying to make.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:39 am

''Adam never existed. Adam was created by god, therefore his existence was never proven. If you have learned that at Beauxbatons, then I am truly afraid of what I am going to hear next. It seems that your Muggle Studies professor there did not understand the subject as it is - scientifict, therefore excluding any religious and unproven evidence about any event in our history. If it were up to religion, our planet would still be flat and we would all be created by god, without evolution. Which is utter nonsense. But, seeing that it probably is not your fault, but the fault of the idiots ad Beauxbatons, I will give you a second chance to answer this question. The person I am talking about may not be the oldest or the first, but it is the oldest Muggle that we know about, therefore treated as the first, until they discover someone older.'', Wilson said.

He then stood up to stretch himself. ''Again the names. You really have an issue regarding that, Miss Izzy. And, to answer your question fully. I am, through years of experience, immune to the external charms of Veelas and can detect the majority of love potions known to man, which makes me immune to any love charm, including that of the Veelas. They are beautiful, but with a skilled wizard, like there are many I know, their effect and charms have no use. Which is what I have been talking about the whole time. Beauty and grace, in the presence of a skilled and intelligent wizard, have no use and are only useful in a desk job. This is why I find the professors of Beauxbatons incompetent, and the professor here in Hogwarts competent. There, they raise models, here, they raise wizards and witches. Do you need any further explanations, Miss Izzy?'', he added sitting back down.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Elijah opened the door of the classroom and looked around. He wasn't perticularly sure where he was but he knew that Muggle Studies was on the First Floor somwhere. After ending up on the seventh floor, then the fifth and somewhere different all together Elijah was glad he was somewhere remotely normal.

"Hey Professor." Elijah greeted with a grin he had no doubt inherited from his father. "I apologize for my lateness, I have yet to properly find my way around this school. You see, I attended Durmstrang up until a few weeks prior to this and I'm only here now because my mother was sorting things out. I apologize, once again." Elijah explained, letting his Bulgarian accent seep into his speech as he tried to convince the Professor of his story.

Elijah wasn't lying, he had been at Durmstrang, his mother had moved him so he could be closer to people she trusted when he attended school. Apparently she didn't like her son to be in Bulgaria while they were in Berlin. They had to be 'closer' according to his father.

"Where should I sit, sir?" Elijah smirked and glanced around.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:39 pm

''You should climb the top of the drawer behind me and take your seat there.'', Wilson said normally, although with a high dose of sarcasm.

''Another pretty boy, I presumed that you were either from Slytherin or from Durmstrang. As a Durmstrang student, I do hope that you have the needed knowledge. Durmstrang is a good school, I just hope that you have absorbed that knowledge.'', Wilson said.

''Oh yes... do remember to write your name so that I can add you to the class roster.'', he added.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Izzy frowned at the professor. 'I was, in fact, referring to the first human ancestor believed to have lived in Africa billions of years ago. Of course, if Darwin's evolution theory was correct, there would have existed semi-humans before that, although they were more ape-like in nature than human.' Izzy paused before adding 'However, the first human ancestor is believed to have been female, so Eve would probably be a more appropriate name.'

Izzy raised an eyebrow as she looked at him. 'And professor, I don't believe you get payed to tell us your personal opinion on how life started. There is a fine line between educating and insulting, and you have crossed it.' She didn't appreciate his put-down of religion, as her father was a religious muggle and she herself believed in God.

Izzy looked at the boy who came in. He looked too old to be in this class. 'Are you sure you've got the right room?' she asked bluntly. 'Cos you sure don't look like a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year.'

She rolled her eyes when the professor started talking about Durmstrang. Oh so now Durmstrang students are prodigies and Beauxbatons students are monkeys? She thought to herself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top