Lesson 2 - Basic Level
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 2 - Basic Level Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 2 - Basic Level

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 2 - Basic Level Empty Lesson 2 - Basic Level

Post by James William Wilson Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Professor Wilson entered his classroom. He passed through the empty desks and sat on his chair. He took his wand out and pointed it at the blackboard. Suddenly, a lot of text appeared. Why? He liked to let the students copy the important information and then listen to his lesson without the worry of writing his lesson down. That causes distraction. He then pointed his wand at the desks, and a note appeared on them: ''Copy the text from the blackboard!'' It was just a note for the students who came to the class to copy the text. After all of them were finished, he would start talking. He was done so he had some time to relax before the class starts. Again the same routine, the one thing he disliked about teaching.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Lesson 2 - Basic Level Empty Re: Lesson 2 - Basic Level

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:23 pm

Abbey walked into the classroom. "Good morning professor." Abbey said kindly, walking to a desk set in the middle of the classroom, not too far front and not too far back; just the way she liked it. Taking out a fresh piece of parchment and a quill and a tube of black ink. Looking at the blackboard, Abbey copied down all the information written on the board, making sure it was neat and readable for further studying if needed.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Izzy walked into the classroom. She sat down at the back, got out her notebook and pen, and copied what was written down, changing words here and there as usual. When she finished, she got out a bottle of colour-changing nail polish and started painting her nails.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:08 pm

Ben walked into his first Muggle Studies lesson. He had been ill for the first lesson and hoped he hadn't missed too much. At least he wasn't late, Abbey and Izzy, two fellow Hufflepuffs, were the only other students there. As he got into the classroom, he want up to talk to the Professor. "Sir, I was in the Hospital Wing for my first lesson. Do you have any work you want me to catch up on?" he asked. He was trying to make a good start this year. He didn't want to fail everything. He really didn't. Being ill hadn't helped him.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Number of posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:25 pm

Wilson raised his head to look at Benjamin. ''And who are you? Macmillan? Well, nevertheless, being sick does excuse you. No, you do not need to catch up, just copy what was written last time from Miss Dawn there and that will be it.'', he said.

He then looked around the classroom. He greeted Abbey and then saw Izzy. She was painting her nails! He took his wand out. ''Bombarda'', he said. The bottle exploded and the nail polish flew through the classroom, but it spilled only on Izzy and some desks. He cleaned it with a flick of his wand. ''That will be 10 points from Hufflepuff, Miss Izzy. Are you insane? Polishing nails in the classroom! Next time you will be thrown out of the classroom if you are to liberal. This is neither a playground nor a beauty salon and I will not allow you to polish nails or decorate yourself in any other way. Also, there is no eating or similar stuff. I do not know what the idiots in Beauxbatons allowed you to do in class, but here you will not be allowed to do such things. Not you, not anyone. I hope I made myself clear.'', he said. He then flicked his wand and cleaned Izzy too.

''I hope you will start behaving normally, miss Izzy, for your sake.'', he said. He then returned to his reading and waited for the other students to arrive.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:35 pm

Izzy smiled triumphantly. 'Of course Professor Wilson.' She figured that since he was now calling her Izzy, she should stop calling him Mr. Plonker. Even though she enjoyed giving him the nickname.
Izzy frowned when she heard what he said. She did not appreciate him taking points from her house. 'There were no idiots in Beauxbatons, professor. Infact, if it was between Hogwarts and Beaux, I'd say Hogwarts has more idiots in it by far.' She said this with a neutral tone, though the meaning behind the words could be taken both ways. Izzy still felt a certain loyalty to her old school, even though she was happy to be at Hogwarts. And if he thought Hogwarts was strict, he should have visited Beauxbatons. In comparison to the french school, Hogwarts was almost unbelievably slack.
After saying this, Izzy just leaned back in her chair and blew on her nails to dry them. It was lucky she had finished painting all of them before he had exploded the bottle. She smiled to herself, not taking his threat seriously at all. It wasn't the first time she had been threatened by a teacher.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Abbey heard Professor Wilson tell Benjamin to copy the notes from the last lesson from her. Abbey smiled and pulled out the piece of parchment, only a little bit wrinkly from being carried around in her bag. Abbey made sure her writing was legiable, and handed Benjamin the piece of parchement. "Here you go. I hope you can read it, sometimes my handwriting isn't the best." Abbey said, laughing lightly.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:36 pm

Ben smiled at Abbey. "Thanks, yeah, I can read it." he replied, taking the piece of parchment Abbey had handed him. He got his own parchment out of his bag and started to copy the notes as quickly as he could. He was a fast writer, so hopefully it wouldn't take him too long.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Number of posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:37 pm

''I do know what morons teach there. I do not know how strict they are, but they are definitely not as competent as the professors here. Or, as the they used to be. But still, I do not regard Beauxbatons as a school that can raise a wizard or a witch for anything special. Unlike Hogwarts and Durmstrang.'', he said. Although he replied to Izzy, his remark was for the whole class to hear.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Izzy rolled her eyes. This professor seriously had no clue what Beauxbatons was like. 'Well professor, they do say it takes one to know one, don't they.' She was referring to his comment about morons. Then she added
'And I'm not sure you're qualified to judge Beaux since you couldn't have ever been a student there yourself seeing as it is a girls' school, after all. Even if you were a teacher there, the only reason it couldn't raise special witches or wizards was because you were there.' Izzy said this as an honest opinion, not meaning for it to be especially rude, just being brutally honest.
She stopped her blowing and inspected her nails. Happy they were dry, she leaned forward on her desk, resting her chin on her hand, and said 'So what's up for today?'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top