NEWT Class 1 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

NEWT Class 1 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

NEWT Class 1

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEWT Class 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: NEWT Class 1

Post by Amelia Lyons Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:11 am

Amelia hadn't realized it when his back had been turned to her, but the professor who had replaced their ghostly (no pun intended) Professor Gold was Professor Potter, the man who had taught the subject no longer than a year ago. Amelia remembered him well as he stood out so uncannily from the other teachers because of his young age and nearly always pleasant demeanor.

She had finished reading nearly ten pages of the chapter that had interested her before Professor Potter addressed the class, a sparse number compared to the students she knew to be enrolled in the class. His introduction was brief, perhaps because many in the room already knew him, and perhaps because he had never been long-winded. Amelia hadn't known him personally when he had been a student at Hogwarts, but she had observed him from her place several years below him. Even when she was younger, Amelia had keen eyes and ears which extended perhaps farther than was appropriate.

As he spoke, Amelia took the appropriate notes. The class seemed to settle into its natural rhythm, each quill scratching lightly against parchment. When he asked for a volunteer, Amelia was not surprised to see Christabelle, the blond veela from her house, raise her hand to volunteer; the girl had enough confidence to make up for what the entirety of the first year class lacked in it. Amelia smirked a bit at the way she had thought of Christabelle as "confident"; a few nights ago she would have still used the word "cocky". Although Amelia and Christabelle had yet to finish the discussion that had briefly occurred during the party for Christabelle's championship, the conversation had not been forgotten by the freckled and quiet girl.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:30 am

"Thank you Ms Whittle," Professor Potter said, taking a step to the side as she walked to the front of the class. ((Sorry for the god mode, speeds things up a touch)) "Now, as i said, twirl your wand anti-clockwise, tap the person or tihng you're dissolusioning, and cast Disolute." he told the class, turning to face Christabelle. "This may feel just a bit unpleasant, sort of like an egg being cracked on your head and trickling down you." he warned, before twirling his wand anti-clockwise, and tapping his wand on her head. "Disolute," he muttered, smiling as she disappaeared before their eyes.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:42 am

((Its fine I don't mind. Not if its for class Very Happy))
Christabelle had been known what it was going to feel like a head of time so she had just nodded when he said this to her taking a deep breath as he cast the spell on her. It had felt exactly as he described, When he tapped her with the wand it felt as if an egg had been cracked on her head and she watched the classes response to her disappearing.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:57 pm

''Interesting, professor'', said Arthur. He had used the Disillusionment Charm a couple of times in the past, mainly to hide some objects from irritating girls, so he was acquainted with its effect. What he had never seen before is a person being ''removed'' with the spell, although he knew it was possible. ''May I try next? On myself or on an object?'', he asked.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:17 pm

Lilian smiled when Poe asked if he could demonstrate it. She clapped her hadns once when Christy had disappeared. I'd be willing to be turned invisible! She said smiling. Then mabye she'd get a chance to do the spell
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:37 pm

''Well then, I think we have a deal. I can practice my spell on you, if you agree, and then you can practice yours on me. I do hope that this is acceptable.'', said Arthur with unusual politeness in his voice. He also smiled at Lilian.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:02 am

Professor Potter punched Christabelle in the head, watching as she crashed to the ground?
((Razz Jk i swear, ignore that bit. Just thought i'd ask... is that god mode allowed? : P hahaha))

Professor Potter chuckled and watched as the spell had its effect on Christabelle before turning to Arthur. "Not just yet Mr Poe, you need to know how to remove the effect first. And in any case, once Ms Whittle has had the spell reversed she gets to be the first to try it on someone." he said, smiling at a point about 20cms from Christabelle, seeing as he had forgotten her location. "Oh, and 10 Points to Ravenclaw," he added, smiling even further away from her.
"Now," he began, "To remove the effects of this charm we must use another spell, that spell being Finite Incantatum, one you may, or may not have learnt before. The trick is to learn in it a manner that you can use it on certain places, without it affecting others. For example if there was an invisible suit of armour over there," he said, pointing at a blank wall, "the idea would be to be able to make it appear using finite incantatum, while at the same time not making Ms Whittle appear, which is made difficult by the fact that Finite Incantatum is meant to remove all spell traces in a room." He told the class. "The way we do this, is to concentrate only on the effect you're trying to remove." He told the class, pausing to let the catch up with their note-taking
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:10 pm

Amelia's phoenix feather quill danced furiously in her hand, coping down everything the professor said. The quill she used felt too lavish for her, like it ought to belong to someone much more flashy, but it had been a gift from her father. It had come by post over the weekend with a brief note from her mother, explaining that the quill was her father's idea. Usually too wrapped up in his work to think of things like gifts, Amelia had taken to using the quill despite its ostentatious nature.

When the professor mentioned finite incantum Amelia nodded her head to herself, having used the spell many times before. As he continued, though, Amelia's attention was peaked - she had never used the spell to counteract a specific spell, but rather had just released all spells.

Perhaps today's lesson will be more useful than I first anticipated... Amelia thought, taking the pause in the professor's speech to make notations on her parchment and in the book.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:41 pm

((No Jess please don't punch me in the head. The spell for the class was allowed lol but no the punch. It did however make me laugh))

Christabelle listened to the professor as he spoke. She would be sure to write down everything that he said as soon as she got back down to her seat. The effects the spell caused her to feel had settled down and she heard him mention finite incantum. She had to use that before in times when she fought against Matt. She had to keep concentrating on that note to only reverse Matt's spells and not her own so she already had a pretty fair grasp of the concept that the professor was going to use.

She smiled as she had earned her house ten points in the process. They really had needed to catch up in the house points department and her doing this had been the perfect way to do it. Please hurry up and make me visible again. she thought to herself looking around at the class though they could not see her.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:46 am

((hehe))
Jess decided the students'd had sufficient time to copy down what he wanted them to. He twirled his wand once and shot it back, tapping the blackboard and making it disappear non-verbally. "So, you concentrate hard on -hat you want to appear, stick your wand in the air and cast" He said, closing his eyes and concentrating on Christabelle, "Propius Finite Incantatum." He told the class, looking to his left to see that she'd re appeared
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top