O.W.L. Lesson 2nd - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

O.W.L. Lesson 2nd - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

O.W.L. Lesson 2nd

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

O.W.L. Lesson 2nd - Page 4 Empty Re: O.W.L. Lesson 2nd

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Elijah grinned and fell easily back into conversation as if nothing had happened.

"Philosopher, no. I'm just a fifteen year old Slytherin with a really bleak outlook on life." Elijah smiled and looked at her thoughfully before speaking again.

"I believe a real philosopher once wrote that Muggles came from monkeys and wizards came from toadstools."
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:07 am

Ruby looked at him blankly for a second then threw back her head and laughed. 'Well, we all look like toadstools don't we?'

She shook her head and laughed again. Some ideas philosophers had were truly ridiculous.
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Number of posts : 171
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Elijah chuckled and nodded thoughtfully before tugging on his hair.
"I don't think I have the hair for a toadstool. Who knows, maybe there is muggle ancestory in my family." Elijah smirked.

He drew out a few more things and pulled the paper out of the book. He smiled and wrote a quick note at the bottom;

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, whether a woman pretty or ugly graces you with her presence - her beauty is on the inside with her heart. When those who truly hold beauty that is not manufactured, they are over looked like a page in a book. Not many notice inner beauty or the beauty of a smile... Beauty can mean lots of things, it can be physical, mental or pure unadulterated love for someone - someone you love. Perhaps a thousand smiles would be there to fuel the mind and body but love fuels the heart and soul.
Perhaps that is what is left for us mere mortals
Завинаги твоя Илия

He folded the picture of Ruby smiling and put it down onto the table in front of her. He yawned and glanced out of the window, it was still stupidly sunny and Elijah could see the lake from the window. He smiled thoughtfully and began to draw again, hopefully creating something as beautiful as the last.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Miseria entered the classroom, her red hair was in high ponytail, as usual. She smiled at everyone and then she looked at the professor:"Good morning," she said, voice cheerful. It was early morning, but she was filled with energy as always. She took a seat somewhere and puting her book, wand, parchment and quill on the table, she yawned quietly. Well, she was energetic, but still sleepy. Ironic.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:23 pm

Ruby picked up the folded piece of paper Elijah had put on her table, and marvelled at the likeness he had captured in his drawing of her. She looked up and said 'Can I keep this?', hoping he would let her keep the picture that she thought was absolutely wondeful.

She noticed there was a note at the bottom and read it, staying silent for a while as she wondered what it could mean. She looked up and watched Elijah drawing for a second, a thoughtful expression on her face, before she smiled and tugged at his sleeve.

'So, you mean even if I looked like this I'd still be beautiful?'
Ruby asked, closing her eyes for a second as she willed her face to turn into that of an old bag lady she had seen the other day. It took only a second for her face to change and she gave Elijah a toothless grin before her face went back to it's original appearence.

Ruby smirked as she wondered what he was going to say. She knew she was pretty, some even called her vain, and she liked the attention she got just from walking down the street. But, for some reason, she truly cared about Elijah's answer. Her eyes turned grey as she waited for his reply.
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:58 pm

"Did you know some of the wisest people are those who are drawn and haggard. If you looked like that you would be beautiful in your own way because of stories that you could tell. I have always had time for people like that. I remember once I was in Bulgaria with my aunt, a begging woman was sitting on the side of the street telling stories to young boys. I strayed away and listened, only to have her come home with me and have her tell me more." Elijah smiled for a moment and a fond look of remembrance washed over his face.

"Beauty is a fickle thing and despite her appearance, which to any person would seem horrid, a little old man approached the house that night dressed in an old blazer and torn trousers asking if he could see his wife." Elijah pushed his hair out of his eyes and spoke once more. "I believe that everyone has a little ray of light that is purely their own. Something that they can hold and say that 'this is me'. Whether you're black, white, old, young or a complete hag you still have a little piece of magic inside of you, making you beautiful."

Elijah took a liquorice wand from his bag and bit it, tearing off the top of the wand. He picked up his pencil again and began to outline one of the trees around the lake. He remembered suddenly that Ruby asked if she could keep the drawing and he looked up again.
"I drew it for you, Ruby. Of course you can keep it."
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:22 pm

Ruby smiled softly and said 'Thank you.' She paused for a second, before leaning over and giving him a small peck on the cheek before sitting back up as though nothing had happened. Anyone who had been watching would probably not have been sure whether they had imagined it or not. She was never one to not show her gratitude for people, although sometimes she had a strange way of showing it.

Ruby grinned and rolled her eyes. 'I knew I was sitting next to a philosopher. Although what you're saying is true, I suppose.' She looked down at her hands for a second before looking back up and adding 'But how can you be so sure that everyone has their own ray of light? Not everyone has something to cherish or love.'
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Elijah blushed slightly and looked down at the paper as the heat licked his cheeks like a fire. Elijah bit the end of the pencil in thought and drew out some rocks in the shallows of the lake.

"As cliché as it sounds, even if there is nothing left in the world for someone to love and treasure then there is always hope. A simple four letter word that can mean everything to someone. Elpis was the spirit Hope in the old Greek tale. She stayed behind because when all the hate is consuming the earth and black clouds are blocking the light, there is always hope to turn to. Out of hope can come a mother for an orphaned child or a healer to a wounded Order member. The light does not go out unless your heart is truly black. Fear, anger and aggression overshadows that light and when all seems to be lost that little flicker under all of the hatred is hope. Hope is always there until one truly believes that all hope is lost."

Elijah chuckled and smiled at Ruby.
"Yet another Philosophical speech from Elijah Krum!"
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Ruby watched him as he spoke then gave him a long, sad look. She hadn't lost hope yet, although she knew many people who had. If the world really was as perfect as he made it out to be, then there wouldn't be any suicides or depression. Noone would have to go through the pain of giving up.

Ruby sat there, silent for a second, then turned around and looked out of the window, her talkative mood gone. For now all she wanted to do was think.
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Ruby turned away and Elijah sighed. He knew what he was spouting was utter rubbish. He was hypocritical and he knew it. He saw the world in a different light because he saw beauty in the poorest of places. He loved the way people would go about their lives as if they didn't have a care in the world.

Elijah knew that eventually he'd have to take a side, the Death Eaters or the Order of the Phoenix. He knew which side that he was expected to join but he felt apprehensive. There was no chance of living a normal life and having a family when everything one did was overshadowed by people who thought they knew best.

"I am wrong." Elijah said finally. "It is not us that desert Elpis, it is she that deserts us. When there truly is nothing left to loose and no hope left, just a black abyss.."
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top