Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs) - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs) - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs)

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs) - Page 6 Empty Re: Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs)

Post by Christabelle Whittle Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:09 am

"I'm not exactly quite sure Mari." she replied to her, "I think he wants us to fly in formation to see how well we all can handle ourselves on a broom. But then again he's a strange man that coach is. I actually met him the day he came here."
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs) - Page 6 Empty Re: Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs)

Post by Mordecai Warton Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:33 am

Ohhhhhhhh boy.

Mordecai just sat and watched as the Beaters tried to keep it together as they swooped around the first set of goal posts. The youngest of the fliers nearly fell off his broom as he took the turn too sharply but managed to keep his seat at the last possible second by going into a roll. The others, well, they looked damn well bored as they soared the length of the pitch, either going too fast or not caring to try to put in that extra effort to push further.

Sweet Maori Haka, were they Quidditch players or cross-country runners?

This was going to be a long day.

Mordecai raised the whistle to his lips and blasted two sharp warning notes as he raised his left hand in the air, signaling a halt and for all attention to focus on him. The beaters came to a halt in mid air and Mordecai was slightly surprised that they didn't crash into the stationary players who were awaiting their turn to take a go at the Pitch. He didn't say anything for a moment as his gaze swept over the unfamiliar faces, trying to read them. Did they want to be here or did they just not care? Maybe he should have started off with ground drills.

"These are kids mate, gotta remember that." He growled to himself under his breath as he crossed his arms over his chest and turned his broom to face them with a slight squeeze of his left leg.

"What was that? I've seen Kiwis fly with better formation and they don't even have wings! H'okay. Listen carefully you lot. I'm only gonna say this once." He was unable to keep the growl out of his voice as he slowly flew toward them. "Are you Quidditch players or are you here for a good time? If you're here for whatever reason other than the game, you can leave. I don't want to waste your time and I don't want you to waste mine. Understood?"

He let his words hang over their heads as he came up sharply in front of the chasers. He waited a moment in order to let them think it over and make up their minds whether or not they wanted to be here. He wasn't going to sit on his broomstick and hold popularity try-outs. They certainly didn't have to like him. He wasn't hired by the Headmaster to be their bestest friend. He was here to teach Quidditch and by the gods was he going to.

"Right! We're going to try this again! This time I want each and every last one of you to put in your all. Think of this as your Team Tryouts. I'm going to watch you all like a hawk and I'm going to judge personally whether or not you should even be on a broomstick much less compete in front of the entire school. Is that understood? I can pull you from your team just as easily as you got on it. Remember that the next time I ask you to mount your brooms." He barked as he hovered in front of them. Putting in a little fear should wake them up and get their attention. He had no idea what attitude their old coach had toward them and the game but Mordecai was the new coach and things were going to be done his way.

Hell this was nothing. Give these kids a day with Murray Spikes, the New Zealand National Head Coach, they'd all run home crying. Spikes was a right tight-arse and a mean old bastard but he was highly respected by his players. He knew Quidditch and coached Quidditch. He earned his men's respect. Mordecai was going to have to earn the respect of the Hogwarts players just as much as they would have to earn his.

"Everyone line up. Keep two meters between yourself and the fliers around you. Not as easy as it sounds with this many of you eh? When I blow this whistle you're going to fly around this pitch. You can go as fast or as slow as you'd like. I want to see what can do. You fancy yourself a high-roller flier? Prove it! You think you can pull a Wronski Feint without killing yourselves? Go ahead and try. Consider this to be your try-out to play Quidditch on my Pitch. You pass, you stay on your team. You don't, well mate it was a pleasure flying with you. Just because you think you can fly doesn't make you a player and if you fancy yourself a Quid player doesn't mean you know the arse end of your broomstick from the handle. Now I'm going to shut up. Get ready. You only stop when you hear two blasts from the whistle. Ignore that rule and it's off the Pitch."

Before they could so much as figure out what the hell he was going on about Mordecai blasted the whistle and shot straight up in the air. It was going to be easier to keep track of them all from a higher vantage point and staying above them would give him the chance to swoop if need be. He had a feeling he might have to dive to the rescue but he wanted these kids to not only prove it to him that they had what it took to be there, but to themselves and those around them.

"GIT FLYING AND SHOW ME WHAT HOGWARTS QUID PLAYERS ARE ALL ABOUT!" Mordecai's voice roared out over the pitch as he pointed his wand at his throat in order to amplify his words. He knew he was a loud gas bag but sometimes even he needed some volume.
Mordecai Warton
Mordecai Warton

Number of posts : 129
Special Abilities : Leglimens, Seer, Apparation

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Abbey Dawn Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:09 am

Abbey tried flying again. She really didn't see what the point of the whole excersize was, but she continued doing it. Coach Warton knew what she was doing. She hoped.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:48 am

So now not only the beaters but all person in teams should fly in some sort of formation. "Well... I think this pitch quiet big enough for all of us..." she mumbled then happily flew. She keep the 2 metres distance from anyone around her just like Coach Warton said before.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 832

http://www.houseofmagic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:05 pm

Mariana mounted up her broomstick again as she saw Abbey was getting away further at the pitch.She sped up and caught on her. "This looks fun." she said not really thinking about this was a good way to train her team mates for a match.She flew next to Abbey anyway waiting to see what Professor Warton expected of them.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:45 am

"What's the point in this?" Abbey whispered to Mariana, hoping Coach Warton had not heard. "All we're doing is flying. Ovbiously we can fly, or we wouldn't have made it onto the team."
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Mariana kept flying next to Abbey just to cover appearances and so she could say they are flying. "Don't ask me,I am just a quiditch captain." she whispered back as she saw a snitch right next to her eye.She caught it before it could fly away. "I am just waiting for this thing to suck my eye." she added with a normal tone.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:23 pm

Louis ran onto the field and up to Coach Mordecai. Sorry Coach I had personaly Family matters. He said. He mounted his broom and hovered waiting for the Coaches answer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top