Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs) - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs) - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs)

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs) - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs)

Post by Abbey Dawn Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:21 pm

"I promise I won't!" Abbey said smiling. Abbey shivered as a cold breeze came through the stadium. "Wow, it's pretty chilly out!" she noted.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs) - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting of the Hogwarts Teams (Open to all Players and Subs)

Post by Keith Nicholas Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:34 pm

Keith tumbled down the hill towards the pitch, broom in one hand, bat in the other. He ran full sprint towards the group of gathered players, skidding to a stop before he hit any of them. Flashing them a grin, he hefted his bat and said.: "Hey, I'm Keith. I'm one of Ravenclaw's substitute beaters." he said substitute very, very softly.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Ginevra out by the lake, staring upwards for awhile. She knew quite well that she had to go to a 'Quiddich' meeting, and she also knew that today was when she would tell Christy why she couldn't be at all of the practices. It had to be said, but she had been to awkward after their last get together at the try-outs. Feeling awkward even going when she was no longer captain, but a sub, that didn't mean she wouldn't show up. She was loyal- that would never change. Grabbing her stuff, she headed off to the pitch and walked in. Immediatly her eyes rolled. Out of the Ravenclaw team, two subs were there, and two players. Typical. Stepping foward, she didn't say anything but just gathered with the rest.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Number of posts : 13516
Special Abilities : Wandless

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:38 am

Ne'os glided to the pitch he received a owl asking him to come. His thunderbolt was in his hand he was using his own ability to fly to get there. He landed next to Albus "hey" he said
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Aminia Lestrange Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:13 am

Ami had received an owl asking her to meet the new Quidditch coach and team members down at the pitch. She had been in the middle of her Astronomy homework when she realized that she was running late. "Crap!" she ran to her dorm to grab her broom just in case she needed it, and then ran to the pitch, she stooped by Albus and Ne'Os out of breath. "Hey guys! Am I late?"
Aminia Lestrange
Aminia Lestrange

Number of posts : 1198
Special Abilities : Nonverbal Magic, Occlumency, Apparation, Leglimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:30 am

Lily got the owl letter from the new coach and she was excited to meet him. It was about time they got a good Quidditch coach. Lily walked to the Quidditch pitch and saw everyone else already there. "Um...Hey, guys. I'm the Gryffindor Quidditch captain" said Lily greeting. Then she went to find people from her team, but she didn't see anyone. Maybe they just haven't came yet. "Oh, hey Albus" said Lily smiling, when she noticed her brother talking to some people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Mariana walked down the stairs as Professor Mordecai announced a meeting.She wasn't sure whether she needed her quiditch robes or not so she just packed them in her school bag and came walking in her yellow school robes gracefully not too much in a hurry as she knew it was more or less early. "Morning Professor Warton." she said as she walked up to Abbey. "Hi there Abbey.I am glad you made it." she said sitting on a stair to see or hear what will they do today.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:00 am

"Thanks Mari! I have to thank you again for putting me on the team! I'm so thankful!" Abbey said.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordecai Warton Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:08 am

Mordecai eyed the handful of students who had gathered on the Pitch. There were a number of players missing but so far the ones that had answered his call seemed to be a mixed yet dedicated bunch made up of students from every year and walk of life. Well, this should be an interesting learning experience.

Standing on the uppermost bench in the stadium, unseen by the teenagers milling around near one of the outposts, Mordecai chuckled quietly to himself as he reached into his breast pocket and pulled out a small round object that looked like it had survived through some sort of war. It was a battered old Golden Snitch, Mordecai's Lucky Charm that had been with him for more than twenty years and saw him through thick and thin. Maybe it would bring him some luck today of all days.

"You know what to do." He grinned as he held his palm flat and let the Snitch go about its business. The moment the Snitch felt the wind against it two silver wings began to hum in anticipation. A second later it was off like a twinkling blur, racing across the full length of the arena at top speed. Mordecai's eyesight wasn't as sharp as it used to be and he lost track of where the Snitch had gone but he knew it wouldn't leave the Pitch. That little walnut sized wonder had a reliable habit of always coming back to him one way or another. And today was no expectation.

Except the Snitch was just as interested in the Hogwarts students as Mordecai was. Like a tiny rocket the golden ball zoomed through one of the goal posts before it made a beeline for the cluster of Quidditch players on the ground. It narrowly avoided colliding into Ne'os Emof's forehead before it switched directions and circled around Keith, zooming in for a closer look before winging its way toward another student. It hovered like a golden hummingbird above their heads, darting this way and that as if to take a head count before it reversed its direction and sped off.

"Interesting thing, the Snitch. I swear that they have a mind of their own, magic or not." Mordecai called out as he calmly soared into view using nothing but the pressure of his legs to guide his broomstick downward. He tossed a red leather Quaffle from one hand to the next, his eyes never leaving the group below him. He didn't bother to grip the handle of the broomstick with his fist. He didn't have to. A broomstick was like a horse in many ways. You didn't need to hold onto the reins in order to ride it. It was all a matter of balance.

"Now how many of you here have actually been able to catch one of these little devils eh?" He asked as the Snitch decided to circle his head in a crazy loop-da-loop pattern that would have made anyone dizzy if they had tried to follow it with their eyes. After a third pass Mordecai tucked the Quaffle under his left arm and waited until the Snitch was hovering behind his head before he made his move. The Snitch made a valiant dive to the left but Mordecai had his fist around it before it could even whisper in his ear.

"Tricky, but not impossible." He winked as he tucked the Snitch back into the folds of his robe and adjusted his weight on his broomstick so that it dropped a good ten feet and came to a hovering stop a foot above the ground. Wearing the black, white and blue uniform of the New Zealand Nationals Mordecai looking nothing like an average Hogwarts staff member. The robe was of a different cut, less drapery and more practical, which was a dead giveaway that the style was made for a hotter climate than the Scottish highlands. However the robes suited the man wearing them, right down to the tongue baring Maori tribal face that was stitched in silver thread across his chest. Mordecai Willaburn-Warton was not your average run-of-the-mill Quid Player.

"My name is Mordecai Gunther Willaburn-Warton, known to the Quid circuit as Morty Drover, and to the rest of the world as "that Kiwi Bastard" when in fact I am not a Kiwi but an Africans. Funny old world ain't it. I've done my time with many a team over the year but am best known for the long haul I pulled with the New Zealand Nationals and the Moutohora Macaws. And if you don't know who they are then you're not meant to be a Quidditch player." He flashed the group a cheeky grin to show that he did have a sense of humour and wasn't one of those uptight sorts that did nothing but bark orders from sunup to sundown and expect you to live, breath, sleep and eat Quidditch.

"As for the rest of my credentials, I've been at this game on an professional level for nearly 22 years, and 20 of those years internationally. Now what it all boils down to is that I've had the privilege butt heads with some of the meanest, foulest and fastest people on the planet and I've got the scars to prove it. I'm here today to teach you lot what it means to be a true Quidditch player, not just some witch or wizard on a broom. I can show you what it means to stare death in the face and how to out-run the wind without leaving the confines of this Pitch to do so. I can teach you moves and strategies that only the best of the best ever get to experience and I will push you farther than you have ever dared to go in your young lives. You want to play Quidditch and Quidditch you shall play. But that all depends if you'll have me. What say you?"

The gauntlet had been thrown. Mordecai sat back on his hovering broomstick and waited to see how the group would respond. He wasn't a professor, he wasn't going to tell them what to do or to take them by the hand and make their decisions for them. They were Quidditch players. They had every right to make up their own minds for themselves.
Mordecai Warton
Mordecai Warton

Number of posts : 129
Special Abilities : Leglimens, Seer, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:27 am

Abbey wasn't sure what to say. "I'm ready for anything you throw at me, professor." Abbey said, a bit boldly. "Whatever you need me to do so I can become the best I can be." Abbey stepped back into the crowd and waited to see what Professor Warton would say.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top