A Birth day - Page 78
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 78 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 78 of 81 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 78 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:38 pm

"Thanks, Caprice," Marcus smiled, glad she was hanging around. "We'll keep him safe for you."

"I do," Robert said to Lucian. "In fact,..." He opened a floo to the main house. "Hey, can one of you find me Jess? Tell her to grab her jacket and come over. I'm going to Azkaban with Lucian and Aria, and I want her to come with us. Tell her we have an idea that this might interest her indeed." He closed the floo and looked at Marcus. "Andrew should be here soon, but if he isn't and Angus wakes..."

"If he's not here, I will manage, Robert," Marcus said.

"Has he eaten at all?"

"Part of a slice of toast and a bit more coffee," Marcus replied.

"That's fine for now. He might sleep but I wouldn't count on it. It's very likely wearing off now. You'll need to be close."

"Well, where would I go but with him?" Marcus asked. "I'll be right here. Go." He glanced at Angus and saw that, even though Angus wasn't moving a muscle, his hair was rippling slightly, as if someone were gently running their fingers through his hair. "And besides, I think I might have an assistant at the moment--at least until Andrew gets here. She wants to be close to her boy for a moment."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23802
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:45 pm

Lucian nodded having a feeling he would want to go with them. He watched as he sent a message to st Mungo's and soon after a knock came at the door Jess stood in her uniform but in slight heels.

"you called for me?" she asked and walked over to Angus finding Caprice stood next to him , she didn't touch him but just smiled as Marcus had said he had an assistant " you certainly do and that's okay" she said then looked to Robert. Aria moved to stand with Marcus.

"There's a fresh pot of tea and coffee on and I left the food in the warmer if you get hungry or if Angus does or even the kids when they get back, when we do I'll start something for dinner" Aria said to Marcus gently touching his hand to let him know she was with him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5331

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:56 pm

"We're heading to Azkaban on a hunch," Robert said. "We have a hunch that we know who our suspect is, and if we're right, it's one of your best nurses. If we're right, I reserve the right to knock her block off. I'm sure you're going to feel like doing the same. You might want to transfigure into your uniform into jeans and a warm jumper, and maybe a jacket. The transport ship is very cold this time of year."

"You could borrow Ruby's there," Marcus told Jess. "She has several jackets. She would certainly loan you one. I'd change your shoes out of heels because the deck of Cutter's ship gets wet and very slippery. You should wear some deck shoes to keep yourself safe."

"He is right about that," Robert said.

"I'm not worried about food," Marcus said. "Simone is here. If we ask, she would likely cook for us. Andrew can cook too, as I recall. We'll be fine. I'll go up and bring Elwood downstairs. He shouldn't have to be stuck up there until Andrew gets here. I'm sure he could use some coffee and some breakfast by now."

"We'll fill you in on the boat trip over," Robert told Jess. He looked at Jess and Lucian. "When you're ready, let's be off."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 13, 2024 7:05 pm

Jess looked at Robert and transfigured her clothing into jeans warm ankle boots and a jumper, she heard Marcus offer one of Ruby's coats and nodded " thank you " she said walking over to the coat rack and taking down a puffer jacket in red and slipping it on. As she heard Robert talk she paused then continued. " hum if it is her I'd like to know myself why before I terminate her" she said walking over to Robert " will this do?" she asked as she finished zipping up the jacket.

Lucian and Aria walked over and took their hands and ported them to the dock where the boat was waiting for them " good to have you back Mr Lupin" the captain said smiling " going to see the new addition are we?" aria headed on board as Lucian helped Jess onto the boat before sitting down himself.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 13, 2024 7:29 pm

"Hello, Captain Cutter. We are indeed," Robert said. "I have a question or two for her. She singlehandedly kidnapped your friend Captain Donohue and his wife last night and damned near killed Captain Donohue. He'll mend, but he's certainly got a recovery ahead of him. She's also responsible for unleashing the troll that tore through Diagon Alley last night. So, I'm already fed up with her. I doubt we'll be long, so do wait for us. You should just about have time to refuel, and we'll be right back with you, ready to go home."

Robert went below and sat down and as he did, a faint breeze passed by him, a breeze that had the scent of lilies. It made perfect sense to him. Caprice couldn't let go of this any more than he could. He knew she was onboard, at least for the moment.

The crossing was smooth, but as they were just a few minutes out from the Azkaban dock a strong breeze ripped through the cabin, tearing drapes off the cabin windows and it headed towards the bow and then ended as quickly as it began. The calm, lily scented breeze had rushed off the boat with a fury.

"She's going ahead of us, i think," Robert said.

As they disembarked from the ship and they went inside, Robert heard a woman's loud, sudden terrified screams.

"This way," Robert called to Aria and Lucian and Jess. He ran down the corridor towards the isolation cells. As he got close to the right cell door, he shouted at the guards. "Open the damned door!" Robert shouted. "Now!" When the guards opened the door, they seemed to be frozen with fear. Robert raced ahead of them.

Dora Hackett was hanging in mid air by something that had grasped ahold of her by the throat.

"If you do this," Robert said, speaking to Caprice, "she will die but she will never have to face justice. Please--put her down so we can talk to her." He still did not want to reveal Caprice's name to anyone." It took a moment but Dora was slowly lowered to the floor. She was clearly terrified.

"This is exactly who we thought it was," Robert said to Jess. "Dora Hackett, of all the unlikely people."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 13, 2024 7:38 pm

Jess sat as the boat took off but looked next to Robert as she saw Caprice sat there and she smiled knowing Dora would have the fury of a mother scorned when they arrived. and that's what happened she watched her fly out the boat " should we wait a bit" she asked with a smirk. Captain Cutter came out from his cabin and looked at Robert.

" sorry not had that happen before , welp I'll refuel while you visit" he said with a chuckle " oh and give her my love" he said his smile faltering knowing Robert would understand what he meant.

Aria, Jess and Lucian all stepped on the dock and looked at the towering building, when Robert lead them inside Lucian stoic as ever just walked his face straight ahead, where as Aria could not help look around the corridors. Reaching the cell where the cries were coming from Aria stepped in behind Robert and crossed her arms moving slightly so Jess could step in too.

Jess once she stepped in frowned and looked at the woman hung up by her throat then lowered " I would have dropped you on your ass" she said folding her arms across her chest in annoyance of being used by the woman. " tell us why you did all this Dora?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 13, 2024 7:54 pm

Dora gasped for air for a moment or two, regaining herself before she spoke.

"You self righteous git," Dora scowled at Jess. "Why are you even here? You don't even know how much I hate you. You jumped up little hussy. You don't know how you insult your nurses each and every day--ordering them around like you're a military sergeant. We're nurses--we're caring people, caretakers. We're your colleagues, not your own personal platoon. You don't need to act like the minute you speak, we all have to jump. Stop it! Grow the hell up! Would it hurt you to ask instead of issuing orders like we're robots? What's the matter with you?" She glared at Robert. "And you! You just let her run unchecked. You let her treat everyone on staff like they're dirt under her feet..."

"Dora, enough. What does this have to do with Angus Donohue?"

"And there's another one. Doesn't even work, and he sits at home and rakes in the money. Well, I'm sick of your staff manager there, and I'm sick of you, and I'm sick of rich lazy prats like Donohue. There's a woman in France that will pay good money for him, dead or alive. The minute I deliver him, she'll pay me enough money to keep me for the rest of my life, and when that happens you can take your arrogant little shift healer and shove her up your own..."

"Enough," Robert said. He walked over to her and got right in her face. "Understand something right now. You will never, never ever get the chance to touch the Donohues ever again. I will personally make sure that you are convicted for 2 counts of kidnapping, one count of attempted murder and every other charge I can find. The only place you're going to go, if you ever leave here alive, is to the death chamber where I will personally cross you over myself. Do you understand me?"

"You'll never get that far," she laughed in his face.

"We'll see, Dora," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 13, 2024 8:07 pm

Jess stood stone faced as she heard Dora ranting she knew she didn't order the nurses around and she was a good person. She left Dora to Robert Aria moved next to Jess as she stood her fists balled at her sides. jess looked at Robert as she spoke " I'm going to do something out of my character" she said walking over to Dora she socked her one right in the jaw sending her sprawling back on the dirty floor. " that is for Angus " she hit her again" this is for Ruby and this" she hit her hard again " that is well for me" she added and stood up wriggling her fingers she walked back to where every one stood " sorry , think I broke my hand" she said then looked to Aria " yes I do feel better before you ask" Aria chuckled .

"guessed as much" she said smirking Lucian looked at Jess and chuckled.

"so nothing new there, the geldings have a bounty out on Angus." he looked at Dora " thanks for the info" he said as he made a note of it and left the cell leaving Robert with Aria and Jess.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 13, 2024 8:25 pm

Robert turned to leave, and he heard sudden screaming again. He whirled back around to see Dora had been lifted up in the air again, upside down this time, and she was being slammed into the stone wall over and over and over.

"I don't see a thing," Robert said, willing to let Caprice at her. "I think we're done here. Let's go home." He turned to walk out of the cell, and he heard whispered muttering. Chanting. He whirled back around and saw that Dora was weaving a dark arts spell.

At that moment, Angus woke, screaming, his good hand clutching the side of his head in agonizing pain. Marcus flew to him, not knowing what the hell was happening.

"He's being attacked!" Anise ran in. "I can hear it. Dark arts spell!" Marcus wasn't a healer, but he couldn't let this continue.

"On the med cart, someone find the dreamless sleep potion--now! Hurry! We have to stop this at once, and its the only thing I can think of...." Marcus said. At that moment, a roar of thunder seemed to happen right in the center of the living room, and Kate apparated in, in a huge ball of blinding white light.

"I don't know how to stop it!" Anise called to Kate.

"Let me," Kate said.

In Azkaban the same sort of roaring clap of thunder exploded from the center of Dora's cell, and a tornado-like wind spun around in a circle, knocking everyone in the cell to the floor, and then the wind rushed out of the room with blinding speed.

"You didn't bind her!" Robert bellowed, grasping his wrist in pain. "Stop her! Don't let her finish the spell!"

At home every door blew open and every window shattered, except the stained glass ceiling.

"Jesus!" Edward exclaimed. It made him run to Angus's side of the duplex, knowing Caprice's handiwork when he heard it. Kate was going to Angus, and she laid her hands on both sides of his head, hoping to interrupt the spell. At that moment, Marcus and Anise and Edward all saw Caprice appear and take over Kate's body to combine her energies with Kate's to work to try to stop the spell.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 13, 2024 8:32 pm

Lucian heard the scream and poked his head around the door and saw Dora being slapped against the wall he chuckled but then paused as he moved back to the door hearing the chanting. "idiots" he called out to the guards around them. Grabbing his cuffs he snapped them around her wrists and cast a spell to bind her along with a Petrificus totalus to stop her mouth moving. He looked back at Robert as he stood over Dora looking back he hoped he would bind her magic for him . " my cuff have a binding spell on them and I cast what was easiest to shut her mouth" he said and shrugged. " shes stopped." he added.

Aria pulled Jess out of the way letting Robert and Lucian deal with Dora again. both stood outside the cell.

Back at the duplex Ruby hearing Angus cry out ran from the other side stopping when she saw Kate with Caprices face slightly over it. She moved to the bed side and stood watching them. " you can do it" she said to Kate caprice.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 81 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top