A Birth day - Page 89
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 89 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 89 of 92 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 89 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:29 pm

"You might as well know, I suppose," Angus told Lucian. "Robert's secretary at St. Mungos, Portia, just called here looking for Robert. Apparently there was a robbery about 20 minutes ago. One of the lockers in the nurses locker room was broken into and robbed. Took everything in it. And, not surprisingly, the locker was Dora Hackett's. Now what on earth was Dora keeping in her locker that someone was willing to break in to it for? At any rate, we have a possibility of someone else in the case that we didn't know about before."

"Maybe they weren't in the case so much as just wanting a cut of whatever profits she believed she was going to get from turning you over to Suzanne."

"Well, if that's the case, then someone doesn't have very high moral values if they want to profit from someone else's misery," Angus said.

"Well, yes. There is that," Marcus said, putting a plate on the overbed table for Angus. "Here. Eat. Kids, you'd better fix your plates."

"We're heading," Anise said, motioning to Victor and Ginger.

"Cottage pie if you're hungry, Lucian," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23854
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:34 pm

Lucian listened and frowned at Angus words " sounds like it" he said " I'll send some of my men over to investigate the locker, might as well" he added " might want to boost the security around here for a bit until we figure out the hows and whys of all this and not the added who" he said smelling the cottage pie. Hearing Marcus he smiled " my favourite dish" he said walking over and taking some for himself " taste great" he said smiling.

Ruby and Aria looked at Angus as he said there might be some one else involved because of the brake in " then we best stop them too or at least inform them the geldings are not good at paying debts" Ruby said looking towards Angus " hopefully that will deter any more from trying" she smiled seeing the teens grab some food for them selves as she ate her own food.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5384

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:53 pm

"Well, at the very least, somehow we need to let them know that Dora didn't cash in on anything because I am still very much alive," Angus said.

"Sounds like another call to Rita Skeeter," Edward said.

"Hell no," Angus frowned. "On second thought, I think I'll take my chances and leave things just the way they are with Marcus as my faithful shadow."

"I rather prefer that plan myself," Marcus laughed. "Besides, I don't think you really want your picture, with all the bruises and cuts and bandages and casts plastered all over the front page of the Prophet or the Quibbler or both."

"No. I don't. Not at all. Why don't we just slip her some Veritaserum and interrogate the crap out of her, aside from the fact that it isn't legal?" Angus sighed, wishing that was exactly what they could do. "Look, I'm kidding. At this point, we might just have to bide our time and wait and see if anyone tires something. Unless we can come up with some way to offer me up as bait."

"Absolutely not," Marcus frowned.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:58 pm

Lucian listened as he ate once he was done he herd them talking and chuckled " Have to agree with Marcus on that, Rita isn't the best to let that kinda news out, she's more than likely to make it something big and fantastical" he added standing with his arms folded " in my opinion , stay hid and quiet I'm sure they will ether give up or try again and then our men will be waiting." he added as he saw the look on Ruby's face.

Ruby looked at Lucian and frowned at his words " I should hope so I don't fancy having to explain to Edward why Angus was beat to hell again or kidnapped " she said Lucian nodded and smiled Aria looked at Ruby and calmed her. " but I think I get what you mean" she said taking her plate to the kitchen now she was done eating.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:24 pm

"I don't necessarily like being bait either, you know, but sometimes it can be a very effective plan," Angus said.

"No," Marcus said. "I think we should perhaps make sure Irene's people are still watching Suzanne's place very closely and perhaps watching Dora's bank accounts."

"Ah, well, about those accounts," Edward said.

"What about them?" Marcus frowned.

"Our attorney has already put legal holds on every one of them that he could find," Edward said.

"Well, that's a good thing, actually. We'll know what happens to every cent, then," Marcus said. Elwood finished his supper and opened up the paper, starting at the back of the paper, as was his habit.

"Um. Angus, do you normally communicate by classifieds in the Prophet?" Elwood asked.

"No. Never," Angus said. "Why?"

"Classified ad in tonght's paper. It reads: 'Angus Donohue stole my money, and I want it back."

"What?" Angus frowned.

"No name or address to contact them with," Elwood said. Marcus picked up the paper and read the ad.

"I vote nutjob," Marcus said, handing the paper to Aria so she read the ad too.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:28 pm

Aria took the paper and read it then placed it down on the table " I vote that too" she said 2 besides nobody reads the classifieds anymore" she added as Lucian picked it up and read it.

"I'll look into it" he said simply " might get a name of who ever it was placed the add" he said making note of the paper name and publisher. Ruby had heard Angus and nodded to him.

"I don't like you being bait ether." she said listening to Edward talk of what the lawyer had said " Edwards right " she said simply as she cleared the table of dinner items and wiped it down clean before lifting the girls out of their high chairs and placing them into the play pen.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:43 pm

"What's for dessert?" Elwood asked."

"Myrtle tart," Angus teased.

"What?" Elwood frowned.

"Long story. Bilberry tart," Marcus said. "You in for a slice of French bilberry tart, Lucian?"

"I'll help serve," Ginger said, heading to the kitchen to pour coffee and to help serve the tart.

"By the way, Victor, did you let your Fae dog lose, like Ruby told you?"

"Fae what?" Elwood frowned. "Has this household lost its mind entirely?"

"I set it out on the porch. I'm not sure I want to let it go," Victor said. "What if I'm right?"

"My brilliant son here thinks he's caught a new species of creature. He thinks its a Fae dog," Angus said.

"A Fae dog. There is no such thing," Elwood said.

"That's what I said, and its what Ruby said too," Angus replied. "Show Elwood your dog, and don't you dare open that jar." Victor got the jar and showed it to Elwood. Elwood scowled deeply at Victor.

"That's a flying purple pain-in-the-ass," Elwood scowled. "That's what that is. Get a flyswatter, and I'll whomp it for you and get rid of it. It's a doxy. Fae do not have canines. Take it outside, open the jar, and point it away from you and hope it flies off and leaves you alone. If you don't know what a doxy is, I'm going to get you a set of magical creature books, and we're going to teach you. Either that, or we'll ask Jack to give you enough overtime with the creatures until you learn them."

"Here, enjoy, everyone," Ginger said, passing around slices of the bilberry tart and mugs of coffee. "Courtesy of Beauxbatons."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:51 pm

Ruby chuckled when Angus called the tarte a Myrtle tart. Lucian chuckled too and nodded " I will certainly try this Myrtle tart " he said taking a slice from Anise as she handed it to him " thankyou my dear" he said smiling as he took a bite " yum tastes very good" he said as he took a second bite and ate.

Ruby ate her piece and smiled to Anise " it is wonderful" she said seeing Aria eating hers too and nod. At the mention of the doxy she looked at Elwood " we have creature books I have ben reading them so I know what animals are what, and I'm on book two , I did offer book one so he could brush up but he said nope" she told him with a chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:16 pm

"My great great grandsons will not be nitwits," Elwood said firmly. "You are going to learn your creatures, Victor, if I have to live to 200 to do it. You are not a nimrod, and I will not have you looking like one."

"You almost sounds like you mean that," Victor frowned.

"Oh, I do, dear boy, I do," Elwood said. Angus got up, and he walked a couple steps to get the jar from Elwood. Then he walked to the front door and stepped out on the porch. Marcus sighed and went with him.

"You surely aren't worried about security on the porch, are you?" Elwood asked Marcus.

"No. I'm more worried that I'll have to scoop him up off the ground when his energy runs out," Marcus said. He went out with Angus, and he watched Angus open the jar. The doxy didn't attempt to fly out.

"Leave," Angus told it. It did nothing. He turned the jar upside down and shook it and the doxy fell to the porch floor and didn't attempt to fly away.

"Mate," Marcus frowned. "I do believe it can't fly. Looks like it has an injured wing or something."

"You do know that the grounds crew won't be happy about nursing an injured doxy," Angus sighed. He whistled for Minos, and soon Minos fluttered over. "Minos, look. Victor caught a doxy, and now it can't fly. What should I do with it?" Minos looked at the doxy, looked at Angus and then slapped his hands together to indicated that Minos preferred to smash it. "You are not helpful," Angus frowned. He wanted to reach down to the doxy, and he couldn't do it without Marcus's help. When Angus reached down to the doxy, though, it gently crawled up onto the palm of his hand.

"You're going to take the damned thing back in the house, aren't you?" Marcus sighed.

"Look, if I had a broken wing, would you smash me?"

"You're not a doxy either," Marcus said. He picked up the jar and the lid, and Angus went back inside with the doxy sitting on his open hand.

"Ru," Angus said. "I did try to let it go, but I don't think it can."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:22 pm

Ruby watched from the sofa as Angus picked up the jar and went to the porch with Marcus only to return moments later with the doxy in his hand. Standing she walked over to him and looked at the Doxy " yeah looks like hes damaged his wing" she said " might explain why he was on the ground and Victor thought it was a fae dog" she said with a chuckle , holding out her hand she spoke softly to it " I can help" she said softly watching as it slowly climbed into her hand.

Looking at Angus she smiled " give me a moment" she said walking down to the basement then returning with a cage but with soft bedding in it. Taking two small popsicle sticks she folded the wing up and wrapped it gently before placing the doxy in the cage " I'm sorry but we can't have you wandering around the duplex, you'll be safe here till you heal" she told it and smiled as it crawled into the bedding and settled down. " they may be pests but even a hurt one needs tending to when hurt." she said smiling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 89 of 92 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top