A Birth day - Page 66
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 66 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 66 of 84 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 75 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 66 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:52 pm

"They're perfect. They're a perfect match, and they're the same size and color of the stone in the necklace. Thank you so much. They're a perfect set," Anise smiled.

"Well, yes, I rather expected that. Can't say as I blame them," Marcus said. "We really do far too little celebrating here, or even just getting together for a simple meal. I suppose that's what happens, though when one is always looking over one's shoulder, and we've had a lot of that lately. As long as Angus and Ruby aren't here for the moment, I think you and I should be at the ready. The fact that the seers are all getting some rumblings of dark magic afoot, we need to be prepared for anything. It does rather bother me that we know Suzanne has most likely not stopped obsessing about getting revenge on Angus, but we've heard absolutely nothing. In my book that can only mean she's plotting something and will strike when and how we least expect it. I realize we can only do so much to be at the ready, but I don't like it at all. If I've learned anything, people rarely deviate from a behavior pattern they're really dug into. I think we need to expect that she is going to show up sooner or later."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23814
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:02 pm

Ruby smiled and glanced at Angus and smiled " well I did get them from the same jeweller and he seemed to know exactly what I needed" she said as she looked back at Anise.

Aria listened to Marcus and nodded knowing he was right " yeah, it is unsettling that shes not one anything, yet" she said placing down her mug of beer on a table next to her. She heard him talk more and nodded again to him " agreed there Marcus" she said softly as she looked around the room. Now even she was on high alert but knew nobody could get close thanks to the extra security Jack had arranged.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5344

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:19 pm

An hour or so later, Angus noticed Elwood tiring, and Andrew was trying to talk him into going home and calling it a day. Elwood didn't want to be the first to leave. Not wanting him to overtire himself and undo the progress Elwood had made, Angus went over to Elwood.

"Hey, Elwood," Angus said, "I'm going to head home. I have things to do for morning. I know its been a long day. If you're ready to go, you can go with me."

"You're really going back?" Elwood asked.

"Yes. I've been asked to make cinnamon rolls for tomorrow, and that's a yeast dough. It has to be made tonight to be ready for morning, and it takes a big, big batch of dough. That, and I think I've done enough worrying about that girl of mine and her contest today to wear out a dozen dads."

"You didn't have a thing to worry about," Elwood frowned. "She's a natural born fighter. You give her one little technique and she'll turn it on its head and make a mammoth advantage out of it. If I didn't honestly know better, I'd say she inherited your natural abilities. As it is, she's learned something from every fighter here, I think. If you're going home, though, yes. I would go with you. I am a notch beyond knackered, whatever that is."

"I know what that feels like," Angus said. "Andrew, feel free to stay. I think Elwood and I can handle it."

"Are you sure?" Andrew asked.

"Of course. Take the rest of the evening and have a good time," Angus said. He pushed Elwood's wheelchair from the shelterhouse to the duplex.

"Stay and enjoy yourself," Marcus told Aria, getting up. "I'll go do a security check and see if Minos is interested in taking over early for one night. I'll signal you one way or the other when I get a chance." He followed Angus and Elwood back to the duplex.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:24 pm

Ruby saw Elwood wavering and then smiled hearing Angus say he was headed back " I think I'll call it a night too I'll let Anise know" she said " see you there soon" she added as she walked over to Anise " enjoy your party, your dad and I are headed home" she said smiling as she gave her a hug again " you are our champion for sure" she said smiling to her.

Aria heard Marcus and nodded " go ahead " she said to him as she moved to stand behind Ruby " I'll be here watching them to make sure nothing you wouldn't want to happen doesn't happen" she said with a smile to the teens. " don't worry I'm no party pooper" she added and chuckled seeing the look on the teens faces.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:39 pm

When they got back to the duplex, Marcus looked at Angus.

"I'll give Elwood a hand, and you get onto that batch of dough. I think we can handle it without you," Marcus replied. Marcus took Elwood upstairs, helped him through a quick shower and then helped him to bed.

Angus, meanwhile, started with blooming the yeast for the dough and then added the rest of the ingredients and started the laborious process of kneading the mammoth big batch of dough. When he had it to the texture he wanted, he covered the huge bowl with a clean towel, cast a slight warming spell to help the dough rise and then put the dough on the counter.

By then, Marcus had made a security check, and Edward and Simone had also decided to call it a night. They had gone over to the main house, picked up the babies, had brought them back and changed them both into onesies with feet so they would be warm during the night and took them up to their cribs. It wasn't more than about three minutes before the tired babies were sound asleep. Then Edward and Simone headed home to go to bed.

Angus moved on to make a big breakfast casserole that had everything in one spot--eggs, sausage, bacon, onions, bell peppers, cheese and put it all in a hashbrown crust. He baked the hashbrown crust, made the filling and put the filling in a bowl in the fridge so that all he had to do was pour the filling into the hashbrown crust, add more cheese on the top and bake it while the cinnamon rolls were baking. Then, as a last thought, he made a large fruit salad and put it in a big bowl in the fridge and he got the coffee pot ready to brew so that, in the morning, all he needed to do was turn on the coffee, bake the casserole and bake the cinnamon rolls.

"I thought you were just making the dough," Marcus said.

"I was, but I went ahead and made the fruit salad, a big egg casserole, and I even got the coffee ready. All we'll need to do in the morning is put the breakfast in the oven and turn the coffee pot on. It's all ready to go."

"Well, both sides are all secure for the moment. I'll see if Minos wants to take over early but if not, I'll stay until Minos's shift starts," Marcus said, heading outside to talk to Minos

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:44 pm

Ruby ported to the Duplex and noticed Angus in the kitchen " smells wonderful in here" she said smiling to him as she watched him bake and make the breakfast items. " Aria is watching the teens " she said " I came back because.." she paused as she yawned " I'm bushed and its been a long day" she said then saw Simone and Edward " thanks for getting the babies" she said to them as they headed to their side of the duplex. Slipping off her shoes she sat down on the couch and lent back .

Aria chuckled a she saw some of the pack now dancing and having a good time along with Jack and Jess who were both dancing but not drinking. Aria just watched them all having fun knowing staying with every one was now her job for a while at least.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:01 pm

"It has definitely been a really long day. I'm tired too," Angus said. "I was asked to make cinnamon rolls, and it struck me that Elwood has not seen my cinnamon rolls, so I thought I'd better turn some out. Breakfast is as ready as it can be until morning, though. I think I'll go upstairs and shower while its quiet. I'll be right back. You know, there's nothing wrong with us heading up to bed and leaving our kids to decide for themselves when they want to come home. Ginger and Anise know when curfew is, and I think they know better than to try me." Angus went up and showered, and Marcus came in, going over with Minos what he had done with checking the doors and windows. Minos was nodding but waving Marcus to go and leave things in his hands.

"Minos is taking over early," Marcus said to Ruby. "I'm going to signal to Aria that I'm heading home. I think she's enjoying herself, and she deserves to. The outdoor crew can handle security for the party goers tonight. And if things go off the rails, the pack can just eat the intruders. If you need anything during the night, though, you know how to reach us. It was a nice day, but I'm sure glad we're past it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:09 pm

Ruby smiled and nodded to Angus as he said he was tired too " yeah" she said and patted his shoulder as he walked past her and up to shower " leave some hot water for me!" she called after him laughing a she took out her book as she heard him talk of letting the teens do what they wanted for the night since they were old enough and knew their curfew time." agreed I'm not up to running after them tonight" she said as she saw him head up and Marcus do his nightly checks as Minos flew in too.

Ruby yawned again and nodded to Marcus as he said he would let Aria know he was headed home too. " good idea. she might head back to the cottage too" Ruby said " I'm so beat and ready to hit the hay " she said with a yawn.

Aria saw every one winding down and looked to the teens " okay you know your curfew, I'm headed out, be good" she said to them and chuckled a she headed down to the duplex. Now she stepped out into the cool air and breathed out with one look back she then began walking towards the duplex. Pushing open the door she saw Marcus " ready to head home?" she asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:18 pm

Angus finished his shower and went into the bedroom, turned lights down low and got into bed, yawning. He was too tired to read tonight. He just wanted to sleep.

"I am," Marcus said. "Minos and the Fae are on duty here, and Minos assured me they'll check the house again after the kids come home, so I'm off the hook a little early. It's a good thing too. I think I'm as tired as Angus and Ruby were. I vote we call it a day." He looked out across the yard and saw Robert and Kate heading back to the house and saw Michael and Daniella apparate out.

"Looks like some of the others are tired too," Marcus said. "I bet it'll all be overwith and quiet in another hour or so. This crew just gets up entirely too early to party all night. And I don't honestly think it's anyone's style here anyway. Let's go home. I'm pretty sure I hear my pillow calling me."

He stepped outside and after Aria was out, he closed the door and locked it and then headed for home with her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:21 pm

Ruby headed up to their room and changed she was sat in bed before Angus stepped out the bathroom , placing dowen her book she smiled as he lowered the lights and lay down, she lay next to him her arm resting over his waist " night love" she said softly to him.

Aria nodded as Marcus spoke " that's good" she said and followed him out of the duplex " its been a great day but exhausting" she said seeing the others head out and she chuckled "I really don't think the teens will be out for too long" she added taking Marcus hand in her own as they walked across to the cottage.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 84 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 75 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top