A Birth day - Page 34
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 34 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 34 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:48 pm

Angus went over to talk to Ana about the Bulgarian minister of magic and his family.

"Well, you, of all people, understand that since Bulgaria is so close to us in Romania, we do know of their minister of magic. The minster has three children. Two girls and a boy. The boy is the middle child. Danica is the oldest. If I remember correctly, she is probably a fourth year now. Fourth or fifth. The boy is Stefan. He's 12 or 13. I forget just which, and Mileva is the youngest. This would be her first year. She's eleven. Their mother, Deni, is known over most of the continent because she is quite a beautiful woman. Their father, Vasil Nikolov is also a handsome man. Vasil and Marcus got to be fairly close, close enough that when the children were born, Marcus was named the godfather of all of those children, and there have been many, many, many pictures in Bulgarian and Romanian newspapers with Marcus accompanying Deni or Vasil or the children to various events."

"I didn't know Marcus was the godfather of the children," Angus said. "He never mentioned that."

"Well, I can't answer why he didn't mention it, but I do know that there was a bit of a kerfuffle when the normal diplomats weren't named as the godparents to the children and this unknow man was the godfather not just to one but to all three," Ana said. "And then it blew up again when people found out he was British. Vasil said that he and Deni gave that honor to Marcus because they believed that if something ever happened to them that Marcus would always care well for the children and make sure they were safe. So that was, basically the end of that. The children consider him an uncle figure of sorts, or so I've heard. So it makes perfect sense that if any of the children were in trouble, Vasil would want Marcus's help."

"Makes all the sense in the world."

"You may find that Vasil and his family come here, perhaps with a tutor, to be near whichever child is injured."

"Marcus mentioned Mileva."

"Oh, that's not good," Ana frowned. "She's got her mother's stunning beauty, and she's a little bit of a thing, just a bit bigger than Marcus's own Poppy. The other children are made of sturdier stock, like their father. Mileva is a petite little thing with their mother's slender build and delicate features. Mark my words. That is going to cause trouble."

"Well, and if they come here, they're going to need someplace to stay."

"They're independent by nature and do not need a huge staff. A cook perhaps, maybe a housekeeper, but other than that, they don't have much staff at home."

"Thank you. I think we should plan for them in case they come here. I appreciate it."

"Where would you put them?"

"Well, it makes sense that they would want to be close to Marcus, so I'll ask Aria if they have room to put them up there if they come."

"And if I can help, tell her to please let me know," Ana said.

"I will. Thanks," Angus said. He went back home and relayed the conversation to Aria and Ruby. "What do you think, Aria? Do you want to have them stay with you? Do you think that Marcus would want that? And if so, how can we help prepare for them?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:01 pm

Aria had heard what Angus said and looked at him. " you don't have to ask , she can share poppy's room and we can add another guest room in for the time being for any one else who comes" she said her arms folded " can't leave her stuck in where she can stay, nope she and whom ever are welcome, I'll start on the changes right away "she smiled to Angus " once Marcus returns.

Ruby had heard Angus too and smiled " we can send over some sheets and blankets for the beds" she said and Aria smiled . Both women knew there was a lot to get ready.

"I can also ask Johnathon if he could help with the room extension and addition too" Aria added as Ruby nodded " but I need to talk to Marcus we could get all this ready and he take her someplace else" she added but I'll get the cottage ready in case" she moved to the floo and opened it " Johnathon, you there?" she asked knowing they were only not far away but she could not leave the duplex , not while Marcus was not there, it was her job.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:09 pm

"Aria, there shouldn't be anybody at your house. Jonathan and Claire are at Michael's place, remember? They're trying to get the shop cleaned up and restocked and get their place refurnished," Angus said. "What about the extra bedrooms over in the carriage house that came with the cottage. I remember Marcus saying he had extra bedrooms and a rec room over there. I bet he's bought all sorts of linens and towels and they're possibly stashed in the linen closet over there. You might want to check. I'd at least look and see what you have there. You'll need two guest rooms besides Poppy's room. Since the kids are all back in school, you might be able to put Stefan in Kai's or Zane's room, and put Danica and Mileva in Poppy's room. That only leaves one guest room needed for the minister and his wife, and you could let them use the room that Jonathan and Claire used since they're not at the cottage anymore. If you do still need to add rooms or do transfigurations, let me know. I can do it. If you need help getting the rooms ready, we'll just go over and do it. Or you and Ruby and Simone could go. I'll stay here with Andrew and Elwood. Whatever works."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:14 pm

Aria heard Angus and chuckled nodding her head" that's right, sorry I forgot about that and yes we do have those rooms above the old coach house" she said listening to his suggestions again " right , Ruby and I could go there not that big and we'd need two one to make the beds in the guest rooms and one to change he bedding in the boys and poppy's room" she said and looked to Ruby.

Ruby chukled and walke dover to Aria " we can get it sone , don't stress" she said and looked at Angus" would you be oksy watching the girls" she asked as she looked over at the play pen " though they are napping right nbow so we could pop over and do it now" she added as she saw Aria nod .

"we'll be right back" Aria said and walked to the door Ruby paused and kissed Angus .

"I'll keep her busty so she doesn't stress too much" she said and chuckled as she quickly followed her out the door.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:47 pm

"It's fine. Go ahead," Angus said. When they left, Angus went to the bookshelf and got out a notebook that he didn't use very often.

"I'm going up...wait. What are you doing?" Andrew laughed.

"If we're housing the Bulgarian minister of magic, and he and his family are stressed, the one thing we can do to make them feel welcome is to make sure they have some very traditional Bulgarian comfort food dishes. This notebook has some dishes I got from Ana's parents years ago, and if I run out of ideas, I'll ask Ana to cook with me," Angus said. "Ana's parents sent the recipes for my gran, and I made copies of them for this notebook. This just is an overflow notebook with recipes I dont make so much. Now, what were you saying?"

"Elwood would like to come downstairs, so I'm going to go get him," Andrew said.

"By all means," Angus grinned. "I'm glad he isn't interested in just wasting away up there."

"I don't want to give false hope but I think he's showing signs of showing a little interest in life, and that's because he has some family who have taken an interest in him, his wellbeing, and what he honestly wants--not what someone else wants for him."

"I hope he keeps making progress. By all means, bring him down," Angus said. Andrew went upstairs while Angus looked at his few Bulgarian and Romanian recipes. He decided on some Bulgarian stuffed cabbage rolls, and a Romanian potato salad, and for dessert some pumpkin tikvenik pastries. With those recipes set, he looked towards supper, and he decided on moussaka, a shopska salad, and a Bulgarian honey cake, called a medovik cake. With the recipes decided, he headed to the kitchen to cook.

A moment later, Andrew brought Elwood downstairs, and he had Andrew take him to the kitchen so he could watch Angus cook and perhaps talk to him about what he was cooking. Andrew poured a mug of fresh tea for him and set it on the table for Elwood.

Things were fine until Caprice rolled over and bumped her nose on the floor of the playpen and started to wail.

"Bring her to me," Elwood said. Andrew picked up Caprice and handed her to Elwood. He asked Andrew for Caprice's pain potion and gave her just a tiny miniscule amount and before long, she was falling back to sleep on his shoulder.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:16 pm

Aria and Ruby walked over to the cottage entering both headed to the upstairs and as Ruby changed the bedding on Poppy's bed Aria went to the rooms above the old coach house and made them clean , once clean she added clean sheets and bedding and opened the windows to let in the air and freshen the rooms. As she did she saw Joseph and Digger walking towards them. " hey Joseph" she said and waved as he did along with Digger making her smile and Joseph laugh .

Ruby once finished with the bedding change she headed up to Aria and helped make the double bed oi one of the rooms " okay rooms clean and aired out ready" Aria said spreading out the duvet on the bed and looking at Ruby who nodded to her. Together they walked back to the duplex and smiled seeing Elwood sat downstairs.

"hey Elwood " Ruby said and saw a sleeping Caprice on his shoulder " wow usually she hates anyone but Angus, nice work" she said and smiled walking over and checking her but returning to her seat and sitting down.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:46 pm

"She knows an old granddad when she sees one," Elwood said. "Besides, I might have given her a smidgen of pain potion after she banged her nose on the floor. That was painful, I'm sure. So I took care of it, and she's just finishing her snooze while I finish my tea and drool over Angus's Bulgarian lunch and supper he's making. It smells phenomenal in here."

It was then that Angus heard the sound of porting--not apparating. It drew Angus to the window. Marcus, Michael and Sergio were back, and the three of them looked like they were certainly worse for wear. This had not gone well or easily. But he also saw that Marcus was carrying a child. She had long dark blond hair that hung loosely over his arm, and she was wrapped in a blanket. She was very obviously curled into his chest, and he looked like he was speaking softly to her.

Angus dried his hands quickly, tossed the towel on the counter and hurried outside.

"Can I help you with something?"

"Handkerchief? Tissue?" Marcus asked. Angus accio'd a handkerchief, and when it came, Angus caught it. "Wipe her nose for her, please? She's been crying." Angus wiped her nose and wiped away the tears on her face."

"We alerted Jess," Angus said. "She was going to set up in sick bay for her."

"Thank you. As soon as I get her there, I'll try to reach her father. No doubt he's out of his mind by now."

"You lot need some plasters yourself. What happened?"

"Doesn't matter. She's safe. That's all that counts," Marcus said. "I'll have to get something set up for her family..."

"We've already been on it. And lunch for them will be ready in about 30 minutes."

"You guys are the best," Marcus said. "The absolute best. Give me a few and I'll let you know if I need something else."

"You've got it," Angus said. Marcus carried Mileva over to the main house. "What happened?"

"Effing damned dragons," Michael cussed, angry. "They've got effing dragons as sentries around each side of that castle. "We were nearly made into charcoal briquettes."

"God."

"Marcus took the worst of it because he got caught up in wanting to reach Mileva fast, and he lost his head just long enough to not think about castle security. He just outpaced us and took more of the fire blast than we did," Michael said. "I don't think it even phased him. His mind was on the mission, purely."

"So what happened to the girl?"

"Their equivalent of the care of magical creatures. Very aggressive fire crabs. She was burned pretty badly when the class got out of hand."

"Well, she's in the right place, then, because Robert and Jess and Nigel can certainly handle that."

"Agreed, and Robert will do his best to put her skin back to rights as soon as its healed. You have lunch in the works already for her family?"

"Yes. And supper too."

"You're a good crew. Alright. We'll get you news as soon as we can," Michael said, as he and Sergio headed to the main house.

Marcus went in the back door and went straight down to sickbay with Mileva and laid her on one of the empty beds there.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:00 am

Jess had just finished placing the last item on a sterile tray ready to be used should it be needed a clean sheet was laid on the bed ready for the patient. Seeing Marcus she motioned to the nurse " start cleaning him up I'll tent to the girl " she said walking over to Marcus as she gently took the girls hand and held it for a moment " all right " she said softly and moved to her head setting her energies right and sending some of her own to strengthen hers so she could start the burns healing.

The nurse took some saline and wet a gauze and began to wipe Marcus face clean but was stopped as a hand took the gauze from her , Aria had followed them down to the sick bag and now took the gauze wetting it again she wiped Marcus face gently clean . "So charcoal briquettes?" she said with a smirk as she continued cleaning his wounds gently. Jess looked up then back to the girl.

"your safe, your going to be okay" she said softly to the girl "Marcus whats her name?" Jess asked and brushed some of the girls hair out of her face.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:15 am

"Her name is Mileva," Marcus told Jess. "Mileva Nikolov, and she's eleven. Until her father gets here, she's my responsibility. She's my goddaughter. She doesn't speak English--just Bulgarian and Romanian. She's highly allergic to vampyr mosp stings. I'll try to reach her parents. I might need a bit to get them here, but I'll do my best." Marcus spoke to Mileva very softly to reassure her. She was frightened about him walking away from her even for a moment. He had to take a bit to introduce Jess to her, and he gave her an amusing description of Nigel, believing Nigel would be along to help fairly soon-ish.

"Jess," he pointed at Jess, to help reinforce to Mileva that she was Jess, and Jess was safe to trust. Then he asked her to repeat the people she knew.

"Jess," Mileva said in a small voice, gesturing towards Jess. "Mileva," she pointed to herself. "Chico Marko," she pointed to Marcus.

"Bulgarian for Uncle Marcus," he told Jess.

"Voda?" she asked.

"Voda is water," Marcus said. "She'd like a little water if she can have it." He reassured her he wouldn't be far but he was going to go try to reach her father. "I'll go try to make a floo call and I'll be straight back," he told Jess.

"We're here," Sergio called from the doorway. "I can translate if she needs it."

"Thanks," Marcus said. He fairly bounded up the stairs to get to the floo.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:27 am

Aria finished up the last mark on Marcus and heard Mileva as for some water moving she picked up a bottle of chilled water and pored it into a glass walking over she smiled to her " Aria "she said then held out the water "studena voda" she said softly to her repeating the word she had used for water and showed her the bottle placing it next to her on the table before looking at Marcus " I know a few word and that was one of them."

Jess looked to Mileva and smiled nodding hr head " Jess" she said softly then looked to Marcus " That's good to know, I'll put you on the forms as next of kin, its just formality before you ask." Jess said smiling to Mileva as Aria gave her some water. " we'll keep he here until Robert or Nigel has given her the okay to be moved, you can stay too, I need to check you over for anything serious after your dragon meeting." she said softly so not to scare Mileva as she was treating her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top