A Birth day - Page 65
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 65 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 65 of 84 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 74 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 65 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:51 pm

"Oh, cinnamon rolls," Marcus said, "Yes, we need lots of those. I think that would be a great way to start a Sunday morning."

"Wait. What?" Angus laughed. "You do realize that this is Saturday night. I'd have to start them tonight."

"Wait. It is? Well, imagine that!" Marcus said, with mock surprise. "Sounds like perfect timing to me."

"It sounds like more work for me," Angus laughed.

"Well, I suppose one of us could figure out how to conjure some,.," Marcus teased,

"Conjured! My cinnamon rolls? Look, 'Peeves,'" Angus teased, "you do not get to conjure my cinnamon rolls."

"Look," Marcus gestured towards where Anise was sitting with Dennis. Clearly Dennis had given her a new wand holster. It was beautiful, made of tooled leather, and it looked like someone had embossed a sprig of purple wolfsbane flowers with green stems and leaves on the holster. Anise loved it, and she gave Dennis a hug.

"He had someone make that for her," Angus said. "It's beautiful."

"Ginger has one too," Marcus pointed out, "But hers has bright pink flowers."

"Those, I believe are the blossoms of an edible ginger plant," Angus said. "He's had the holsters personalized for each girl. That was very thoughtful of him."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23814
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:59 pm

Ruby and Aria laughed at Marcus and Angus then smiled looking over to see Anise with her new wand holster from her bio dad. " looks perfect for her" Ruby said smiling as she sipped her drink watching she saw Ginger with one too and smiled " glad they both got something" she said. Ruby sat back in her chair watching Anise with her pack and felt relaxed knowing she was happy.

Aria finished her food and put her plate on a trolly for washing as she returned to Marcus. " the long houses are all ready for the pack when they want to move in for the winter" she told him softly. " Jack added extra wood in case it get really cold, so they are set" she folded her arms across hr chest.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5344

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:12 pm

"We have more people apparating in," Marcus said, his hand on his wand holster. Angus looked, not wanting to overreact and cause a panic. Brian got up and went over and shook the hands of the men that were arriving, welcoming them. Angus had no idea who they were, but Brian seemed to know them. And then Angus saw they had musical instruments with them.

"You can safely stand down. Seems Brian's arranged a little entertainment. They're musicians," Angus said. "I see...um..a guitar, a banjo, drums, a bass, and wait. What the heck is...Oh! It's an old washboard. He's hired a skiffle band! I love good skiffle. Nice!"

"Robert's uncovering something behind the food tables where Nicky and Zoe are. Can you see what it is?" Marcus asked.

"Um...not sure...oh, I see!" Angus said. "They've gone all out. Beer! Those are quarter kegs, and since there are several and they're already tapped, I'm guessing he has a selection. I'm guessing a lager, an ale, and maybe a stout. They've got racks of pint mugs and a bloke ready to pull pints. Nice touch, that. Live music and beer. I'm sure they'll do a nice cake ceremony while the band is setting up and the barkeep is setting up. And then people will be able to get cake and ice cream or beer, and they'll be able to just listen to the music or dance if they want."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:29 pm

Ruby heard Marcus and Angus and then looked to where the aperating was . She was ready to stand and fight but when Marcus told them she chuckled and sat back down " oh that should be good" she said looking to Angus " hope nobody gets too drunk tonight" she said hoping Jess and Jack had Sam on a short leash.

Aria glanced over at the table where Jess and Jack sat and saw Sam with nothing but an empty plate and a soda " I don't think your going to have to worry about that tonight." she said and looked back to Angus before she checked out the kegs or beer and how the musicians were setting up. " think Robert will do the cake dedication?" she asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:49 pm

"I don't care if they get drunk or not. They're home, so it really doesn't matter, Ru," Angus said. "Let them have fun. After all, it's been a 645 year wait for this party. If someone gets plastered, it really doesn't matter. There are enough sober staff people on duty here that we shouldn't lose track of anyone."

"Robert?" Angus thought when Aria asked if he thought Robert would do the dedication. "Maybe, but I rather doubt it. Cake isn't so much his thing, really. I mean he eats it, but dedicating a cake, that's not so much his thing."

In a few minutes, Kate got up and went over to Anise and spoke quietly in her ear. Anise got up and went with Kate.

"We don't have candles for obvious reasons," Kate said to everyone, "but we are no less proud of our girl today. We wouldn't have missed this for the world, and, Anise, Robert and I were elated to have you give us a reason to all have a day out together with your pack as one big happy family. We couldn't be more proud of you today. We've all seen the hours and hours of work you've been putting in for months, training for this one day. Well done, my dear, and from all of us, congratulations, my dear Anise. Well done indeed. Now, our little duelist, if you would do the honors and cut the first slice."

She picked up a specially made cake knife, made to look exactly like a magic wand. It made Anise laugh. With a little advice on where and how to cut the cake, Anise managed to cut a slice of cake and then turned the knife back to Kate.

"Live opponents are no problem but cake intimidates her," Robert teased lightly. Anise laughed and nodded.

"Nicky and Zoe will cut the cake, and as you come up for your slice, tell them what flavor of ice cream you want with your cake, and they'll get you all set," Kate smiled. "The bar is open for beer, and our band is going to kick off the music for your singing or dancing pleasure."

The band started with Rock Island Line, and that seemed to get everyone in the mood to just let loose a bit and have a good time.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:57 pm

Ruby was glad when Kate did the dedication and she smiled as Anise cut the cake as she was terrible at speaking in big crowds. Once done she looked to Angus and nodded " so do you dance?" she asked never having seen him dance while with him " other than at balls I mean ."

Aria looked to Marcus and chuckled " I'm guessing you know how?" she asked knowing both men would have a glass of beer once it was ready to serve . It was Aria who spotted when they were ready and headed over grabbing four beers she placed two down on the table and gave one to Marcus " let lose , this is a party after all, and Jacks got security duty" she added taking a large drink and then belched loudly " oops" she said and chuckled.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:12 am

"Not really," Angus replied to Ruby. "Not while I'm sober, anyway. I've been told I've done it once or twice but I honestly don't remember."

"Completely wasted, were we?" Marcus laughed.

"So I've been told," Angus said. "I bet you dance, though, don't you, Marcus? Thank you, Aria. I am so ready for a beer." He looked up and saw Victor and Ginger taking pints to a table where Sam was sitting, and then he noticed Anise going to join the other three. "Well, our teens are all at the same table having a pint. I wondered how long it would take."

"Me? Dance? Well, I generally don't because I'm normally on duty, like I technically am right now. As for the four musketeers over there, I doubt Anise'll renew her engagement tonight," Marcus said.

"I'll crown her if she does," Angus said. "I'm not opposed to them reuniting, but I think she needs first to make it very clear to him what she will or will not accept in his behaviors. Don't get me wrong. I love Sam, but I love her too. And she deserves to be treated well. If he'll do that before the ceremony, I do not want her marrying him until they have a much better understanding."

"I couldn't agree more," Marcus said.

"Oh, that reminds me," Angus said. He drew the necklace that he had made for Anise out of his pocket and showed the box to Ruby. "I think I should give this to her. You're welcome to come with me if you like." He got up to go to where Anise was sitting.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:20 am

Ruby laughed when he said he only danced when drunk as did Aria then she spotted Anise and Ginger by Sam with pints and smiled to them both. Ruby chuckled and nodded when he spoke of Anise and Sam and their engagement. "Agreed on that part, but I do think she will hold off at least like you say until he changes his behaviour " she said as she downed a mouthful of beer.

Aria looked at the teens siting and drinking as she did but she sipped her beer to make it last " really your on duty right now?" Aria said "can't you ever just relax?" she asked him as she heard the music start up and several of the pack got up to dance in the space they had left just for that, soon the lights went low and colored lights lit up the room with a spot light on the lead for the band.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:38 am

"Certainly I am," Marcus frowned. "You have first shift, I have second, and Minos has third. Of course I'm on duty. I'm having one pint but I won't have more than that. And, just for the record, this is about as relaxed as I get. Besides, if Angus is going to have a few beers, one of the two of us has to be the D.A for the evening."

"D.A?" Angus asked.

"Designated Assassin, Mate," Marcus laughed.

Angus burst into laughter. Then he headed over to Anise and sat down beside her for a moment.

"I won't keep you, but Ruby and I have a small gift for you. Just a token, really," Angus said. He handed her the box. Anise looked at him.

"I know all about your 'little tokens,'" Anise said. "Especially when they come in little boxes like this." He laughed. She unwrapped the box and then opened it to see the platinum necklace with a miniature reproduction of her wand with the sapphire stone in the handle. It was a way to honor both Beauxbatons and the fact that she had a September birthday. "Oh my!" she gasped. "It looks exactly like my own wand!"

"It's supposed to," Angus said. I did a sketch of your wand and gave it to the jeweler to use to make the little platinum wand with."

"It's wonderful! Thank you!" she gave him a hug.

"So you know, it's also enchanted. If you press the jewel twice in rapidfire fashion, it will tag me to summon me to you. I don't ever, ever want you to think I wouldn't come for you."

"Thank you," she said. "Help me put it on?" She handed him the necklace and he got up, moved behind her and fastened the necklace around her neck.

"It's wonderful. I love it. Thank you," she said. Then she asked him softly "Can you make one for Ginger too? I want to know my sister will be as safe."

"Certainly. In fact, its in the works right now, but dont' tell her. I want it to be a surprise," Angus said quietly. She nodded.

"She won't learn it from me," Anise said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:44 am

Aria chuckled and nodded " I know" she said softly as she listened to Angus and Marcus together. Ruby stood up with Angus and walked over with him to Anise she smiled as he gave her the necklace and she took out her box " Aria and I got you these " she said " they match the necklace." she gave her the small box to open to see the matching earrings.. She smiled seeing Angus put the necklace on Anise " it looks good on you" she said to her.

Aria nodded to Marcus when he had spoken about not drinking too much and only having the one pint as she sipped her own. " I'm sure others will be having more than one tonight" she said and chuckled a she heard the pack start to sing off key but happily across the room. " my point" she said with a chuckle but knowing to let them have this night since it was a special night both for Anise and the pack.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 84 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 74 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top