A Birth day - Page 62
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 62 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 62 of 84 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 73 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 62 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:27 pm

Angus came and joined Ruby and Anise, and soon Dennis, Ginger and Victor came and joined them, bringing their food to the table so they could all eat together. Elwood and Andrew were sitting with Kate and Robert and Michael and Daniella. The pack was seated together enjoying the rare gourmet lunch of a Nicoise salad featuring beef tartare instead of tuna that, Angus had found out, Fenrir had splurged for, for the entire pack.

"So I know better, but I'm going to ask anyway," Angus said to Anise, "you're going to fight this afternoon, aren't you?"

"Darned right," Anise told him. "I think I might honestly be able to make a stab at it, even as blurry as things are right now."

"Well I can understand that drive," he said to her, but I think you need to wait and see if you get more vision than you have right now. I do not want to come off as being nonsupportive, but I don't want you see you get hurt again."

"I'm willing to risk it," she said.

"Let's wait and see how you are at the end of lunch," he told her. "You know if there's any chance at all, we'll support you."

"I know. And I also know you're probably right, despite what I want," she sighed.

"In the meantime, enjoy your lunch," he told her. He and Ruby kept an eye on her as she ate, and she managed with surprisingly little difficulty. She was slowing down to just sort of picking at her plate by the time she got about three fourths of the way through her lunch. "What's wrong?" he asked her.

"Getting a headache for some reason," she said softly.

"Hold tight," he said. "Just sit and breathe for a moment." He got up, went over to Robert and whispered in his ear. Robert came over and sat in Angus's chair for a moment. He made a very brief check.

"As bizarre as this is going to sound, this is a good thing," Robert said. "The spell is making some very swift healing things right now, and your vision is now changing so rapidly that it's causing your headache. I think you'll be alright if you stop your lunch now. No one is going to be offended, and I can see you are not hungry. Here. Let me reduce the headache." He reached up and cast a spell to stop her headache. "Now, just sit and enjoy being out of the limelight for a little. You have time before you need to return to the locker room. I'll go get my soda and I'll come back. I'm sure Angus would like his seat back anyway." Robert got up and went back to his table to get his soda, and Angus resumed his seat.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23814
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:40 pm

Ruby watched Anise and noted her change as she pushed the food around the plate not eating any . Looking to Angus as he spoke to her she held her hand gently. Seeing Robert walk over after Angus had spoken to him she breathed out in relief at his diagnosis of her.

"Nobody is going to look at you and think badly , and if they do they have us to answer to" she said softly as she finished her food and looked to Angus and Robert " will this go on for a while?" she asked Robert wanting to know if she would be at a disadvantage if it hit her while dueling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5344

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:04 pm

"Oh, I shouldn't think so," Robert replied to Ruby, "not like you're thinking. The pain relief spell I used should keep her comfortable most of the afternoon. I might need to renew it towards later in the day, but that isn't a problem."

"You know, if one of us had brought some polyjuice, we could take her place at some of these..." Victor teased. They laughed.

"Vic, you have cherry sauce on your chin," Anise told him. Robert looked at Anise and smiled.

"Excellent," Robert smiled. "The fact that you can see that now proves to me that I think you might be able to give it a try. Why don't you spar for just a little and see how you do?"

"Come on," Angus told her, "Want to warm up a little?"

"I thought you'd never ask," Anise grinned.

"Do not overdo it. Just a little to see if you can hold your own. You have a lot of dueling ahead of you, so don't blow out your vision or your energy on sparring," Robert cautioned. Angus and Anise got up and excused themselves from the table and they went outside, out behind the tent canopy and the two of them took dueling stances.

"You start," Angus said, not wanting to add any more stress to her than necessary. The two of them sparred for three or four minutes, and Robert noticed that it had drawn the attention of the tournament officials and the headmasters, all interested in seeing if she had indeed recovered enough to try to rejoin the tournament. Robert was watching because he wanted to be sure her vision and her knee were going to hold up.

After about three minutes of intense dueling, Angus stopped it.

"I know I'm not a healer," Angus said, catching his breath, "but I think you're fine. I don't think you missed a thing. You have my vote that you should indeed try again."

"I couldn't agree more," Robert said. "Now, if your knee acts up or your headache returns or any new symptoms begin, you let me know straight away. And absolutely do wear your sunglasses. You feel good about it?"

"I do," she said.

"Then you have my blessing to go stomp the daylights out of 'em," Robert smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:13 pm

Ruby heard Robert and smiled to him " Thank goodness" she said then chuckled as Anise told Victor he had cherry sauce on his chin even Ruby was surprised but happy she could see that far clearly again " thank goodness you can see again" she said then heard Angus ask if she wanted to warm up with him. Ruby sat back in her chair and smiled watching Anise head out to spar with Angus.

Aria followed and stood watching both of them sparing sh watched Anise and saw her duel , Aria smiled when Angus slightly out of breath called it off and spoke to Anise about being ready to duel in the tournament again, she could not help chuckle as Robert told Anise to stomp them into the ground " go for it" Aria said with a smile to her as Ruby walked over to Anise .

" I'll let Angus be with you this time, I think you need him there more than me, I'm good with that, okay" she said to her " but I do agree with Robert, thrash the daylights out of them" she said and smiled to Anise.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:34 pm

"Thanks, Ruby. I intend to do just that," Anise said.

"Thanks, Ruby," Angus said. "I am really glad you were there for her this morning."

"When you go up to the box, Ruby, would you be so kind as to tell Kate that I'll be up in just a few minutes?" Robert asked Ruby. "I think Anise is going to be fine without me for a bit, and I'd like to sit with Kate for awhile. Anise, let's do just a few minutes of tai chi before you go back to the locker room. You've got about ten minutes left. Let's use tai chi for stretching, focusing and relaxing."

"Perfect," she said. She looked at Angus. "Coming?"

"Why not?" Angus said. The three of them went back out, and Robert led them through some silent tai chi. Again, it captured the attention of the headmasters and the tournament officials. As they were finishing, Madame Maxime walked over to them.

"Anise, mon élève," she said. "How are you feeling?"

"Much better, thanks," Anise said.

"Robert, is she..." Madame Maxime began.

"She's going to be a force to be reckoned with this afternoon," Robert said.

"Wonderful!" Madame Maxime was delighted. "You will do well, Anise, I am quite sure. I will talk to the officials and let you return to the locker room to get ready."

Angus and Anise and Robert headed back to the locker room.

When the matches resumed after lunch, the officials announced that the Beauxbaton's champion was going to return to the competition after receiving medical attention. The very first matches did not use Anise, so she was able to watch and get some pointers as she saw the morning's winners who were still in the competition starting to push now to give the matches their all.

"So how do you feel about them?" Angus asked her quietly.

"I think I can take them," she told him softly.

"That's my girl," he smiled
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:39 pm

Ruby smiled and nodded to Anise as she said that was exactly what she was going to do. Hearing Angus Ruby nodded " i'm just glad we were both there to help her" she said " and Robert I will." she said as Robert had said to let Kate know he'd be up in a few.

Aria smiled and nodded to Ruby as they waited till Angus and Robert had walked with Anise back down to the locker room. Now both moved to the box and stepped in, Ruby saw Kate and walked over to her smiling " Message from Robert he'll be up in a few" she said and smiled to her " Anise is much better and can see again." she said relief on her face as she sat down and watched what was going on again as Aria walked over with a glass of fire whisky for her. Ruby thanked her and downed it in one feeling her anxiety over what had happened now leaving her .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:59 pm

Robert checked the tape on Anise's knee, and then, feeling he could do no more for her at the moment, he suggested that if there were any real trouble, Angus could try focusing on sending Kate a message with his seer's abilities because, Robert felt sure, that there were enough seers in the box that someone would 'hear' something. Angus was extremely skeptical because he had never tried to send a message of any sort. Robert encouraged him to try if Anise needed help. Robrt took his leave of them then and went upstairs.

"It isn't that hard to send a message," Anise told him after Robert left. "I'ts rather like focusing on them and seeing them in your mind and them focusing on wishing they could hear you need this or that. It isn't something you need to overthink. So you keep teaching me to fight, and I'll teach you to 'see.'"

"You have a deal," he grinned, and as he spoke she was called to the center field for dueling the Ilvermorny champ. "Good luck," he told her. She took a breath and walked out to the field. The round of cheering and applauding she received was deafening. She never expected that people would cheeer for a wounded champion returning to compete, but she had underestimated her worth. Robert and Madame Maxime and Angus had all fully expected it because they well knew that the world loves an underdog and even if they didn't come to support Beauxbaton's, many of the spectator had huge admiration for the fact that she wasn't giving up.

She went to the field, shook hands with the young man from Ilvermorny and then took her place. The entire duel didn't take two minutes. She ended up using glisseo to make her opponents court slippery, and he fell and lost his wand, and that gave her time to use a petrificus totalus, effectively ending the match. The Beauxbatons supporters went wild to see that she could still win, despite it all. Angus was pleased but he hadn't ever had a doubt. He knew what a fighter she was.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:05 pm

Aria and Ruby watched as Anise took the floor , Ruby wanted not to watch but watch at the same time, Jess walked over and placed her hand on her shoulder calming her down " thanks" she said to Jess who smiled and nodded. Jess glanced at Robert as he appeared in the box with them and tuned to watch Anise duel.

" wow this is going to be a quick fight" Ruby said seeing how good Anise was doing and soon she saw the guy fall down and be turned to stone ending the round " yes she did it" she said smiling as Aria chuckled next to her.

Aria was happy when Anise won the round watching as she walked out of the court and into the locker room where she knew Angus was waiting for her. " Shes definitely improving with each duel" she said to Marcus with her arms crossed over her chest.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:38 pm

"She is indeed," Marcus said. "She's been working really hard, and it shows. She did that without even getting short of breath. I think she looked exactly like what Beauxbatons wants to look. She was smooth, poised, graceful and efficient. That's exactly what Beauxbatons wants to be. I think Madame Maxime has to be elated right about now."

Anise went back to the locker room, and Angus folded her into a strong hug and kissed her forehead. She wasn't in the locker room more than three or four minutes when they called her for another match. She and Angus had actually expected it because with a total of nine other champions--and one who was already disqualified, and one win under her belt, she had seven more champions to fight. That was a lot of ground to cover in a short time span.

Her next opponent was from Koldovstoretz. It wasn't a school she knew much about. The opponent that waited for her was a lot larger than she was, and he was very muscular, so much so that his wand looked like a toy stick in his hand. She heard some of the crowd dreading this particular face off simply because, compared to her opponent, she looked hugely overmatched.

"You've fought trolls, for God's sake," Angus said quickly in her ear before she left him. "And you won. You can handle this big ape, no problem." She breathed out, relaxing because of his words. She nodded and then she remembered her poise, and she walked out gracefully, not wanting to show even the slightest bit of anxiety. When they met to shake hands, he towered over her. She estimated him to be well over six foot tall, and made of solid muscle. The official repeated the rules as they did every match, and then she and her opponent paced and turned. He fired at her with lightning swiftness, firing an aquamenti, but he hadn't aimed particularly well. He managed to soak her from head to toe but there was no real power behind it. She was a little surprised but not thrown off her game. Her time with Fenrir and the pack had trained her to not be moved by such petty annoyances.

She immediately returned fire, casting a colloshoo hex, sticking his shoes to the ground. He fell face first on the ground, and with his large size, it snapped his wand like a twig. He began to try to fire wandless spells but he really was not good at them. In her own effort to show some sportmanship, she tucked her own wand in her pocket and shifted to wandless spells herself so they were on equal footing. She was, however much better at the wandless spells than he was, and within another minute, she had managed to win the match because she had used an oppugno spell, and she had tried to summon birds, but what she had gotten instead was a number of bats, and this seemed to spook her oversized opponent, causing him to trip over his own feet and fall, knocking himself out entirely.

While the crowd cheered, she stood for a moment, frowning, not intending at all for that to happen. She walked over towards him, picked up both halves of his wand, and as medics loaded her opponent up on a stretcher, she saw the Koldovstoretz headmaster on the sidelines and she returned both halves of the broken wand to him and shook hands to try to show she had intended no ill will. Then she returned to the locker room.

That gained her a few minutes to rest while they did a round of matches without her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:45 pm

Ruby watched as the second round was called she saw the size of the opponent and looked to Aria " shes fought bigger" she said with a shrug and sure enough in no time Anise had the guy on the ground but Ruby could see the look of astonishment at the bats and how the large guy fell and knocked himself out. Aria watched as Anise walked over to the head of the house and handed the wand over.

"that will get some brownie points" she said softly and smiled to Anise as she walked back to the locker room. Ruby looked at Arias " she showed compassion for her fellow competitor and a flare for fair play" she said to her making Ruby smile and nod she agreed " good quality's to have, I'm sure" she added smiling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 84 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 73 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top