A Birth day - Page 48
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 48 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 48 of 84 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 66 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 48 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:59 pm

"She doesn't, but I do," Ginger said. "They're pink fleece cargo trousers, and it has a zip up hoodie that goes with it. I haven't worn it because its too big for me. It's just stuffed in the bottom of my closet in the box it was shipped in. I know its supposed to be generous but its just plain too big. She's a bit bigger than me, size wise, so it might fit her just fine. If she likes it, she can just have it."

"I hadn't even thought about what to wear," Anise sighed.

"Why would you have thought about it?" Marcus asked, returning from his security check. "You've not had surgery before, so it wouldn't be something you would know much about. If the outfit is too big for Anise, I can alter it for her. If you have any sneakers that are just slip on shoes, you should wear those."

"No but she has a pair of sneakers with pink trim. Could you transfigure them to slip ons?" Ginger asked.

"I could indeed," Marcus nodded.

"I'll go get it," Ginger said, going downstairs.

"The good thing about sweat trousers and a sweatshirt is that you don't necessarily need to change into pajamas when you get home. You can just kick your shoes off and go to bed and get some sleep."

"We've done that anyway in the winter when it gets really cold. It makes the basement cold," Anise said.

"Cold? Why didn't you say so? We can work on getting the heat fixed somehow so it isn't cold downstairs. We don't want you uncomfortable," Marcus said. "Tomorrow, I'll call the wizards who installed the heating system, and they can come and fix it. Has it always been cold down there?"

"Only when the winter weather gets really cold outside," Anise said.

"Well, we'll get that fixed straight away," Marcus said. "I know your dad won't put up with that, so I'll just get the heating company to come as soon as they can."

Ginger came back with a brand new pair of pink fleece cargo trousers, a pink zippered hoodie and Anise's white sneakers with pink trim. Marcus looked at the outfit and made quick work of transfiguring the sneakers.

"I think that should be perfect," Marcus said. "We can adjust size if we need to, but that looks warm and comfortable. Well done, Ginger."

"Well, as I said, it's too big for me. I ordered a smaller outfit for myself but they didn't have the pink. Mine is more of a sage green color because it was all they had in the smaller size. I'm not all that happy with green, but it is what it is."

"Well, when you wear it, you tell me what color you want, and we'll change it," Marcus told her.

"Really? That would be great. Thanks," Ginger smiled.

Upstairs, Angus heard Sam and Victor next door in their room, and the boys' discussion was starting to turn into an arguement and get loud--about Angus. Angus went next door, hearing Sam talk about his plans to just do whatever he wanted to do, disregarding Angus's rules. Angus opened the door without invitation.

"If you don't want me to hear you, you need to lower your voice," Angus said.

"I don't care..." Sam began, still angry with Angus.

"Sounds like you've made your choice to move out then," Angus replied quietly.

"What?" Sam looked at Angus like he'd lost his mind. "No. What are you talking about?"

"Well, see, here's the thing. Edward, Simone, Ruby and I own this house. We're the ones who built it, and we pay all the expenses so you don't have to. And so that means, in plain English, my house, my rules. Now, you're family, and you're welcome here but I expect you to follow the rules like everybody else has to. If you don't plan on doing it, then you're not planning on living here. So, you have a choice. Get with the program or you have until November 1st--that's five weeks from now-- to get out and get your own place. Those are your options. Doing whatever you want here? That's not acceptable. Think carefully and then let me know what your intentions are." He closed the door and went downstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23814
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:14 pm

Ruby smiled to Ginger who fetched the slacks and outfit and heard Marcus talk of resizing and recoloring the clothing. " thank you" she said to Marcus . Aria glanced at the stairs hearing shouting then looked to Marcus before staying right where she was hearing Angus's raised voice .

Ruby heard it too but relaxed when he sopped talking and walked down to the living room. " you gave him the ultimatum?" she said to Angus proud that he had done that. Aria moved to Ginger and took the outfit taking it to make sure it was clean for Anise.

"The underfloor idea seems good to keep the basement warm" she said trying to change the subject and lighten the mood from Sam's outburst.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5344

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:25 pm

"I can fix him," Anise said, angry that Sam was being such a jerk. "Can somebody help me upstairs just for a moment, please? I promise it'll only take a moment."

"I'll help you if you agree to let me do all the heavy work," Marcus said.

"Fine," she nodded. Marcus helped her to her feet and apparated with her up to the top of the stairs and she pointed to the boys' room. Marcus helped her make the distance by holding her up while she hopped on her good foot to the door. She fired a wandless magic spell and blew the door wide open.

"She's really pissed," Angus said very quietly to Ruby. "This will absolutely not go well for Sam."

"You big dumb jerk!" Anise bellowed at Sam, furious. "Who do you think you are? That's my dad you're hurting. You were told to say sorry, not to double down on it. I cannot possibly marry you while your head is stuck up your arse. You're the one who needs surgery. You need Robert to surgically remove your head from your bum. Until then, I'm done, Sam. Done, done, done." She took off her engagement ring and threw it at him. "Come see me when you grow up and not before. And definitely not before morning. I'm going to be busy. We have nothing to say to each other until you make things right with Dad."

"Oh, boy," Angus sighed, telling Ruby softly. "I was hoping she wasn't going to go there. Damn."

"Take me back downstairs, please?" she asked Marcus. Marcus didn't speak. He just apparated her back downstairs and helped her back to the sofa.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:34 pm

Ruby heard Angus and stood up as Anise asked to have help fixing Sam, moving to one side she let Marcus pick Anise up and port her upstairs. She heard Angus and shook her head " nope, defiantly not" she said as even Aria moved back a step at the shouting from Anise she winced when she took of her engagement ring and threw it back at Sam.

" ouch that got to hurt" she said and looked to Angus when he spoke about he had hoped Anise would not go there." well she did" Ruby said quietly as Marcus brought her back down and laid her back on the couch.

Aria went to the kitchen and pored glass of fire whiskey and handed it to Angus " well she can't drink it and one of you needs it right now, ether you or Marcus and hes composed so?" she added with a chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:58 pm

"Thank you," Angus told Aria, taking the glass. "Anise, you really didn't need to do that."

"Oh yes I did," she said fiercely. "I'm not marrying someone like that. He's going to have to step up and do the right thing."

"He's just upset."

"That's no excuse. He doesn't get to mistreat a family member, not now, not ever," Anise said. "if he's willing to do that to you, how do I know he won't do that to me or to our child someday because he's not getting his own way? No, this arrogance crap needs to stop."

"Wise words," Marcus said. "I honestly wish I had followed my own instincts back with Evelyn like you're doing now, Anise. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks," she smiled. Angus swallowed the firewhiskey and took the glass out to the sink, considering the matter closed for now.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:04 pm

Ruby smiled at Anise as she spoke to Angus " I'm proud of you too Anise" she said smiling to her seeing Angus down the fire whiskey she chuckled. " okay so should we make a start on tomorrows breakfast" she suggested. Aria looked to Marcus and said nothing but smiled and gave a slight nod to Anise to show she to was proud of her.

" your right Anise be strong from the off set so they know who and what they are getting ." she said smirking as she looked to Marcus as he spoke of his ex. " I think we all are proud of her but right now we need to think about whats happening later and be there for Anise." Anise brought out some board games for every on to pas the time while waiting for Robert to come and say they were ready for her.

Ruby headed down and grabbed a small bag placing the outfit into it along with some clean underwear for Anise.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:16 pm

"I'll be back," Angus said quietly. He left the house, went outside and went across the yard to the barn. When the men saw him coming, they presumed he was looking for Jack, and they pointed him in the right direction.

When he found Jack, he took a moment to explain what had happened to Anise, Robert's decision to do immediate overnight knee surgery, and Sam's being livid at Angus about it. Angus told Jack he was not going to let Sam go along, and then he explained that Anise had broken up with him. Angus asked Jack if he would consider posting Sam on a night patrol so that Sam didn't have the liberty of trying to sneak off to St. Mungo's.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:24 pm

Jack had finished feeding and stabling the animals when he saw Angus walk over to him. He stood listening when he explained what had happened " okay , do not worry about it." he said " I'll walk back with you and give Joseph a night off, Sam can come with me" he added. " and he won't get the chance to leave."

Jack walked with Angus back to the duplex and stepped inside he looked at Anise " mind if I take your ex" he asked Anise before heading up to the boys bedroom without a door " Sam patrol in an hour, with me so do not be late, oh and you piss one of us off you piss us all off." he said arms folded across his chest.

Ruby saw Jack enter and head up to the boys room she looked at Anise and smiled before looking at Angus and nodding. "Good idea" she said then heard Jack boom that Sam was on patrol with him
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:42 am

"What!" Sam exploded. "I already put in a full shift today."

"You don't get moving, it'll be your last shift," Angus shouted up the stairs.

"Bastard!" Sam shouted, racing down the stairs. "So this is what you do when you don't get your own way?"

"Yep," Angus said, unfazed by Sam's behaviors. "Told you. My house, my rules. Go to work." Sam stomped out the door. Furious, he started to fire blasting spells at a tree. Angus was absolutely livid.

"Not his property, not his tree. I'm gonna kill him," Angus growled. He drew his wand and headed out the door.

"Uh oh," Marcus said, hurrying to follow. Marcus didn't get more than about three steps when he saw Kate apparate out into the yard in a frightening cloud of fire, thunder and smoke. "Oh, God. She's raging angry. This is not going to be even a little good," Marcus said. Kate levitated Sam off the ground and threw him into the same tree he was blasting. She hadn't done it hard, but Marcus knew it was still going to hurt. Marcus was surprised by the restraint she had used, but if Sam gave her crap, Marcus knew Kate's restraint might well wear off.

"There's a pair of little sparrowhawks with a nest of eggs in that tree," Kate shouted at Sam. "You are not going to destroy that tree or any other, Sam. Jack, if you need him, you get a leash on that boy this instant, or I swear, I'll suspend him myself." Marcus knew very well that Kate was well within her rights to fire Sam for destroying property, but she was giving Jack a chance to settle him. And she actually giving Sam a second chance for Angus's sake because Angus was legally his dad, and Kate had tremendous respect for Angus. Angus had earned it a hundred times over.

"He's ruined my life!" Sam protested, pointing to Angus. For Angus, who had done his best to be a decent dad, that hurt. That really hurt. He lowered his wand, turned and went back in the house silently, leaving Sam to Jack or whoever else felt like dealing with him. He went to the desk and got out his cigarettes and went outside to sit on the back deck alone, not seeing how badly Anise hurt for him. She had heard Sam's brutal remark, and her heart ached for him. Sitting outside on the back deck, away from where he could see Sam and whatever Jack was going to do to reel Sam in, Angus lit up a cigarette and inhaled slowly, blowing out the smoke just as slowly, trying to de-stress. He wasn't there for more than a moment when Edward came out and sat with him.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't transfigure him into a vomit flavored Bertie Botts bean," Edward said quietly.

"Why a vomit flavored one?" Angus asked just as quietly.

"Because that's all he's spewing at the moment. That's all he's giving, so that's what he shall be," Edward said. "Simple type casting, I figure."

"Oh. Fair enough," Angus nodded.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:21 pm

Jack heard Sam talk" I don't care, I am your boss, if I want you to run fifty laps you will do it." he said then heard Sam curse at Angus and gave a soft growl at the disrespect of the lad seeing him run out the door he looked to Angus before he headed out the door to see Kate throw Sam against a tree. Now angry himself he stomped over to Sam and picked him up by his scruff holding him up while Kate spoke.

"The only one whose ruined your, life is you, you control your actions not Angus, you make the stupid decision's and now have to live with the consequences " Jack said to him. Looking to Kate he nodded " I have him." he said then looked to Angus " he can stay in the grounds mans tower for a few days, if that's all right with you?" he asked looking to Angus . "Might make him realize how good he has it compared to others."

Ruby stayed inside and left Sam to Marcus, Angus and Jack she stayed with Anise as did Aria who stood at the door. " Jacks got hold of him now but hes pissed off a lot of people, not a smart move." Aria said turning to look at Ruby and Anise.

Ruby smiled to Anise " he'll ether come around or not, but ether way hes not worth the worry" she said softly to her as she took Anise's hand in her own to comfort her. " I have to admit I never thought he would act this way." she gave a sigh and shook her head.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 84 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 66 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top