A Birth day - Page 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 10 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 10 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:20 am

Back at the suplex Aria sent out for Pizza while Ruby opened the floo to Even " hey even are the girls with you?" shea sked him " its ruby its just there late back from school and we're starting to worry" she asked him.

Aria sent the order for Pizza and then sat back waiting but it wasn't long before they tuned up with a thump on the front porch. Standing she walked over and picked them up placing them on the table then went to fetch some plates for every one to be able to help them selves to some. she opened the first box and let the smell drift around the home.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:36 am

"Thanks, Jack," Marcus said. "If you need Angus, just let us know. We should get back. For all we know, we could be going to Tuscany yet tonight if we have to go get the girls."

"Thank you, Jack," Angus said. He and Marcus walked back to the duplex and went inside, feeling glad the 'cowlet' was safe and sound and in good hands. Angus made a mental note to congratulate the boys on a job well done and for managing to rename a bovine stage of development to something nobody'd ever heard of before.

"Oh, Ruby, I'm sorry," Evan said. "It's been hectic here. Rosaria was coming down the stairs in the big house this afternoon, and she lost her balance near the top of  the steps and fell all the way down to the bottom. Her wizarding healer retired a couple months ago and moved to Spain, so there is no wizarding healer at the moment. We didn't have a choice but to take her to a muggle clinic in the next town. Her leg is broken in five places, and they've done surgery to put in some sort of muggle mechanics. But its a mess. None of us are happy with it. 

"We've all been at the muggle hospital all afternoon until just a little bit ago," Evan continued. "Tara fixed us and Carlo some supper, but all four of the girls fell asleep just a short while ago trying to do their homework. They're all completely knackered, and I didnd't have the heart to wake them. I did try to reach Edward but apparently he and Simone went out somewhere in Paris with Michael and Daniella tonight. Listen, do you care if we just let your girls sleep here with our girls? I hate to wake them. They're fed, they're safe. Their homework might not get done tonight but my thought is they can miss it for one night. In the meantime, I might try to see what I can do, if anything to get Rosaria transferred out of the muggle hospital to the wizarding hospital where you lot are, but I don't know anyone at your hospital or how to reach them to know how all that works. And I want to find someone who knows how to deal with a broken leg this bad that's already had muggles hacking at it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:06 pm

Jack chuckled and nodded he understood " no worry's , now go, vets here and checking her over and the calf too" he added then chuckled as they headed back to the duplex.

Ruby heard Evens voice and gasped at what he told her " oh no" she said and sat down as she listened to him " i'm sure that would be find but I'll talk to Angus too, he'd really want to know about Rosaria, we will defiantly visit her " she said " and St Mungo's do have good healers , maybe been Robert will look at it for her" she said seeing Marcus and Angus return " hold on a moment Even . Standing she looked at Angus " Rosaria is in hospital Even said she was coming down the stairs in the big house this afternoon, and she lost her balance near the top of the steps and fell all the way down to the bottom, shes been transported to St Mungo's but Even said the muggle doctors have already tried to fix her leg" she told him " he also wants to know if the girls can stay tonight as they are already sleeping after the day they've had, I said I'd ask you if they could but i don't see there being a problem." she said to him " plus we can go and see Rosaria in St Mungo's since its not that far away. " she asked

Aria looked at Marcus and nodded " I can look after the babies while you go if you want." she told Angus and Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:27 pm

"God," Angus said, knowing how dangerous that was for a woman of Rosaria's advanced age. He went to the floo at once. "Evan, it's Robert we'll want for this, or Nigel in a pinch, but Robert would be my first choice. He's particularly good with fractures, even complicated ones like what you're describing. Not sure of the particulars of how to get her out of the muggle doctors and into St. Mungo's but I'm sure Robert knows how that's done. I'll find him as soon as we finish, and then one of us will be on touch."

"Sounds good," Evan said.

"And, absolutely, let the girls sleep. We made sure they have good wardrobes in their room at the big house, so if there's anything else they need...."

"If there's anything they need, we'll take care of it. Not to worry," Evan said. "Oh, and I'm going to send you the French wizarding newspapers. Anise is all over the press because of her win at Beauxbatons. She's already becoming quite famous in France."

"I don't know if that's good or bad, given the Gelding family," Angus said. "Keep the security up, won't you?"

"Oh, gosh. Hadn't thought of that. Alright. I'll get right on that too. Good catch, Angus. And there's one more thing we need to address."

"What's that?"

"The Donohue family reunion is scheduled to happen in 10 days. You know--the annual family get together that you haven't gone to since you turned 18. Rosaria always cooks for that."

"I'll leave a note for Edward. If he doesn't hire a cook or cancel it in 48 hours, then you cancel it and blame it on me. Screw them all for one year. Outside of you and Tyler and your households, the family is largely a bunch of jealous heathens. One year of not letting them compare themselves to Edward and bitch about money wouldn't go amiss. Hold tight, and I'll go find Robert and get back with you."

"Ok. We'll stand by. Thanks Angus."

"No problem," Angus closed the floo.

"How about I go uproot Robert?" Marcus asked. "Get yourself some pizza in case we have to buggar straight off to Tuscany. And save me a couple slices. Where are the boys?"

"There," Angus pointed to the top of the stairs where the boys were just disappearing, each with a plate piled high with pizza slices and a can of cola. 

"Well, we won't hear from them anymore tonight," Marcus laughed. He headed out the door with Finn hot on his heels. 

Angus went to the desk and sat down to write a note to Edward. Angry as he was at him, that was no  excuse for Angus to be incompetent about estate matters.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:32 pm

Ruby stayed with Marcus as Angus seem to go into auto pilot mode where Rosaria was concerned . hearing him agree the girls should stay she smiled and nodded she also nodded when he said Robert would be best for her injury " that's what I thought too" she said softly as Marcus spoke of the pizzas she glanced up seeing the boys disappear and chuckled at Angus comment " well that's three boxes gone" she said and saw Aria walk over and move them off the table.

"there's still a few boxes left , help your self" she said but sent a plate with some slices over to Marcus and another to Angus as Ruby walke dover and took two slices for herself also cutting one into small pieces for the baby's should they wake intime and set a warming charm on them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:47 pm

Angus took the note over to Edward's and he left it on the kitchen table. He came back and had a couple slices of pizza and part of a can of soda. It wasn't more than about five minutes when Marcus came back with Robert, and Robert was still dressed in his work suit and was carrying his bag. 

"Sorry we took a wee bit longer than expected," Robert said. "I made a couple floo calls to the minister at the Italian ministry and asked for a favor. He managed to get me the paperwork to make me look like I am licensed as a muggle healer there. It isn't required for this situation but it just makes it all go so much quicker. Now, do you know where this muggle hospital is?"

"Roughly," Angus said. "I do my best to avoid it, quite honestly. It's where I ended up when I fell out of the big tree on the estate when I was a boy. I'd like to not go there again any time soon. Our best bet is to go to Evan's and either get directions from him or have Carlo get one of the muggle cars and drive us."

"Either way is fine," Robert said. "Now, I suggest you have Carlo pack a bag for himself and put in a few things for Rosaria. I'll want to get her leg taken care of as soon as I can and then get her moved somewhere to recuperate. I'm having Kate make up your old room at the main house for now so we can keep her close to us for awhile. After all, between Khaat and Brian and Jess and me, we'll have plenty of healers to look after her if we have her over there. I've already sent word to Andrew. There is a second bedroom in his apartment that's vacant, and his apartment is ground floor, so it may turn out that it's better to put her and Carlo there than at the big house but we can figure that out as we go. Does Edward know?"

"Sod Edward until about Armageddon," Angus said.

"Oh. I see," Robert said. "Ruby? You going or not going? I need Angus, so I presume I'll have Marcus too."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:54 pm

Ruby saw Robert and Marcus return and talk to Angus she heard Angus and looked to Robert " I'd like to come with" she said and looked to Aria who nodded.

"go I got this" she said and saw Ruby smile to her .

"thank you, shes like a mother to Angus so is one to me too" she said softly and looked at Angus " if you want me to come that is?" she asked knowing it was best to ask him before actually confirming it.feeling now that she had better ask Angus first. It was now Jessie walked in and looked at them both .

"baby sitters here" he said smiling " I'll stay with Aria , she sent me a note explaining" he said " take our time and make sure shes well cared for." he added and walked over to take a piece of pizza.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:12 pm

"Come along. It might help to calm Carlo if there was a woman helping him pack some things for Rosaria," Angus said to Ruby. "I mean, I can suggest things, but clearly, you'll do a better job at it. Thanks, Jessie, for giving Aria a hand. The babies can be a handful. Aria, don't be afraid to have the boys lend a hand. They do not need to tank up on pizza and then doze off like sloths. They can help with their sisters if you need them."

"Let's go, then," Robert said, as Marcus finished his pizza and his soda. Angus did the porting and ported them to Evan's. When they arrived, they made the short walk to Evan's place and knocked on the door. Tara answered.

"Come on in," Tara said. "Evan and Carlo went to get the stretch limosine."

"Oh. I should have thought of that," Angus nodded. "Makes sense. It's a lot more practical." He looked at Ruby. "The muggle stretch limosine is a car equipped to carry the wealthy or the VIP's or large groups in one car. Edward's stretch limo has a bench seat and can seat one other person plus the driver. The back, however, can seat eight to ten people. It's actually a relatively small stretch limo."

"He's right," Marcus said. "The biggest ones can hold up to 20 people in the back. A good many of the have bullet proof glass and blacked out windows so no one can see who is in the car, for security purposes. Evan and Carlo are making the right call. It will transport all of us in the same car, and since there won't be a parking space big enough to hold it, they'll have to leave the car at the front door of the hospital. That will make an easy in and out for us, and, since the back will have plenty of bench seating, it will hold Rosaria with her injured leg to get her out and get her back to the estate without having to hire on a muggle ambulance to move her. It will give us complete control from the moment she's released."

"They'll be back in just a moment, I'm sure," Tara said. "You will look out for Carlo,, won't you? He's a nervous wreck. Some muggle monster was talking to him about amputating her leg at their emergency unit..."

"Over my dead body!" Robert scowled. "Not happening. The sooner she's out of there the better. You said they did surgery?"

"Some sort of metal. Metal sticks and wires and such. I didn't understand. She's not an engine that she needs metal," Tara sighed.

"No, but muggles are barbaric like that. I'll take her to surgery and remove all that nonsense and try to put it to rights, but if they removed the bone chips and fragments, I'll have to regrow the bone, and that will take time. Still, she's better in my hands than theirs," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:21 pm

Ruby smiled and took hold of Angus hand as he ported them to Evens home, walking up to the door she smiled seeing Tara then moved to hug her " well were here now" she said softly to her " and don't worry we will" she added as Tara spoke of the limo they would use . " good choice" she said as they continued inside the house she looked worried at Angus as Tara spoke of what the doctors had done so far.

Ruby moved to the kitchen and paused not seeing Rosaria there but she soon moved to make coffee and tea for every one " okay kettle's on so now we wait for Evan and Carlos." she said as she sat down at the table while Robert spoke of what the muggle doctors had done or were trying to do with the metal rods for Rosaria.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:44 pm

"They're here," Angus said. He had been all business since he first got word about Rosaria's fall, and he had been watching for the limo. It wasn't that Angus was being cold hearted. He was just making sure everything that needed to be done was being done. 

"One moment, Mate," Marcus held him up. He drew his wand and flicked it at Angus, transfiguring Angus's clothes to a business suit in a light gray windowpane print that had a doublebreasted vest and a black tie. Then he tailored it sharply. He wanted Angus to be able to look like the heir apparent to the Donohue fortune. He wanted Angus to not have trouble. Even in the muggle world, people knew the Donohues had the lion's share of the money in this little handful of villages. "Much better."

"Do change this back to my jeans when we finish with the muggles, won't you?" Angus asked.

"Of course," Marcus said. Then he looked at Ruby. Her dress wouldn't do either. She needed to represent now too. He flicked his wand at her and changed her clothes to a slim fitting black dress, doublebreasted with brass buttons and a wide belt, and standard black pumps with a 2" heel. 

"You're the wife of one of the richest men in the wizarding world. There are going to be times you will need to represent too," Marcus told her. "So, you might as well get used to the heels. It's time. Now, here's how this needs to go. Robert will get in first. Then Ruby, then Angus, and then me. I always get in last and get out first for security reasons. None of you get in or out until I tell you its safe. This is a muggle world here, and we have to look like we know what the hell we're doing. 

"Ruby," he said, "to get into a car gracefully in a skirt, you sit your butt on the seat first. Then, keeping your knees together, turn a quarter turn so you're facing the front and put your legs and feet into the car. Then just slide over to let Angus get in. I will almost always sit in the seat that faces Angus. Make sense? If so, let's go."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top