A Birth day - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 6 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:52 pm

Aria heard Marcus and sighed shaking her head hearing Marcus mention Lucian and his leak " oh that will be so much fun" she said and changed her clothes back Looking at Marcus she walked over to Marcus and kissed his cheek " be right back" she said with a mischievous grin a ssh ported out and about five minuets later she ported back laughing as a rather wet Lucian standing infront of them in his PJ's.

"why Aria , that was uncalled for" he said and yawned " hi Marcus " he said Aria walke dover to him and handed him the paper .

"this is why , you have a leak still." she said as he ready the article .
"god damn it" he said " thought we plugged that leak" he cursed and sighed as he placed the paper down on the couch. " have to re vet every one now" he looked at Marcus " unless you have some ideas?" he asked Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:10 pm

"You might have more than one," Marcus said. "Two entirely different stories. One designed to malign Angus--and you. And the other to malign Aria--and you. Now, I can understand why they would malign Angus. He's been the subject of a lot of bullshit lately, courtesy of Suzanne. And that's only going to get worse for a little since Angus and Ruby legally adopted Diamond and changed her name. It's finalized, and there's nothing that screwball Tom Gelding is married to can do about it. 

"And to make matters worse," Marcus said, "since you're clearly behind a step or two, Angus and Ruby were married yesterday, so that's only going to really piss off Suzanne. We already know her magic was not bound when she was transferred from your jail to Switzerland. She had plenty of time to recruit new assholes, and clearly did. The easiest, it seems to me, is to use Veritaserum on them, one by one, and have a conversation with them. The downside to that is that they're not going to have much faith in you as a leader. However, the leaks you're experiencing now is liable to cause the same effect if you can't nip it.

"It seems to me you need to consider that your leak might not be in your team at all. It could be anyone in the ministry or any of its informants. If you decide to do that, you could consider planting a real news scoop in your team, having some of Robert's organization tail them and see who manages to get information to the newspapers. And, since Angus is a hot button for Suzanne and her goons, I suggest you consider a sting operation. However, if you intend to do that, we do need to get Angus and his family involved in the sting because I will not subject them to any more trauma than they've experienced already. And, of course, you'd need Robert's blessing before you did any fishy stuff. But, if you plant phony information and tail your suspects, you might find out who is behind it. 

"Now, since there are far fewer employees of the Quibbler and the Prophet, I suggest you trail those employees instead of trying to do surveillance on every ministry employee. But thats just my suggestion," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:27 pm

Lucian listened to Marcus and nodded at each of his suggestions taking in his advice " I think a sting would work best, draw out the mole, and who was the idiot that didn't block her magic" he paused and rubbed his brow " anyway he or she will get her just dues" he said and looked at Marcus again when he said about talking with Robert " he was going to be my next stop , because if I can't trust my own team then I need to bring in men I can trust, just as you said " he added then he looked at Aria " don't think I have forgot about the bucket of ice cold water" he said smirking to her " payback if forth coming" he added and turned to walk over to the main house.-

Aria looked at Marcus and shrugged " it was the only way I could think of to wake him quickly" she said smirking as she spoke. " but good idea on the sting to get the mole in his team" she said as she saw Ruby walk down dressed in her running gear " okay Ruby and I will be back once we've run the rack" she said and kissed his cheek again with a smile. " come on Ruby try and keep up" she said as together they ran out the duplex towards the track.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:45 pm

Angus eventually dragged out of bed, but only because the babies started screeching at each other at the tops of their little lungs. Angus didn't know what they were irked about and didn't care. He went downstairs, eyes more closed than open and went to the desk drawer and started rooting around.

"What are you looking for?" Marcus asked. "Can I help you find something?"

"Duct tape. I'm going to tape their mouths shut from ear to ear and go back to sleep," Angus replied in a surly tone. Marcus laughed.

"Go sit. I'll get your coffee. They'll eventually wear their little rude selves out," Marcus said. He went to the kitchen and poured Angus some coffee. "Here. That should get the blood pumping in a bit. I'll go ship the babies to Siberia, shall I?"

"Go ahead," Angus muttered, taking his first stip of coffee for the day. Marcus went upstairs to see the babies were having a poop fight. They were naked, and the poop was being flung as far as their little fists could fling it. 

"Where is your mother when we need her?" Marcus sighed. He turned around, left the nursery, closed the door, and came back downstairs.

"They're still shrieking," Angus said.

"Because," Marcus said, sitting down, "they're having another poop fight."

"Of course they are," Angus said sarcastically. "They do something completely repulsive every single damned time I think I'm going to do something for myself--like sleep in til 6 am.

"The nerve of you for thinking you could sleep in til a halfways human hour," Marcus said. 

"I'll go in a minute--or two," Angus said.

"i'll come with you--after a sip or two more of coffee."

"I'll need three or four at least," Angus replied. "Besides, they aren't really hurting anything, right?"

"Just fouling their entire room is all."

"Well if we mail them to Siberia, they won't be needing it, will they?" Angus asked.

"I suppose I might as well wait and go up with you, then," Marcus said. 

"Might as well," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:54 pm

Aria and Ruby ran the track and then laughed as they wore them selves out, togther they ran back to teh house where Ruby heard the babies and looked at Marcus and Angus chukaling " melt downs again and at this hour" she said smirking " I'll get them" she said seeing by the look on Marcus face they were up to no good at the same time. Ruby made her way up to the nursery and opened the door " Oh my god" she called out seeing the mess the girls were in and the room.Changing her clothing she walked into the room setting a cleaning spell she picked up both naked babies and walked to the bathroom and ran a bath. Placing them in to it she gave them some toys while she gathered clean diapers and clothing for them.

Aria chuckled as they entered and heard the babies making a lot of noise but heard Ruby say she'd sort them. she looked up at the stairs when Ruby exclaimed at the mess in the nursery " You think I should help her" she asked but saw Ruby carrying both babies towards the bathroom and she shook her head. " when will those two stop destroying their rooms and clothing?" she asked as she pored a cup of coffee for every one and sent it out refreshing ones they already.
had.

Lucian walked over to the main house and knocked on the door pushing it open he walked in and looked around " is Robert around?" he asked then remembering he was still wearing his wert PJ;s so he changed his clothing to a shirt and suit trousers with formal shoes.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:10 am

"Well, she's better about it than Dad was. He was going to tape their mouths shut because of the screeching," Marcus said to Aria.

"Well, if I didn't, they weren't going to be quiet while you shipped them off to Siberia," Angus said, outting Marcus's plan as well. "This is what you get for leaving the babies with Marcus. He'd have mailed them covered in poop."

"Well, certainly," Marcus frowned. "If they were clean and quiet, I'd have no reason to ship them off, now would I?"

"See? He's a poor influence," Angus said.

"I'm here, I'm here," Robert sighed, dragging downstairs yawning, shirtless and barefoot, in his pajama trousers. "This better be important, Lucien. I've had all of 45 minutes of sleep, and I intend to have at least another hour before I put in a full day at the ministry and a full day at St. Mungos all before bedtime tonight."

"Coffee," Michael said to Robert, "Want it with or without Rescue Potion?"

"God. Double Rescue," Robert said. 

"If I do that, you don't dare tell Kate or Nigel either one,? Michael said, pouring a double dose of a potion into Robert's coffee, stirred it, and handed it to him. "He was rooted up 45 minutes after he went to bed because a certain three year old fell out of her bed and knocked out two of her teeth. So he's been up with her since. What's going on. Might as well tell both of us since we're both here."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:16 am

Aria listened to the banter of Marcus and Aria as Ruby cleaned up the girls " yeah shes good at that" she said then laughed at what they said they would do to the babies. " awe that would be a shame" she teased.

Lucian saw Robert and stayed quiet while he was getting his coffee with potion " have you seen the morning paper, I was rudely woken by a bucket of ice cold water, thrown by Aria may I add, so she could tell me that I have two moles in my team, I came round to show you the paper and ask if we could set up a sting to catch the buggers , Marcus thinks its two" he added as he watched Michael hand Robert his cup.

Now with the babies clean and changed Ruby chuckled and brought both down to the living room Amari now sporting a bow in her hair as Ruby had put it up out of her face. Caprice had hers pulled back with a purple bow. " two clean and quiet babies and one clean nursery" she said placing both of them in the play pen " now no fighting or I'll be the one shipping you to Siberia." she said with a chuckle knowing she wouldn't.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:29 am

"Nope," Robert said. "My three year old granddaughter was determined to be the entire focus of my attention now for a few hours. Haven't gotten to the papers yet."

"Oh. Is that what this is about?" Michael nodded. "Two moles? Does she know for sure that you have two moles? Or is she merely asking you to consider you might have more than one?"

"Oh. Marcus. I see," Robert nodded. "Michael?" Michael got the paper, handed it to Robert and pointed out the first article. Robert read it, and managed to do it in about ten seconds, and then Michael turned the page to the second article. Robert read it in about the same amount of time. 

"Speed reading," Michael said to Lucien. "You work the number hours he does, and you soon learn you need to read a hell of a lot faster than most folks."

"So. I see why Marcus wants to consider there might be more than one mole," Robert said. "And he's thinking a sting might be worthwhile. It might be worth it. Give me about ten minutes to get a shower and some clean clothes, and i'll go with you back to the duplex. In the meantime, go tuck in to the breakfast in the dining room. The sideboard is always loaded this time of the morning. Michael, can you find Kate and tell her that she will be on Grandma duty for Abbey or, if Jess has time, she can be on Auntie Jess duty, whichever they work out." Robert turned and headed upstairs to shower and dress. 

"Dining room is right through there, Lucian," Michael said, pointed at the dining room doorway. "Feel free to help yourself. Best breakfast in these parts. If you leave this house hungry, its your own fault entirely. Zoe is a five star chef, and she cooks the breakfasts here, so I wouldn't miss it if I were you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:37 am

Lucian nodded to Robert " yep his thought" he said and watched as Robert speed read the articles once Michael handed him the paper. And Michael explained how Robert could speed read that quick " wow okay explains it" Lucian said as he then heard Robert explain what they would do before he headed off to shower and change his clothes. Hearing Michael and see the direction he was pointing Lucian nodded 2 thanks its way to early for this shit but I need it done with" he said as he moved to the dinning room to pore himself a strong coffee and gather some food " at this hour even a bowl of fruit loops sounds good 2 he said gathering some food and sitting at the table to eat while he waited.

Lucian finished his food and placed the plate in the kitchen ready to be washed " these moles keep showing up in my team , its frustratingly worrying, I now kinda know how Angus felt when Suzzanne was constantly after him, you think its done with and boom another pops up" he added " but it is my job to sort this sort of stuff out." he added as he picked up the paper and re read the article " and this doesn't help, that Rita is getting too big for her boots" he added
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:46 pm

"Careful," Michael told Lucian, following him into the dining room. Michael went to the sideboard, picked up two pieces of toast and started assembling a hasty breakfast sandwich of sorts for Robert by putting a little of this and a bit of that in between the slices of toast. "You have your facts all buggared up, Lucian. I would not make the mistake of saying that Rita Skeeter works for the Daily Prophet in the presences of anyone who actually works for the Prophet. Rita has always worked for The Quibbler, and the Quibbler has never been anything other than a tabloid gossip paper that tells, largely made-up garbage. Xenophilius Lovegood--Luna's father--is responsible for owning and running it, and he has openly said he bloody doesn't care whether the Quibbler tells the truth or not because all he really cares about it that it sells. The fact that the stories about you and your team were in the Prophet and not the Quibbler should cause you double the concern because that means that it wasn't Rita Skeeter that wrote them. And, further more, it also means that somehow someone in the Ministry gave the Prophet enough evidence to convince them that they have the truth. Unlike the Quibbler, the Prophet does care that they publish the truth, and they wouldn't believe Rita was telling the truth if they talked to her face to face."

Michael finished assembling a breakfast sandwich for Robert and wrapped it up in a piece of waxed paper from the kitchen, as Robert came downstairs, clean and changed into one of his business suits so he could go to work when he finished meeting about the possible sting operation. 

"Now, Michael," Robert said, "I need you to come along on this. I have entirely too much on my plate right now to command a sting. If I set it up, I need you to command it or for Belby to do it."

"Not a problem," Michael said. "I'll call Daniella and cancel my evening with her."

"Wait until we have a plan before you do that. You might not need to. We could always have Kate come along and she could help you."

"Is she with Abbey, though."

"Ah, well, yes. She's trying to soothe her to sleep."

"I'll debrief Kate later if I need to," Michael said. Robert nodded, and Michael handed him the sandwich. 

"Fuel," Michael told him.

"Bless you. It's been a long night, and I'm starving," Robert said, picking up the little bottle of Rescue potion and putting it in his jacket pocket. "Lucian, we're heading over to the duplex. Take your time and finish your breakfast and then come along when you're ready. We'll meet you over there." Michael and Robert headed over to the duplex and went inside.

Marcus had just put on a fresh pot of coffee, and the boys were finishing their breakfasts and getting ready to head to work.

"Morning, Lads," Robert said to Sam and Victor.

"Hi, Robert," they greeted him.

"Good work on the tomatoes, by the way. Kate tells me we got double the harvest we expected to get. Well done."

"Thanks," they said. "We'll see you later." The boys got up, put their dishes in the sink and headed out for the day.

"I'll get you both some fresh coffee as soon as the pot stops brewing," Marcus told Robert and Michael

"Wonderful," Robert said, as he and Michael went into the living room and sat down.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top