A Birth day - Page 53
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 53 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 53 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 53 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:54 pm

Ruby heard Angus chuckle and then listened to him talk of how to make a dark chocolate decaf cappuccino." sounds good " she said and stood up heading to the kitchen to gather what Angus had told her to get. Finding the recipe she followed it to the letter then returned with two cups " okay , you asked for it, my first attempt" she said placing one down by Angus and picking up the other. Slowly she took a sip and tasted the dark chocolate in her mouth " its a bit bitter, is that just the cocoa?" she asked him.

Jack walked with the group " good thing I wore my hiking boots" he said noting the stony ground under his feet. reaching the spot he heard Michael and nodded " can do" he said and let them get some ways away before casting the spell making it seem nobody was at the grave from outside so muggles would not notice them, he added a spell to stop muggles entering the area too so once again they would not know it was there unless the walked right up to it. "okay done" he said brushing his hands together.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:16 pm

"It probably is," he told her. "Some French roasts can have a bitter edge to them, but dark chocolate has less of a sugar content. So it could well be a combination of the two. Personally, I prefer my cappuccinos to have less sugar, but that's just my personal preference. Everybody's different. If you want it sweeter, I would make a simple syrup so you can be sure the sugar is all dissolved and then just pour a wee bit into your coffee as you like it. Some people will probably prefer it without it being sweet. In fact, a lot of cappucinos are sold  without sugar at all. So you might want to cool the simple syrup and then get one of those squeeze bottles out of the pantry and put the simple syrup in it. People can just squeeze some into their cup of they want some."

Michael dropped off the boys behind a crypt and gave them very clear instructions on what they could and could not do. Once he had them settled, and he had cast a protection spell around them, Michael apparated back to the graves where Marcus and Jack were. 

"Okay, our ghosts are in place. Let's do this. I think some combined Defodio spells should do the trick. Shall we?"

When they were all united, they cast defodio spells to unearth the caskets. Michael expected, honestly to see just the remnants of plain wood caskets, but that isn't what they found. There were huge, heavy crypts made of granite. 

"What in the name of Merlin is that?" Marcus frowned.

"That, my boy, is a pair of granite vaults. And, back then, these would have been top of the line," Michael said.

"Wait, wait, wait. These are listed as paupers graves. So why are these here?"

"Because, as Robert surmised, there is a whole lot of fishy business going on with these deaths," Michael said. He lit his wand and shined it down into the graves. "Wait! Don't touch them. Nobody try to go down there. Just a moment." He laid down on the ground at the edge of the hole to look closer. 

"Reveal!" Michael cast another spell. Eerie green circles, the size and shapes of coins lit up on various places on the vaults. Some of them had what looked like snakes that started to lift up from the coins and readied themselves into striking positions. "Well, I'll be. I haven't seen those since I was, oh, maybe in my early 20's. Look at these, Boys. You know what these are? These are, basically, an ancient dark magic form of a security system. They're pretty rudimentary but if someone tries to destroy them, they will alert whoever made them that someone's tinkering with them. And, you see these little magical cobras? These little nasty bastards are made by some dark arts alchemist using actual cobra venom and infusing it into the coins. So, when someone starts tinkering with the coins, they will be bitten by these little tiny bastards-with a full dose of adult cobra venom. Lovely, aren't they?" Michael sighed, frustrated.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:29 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and returned to the kitchen once he finished explaining about the syrup to sweeten the coffee. Slowly she made it then let it cool placing it in a squeezy bottle then adding a little to her cup she smiled a she walked back out to the living room " that's perfect" she said sitting down as she offered the cup to Aria who took a sip then passed it back to her.

Jack stood for a moment before seeing Michael return he heard him mention defodio spells . Taking aim he fired the same time as they did and saw the crypts open before them and listened to Michael explain to Marcus why they were there. " ha makes sense, if your hiding" he said then as he was about to step in he heard Michael warning and paused looking in once the revelio spell was cast he saw the coin like green shapes, " wow effective but out dated" he said and looked to Michael " the trap not you" he said " so now what , you know away to disarm this?" he asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:40 pm

"Yes. I do, but like the coins themselves, it is a bit old school too. He opened his pack and got out a two-tined fork. It looked like it was rather dull finished and very old. "Know what this is?" He asked them. "This is a medieval 2 tined-fork. This one happens to be made of gold. The advantage to it is that gold is softer, so I can alter its size and shape without damaging the integrity of it. And in this case, I'm going to bend it and elongate it both." He used magic to make the fork long enough to reach down to the coins and he bent the fork 90 degrees right at its neck. Then, working carefully and painstakingly, he pulled each coin up from the vault and levitated them one at a time out of the grave and up well over their heads. "Now, don't muck with them," Michael told Marcus and Jack. "They still think they're on the vaults, so when we get done, I'll put them straight back." He doublechecked both vaults.

"Okay. Let's get the lids of these vaults off and see what the hell they're protecting," Michael said. "I think we need to pull the lids towards us if we can so that whatever surprise, if there is one, has to launch itself away from us. I presume you'd like us to help pull too, Jack?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:45 pm

Jack looked at Machel and watched as he moved the coins out of the way when he said not to mess with them Jack chuckled " not likely" he said then when Michael said everything was clear they could go down , he took a step into the crypt listening he shook his head " not if you don't want to" he said as they looked around. He saw the walls were made of local stone and placed his hand on it feeling it cold and sap to the touch.

Turning to hear Michael say they needed to see what waws being protected down their he nodded " too right , must be something really important, or incriminating" he added as they continued deeper into the crypt.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:52 pm

They worked together to pull back both stone lids, but, to Michael's surprise, nothing happened. Nothing at all. Michael went around to the other side of the graves and looked in and found expensive metal caskets. 

"This just gets crazier and crazier," Michael said. He took several steps back and fired spells to cause the bolts to disappear, and then he opened the lids of both caskets, expecting to see corpses or skeletons or something. "What the everloving hell?" Michael frowned. "Look. Empty. Nothing. And no residue of a corpse or a skeleton. There has never ever been a body in either of these graves. Someone went to a lot of money and expense and magic to bury and boobytrap two empty caskets. Look for yourselves."  

Just then Michael heard the boys in the distance making all sort of eerie ghostly noises, and that was followed by the sounds of terrified muggles screaming and running for the entrance.

"Uh oh. We have muggles on the loose," Michael said. "We need to hurry up and close all this up. Either that, or we need to rescue our poltergeists before the muggle cops come to investigate. One or the other. We're now suddenly only a minute away from our lads being caught by muggles."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:59 pm

Jack moved with Marcus and Michael he heard Michael and looking inside further he took deep breath in then shook his head " huh, they are empty" it was now he then paused and heard the boys " shoot , we'd better hurry then " he said pushing the lids back in place as if they were cardboard, "lets get out of here" he said as he headed back the way they had come in looking around he saw some people by the main gate " they've not seen any one and are down by the main gate" he told Michael and Marcus.

"once the coins were back in place Jack elongated his nails and dug them into the cover pulling it back in place " now there's just the dirt, that's down to you guys , I don't do the dog digging bit" he said and chuckled. Jack heard the people and looked to Marcus " still got that boggart?" he asked " you might need it"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:03 am

"Not so fast. We can't leave them dug up," Michael said. "Go, Jack. I have work to do. This is going to take a little." He had to take the time and precision to replace the dark arts coins back exactly where they were, and then he and Marcus cast spells to cover the graves again with soil and to make them look completely undisturbed. 

"Let's go," Marcus said. "Jack is several minutes ahead of us now. Hopefully he got to the boys while they muggles were hauling ass out of the cemetery and got the boys out."

"I hope so too, or Angus is going to have all our asses in a sling," Marcus said, as they hurried towards where Michael had stationed the boys.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:13 am

Jack looked to Michael and nodded as he quickly made his way to the boys with out being seen , " hold tight guys" he said and ported them back to the duplex he paused and waited for Michael and Marcus.

Ruby made several cups of the cocoa capachino for the boys and jack feeling they would need something hot when they returned but she paused when she saw Jack stayed outside it was now she noticed Marcus and Michael had not returned yet. Jack stayed right on the spot waiting and hoping the would return.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:36 am

Marcus and Michael apparated to where Michael had left the boys and saw that the boys and Jack were gone. Both Marcus and Michael had a mix of feelings. On one hand, they were glad that the boys were, presumably, safe. Michael made a mental note to talk to Robert about Jack's refusal to help to rebury the graves. It wasn't as if they were going to make him cover the graves with his bare hands or even with a shovel. It wasn't funny, especially when they were short on time to reach the boys. And nobody even remotely thought of Jack as a dog. 

"Never mind, Michael," Marcus said. "We got the job done, and everyone is safe. Let's call it a night, shall we?"

"Oh, you're right," Michael sighed. "I'll fill Robert in about what we found and didn't find, and then I'm heading to bed. I'm tired. Let's go home."

"I couldn't agree more," Marcus said. Michael apparated them home to the yard.

"One more mission down, but I can't say we learned much," Michael said. 

"No, but maybe it'll make sense in the morning."

"Maybe. Right now, all I want is a hot shower and my pillow. I'll try to update Robert after my shower, if he's still up. If not, I'll catch him in the morning. Finding out that we found nothing isn't exactly earth shattering news anyway. I'm knackered."

"Me too," Marcus said. "Goodnight, Michael."

"Goodnight, Marcus," Michael said, apparating to the main house to shower and then talk to Robert about their adventure--or lack of it.

"Michael's heading for the shower and then to bed, Jack," Marcus said, as he crossed the yard and ran into Jack. "You're welcome to come in. If I know Ruby, she's made cookies or some sort of treat. If not, Evan brought some chocolate tiramisu earlier and I know there's some left." Marcus opened the door and went in. 

"Michael went straight back to the main house," he told the others. "He wanted a shower and then some sleep. Can't say as I blame him."

"So what did you find?" Victor asked.

"Something creepy, I bet," Sam said.

"No. Quite the contrary. Both graves were empty, and clean as a whistle. Nobody's ever been in either casket. So, I guess we'll be on to Shetland at some point to see if Charlotte and Gideon are somewhere in some spot in the hinterlands," Marcus said.

"Somebody's going to a lot of trouble to cover their tracks," Angus said.

"My thoughts exactly," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top