A Birth day - Page 52
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 52 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 52 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 52 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:25 am

Aria and Ruby looked at Robert as he spoke and Ruby could not help shiver at the thought " whats worse than a black widow?" she asked but was interrupted my Michael showing something to Robert Aria looked to Marcus knowing what Michael meant and stayed quiet not asking where the information came from. Ruby stood up as Robert spoke and walked over to Angus taking his hand in her own.

"that's a lot of information, two autopsies that both say different to the official one and they were both killed by the same method , of whom ever tried to kill Angus too" she said then looked at Robert " should you ned a family members permission know that you with out a doubt you have it" she told him glancing at Angus. Jessie looked at Robert then to the stairs .

"do you still want me to continue looking threw those boxes?" he asked handing him what they had found so far to him. Jessie gave a yawn but stifled it quickly " sorry." he said as he then quickly explained what he and the boys had found , " we think this could be where their buried, in a paupers grave as Aria called it."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:07 pm

"Thank you, Jessie," Robert said. "Let's pause your work with the boxes for now. I think you lot should, over time, continue that work because you never know what it might turn up. But, let's put a temporary pause in it until we have the chance to check out the leads we have. Unfortunately, I do think we are going to need to go to Shetland and see if we can find Charlotte and Gideon. If, however, they're buried in Shetland, as our infomation suggests, then we need to know who the hell is buried in Highgrove Cemetery. Marcus, are you up to pairing up with Michael for some midnight marauding?"

"Always," Marcus said.

"Lovely," Robert said. "Since Highgrove is a little less barren, lets do the obvious first. I'll send you and Michael to Highgrove tonight to the grave locations on the paperwork. Do try not to be see, would you? Since you're in muggle territory, our standard protection spells should help keep the muggles from seeing you, but you'll have to do your best to be as silent as possible."

"Of course," Marcus said. "Is Michael free to go tonight?"

"He will be," Robert said. "Aria, I will alert Edward and Jack that Marcus is going out tonight. Edward can help you protect the inside of the house, along with the Fae, I'm sure. And Jack and the ground crew can keep their eyes and ears open in case anything happens outside. That will leave you free to float where you're needed, if you're needed. Fair enough? In the meantime, I'll see to my patients."

Robert checked the charts that Andrew and Jess had kept, including the food and fluid charts. Then he checked Angus's wounds.

"You're doing exceptionally well. You're a bit ahead of schedule in healing, which is a good thing. So, if you're up to it, you can start being up on your feet or in a chair for short periods, but don't overdo it. It is not a release to go back to work, understand? Nor is it any sort of permission for you to be out of bed all day. It is a few times a day for short periods only. We will continue to monitor food and fluids, especially if you're going to try to be up. Keep up the medications as scheduled. Absolutely no fighting or skirmishing. None--at all, period. You have family and guards to protect you from that. Marcus, do not let him go bananas now that I've given him some ambulatory permissions."

"Of course not," Marcus replied. 

"Go get your mission wear, Marcus, and I'll go see the other Belby in this house," Robert said, going downstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:23 pm

Jessie looked at Robert and breathed out when he said they could leave the paperwork for a while " thank you" he said and looked to Ruby " I'll be back in a few hours" he said and headed to the cabin to shower and rest for a few hours. Ruby and Aria listened to Robert and nodded as he spoke to Michael and Marcus. Aria looked at Marcus and nodded.

"I'll be right at his bed side until you get back" she said to Marcus making Ruby chuckle and looked to them both.

"you do know that will drive him nuts" she said " just stay close " she said then heard Robert talk about Angus being able to get out of bed for a small amount of time and she smiled " oh that's great" she said sending over a fresh cold glass of water to beside Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:32 pm

"Thanks. You know, Ru, Yu might enjoy going on a mission with Michael and Marcus. Cris could come over here, and he and Poppy could either have a sleepover downstairs or sketch since neither of them have to go to school tomorrow, if Yu doesn't want to leave both Cris and Jessie sleeping, that is. One more kid downstairs wouldn't make or break anything."

"I'm sure Robert would be fine with it," Marcus said. "Frankly, though, I think Jack would be a better choice. If we have to lift the lids on very many stone grave vaults tonight, we'd be glad to have his strength to add to ours. I'll be back. One of you should either go ask Yu or Jack or send one of them them a note. I'm going to go change." He went upstairs to change to his mission gear.

"He's got a point. Those stone lids can be ungodly heavy. And then they have to open the casket after that," Angus told her. "Maybe Jack is a better idea. I don't know."  

Angus sent a note to Jack, explaining that there was some 'heavy missions work' being done tonight and asking if Jack thought the grounds crew could keep close watch on the duplex without him enough that perhaps Jack might go along with the night mission crew.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:40 pm

Ruby smiled to Angus then listened to Marcus then looking back to Angus as he said Jacks strength would be helpful; " I have to go with Jack, extra strength is helpful with crypt covers" she said as she watched Angus send out a note to Jack .

Jack was just finishing cleaning up and hand stepped out the bathroom in a towel as a note flew into his open hand " hum" he said and opened it, then quickly dressed in black trousers and jumper along with black hiking boots and headed down and across to the duplex. Knocking on the door he pushed it open " okay got your note , I'm in" he said walking over to Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:52 pm

"Good," Marcus said. "Michael and I are going gravedigging in London, and trying to avoid the muggles at the same time. You know the muggles new obsession with ghost hunting in cemeteries. I say we either put protection charms around us or cast some sort of illusions to draw them off to the other side of the cemetery."

"Good thinking," Robert said, coming upstairs. "Poppy's doing very well. I removed her sutures early because the incision is closed. However, she still has quite a lot of soft tissue damage under the skin that needs healing. She's rather in the same position Angus is in. I want her up and moving and trying to regain her strength, but only in short bursts. I want her resting in between."

"That's great. Thank you, Robert. That's good news," Marcus said, relieved.

"I really do want to go on this mission," Angus sighed.

"Why?" Robert asked.

"I want to go hunker down on the other side of the cemetery and pretend to be a poltergeist."

"You are a bad influence on your sons, you know that?" Robert frowned at Angus.

"Why?" 

"Because both Sam and Victor volunteered for exactly the same mission, and I actually accepted them--with a few instructions. They're changing into mission wear right now."

"Damn. They spoiled all the fun," Angus teased.

"God, what am I gonna do if they end up as mischeivous as their dad?" Robert sighed. "I'm going home. Michael will be here shortly to come and get you and the boys, Marcus. Now, I'm leaving. Goodnight." He turned and left.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:58 pm

Aria heard Robert talk of Poppy and smiled " that's good" she said " I can help her walk around for a few minuets a day if you want" she said wanting to help in some way" she offered looking to Marcus hoping he would understand.

Ruby chuckled when Angus offered to sit at the other side of the grave yard and be a ghost, then she laughed hearing the boys had offered the same thing " wow , you taught them well" she said as she heard Jack chuckle too .

"don't worry mate we'll give you the full report when we get back" he said chuckling " dirty details included" he laughed softly then looked to Robert and composed himself "Sorry, but you have to admit this is so going to be fun" he said but could not help chuckle. Aria stood up and walked over to the kitchen poring a cup of coffee for herself and then walked back." so we just waiting on the boys?" Jack asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:17 pm

"No. Focus, Jack," Marcus teased. "Robert just said Michael would be over shortly. The boys need to get changed and get their gear, and Michael needs to get here."

It was just a few minutes, and the boys came upstairs, ready to go out.

"You going to be able to leave the girls for a bit?" Angus teased them.

"Bah. They're all three heading to bed. They're no fun."

"They have to go to school tomorrow. You probably will get some of the morning off since you're working late."

"That works," Sam grinned. 

"I'll go downstairs and bring up the rats so we can feed them," Andrew said, going downstairs.

"Rats?" Sam looked at Angus.

"Voles," Angus laughed. "They'll need to be fed every couple hours all night long. I'm betting Andrew will do that."

Michael arrived with a black bag slung on his shoulder. 

"Come along, you lot. The graves await," Michael said as something in his bag began to knock and jostle around.

"You didn't," Angus scowled at Michael.

"Didn't what?" Michael asked innocently.

"You brought that bloody boggart, didn't you?"

"Its just insurance," Michael said. "If the boys fail, my boggart will scare the shit out of those muggles."

"Now I am going," Angus said.

"Uh uh," Marcus shook his head. "Look if you want to do something helpful, figure out a way to make a really awesome tasting cappuchino for us that will actually help us get to sleep, rather than having the caffeine keeping us awake."

"And i thought you'd give me something challenging," Angus sighed.

"Let's go, before he leaps into your bag to go along," Marcus told Michael. Michael drew a new portkey he'd made, and he ported them right on the inside of the cemetery behind a small family mausoleum. 

"Sorry the portkey didn't take us straight to the section we wanted. I made the portkey in haste. We'll have to take a short hike to the section we're going to," Michael said. He looked around to get his bearings. "I think we need to go that way," He pointed off to his left. "Shall we?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:30 pm

Jack looked at Robert and shook his head " sorry I think I still have water in my ear from my shower and missed that" he said shaking his head to clear his ear. He saw Michael walk over with the duffel bag and chuckled hearing it was the Bogart " mor likely give a poor muggle a heart attack." he added with a chuckle. Hearing Marcus talk of rats he frowned then heard Voles as Marcus returned with a small box. " oh , that's right, those are the babies possibly to the mother Kate has, by the way shes doing great" he added glad they were being taken care of being they were so small.

Ruby chuckled as Marcus spoke to Angus gibing him the task of finding the perfect cappuccino for every one. " I thought he'd done that already, can he improve on perfection?" she asked and looked to Angus knowing this was a tease that she hoped he would take up..

Jack moved to Michael and held on to him as they ported away, arriving at a graveyard he looked around seeing the granite headstones dotted around the area along with the small family mausoleum they had ported behind. his eyes picked out the cobblestone walls surrounding the graveyard " okay nobodies here." he said and looked at them " heightened eye sight?" he explained.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:44 pm

"Perfection. Ha," Angus laughed. "You know, Ru, I think you should make those cappucinos. Here's what I'd do if I were you. Make a full pot of decaffeinated French roast. There really is some in the pantry but its tucked way back behind the bags of the regular French roast because we just never use the decaf stuff. Anyway, make a full pot. Then, get out maybe two or three of those gourmet dark chocolate candy bars from the pantry and chop them up. Follow the recipe in my book for the exact measurements, but instead of using plain milk, use double cream in the same measurement. Heat it up gently and then add the chopped up chocolate. It's going to make a very thick and rich dark chocolate cocoa, essentially. Add a bit of sugar. Not too much. You don't really want hot cocoa for this. Then, when they get back, follow the cappucino recipe and add the cocoa mixture to the decaf. Don't use all the cocoa. Keep some back. With the cocoa you have left, use the milk foaming spell and cast it on the remaining cocoa and spoon it very gently on the top of each cappucino. What you should end up with is one of the best tasting dark mocha cappucinos you've ever had, especially since it will have a dark chocolate foam on top. And, with the decaf coffee, the double cream, and the chocolate. there's enough tryptophan in that to relax just about anybody. And don't forget to write it up and credit yourself for the recipe."

The mission team walked til they got to the spot where the graves were supposed to be. The graves were only marked with numbers. 

"Well, supposedly, this is the place. Alright, Jack, can you cast some protection spells around it to blind the muggles from this area where we're going to be? I'm going to drop our poltergeists a respectable haunting distance away, and I'll be straight back," Michael said. He took hold of Sam and Victor and apparated across the cemetery with them.

"Need some help with those protection spells?" Marcus asked Jack.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top