A Birth day - Page 95
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 95 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 95 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 95 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:44 pm

Marcus fixed plates for himself and Angus and set one in front of Angus as he read through the article in the Prophet. The boys tucked into some casserole, some toast and some fruit, and the girls did the same.

"Now, Boys," Angus told Sam and Victor. "If the weather is crappy when school is due to be out, either Carlo will bring the girls home or I'll go get them myself. I do not want you to try to test your skills by trying to port in a sea storm. And if it is truly severe, they can stay in Tuscany tonight."

"Fine by me," Victor said.

"So, what do you want for your Victory supper?" Angus asked Anise.

"You mean if I win," she said.

"No. So far as I'm concerned, you're a champion either way. You deserve it."

"Do you know how to make steak fajitas?"

"Certainly."

"If I dont' win, let's do steak fajitas," she told him. "If I do, let's just have some nice big steaks."

"Consider it done," he nodded. "I think, at some point, we need to send word to your dad about it and invite him for a day with you or something."

"We thought about that, but we thought we'd wait until after the finals to contact him," Ginger said.

"Thanks for never forgetting about our dad," Anise said.

"You are blessed to have a really good dad," Angus told them. "He is always welcome here."

Marcus finished his breakfast, and he made a fresh pot of coffee and a fresh pot of tea. He looked through the tea and found an untried blend of Robert's--a tea flavored like Hobnob biscuits. He opened the tea container and smelled it and decided it did indeed smell like his mother's hobnobs. So he brewed a pot and then found a package of hobnobs in the pantry. 

"I smell cookies," Angus said.

"You smell Robert's hobnob tea," Marcus said.

"Oh, good. I've been meaning to try it. I think there's a package of hobnobs in the pantry. Might be nice if Robert hasn't eaten breakfast before he comes. Hopefully this doesn't take all morning."

"I'm ahead of you. Got it right here," Marcus said, showing him the package. "You know, we could give him a plate of breakfast if he comes hungry."

"Well, yes. We could," Angus said, yawning.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:58 pm

Ruby looked at Anise and smiled " as Angus said we'll be proud of you win or lose and yes you have a really good da. " she chuckled as they said steak fajitas and if they lose they would just have big steaks. " sound like a fun supper" she said smiling to them " but just do your best" she said placing the girls into the pen and walking over to Anise " and remember , we're all thinking of you" she said smiling to her.

Aria chuckled and nodded to Anise " just focus on what you need to do, " she said " and just do your best and most of all..just have fun" she said smiling to her as she finished her breakfast and coffee taking her cup to the sink she washed it and pored some of the tea sipping it she smiled " this tastes like an oat cookie" she said taking another sip.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:13 pm

"We'd better go," Victor told the girls.

"We're ready," Anise said, as Ginger took their dishes to the sink. They got their bags, and Sam got up to go with them.

"We won't be long," Sam told Angus and Ruby, "but we're gonna have to go straight to the barn and report in for the day when we get back. I think we're supposed to go help with harvesting tomatoes and stuff today. They were hoping to get at least the tomatoes pulled off so the storms didn't cause too much damage. 

"Good thought," Angus said. "Work fast. And twist. Don't pull. Twist the tomatoes off the vine. Pack them carefully."

"Twist. Got it. We'll see you later," Victor said. The boys took the girls' hands and got out their portkeys and ported them out.

"It's nice that the boys actually like to take them and pick them up," Angus said. There was a knock, and Robert came in.

"Morning, All," Robert said, with his shoulder bag with him that held all his important paperwork.

"Morning, Robert," Angus said.

"Tea, Robert? We made your hobnob tea," Marcus said.

"You did? How is it?"

"I like it, actually," Marcus said, pouring Robert a mug and handing it to him. 

"Lets go out on your deck, shall we? It's a beautiful morning for now--until the storm clouds roll in."

"Fine by me," Angus yawned.

"Not sleeping well?" Robert asked.

"I slept fine," Angus said. "Not sure why I'm tired, though."

"Well, we're all entitled to an off day once in awhile."

"Simone's bringing some scones," Edward said. "She was up this morning at 4:30 baking for some stupid reason. We've got some great blackberries in the garden, so I know she made blackberry scones. I'll have her bring them out when she brings them over."

"Oh, I bet she'll find us," Robert said. "Come on, Angus and Ruby. I do have two jobs to get to when we're done here." He headed outside as Marcus warmed up Angus's coffee. Angus got up and took his mug and went outside and sat down on one of the wicker deck chairs near the wicker sofa and coffee table outside. He put his mug on the coffee table, opened his shoulder bag, and started getting out the paperwork that pertained to Diamond's custody case. Edward went out and sat in the chair opposite Robert.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:19 pm

Ruby heard Anise and smiled " good luck" she said to her then listened to the boys and nodded " okay, see you at dinner" she said watching the girls gather their things as the boys took hold of them and ported them away. She was sitting enjoying the tea when she saw Robert walk in and talk to Angus.

Aria saw Robert and smiled " teas great by the way" she said holding up her cup as she saw Angus and ruby head out side , picking up both girls she walked to the back door gently bouncing them as she saw Ruby sit down next to Angus. Ruby chuckled and nodded as she followed Angus out to the deck and sat down now she could see the dark clouds looming and looked at Angus then Edward.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:38 pm

"So, I have the consent of the Wizengamot to do this. They have accepted Tom's paperwork signing custody to you, Angus. Now, these forms here will finalize your acceptance of permanent adoption of her. What are you going to call her? Are you keeping her first name?"

"No," Angus said. "That name was given to her by her mother in bitterness. We want her to always know she was chosen and loved. So, we'd like to call her Amari."

"A very good choice. It actually means 'eternally loved.' That's a very good choice," Robert said. "And a middle name?"

"I don't know that we go that far," Angus said.

"Well, you could use Tani, which means daughter," Robert suggested, "or some version of Cordelia, which also means daughter. Or Jia, which means God's Gift, or Layla, which some people say also means family. The choice is up to you, of course."

"What do you think?" Angus asked Ruby. "Amari 'whatever-we-pick Donohue?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:44 pm

Ruby listened to Robert and was relived that all had gone smoothly with the paperwork listening to Robert ask about a middle name then give some suggestions she smiled " I think Amari Jia Donohue" she said smiling and looked to Angus " I think its perfect for her because she is.." she looked at Angus before saying her name again "Amari Jia Donohue" Now Aria walked over and handed her to Ruby letting her sit facing Robert on Ruby's knee.

Aria held Caprice and smiled as Ruby took the newly names Amari from her. " I like that name" she said as Caprice babbled in he arms " I think Caprice does too" she said and chuckled as she moved to stand with Marcus while holding Caprice.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:08 pm

"That's fine," Angus said. "Can we spell it Gia instead of Jia?"

"Certainly. You can spell it any way you want," Robert said, filling out the form to change Diamond's name to Amari Gia Donohue. "I like it." He handed the form to Angus. "Sign there at the x, and then i'll sign it." Angus signed the form and handed it back to Robert who signed it and added an enchanted seal. "Good, so that's it. Her name is, officially, not Diamond anymore. Her name is now legally Amari. Now, shall we start the process for Italian citizenship? That will give her triple citizenship."

"I don't need to go to the Italian authorities for that?" Angus asked.

"Well, yes. but I happen to have the forms that you need to file, and I can sign my section of it that you are her legal father and that you already have dual citizenship. That will expedite it for you," Robert replied. "You are planning on adding Ruby to the custody arrangement?"

"Yes," Angus said. 

"Are you going to want Ruby to want Italian citzenship too?"

"Well, yes, someday, that's going to be inevitable, I think, as long as its something she wants to do by then," Angus said.

"You know," Edward said, "if you would get off your duff and get the marriage finalized, that would make her dual citizenship an open and shut matter."

"Yes, I know but..." Angus began.

"You also know Robert carries all sorts of forms, and you know none of us are guaranteed the next two minutes. Stop jacking around, fill out the form, answer the I do questions, and get it done. It isn't as painful as you want to make it for yourself or for her. The longer you postpone it, the more you make her question your motives...." Edward said.

"There's nothing wrong with my motives..." Angus bristled, angry. Edward got out marriage license and laid it on the coffee table in front of Angus.

"Then just get it done," Edward said forcefully. "Prove yourself." Angus looked at Edward, feeling trapped. Edward was putting Angus on the spot. And Ruby wasn't saying a syllable. To Angus, that meant she basically agreed with Edward. And it wasn't the first time she had basically said or insinuated that Angus wasn't stepping up because he wasn't marrying her. Now, if he did anything less, she would surely believe it. There wasn't one particle of romance or love in this. Angus had heard of shotgun weddings, and this was just about the same damned thing.

He felt his heart racing in his chest faster than he could begin to count. If she loved him, she wouldn't want this to happen like this. But she wasn't saying a single word. Edward opened the ring box and put it on the coffee table. And then Angus knew for certain--they'd set him up for this. All of this had been an elaborate set up to force him to get married. He was furious. Regardless of his feelings for Ruby, they'd felt it was still alright to do this to trap him. He didn't want Ruby hurt, but the only way to avoid that now was to sign the stupid assed form and do this. And right now, he wasn't sure he planned to ever forgive Edward. 

Stone faced, Angus picked up his coffee cup to give himself a moment to push his rage out of the way, not wanting to show anything of his feelings. He silently picked up the pen and signed the form and laid the pen back down.

"Fine," he looked at Robert. For a fraction of a second, he thought Robert was going to ask him if this was his own free will, but Robert didn't. In Robert's own, typical emotionless style, he merely nodded and then proceeded directly to the vows, which Robert appeared to know by heart.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:17 pm

Ruby smiled hearing that Amari was the official name now for Dimond . It was now he spoke of the fact marring her would make thing easier for them to get citizenship for both of them. she wanted to stop and let him have time to think about it but Edward and Marcus had been right once it was all over she knew Angus would calm down . she bit her lip as she watched him sigh stone faced feeling guilty at having to do it this way to him.

she heard Robert start the vows and stayed sat beside Angus hoping he would forgive them all for doing it this way. As Robert started the vows she said her part and also signed the paper work too finalizing it she hoped that was all she had to do.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:45 pm

Robert walked them through the vows and the exchange of rings. Angus fell back on his fighter skills and decided to keep his mind in the game, just getting through the vows themselves. He handled the ring exchange as quietly as he could, and in a matter of a few minutes, Robert pronounced them man and wife. When Robert said he could kiss the bridge, Angus gave her a very traditional, respectable kiss. 

"Finally!" Edward said, pleased. 

"Congratulations," Robert said. 

"Thank you," Angus said. Robert got a different form out of his bag and laid it down in front of them.

"Registry form. Would you both please sign it for me?" Robert asked. Angus signed it and handed Ruby the pen. Then he handed Ruby the adoption forms for Amari. 

"And now, if you sign the adoption forms, that will add you as her mother," Robert told Ruby. "And this form here will apply for her Italian citizenship. And, then this other form here, will apply for your dual citizenship now that you're eligible to do that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:54 pm

Ruby smiled as Angus placed the ring on her finger as she did for him she was taken aback by the respectful kiss in front of Robert and Edward, but also she understood he was trying to control his emotions at that moment and she would probably get a better kiss later once hes relaxed.. Hearing the congratulations from Edward and Robert she smiled " Thank you, it was perfect." she looked at Angus smiling.

Once the signing was done she relaxed a little then saw the paper work for adoption of Amari Talking the pen again she signed with out hesitation still holding Amari in her arms " I'm just happy shes finally on paper ours" she said smiling down at Amari who blew a razzberry at them all " is that what you think Amari" she said smiling at how she looked at her at the sound of her new name.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 95 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top