A Birth day - Page 94
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 94 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 94 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 94 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:15 pm

Angus finished his casserole and he put it in the fridge so it could set overnight. The house started go quiet as the kids headed to the showers and then to their rooms. Edward took his leave and headed to spend what little was left of the evening with Simone.

Angus sat down, starting to ache. Between the cooking, the dueling, and the twister game, he had had enough. He was hurting. Marcus brought him a cup of tea with a dose of pain potion in it. 

"All that activity might not have been an approved part of your rehab," Marcus laughed. "Still, you did well."

"Thanks," Angus said, taking a sip of the tea. "Felt good to use it again."

"I'm sure it did. Just go easy with it. Let's not buggar it up again."

"It isn't on my agenda to do either," Angus said.

"So are you settled on whether you're changing Diamond's name or not?" Marcus asked.

"I don't think anyone wants her to be named Diamond, not after knowing the history of why Suzanne picked that name in the first place. Diamond is not Suzanne's consolation prize for losing custody of the boys. She deserves to know the truth about her parents, but she also deserves to know she's chosen and loved."

"So you're not going to hide her biological heritage from her?"

"No. I don't think it's wise to do that. I think adoptive parents that hide the fact that their child is not a biological child risk huge emotional damage to that child. I'd much prefer being honest with her from the outset. She's already going to grow up in family with multiple grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and siblings. She is going to understand how most kids have two grandfathers and two grandmothers and she has all kinds of them. There's no reason why she can't learn she has a biological set of parents and her chosen parents. She won't have any reason to be afraid of what people like Rita Skeeter might say to her because she'll know the truth right from the outset. It'll jsut be normal for her."

"You know, I have to say I think that might well be a good approach. Nothing hidden. She'll know exactly where her home is and who loves her. No surprises."

"Well, that's my thought. I mean, I don't know if that's actually proper parenting but it makes sense to me to make sure that she knows that if she wants to know what truth is and what's good and right, she doesn't need to look farther than home."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:22 pm

Ruby finished up in their room and headed down to grab a cup of coffee hearing Angus she smiled " I agree with that" she said moving to pour a cup " she needs to know here she came from, but that name need to go" she added " so whats the decision on the name , because I know you'll chose wisely you did for caprice." she said as she now walked back with two cups in her hand and handed one to Marcus." its was great today" she said smiling " just coffee" she said to him a she sat down.

Aria picked up a sleepy Dimond and took her up to change her into her PJ's then settled her into her cot beside Caprice who was still sleeping cuddled against the bunny Ginger hand given her. Once she was sure she was sleeping Aria headed back down . " their both sleeping soundly, plus no noise from the boys room ether." she said as Finn passe her and headed up to the nursery. She too grabbed a cup and sat down with Angus and Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:36 pm

"I don't know that I'm necessarily settled on any particular one but when Edward mentioned Amari because it means chosen and loved, the kids seemed to like that name. It isn't a typical British name, but she won't be able to say that she doesn't carry our love with her because its right in her name."

"Not to change the subject but what does Donohue mean, anyway?"

"It's Gaelic. It means dark warrior," Angus laughed. "Makes me sound like I should be Slytherin, doesn't it?"

"Well, you certainly are a warrior. It got that part right at least," Marcus grinned. "Its just as well we're mates, you know that?"

"Why?"

"I'd hate to have to go up against you on a continual basis," Marcus teased.

"Says the man who doesn't think twice about throwing himself at the likes of James Blood to protect a little bitty woman wearing six inch heels," Angus laughed.

"Depending on who you talk to, that doesn't make me brave. It just makes me mental," Marcus teased.

"Still, I'm glad you have my back. I appreciate it," Angus said.

"I do, and I will--always. You need help with a shower, as achy as you are? We could do your shower and I could give your hair a bit of a trim. You're getting shaggy."

"Can't you just..."

"I could, but that's another thing best done by hand. Come on. Bring your tea. We'll trim your hair first while you finish your tea, and then we'll do the shower." Marcus got up, and Angus just followed him, not questioning it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:42 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and nodded " I think that name is perfect for her. Amari." she said smiling as Aria nodded too that she liked it. When Marcus spoke of giving Angus a trim Ruby nodded " a bit of a tidy wouldn't hurt , might make you feel better" she added as she sipped her coffee and opened her book to read.

Aria looked at Marcus and smiled " while you do that I'll check the downstairs to make sure all locked up and let Finn out" she said placing down her cup and walking to the back door, as soon as she opened it he came running and dove out, Now Aria moved threw out the duplex closing windows but knowing Marcus will do his own walk around as he usually did to calm his own mind. Soon Finn came back in and headed up to his spot again and Aria closed and locked the back door and double checking it was locked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:03 am

Marcus helped Angus trim his hair and then helped him with a shower. He noticed Angus's shoulder was stiffening from the activity. He put a magic wrap on it to help take some of the stiffness out overnight. Angus bid him goodnight. Marcus made his own check of the house, always feeling better if he knew he had seen to his duties. Then he showered and headed to the bedroom.

He yawned and sat down on the bed. 

"I sure hope Edward knows what he's doing," he told Aria. "I don't doubt that Angus is devoted to Ruby, and I know he really is genuinely afraid of marriage. I think he and Ruby would be okay either way, and I do realize that in order for Ruby to get dual citizenship, he does have to marry her. I hope they're going about it in the right way. Just saying. I can't protect him from the panic he's going to feel tomorrow from having it just sort of landed on him. I'm sure he'll do the right thing but if she's hoping he's going to be overwhelmed with romantic feelings, she might need to let him get past the panic before he thinks about that. He's gonna be overwhelmed alright, but it might not be with romance." He gave her a bit of an amused smile.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:11 am

Aria was changed and sat up in bed waiting for him when he walked in and spoke to her as he changed she chuckled " oh I'm sure she'll be okay" she said then chuckled again as he spoke of Angus " might want to keep some fire whisky on hand for after " she said with a chuckle seeing his smile. She sighed and lay down with him " i'm sure they will both do well." she said resting her arm over his chest as she gave a soft yawn " well we'll see tomorrow"

Ruby lay in bed as she saw Angus with his magic wrap on his shoulder climb in next to her. " that magic wrap helping?" she asked as she lay down next to him with a soft smile on her face. " good night Angus" she said as she slowly fell asleep against him .

Aria woke next day and headed down to start the casserole cooking and make fresh pots for every one would they need it, she also made the lunches for the girls since they would be heading back to school and let Finn out to do what he needed while she set the table and grabbed a cup of coffee for herself.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:57 am

"Goodnight," he told Aria before dozing off.

"I wasn't going to put it on. Marcus put it on because he felt that perhaps it would take away some of the stiffness overnight," Angus yawned. "I hope Anise doesn't go to that match thinking she has to win. She's not used to competitions like this. As long as she does her best, win or lose, I'm going to be proud of her. I mean, she's only been working at magic and spellcasting for maybe a year and a half. Her competitors have been at it for six or seven years. She's worked damned hard at being able to not just to earn her rightful place in school but to keep it. They both have. Their mother would be so proud of the women they've become. It's a shame the pack isn't here. I'd have liked to have invited Dennis for supper, win or lose. I guess it'll have to wait until we can make some contact with him. If Sam is thinking, he'll take her out on a date to a really great restaurant or something."

He sighed and yawned. "Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Goodnight, Ru." He laid back and soon fell asleep. 

Marcus was up early, and he had purposely hijacked the basket of clean laundry and had taken it to his room because Angus's favorite jeans had been in the wash, and they were now clean. He took the jeans and one of Angus's clean white button downs and he put them, neatly folded, in the bathroom for Angus for when he woke up. He had no intention of putting out a suit or anything fancier to start Angus's day by rattling his cage before he got his eyes open. Marcus had thought ahead enough to have gotten the set of wedding rings that Angus had had especially made when he had had Ruby's engagement ring made. 

Angus had told Marcus where that little hidey hole was after one of Angus close shaves over the last couple of years. Angus did keenly know the gravity of his job and knew that in any mission there was always a chance that he might not come back. He had wanted someone to know that he had not intended to never marry Ruby. He did intend, someday, to do that, but his own deep seeded terror of it kept him from getting serious about it. It wasn't a little fear. It was a big fear that he himself didn't understand. He had tried, more than once, to bring himself to talk to Ruby, to just somehow take the plunge, but every time he had considered it, his own fear turned his stomach, caused his chest muscles to tighten until he wasn't sure he was going to be able to breathe at all. There wasn't one logical, rational thing about it

Last night, as Marcus had done his security check, he had taken it upon himself to pilfer a part of a bottle of one of the potions from Edward's store of them--a nerve potion. Marcus had poured some of it off in a smaller bottle and had noted the dosage very carefully so he knew how much was enough and not too much. Marcus was not entirely in favor of what Edward and Ruby had schemed up. He understood they believed it was for the greater good, and he wasn't going to interfere. He was, though, looking out for Angus. 

"Good morning," he told Aria as he poured a mug of coffee for himself. He filled Finn's bowls with food and fresh water and brought in the morning papers. Angus would be up soon. He took a sip of his own coffee. He glanced at the front page news in the Prophet. It was still calling for storms starting in mid morning today. And then, there was an item towards the bottom of the front page. A reporter from the Prophet had gotten ahold of the auror reports from Benjamin's and Eileen's deaths, and the reported corroborated Robert's story from yesterday, that Edward had indeed killed them both in self defense when Benjamin and Eileen were in werewolf form. The reporter had made a firm call for honesty in journalism and had called for an end to the lies that the Quibbler put out and marketed as news. Marcus handed the paper to Aria.

"Seems that one of the Prophet's reporters saw fit to double check and find out who was telling the truth yesterday, Robert or Rita. Interesting read. He would like to see Rita shut up. So would we all, as a matter of fact," Marcus told Aria. "Angus is surely awake by now. I need to take him some coffee. Oh, he said there is some fruit salad in the fridge that he thought we could serve with the casserole and he was going to put a couple sheet pans of toast in the oven. Or at least that's what he told me."

He poured a mug of coffee for Angus and headed upstairs. He stopped outside the bedroom door and swirled a dose of Edward's nerve potion into Angus's coffee, hoping it would help to hold him together. He was also hoping that Angus would forgive him for not outing the whole scheme to him in advance.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:18 pm

Aria saw Marcus was up and walking around " Morning" she said as she heated up the casserole as he spoke of fruit salad and a sheet of toast she nodded " I'll get on that " she said then looked at the paper " at least there's one decent journalist out there who posts the truth" she said watching as he filled Finns bowl who came running from out side to eat. Aria pulled the fruit salad from the fridge and placed it on the side board then placed several pieces of bread on a sheet pan and put them under the grill to toast.

Ruby woke and smiled seeing Angus still sleeping, slipping from the bed she headed down to the kitchen " Morning" she said as she took a cherry from the fruit salad " hum nice fruit salad" she said then looked to Marcus. She saw the paper and chuckled " finally , now they will shut up about it" she said folding it and placing it on the couch as she pored a cup of coffee and sat down. She looked up at Marcus " still okay for the meeting?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:11 pm

"'Morning. I don't have any more information on that than you do," Marcus told Ruby. "If I hear anything, though, I'll let you know. I'll be back. I'm going to take him his coffee." 

He headed upstairs, still questioning within himself if he should foul up Edward's and Ruby's plan entirely and tell Angus. On one hand, he knew he was just the bodyguard. On the other hand, though, he was Angus's best mate, and what they were doing was underhanded and it felt dirty to Marcus. He had already made up his own mind that Aria better never decide she would try to rope and tie him into marriage like that because, Marcus decided, he wasn't having it. To Marcus, marriage was far too important a decision to play games about. For the moment, Marcus had lost a wee bit of respect not only for Edward but for Ruby too. 

He got Angus' clothes from the bathroom and brought them in, along with Angus's coffee. Angus was just getting his eyes open.

"Here," Marcus said, handing him the coffee cup. "A little fuel to start your morning."

"Thanks," Angus said sleepily. Marcus went over and opened the curtains, letting sunshine stream across the bed. "What's the sky look like?"

"You're the mariner. You tell me. My money says sea storm will be moving ashore from the northwest, and probably just about when the paper says it will," Marcus said.

"From the northwest?"

"Yeah. Sky is looking dark that way but it looks like its still a long way off."

"Then the girls won't have trouble getting to Evan's."

"Shouldn't, no," Marcus said. "I hope Evan can get them westward to Beauxbatons in good time before the storm sets in."

"I'm sure he will," Angus said. "And if it gets dicey to go get them at the end of the school day, I'm sure Carlo will go instead of Evan. Carlo is good about know how to do safe porting in poor weather."

"Good to know. I'll try to remember that," Marcus said. "Your jeans and your white shirt okay?"

"Sure. It's not like I'm going anywhere, not that I know of," Angus yawned, sipping on his coffee. Marcus took the magic wrap off Angus's shoulder. 

"Looks better. It's not swollen this morning. You just pushed your limits a bit yesterday."

"Yeah, but I felt better doing it," Angus said. Marcus helped him dress and freshen up and shave, telling him about the article in the Daily Prophet, defending Angus's position that he had not had anything to do with his father's death. "That might be the first time they defended me," Angus said.

"Well, there's a first for everything," Marcus laughed, straightening up the bedroom and casting a spell to make the bed.

"I'm tired today for some reason," Angus said. 

"Well, take things at your own speed, then. No reason to push," Marcus said, knowing it was the nerve potion he'd slipped into Angus' coffee starting to set in. Angus headed downstairs, and Marcus followed. "Give me your cup, and I'll warm it up for you."

"Nothing left in the cup to warm up. It just needs refilled," Angus said as the girls came upstairs and Sam and Victor came down. The girls were in their blue Beauxbatons' skirts and jackets with the darker blue piping. 

"I'll get it," Marcus replied. 

"There's my girls," Angus smiled. "You good with this competition today, Anise?"

"Got it in the bag," she grinned. "I can do this."

"You certainly can. Keep your mind on the game, and you'll be fine," he told her. She nodded. Marcus refilled Angus's coffee, and Sam stepped in behind Marcus and poured coffee for the girls and for Victor and himself and floated it to them. 

"Is the weather going to hold long enough for us to get them to Evan's?" Sam asked Angus.

"Yes. You'll be fine," Angus told him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:26 pm

Ruby looked at Marcus and heard his words and nodded " thank you, for everything" she said to him hoping he'd understand that this wasn't what she wanted but what she felt would make Angus comfortable and for the security of the family. She watched him leave and Aria looked up smiling to him.

Aria was happy as she was marriage was not even in her thoughts she was just glad to have a man who respected her for who she was and her skills, besides she'd only been with Marcus a short time and learned that with his other marriages going as they had both of them were just happy staying this way, but she understood why Edward and Ruby were doing what they were this morning.v " fruits salads great" Aria said and took a bowl of some and sat down to eat with her coffee. Ruby heard the girls and sighed heading up to get them dressed so they too could eat breakfast. Returning she had both on her hips giggling lightly bounced as she walked to the play pen.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 94 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top