A Birth day - Page 90
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 90 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 90 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 90 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:57 am

"If things go the way I think they'll go," Edward told Ruby, "you probably will have to give the issue more thought eventually, Ruby. I think that's what the boys, in their own quick witted way, are alluding to, and in this case, they're right. Someday, when I am no longer here, Angus will be Lord of the manor, in terms of the Donohue estate and all its assets and businesses. While it doesn't come with an official title as such, some of the Italian assets do require Italian citizenship. You may well find you need to consider a dual citizenship or Angus will have to make plans in his will to divest some of the assets because you won't be eligible to inherit some of them from him in the unfortunate event of his demise. Just so you know. You might want to someday consider that more carefully. Dual citizenship would give you, theoretically, all the keys to the kingdom, providing you were named as his life partner."

"Except if she bumps me off," Angus teased. 

"This does not sound like dessert conversation, though," Simone said.

"Well, since we're not at dessert, better before dessert than actually during dessert," Marcus laughed. "Just think of it, Ruby. Someday you very well could be the lady of the house to the Donohue fortune."

"Suzanne will turn completely green from head to toe with envy that you made it and she didn't," Victor told her. "Serves the old bat right, if you ask me."

Angus wasn't going to comment on Suzanne, but at that moment, Diamond decided she was bored with pasta, and she started to lob it at anyone in range.

"Again?" Sam sighed. "Really?"

"Not for long," Angus said. He took Diamond from her chair, washed her face and hands and put her in the playpen, out of the range of food. Now, unhappy, Diamond started to tantrum that she couldn't play with the food anymore. Angus just ignored her. 

"Well, now you just pissed her off," Victor said.

"Yes, because she doesn't have any more food to throw. but she will eventually learn that when she throws food, her meal is over. When she gets hungry enough, she'll learn to not throw her food." Angus began clearing the table so they could serve dessert and coffee.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:11 am

Ruby sat and listened to Edward and Angus talk of duel citizenship and that she needed to give it some thought about it " I'll defiantly give it some thought, but its not as if anything will change between Angus and I, and yes life partners , but whats his is his and we share things together, and I'm defiantly not with him for his money" she said then chuckled as Angus said if she bumped him off.

It was now she heard Dimond start to throw a tantrum along with her food , Aria and Ruby watched as Angus picked her up cleaned her up and placed her in her playpen this only made her throw more of a tantrum but Ruby let him put her in it and walk back " she has to learn she can't throw food , food is for eating she does hat she get nothing" she said. Aria watched and nodded at Angus actions.

"constancy " she said simply " its a learning curve for her, she continues her behaviour she gets nothing" Aria said chuckling as she pored a cup of coffee and a piece of Angus cake "cakes good angus."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:33 am

"Ruby," Edward said, motioning to her, "let's have a word, just you and me. Come with me for just one moment." He went outside to the garden and sat down on one of the benches and began to fill his pipe with tobacco. 

"Sit," he said when she joined him. "This conversation is not for anyone else to hear, especially not children. "Nobody questions what your motivations are for being with Angus, just like we don't question Angus's motives, likewise, for being with you. That isn't something you should feel like you need to defend. So you know, though, the money thing is going to keep raising its head from time to time because the money thing is going to be a big thing in Angus's life. 

"Here's why. My father was an ambassador living and working in Italy, and because I was the youngest of five, when he died, I received some money but not a mammoth amount. Still, between my work as a slayer and also my ability to grow some great grapes and make some decent wine, I was able to start squirreling away a nest egg and reinvest that money. Over the years, that has proven to grow to quite a sum. Even if Angus makes no new investments and can just hold steady the businesses that we have, he'll be considerably wealthy. He's considerably wealthy already as it is.

"Now, let's be realistic about this. Angus hasn't been stupid either with the money Robert has paid him, which is considerable. I know exactly how much he's worth. And I know how much he inherited from Benjamin and Eileen, and now how much more is going to be sitting in his accounts, at least temporarily because of Reginald's money and the screwy way Reginald wrote his will to try to keep your mom out of it. I expect Angus is going to divide that pot six or seven ways--for you, Jessie, the boys, Diamond, and perhaps Cris, and maybe even a small cut for himself. Regardless, if we add that cash in, plus the money he should continue to earn as he works for Robert, he has considerable wealth of his own. The Daily Prophet was correct about that.

"You need to know that, yes, I had six children, including Angus' father. None of them are going to inherit more than token sums from me, and that isn't any secret. They already know that, and they know exactly why. I have left some inheritance to Evan and Tyler because they run the family businesses, and I've left a sum to Simone so she will be well taken care of. I've also asked Angus if he will make sure that she is always provided for and cared for, and he, of course, agreed to do that. That's just who he is. That all seems fair to me. 

"However, doing the very simple barebones math means that when I pass, when Angus adds the Donohue family assets to his own, Angus stands in line to probably become, at least for a time, nigh onto the richest man in the wizarding world. He hasn't asked for that, but he is also very aware of the responsibility and the pressure that comes with that. In a way, he's trained for that all his life. It isn't something you trained for, though, and he and I both know that. 

"In their own way, the boys stumbled onto something that very well might be an absolute necessity for you. You will, very likely, share in that wealth by virtue of being his partner. At some point, you're going to need to start learning how to manage massive sums of money and how to run organizations the size of ours, even if you never actually run it. If it came to it you could hire people to run the businesses but you'd bloody well better know how to do it yourself so you see what they're doing, or they'll easily rob you blind. 

"Angus would love to protect you from having to step into the responsibilities of big money, but I'm a realist. You could end up having a significant role, so you'd better consider learning how to do what he does in case you have to help him or do more than that. And, as the boys rightly said, you very well might need to have dual citizenship. Don't count it out. 

"Oh, and one more thing. the more money you have, the more you're going to need people like Marcus and Aria around because the richer you are, the more people want what you have. You might well need Marcus and Aria or people like them to watch your back. Very likely, as much as you love this little duplex and the fairly quiet life you have for now, someday you'll need to live a good portion of your time in Tuscany on the estate. Just so you know, I know Angus knows that's coming someday, but he's not wanting to think about it right now either. So you're not alone in that.

"So, it boils down to this. Nobody questions why you're with him. We all know that. However, I think its time you started to learn what your life very well could be like, a couple decades from now, as Mrs. Donohue, because, at least half of the time, I think it could be very different from what you have right now, and you need to prepare for that. Take some classes or read. Or go and spend a little time at the winery. Learn about the grapes, the wine making process, the bottling, the shipping, the finances. Do the same for the charter business. Talk to Tyler and Evan and Tara. Learn how the family makes and manages the money but keep your eyes open. There's a reason why Angus will be in charge and the rest of the family will not. Ruby, what happens someday if he's worth all that money and he's sidelined by some very serious injury? In the work that he loves, that could happen. And if he's not able to tend to the business, all of that empire could rest on your shoulders while he recovers. You'd better be ready and hope it never happens, rather than to not be ready and be gobsmacked with it. Fair enough?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:34 pm

Ruby heard Edward and followed him out side siting on a bench as he spoke to her. She sat and she listened to him talking and sighed " I understand, you want me to be prepared in case of that eventuality" she said and looked at him She paused and thought deeply abut his words then came to a decision " okay , duel citizenship I decided I'll do, it makes sense to do it , like you said with Angus having his business in both countries, and as for learning about the day to day running , it would give me a better understanding of his thinking and how to keep things flowing should the worst , and I say this lightly , anything serious happen to him to , I just didn't realize how big an empire he had until now" she said

Sitting back on the bench she looked at Edward " and yeah, keeping Aria and Marcus on staff is a good idea more so because Marcus is Angus closet friend and Aria is like by best friend and helps with the babies. " she looked at Edward " I do hope you'll be around for a lot more years to help and point out when I'm being ditzy." she said with a smile " and I'm glad every one knows I'm not with him for his money, i have my own inheritance from my parents and I agree with splitting any other money for the kids" she sighed and looked back at Edward then out over the garden " I've come from nothing, not even a family to having the best family a person could ask for and a man I'm madly in love with whose kind caring and forgive me for saying damn he sexy" she chuckled " its kinda making my head spin but I will learn about the Business's , but just in case, for now Angus runs them" she looked at him hoping he understood she would not want to take anything away from Angus. " I'll even sign a prenup, that will say that I won't take anything but what I came with or inherited should anything happen and we divorce, not that would ever happen." now she was rambling and she paused and took a long slow deep breath in then let it out slowly making her thinking slow down.

After a moment she looked at her hands and then to Edward " thank you for being honest and telling me all that" she said with a smile. " I'll need to work out how to apply for duel citizenship for myself and caprice, I think Dimond already has it being born a gelding" she added.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:59 pm

"Well, he doesn't have a big empire yet. I still have it, but someday, I will hand it over to him, whether I do it while I'm alive or not. And then, he'll have a lot more to deal with." When she mentioned a prenup agreement. "I don't know that I see him doing a prenup agreement, but I can well see some attorney wanting it while the accounts and businesses are being transferred from my name to his. And after that happens, he'll definitely have more worth then." He listened to her talking about the dual citizenship. 

"Well, as for Diamond, I believe Angus found out that Diamond has a dual citizenship with England and France. However, she might need triple citizenship. She might need to add Italy to that if she spends much time in Italy with you. Now, as for your dual citizenship with Italy, the wizarding laws are different than muggle laws. If you do not have an Italian heritage, and I don't believe you do, Angus needs to have it, which he does. And then you'll need to be married to Angus to apply for it. Caprice can get it now if you choose because Angus has it. Since he already has it, he can apply for her.

"I do realize that getting Angus off his bum to do the marriage thing is a horse of a different color, but you do know that has never been about you, right? That's entirely not the issue. Angus has gotten past a lot of anxiety that he initially had about making a commitment to you. If he still had any anxiety, he would not have given you his grandmother's ring. That's something that I know he never even considered before he gave it to you, so that speaks volumes to me.

"If you ask me, I honestly think his big hesitation is that he really intensely hates having the attention put on him. It isn't anything he's said. I just know the boy. He is extremely uncomfortable being the center of attention for any reason. Now, if you two were going to do a civil ceremony, I don't have one bit of doubt that he'd have done it already, but he knows you want the big formal lacey wedding with all the formality to it. And what you want is important to him, but that sort of ceremony scares him to death. I think he does wrestle with it, trying to summon up his courage. Go figure, right? I mean, he'll battle a whole platoon of werewolves, but do a formal wedding? In his mind, that's worth being truly terrified of." Edward laughed at the humor in it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:08 pm

Ruby listened to Edward and nodded when he said she didn't have Italian roots " nope I don't" she said then nodded when he said Angus could apply for duel citizenship for Caprice " that would be perfect" she said then she listened quietly as Edward spoke of why Angus was holding off with a wedding and she chuckled " I understand , but if a small wedding is what he feels comfortable with, then that's fine with me , just the immediate family will do, I don't need a large one, never have." she said smiling to Edward as she looked at the ring Angus had given her . " simple white dress on the lawn by the pond will do, as long as he is waiting for me I'm good with that" she aid with a smile

She chuckled when he said that Angus was terrified of formal weddings " oh I'll have to let the girls know about that one for when their time comes" she said and chuckled with Edward " but in all seriousness , I don't want a big wedding, simple is best for me, always has been" she said "a civil ceremony sounds just as nice and I will look into the business and look at how and who they are run by, with your help " she smiled at Edward " oh and you have to walk me down the isle." she added " be it in a suit or tux or even birthday suit " she said with a chuckle
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:28 pm

"For muggles, a civil ceremony takes place at the register office. For us, it takes place usually at the ministry office, but you have a clear advantage living on the same property as the Deputy Minister. He actually is empowered to do legal wizarding marriages. Knowing that damned big briefcase he carries, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't at least one set of paperwork in that thing somewhere for a civil ceremony. After all, I do know that sometimes when people are facing dire medical circumstances, they get horrendously sentimental and want to get married. So I'm certain he's been pressed into making that happen at St. Mungos and on more than one occasion. If I'm not mistaken the cost for us is under a hundred galleons, and I know Angus has far more than that squirreled away in his bookcase. 

"If you want my honest opinion, and I realize you haven't asked for it, get him to agree to a a private conversation with Robert to get the job done. Then, i think perhaps seeing if Zoe and Nicky would agree to doing some sort of a cookout for everyone in the back yard. You know, either cheeseburgers and hot dogs, or barbequed chicken. That sort of thing, where people can come as they are, kick off their shoes, tuck in for good summer food and some beer. Impromptu, without people feeling they need to bring gifts. Now, if you want to make sure everyone has a good time, instead of a band and dancing, you could do some summer back yard activities, like swimming in the big pool or play volleyball or cornhole or those sorts of things. Just let everyone have a low key, no fuss, great time. But that's just my humble opinion."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:04 pm

Ruby listened to Edward and smiled " you think he would go for that?" she asked than chuckled at Edwards description of the reception after " I actually like that idea , but how o I persuade Angus to talk to Robert about it when as you said hes scared of the formal stuff?" she asked as she sat looking at him " should I talk to Robert first then ask him to talk to Angus to ilvaite his fears?" she asked wanting to know just how to go about it " I know its not all going to happen in one or two nights so I know it all takes time." Glancing into the duplex she gently smiled " I love that man with all my heart and am not going any where no matter what happens" she smiled seeing him laugh at something one of the kids had said to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:37 pm

"Well, I don't know that there is a way to alleviate his fears altogether," Edward said. "I suppose I could stack the deck a little, although he will be a tad irked with me, I think. Still, I think he could use perhaps the tiniest shove from time to time. Perhaps I could help make it look like a far more spur of the moment thing than it might really be. We can fess up afterwards, I suppose. Do you mind it looking like it's a spur of the moment matter? I think I might be able to arrange that, perhaps."

"Are you two coming for Angus's cake?" Simone called.

"I'll see what I can do, Ruby," Edward said. "For now, let's go have some of the orange cake and some Italian roast coffee, shall we? That will give me some time to think. Come on." He got up and headed inside. Simone was cutting the cake and handing out generous slices with a scoop of vanilla gelato that she and Edward had brought back from Italy. Ginger was pouring coffee and delivering the coffee around to everyone. Angus wasn't to be seen, though.

"Where's Angus?" Edward asked.

"Caprice was getting cranky upstairs," Simone said. "Angus took up a bit of the rice pudding I had in my fridge for her, and evidently it must have done the trick because she quieted right down for him. I expect that if he gets her to sleep, he'll be down shortly."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:42 pm

Ruby listened to Edward and shook her head " I don't have a problem with that at all" she said smiling to him just as Simone popped her head out the door and asked if they were coming in for cake " oh forgot about the orange cake" she said and chuckled as she listened to him once again " thank you Edward, for the talk and everything" she said standing she gave him a small peck on his cheek.

"Now shall we get some cake before its all gone" she chuckled but hearing Simone talk of Angus taking some rise pudding up to Caprice she smiled again, " unless he falls asleep next to her" she said " but idf he dose , he needed the sleep" she said taking a piece for herself.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 90 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top