A Birth day - Page 89
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 89 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 89 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 89 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:56 pm

"Anybody home?" a voice called. Angus looked around to see Evan coming in. He checked his watch. It was past time for them to go get the girls.

"Oh, Evan, I am so sorry," Angus said. "The time got away from me entirely."

"Thanks, Evan," the girls said, heading downstairs to take their books downstairs and change out of their uniforms. 

"Not a problem in the least," Evan smiled. "I smell bolognese. God, that smells good. Is that your recipe, Edward?"

"It is," Edward said. Evan got a spoon out of the drawer, and took a taste. 

"God, that's good," Evan said with a smile. "That's the way sauce should taste."

"I"m afraid most chefs would disagree with you," Edward laughed.

"What do they know?" Simone frowned. "Anybody can cook for strangers. The real contest is in cooking for family. They're the biggest critics. So what exactly did the babies eat?"

"A purple crayon, and I think it was just one baby," Edward said. "Either that or the other one can digest crayons."

"We didn't have that particular issue," Evan said. "But Faith did eat her mother's dark red lipstick, and when Tara saw all that dark red everywhere, she panicked thinking Faith was having a medical emergency. Rushed her to a healer only to find out it was lipstick."

"I remember that," Edward said. "Called me home from a hunt in Romania, telling me Faith was dying, and so I rush home only for them to tell me she ate a lipstick. Still, I was elated to find out they were wrong."

"That would have scare the life out of me," Simone said.

"Yes, well, with 21 grandkids and 67 great grandkids, you learn to slow down and check your facts before you panic," Edward told her, "because it pays to not take anything for granted. Shall I dish you up some sauce to take home to your family, Evan?"

"Can you? Is there enough?" Evan asked.

"Plenty," Edward said. He got out a bowl, put sauce in it, covered it and then put a spill proof spell on the bowl so the sauce wouldn't spill during Evan porting home.

"Thanks," Evan grinned. "There are definitely going to be happy people at my supper table tonight. I'd better get home. Girls, if you need me in the morning to come and get you, just yell."

"We will. Thanks," the girls said. Evan ported home with his bowl of pasta sauce.

Angus finished the scrubbing that needed to be done where he was. 

"I'm sure there has to be a mess upstairs," he told Ruby. "I'll go change my water and head upstairs."

"I think I'll run over to the main building and see if Jess or Robert are there and can tend her so she doesn't puke for hours," Marcus said. "I'll change the water in my bucket when I get back." He got up and went to the main house, hoping that he might find Jess or Robert at home. He figured the odds of finding Jess, knowing Robert's hours, were probably greater than finding Robert at this time of day.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:03 pm

Aria cleaned up Caprice then let her sit in the bath for a little bit while she watched her , Caprice did throw up twice while in it but because she was already in water Aria just changed the water placing her back into it. Jess was sitting in the library when she felt Marcus arrive placing down her book she walked up to the living room " evening Marcus, everything okay with the babies?" she asked smiling to him as she placed her book on the small table next to her.

Aria hoped what ever she had eaten wouldn't last much longer as the poor girl was hiccupping with tears from throwing up. Taking her out of the bath she wrapped her into a warm towel and sat rocking her gently.

Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:16 pm

"Well, it's just typical kid stuff, but one of the babies ate a purple crayon and is doing nonstop hurling. Would you mind checking on her, please? I know it isn't life threatening, but I'm sure she'd appreciate feeling a little better," Marcus told Jess. "And I know her parents will soon get tired of scrubbing and disinfecting everything. When I left, Angus and Ruby were both on their hands and knees scrubbing."

Angus had changed the water in his bucket for clean scrub water, and he was just going to head upstairs when his shoulder gave out, and the bucket slipped from his grasp. Hot soapy water splashed down the stairs, and the bucket rolled down the steps with a loud clatter. Angus was aching and frustrated. It wasn't at all like him to be clumsy. He sat down on the steps, looking at the new mess.

"That, my boy," Edward looked up at him, "was your shoulder saying it's not going to do one more minute of overdoing it."

"Shit," Angus sighed. He stood up and was going to come down, and Edward called to him.

"Stop right there. Those steps are now covered in water and soap. They're going to be like ice. Do not even try them. Give me a minute." Edward flicked his wand at the steps, casting a clean up spell. He picked up the bucket and went to put fresh water and soap in it. When he returned, the steps were clean and dry. Edward took the bucket up to Angus. "Use your right hand, not the left, Lad." 

"Sorry," Angus said quietly. "It's not like me."

"Well, you do normally try to behave, but sometimes life does get in the way," Edward smiled. "Parenthood. You've only got another seventeen years of this."

"Shut up."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:26 pm

Jess listened to Marcus and smiled " of course " she said accioing her bag as she followed him back to the duplex. Watching what had just happened with Angus she waited for Edward to clean up " Marcus came and got me, I'll sort Caprice out" she said following Angus up but heading to the bathroom.

"Jess thank goodness she's been throwing up , I think shes got nothing in her stomach now ." Aria said letting Jess who smiled at Caprice take a look at her . Jess reached into her bag and took out a lolly pop , taking off the cover she handed it to Caprice then looked at Aria.

"its an anti nausea medicine designed for little kids" she told her as she watched Caprice take it and begin to suck on it " it should work to settle her stomach and flush out what ever she ate in the right direction" she added then placed her hand on Caprices forehead " its working I can feel her stomach settle she does have a bit of da temperature though" Jess checked Caprice over and found nothing wrong with her " must just be from the throwing up, let her rest for today and she should be okay to eat something soft and light in the morning."

Aria smiled and nodded as Caprice started to seem like she was falling asleep in her arms .

Jess stood up and saw the cot and Angus cleaning it. Walking to the nursery she chuckled " she'll be okay, I gave her something to settle her stomach, its one of Roberts formula's gentel on the stomach and a very light dose, so she will sleep for tonight , its in lolly pop form we give it to the kids at the hospital too" she told him then chuckled as she heard Edward and Angus banter . " not as bad as you think , this is the terrible twos, doesn't last long trust me" she chuckled
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:41 pm

"Thanks, Jess," Angus said, listening to her. "Terrible twos? Already? Well, since they just both turned one, I don't think I want to know what's in store when they actually do turn two. I remember those lolly pops. We used them once for Abbey when she had some sort of stomach bug. The first ones  Robert made were apple because he used apple juice as the base for the lolly. So he tried with her the apple one with her, and she absolutely hated it. She hurled it as far as she could manage. he had to reformulate it for her into a strawberry flavor before she would take it. I seem to remember him telling me he's been making the strawberry ones and a couple other flavors since. Anyway, I'm glad you were able to see her. I really do appreciate it."

"Don't tell her you've been carting that bucket of water around," Edward called, deliberately outing Angus to Jess. "That five gallon bucket weights over 40 pounds you know. Certainly over your 10 pound weight limit."

"Shut up, Edward. Don't you have pasta to boil or something?" Angus called back. He looked at Jess. "Sometimes Dad duty supercedes Robert's instructions. You're welcome to stay for supper. It's Edward's own bolognese recipe."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:53 pm

Jess chuckled and then laughed at his words " don't worry, and yes those are the ones , he ahs them on orange and strawberry , still has the apple but yeah there not kid friendly" she said hearing Edward she looked to Angus placing her hand gently on his shoulder she chuckled " well there's no damage" she said smiling to him " and yeah sometimes you know whats best" she said chuckling at Edward and Angus banter. " thank you but I have to get back to the main house, smells good though" she said and chuckled.

Aria changed Caprice and carried her to the nursery now Caprice was now sleeping on her shoulder. Seeing the cot cleaned and with clean sheets she lay Caprice down and threw the stick of the lolly away. Covering her over she stepped back. Jess stepped over to the cot and smiled nodding.

"she'll be find in the morning" she said " now I should head back, sauce smells great but I have Nicks dinner is waiting. oh and Edward be nice" she said and chuckled as he passed by him and headed back to the main house. Ruby placed Dimond in the now clean playpen to play for a while.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:03 am

"Thanks, Jess," Edward said. As she left, Sam and Victor arrived, and Edward sent them to go wash up for supper. Angus finished the rest of his scrubbing and took the bucket downstairs, emptied the water and put the bucket away.

"Come fix your pasta bowls, Everyone," Simone called. She had set out separate bowls for the Caesar salad, plates for the garlic bread, and a pitcher of Lemonade for those who wanted that. Edward had opened a large bottle of Merlot for those who preferred wine with supper. 

Marcus filled his pasta bowl, filled a salad bowl with some Caesar salad, and got a slice of warm garlic bread. Then he filled his glass with wine and took a place at the table. Angus did the same and took a place at the table. The girls and Sam and Victor all four followed suit. Simone fixed portions for both her and Edward as Edward wiped the stove and the counter clean to cut down on the clean up time after supper. 

"Come and eat, Edward," Angus called. "We'll get to the clean up later."

"I'm just wiping up the counter. I'll be there in a moment," Edward said.

"I've got your pasta bowl fixed. Just come and eat," Simone told Edward.

"Thank you, Dear," Edward said.

"This is great," Sam said. "I love Italian food."

"Me too," Victor said, delighted with pasta and sauce. "I am so in the right family now. I can have Italian whenever I want it now."

"Oh, so that's what you wanted," Angus teased. The boys laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:09 am

Ruby chuckled as she went and fixed a plate for herself and a bowl for Dimond making sure it was cool enough that she could eat it . " hey guys how was work?" ruby asked but then chuckled as Angus said that was all the boys needed was Italian food . " it is good " she said eating some pasta with sauce over it.

Aria walked down once she was sure Caprice was settled into a deep sleep. Now quiet she headed down to grab a plate of the pasta and sat at the table to eat " oh true Italian pasta is heaven." Aria said as she ate the bolognaise Edward had made for every one.

Once she was done she placed her plate in the sink and checked on Dimond who was holding the bowl and licking it smiling with the sauce around her mouth " seems you got the Dimond seal of approval" she said chuckling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:29 am

"I'm glad you all like it, but I'm waiting on Angus's cake," Edward said.

"Angus made cake?" Sam asked, keenly interested.

"He made a Sicilian Orange Cake," Edward said. "Wait til you see it. It's a work of art."

"It isn't art. It just cake," Angus laughed.

"Yes, but I took a peek. its beautiful," Simone said. "It looks like a lovely orange cake, and he's got paper thin slices of candied orange on the top, and then he's got a beautiful orange sugar glaze on the top of that, making the oranges brilliantly shiny and delicious looking."

"I'm going to brew some Italian roast coffee to have with it," Edward said. 

"Count us in," Victor said. 

"On the cake or the coffee?" Edward asked.

"Both," Sam said.

"So, we were discussing something today, and we couldn't decide," Victor said. "Angus, are you British or are you Italian? I mean, you live here but you grew up in Italy. So what are you?"

"Both," Angus replied.

"Huh?" Sam frowned.

"Angus and I hold dual citizenship in Italy and England," Edward explained. "So does Evan and Tara and Faith and Evie. Simone has applied to Italy for her dual citizenship."

"You can be a citizen of two places at once?" Sam asked.

"Or more, actually," Angus nodded. 

"So does Caprice hold dual citizenship?"

"She doesn't, but she's eligible for it. Diamond technically holds dual citizenship already in France and England because Tom applied for it for her. I'm not sure how that changes now that the legal custody is changing. I guess we'll find out," Angus said.

"So why don't we?" 

"Because I didnt think of applying for it for you before you turned eighteen, but I suppose you could probably still get it. Why do you want it?"

"Because we dont have it," Sam answered honestly.

"Sam, there are a lot of things you don't have. It doesn't mean you need to want it just because you don't have it," Angus told him.

"You should study out what it means and what the pros and cons are of it before you decide to apply for it."

"You should apply for it," Sam told Ruby.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:39 am

Ruby listened to Edward talk of the orange cake and smiled remembering when he had made it before " oh its superb" she said to Sam and victor. She sat and listened to the boy talk of duel citizenship and smiled when she heard Angus talk to the boys about just because some one has it doesn't mean they need it too. Ruby heard Sam ask why she didn't apply for it and she hook her head . " I'm good with what I have" she said " I was born here and lived here, I admire those who have duel nationality's but I'm good being what I am" she smiled to them " oh I'll have coffee and some of Angus cake too" she said.

Aria listened and smiled as they spoke of duel nationality she nodded " some times having it isn't as fun as it seems " she said " I don't have duel citizenship and like Ruby am happy just being in one place." she smiled to them all.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 89 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top