A Birth day - Page 59
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 59 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 59 of 100 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 79 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 59 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 16, 2024 10:01 pm

"Of course he has," Robert said, wanting them to just give him a bloody minute before they started leaping onto the next thing. "I'm surprised he waited this long. One thing about the lot of you, you're always trying to be one step ahead of me, so since I've been out for a wee bit, you lot need to slow your roll way down for half a tick so I can assess if Angus and Marcus are the only two team members unaccounted for or if there's anyone else missing. And since we're up to our eyeballs in kids that need medical attention, I can't afford to send the wrong people out. So just give me a moment, if you please." 

He shouted for a messenger and requested an immediate status report on all agents and their whereabouts and their statuses. While they were doing that, he unlocked a glass cabinet, and he began to mix some sort of concoction with meticulous precision. As he worked, he spoke calmly and steadily.

"I don't know if I dare send you, Aria, in all honesty. You are more than a little emotionally involved, although, I do appreciate that you've managed to keep your head in the game despite this development. Jack, I know I probably need to send you because if Angus gets any more fatigued than he is now, he'll need your strength to get home. However,..." he looked straight at Jack, "I would not be doing my due diligence if I did not remind you that right now, while Angus is this damned weak and tired and also this determined to find Marcus, if you try to get too strongarmed with him, he's liable to eat you for breakfast. Go easy. Work with him, not against him. Truth be told, I'd like to send Anise. She's quick, she's not been out tonight, so she's got a lot of fresh energy that should be useful And, most importantly, she's a seer that has a strong relationship to Angus. That might help you find him, and, who knows, it might help you find Marcus too. 

"The other reason I'm not leaping to send you out right this minute is that I am not mindlessly tinkering in potion bottles. This has a purpose." He stirred the mixture he had in a beaker and cast a wandless spell at it, causing the mixture to give him a little quiet poofing noise and then the air was filled with the invigorating smell of citrus fruit. "Lovely. Perfect," he said. He poured the mixture into a potion bottle and capped it, and labeled the bottle. 

"This is a very temporary energy potion," he said to Jack. "It will perhaps boost Angus's energy for a very short time and help him either keep going for a wee bit or help you get him back here. And I do mean temporary. As in, maybe for 30 minutes to 45 minutes. It is absolutely not intended for anyone to use dose after dose, after dose to keep going for hours. I don't want him using more than 2 or 3 doses of this as the most. It will never replace real rest. Again, though, you need to work with him and not against him. Go get Anise and ask her to go with you. Aria, you need to tell me whether or not you can stay professional and keep your head if I let you go, because if we find him, we don't know what we'll find."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23549
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 16, 2024 10:12 pm

Jack and the others listened to Robert Aria stepped back for a moment and listened as he explained to Jack what he wanted as he looked at her she nodded when he asked if she could remain professional. " one thing Marcus has taught me, stay calm in high stress situations because you might miss something important. " she said to Robert calmly. Ruby had gone and found Anise in the kitchen still.

Anise Robert need you" she said and walked with her back to the office " I brought Anise" she said as Jack nodded to her.

" First mission and your with me, we're looking for Angus and are going to help him " he said looking to Robert so he could fill her in on what he wanted her to do while they were out
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5079

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 16, 2024 10:26 pm

Anise followed Ruby into the office, and she just listened.

"Anise," Robert said, "understand that you're going because you're trained, you're capable, and you know Angus. You're a quick fighter..."

"And I'm a seer with a link to my dad," she said.

"Yes," Robert said, 'but your seers' abilities do not always work on demand. Do not let yourself feel pressured. We know Angus is working to find Marcus. We're hoping that if you both can find Angus, you might all be able to work together to find Marcus. Just do your best. That's all any of us can ask."

"Understood," Anise said. "Angus is very near water. Right now that's about all I know." Robert went to the map and studied it.

"Jack, I'd try here first," he said. "Here's the warehouse, and its about a block and a half from the Seine. I'd start at the warehouse and go as straight east for that block and a half right to the waterfront. Then I'd go north and south right along the river."

"Follow the tide," Edward said. "You need to think like Angus is thinking if you want to find him."

"The Seine flows northwesterly," Robert said.

"So don't freaking go south or east," Edward said. "If you don't see him, you need to split up, one on each side of the river and just walk it in the same direction as the tide until you find him. That's the way he'll go."

"Because he'll figure that there's a possibility that he might be looking for Marcus being in some incapacitated condition," Robert said, refusing to say out loud that Angus would be thinking that he might need to look for Marcus's body. "Aria, if you can keep your head, you can go. One more would give you an even four, Jack, so you can walk both sides of the river. Pick a fourth team member. And take the energy potion in case Angus needs it. Make sure one of you has a patch kit and one of the snack kits in case you need the bottled water from it. Then you can go."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 16, 2024 10:42 pm

Jack listened to Robert as did Aria wo nodded her head she looked over at Yu as did Jack who nodded " we'll take Yu with us " he said and looked back to Robert as he explained " right no going south or east" he repeated and chuckled as he reached out and took the potion for Angus.

Taking it he slipped it into his pocket and looked at Aria and Anise " ready?" he asked and both nodded " we'll find them and bring them back" he said to Robert as Ruby stood and looked at Ruby who walked dover and handed him a fresh kit to add to the one he had.

"Just in case you need to for ether " she said as Jack slipped it into his pocket with the first one.

" we'll bring them both back." Jack said and looked at Robert " any other advice?" he asked making sure he had everything covered.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 16, 2024 11:12 pm

"Not that I can think of," Robert said. "Good luck."

Angus was walking along the river, seeing nothing. No bodies, and, actually, very few people here at all. It was dark, and then he saw a figure lying on the riverbank, on the grass, up by the bridge. He went carefully until he saw for sure it was Marcus. Then he ran to him. As he got closer, he saw Marcus was conscious. He was soaking wet, but even so, he was clearly covered with soot and ash and some of his hair and clothes were heavily singed. 

"Marcus, are you alright?" Angus asked, intending to sit beside him, but his legs gave way, and he found himself more flung down on the grass than not. Marcus looked at him for a moment, blank. And then he looked at Angus.

"I know you," Marcus said, seeming to be glad to see something familiar. 

"What?" Angus was confused. Then he saw Marcus had a huge bruise about the size of the palm of Angus's hand, and the bruise was up on the corner of his forehead. "Oh, you hit your head somehow. Your memory is swiss-cheesed, isn't it?"

"Um...sorta. I know you, though, don't I?"

"Yeah. You do. I'm Angus. You live with me and my family. You were in an explosion tonight. Looks like it rang your bell. It'll come back in a bit, I'll wager," Angus said. 

"What was I doing in an explosion?" 

"Knowing you? Causing it, I'm quite sure," Angus told him.

"Sounds like I'm an idjit," Marcus frowned.

"Quite the contrary. You were, very likely, saving lives," Angus said.

"By blowing myself up? Forgive me, but that sounds like a terrible plan."

"And it was also just your style. Trust me, it'll make sense when your memory comes back. Happens sometimes when you take a big blow to your head like that. Don't worry. Our boss can help to put it rights. Did you lose your wand in the explosion?"

"My what?" 

"Hm. That might be a yes, then," Angus said. "Okay, well, let me sit for a little. I'm completely knackered. Then I'll get us back to work."

"What? Back to work? I don't even know my own name."

"Yeah, well, work is where the help is." He stretched out on the grass beside Marcus, and as soon as he did, he started to feel his eyes closing.

"Is this the safest place to be sleeping?"

"Nope. Not in the least," Angus yawned. "Probably one of the most dangerous places in Paris, as a matter of fact."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 16, 2024 11:27 pm

Jack nodded to Robert and with Anise and Aria along with Yu they headed to the warehouse or what was left of it, porting to the spot they found it burned and blown to bits. Pausing Jack looked at every one " okay Anise come with me Aria you go with Yu and take the other side of the river" both nodded and ported to the other side then began walking with the flow of it as Anise and Jack walked on the opposite side " so anything yet?" he asked as they walked his eyes use to low light checked the river banks for any signs of a person.

Aria on the other side walked with Yu transfiguring she flew on ahead and saw two people laid on the bank. circling she headed back to Jack " two people ahead" she said and looked to Anise " one looks like he's sleeping" she mentioned " can you sense Angus?" she asked as Yu stood on the opposite side of the river watching , Jack waved him over and he ported over to them. Jack and the others walked over to the two men finding Angus and Marcus.

"Hey Marcus, good to see you, Angus wake up mate I got something for you from Robert" Jack said kneeling down next to him as he brought out the bottle he'd been given " its energy potion design just for you" Jack took out a kit and handed it to Yu who knelt down and checked Marcus finding the bump to his head.

Aria as much as she wanted to hug him she held back watching around for any one who could harm them or attack them while Jack was busy with Angus and Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 16, 2024 11:52 pm

"Yes," Anise said. "He was highly anxious. Now, he's better. And he's not far now, but he's too tired to go much farther or to get home either one."

Anise was relieved when they found Angus and Marcus. Anise frowned when she looked at Angus, but she frowned even deeper when she looked at Marcus. She tugged at Jack's sleeve. 

"Energy? Good. Thanks," Angus said, smelling it, noticing the citrus, and taking a dose. He looked over at Marcus, who was looking at the new people that had arrived and not recognizing any of them.

"Could I talk to you a moment?" she asked, motioning Jack a few steps away from the rest. When Jack came over to her, she looked at him. "He's not okay. Something's really off with Marcus. I've never seen it before, but when I look at Marcus, he shows to me as if he's...well, he's empty. He's never looked that way before. I've always been able to read his energy, but... he rather looks as empty as a used up jam jar. It's really very weird."

"He's not quite himself. He's hit his head," Angus told Aria and Yu quietly while Anise talked to Jack. "Temporary, I'm sure."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 17, 2024 12:36 am

Jack looked at Anise and nodded Giving Angus the potion he moved with Anise " hum, thanks for the heads up Anise, keep and eye on him " he told her and looked over at Angus and then to Marcus he wondered should they take him to HQ or to St Mungo's. " well Robert can check him once we get him back" Jack said and knelt by Angus 2 you think he's okay to port?" he asked as he picked up the empty bottle " we need to get you both back" he looked to Aria as she moved to Marcus and knelt beside him.

"hey Marcus, time we got you back home" she said smiling to him as she and Yu picked both men up and held on to them.

Jack ported them back to the main house and the med bay where he sat Angus down and Aria set Marcus on a bed. Yu went to find Robert and report to him about Angus and Marcus.

"we found them both, Angus took your potion, Marcus has some amnesia , Jack thought you might want to check him over, before we release him, as Anise thinks somethings not right with him, he feels empty to her." he added as they walked back to the med bay.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 17, 2024 1:26 am

Robert had just gotten home only mere seconds before. The night time staff had felt that they could take over and manage now, and they had also gotten additional very welcome relief from Sergio and Ana who were already good at managing their on way house, so they were equipped to manage a building full of children. Nigel was going to finish seeing to the children that were there, and then he planned on coming to the estate to get a bit of shut eye. it had been a damned long night, and everyone was drained. Robert himself had taken Dean to Hogwarts and begged forgiveness from Professor Wilson and gotten Dean excused with no penalties. And then, finally, he had gotten home and had only just then kicked off his shoes in the living room by his favorite chair and was thinking of reading an article or two in the paper before heading to bed. 

Well, evidently bed wasn't happening yet. He sighed heavily as Yu now interrupted him again with more crap to take care of. 

"I'll take care of it," Robert said. "Thank you. Why don't you head to bed and get some sleep? I'll check them over and most likely take them home." Yawning, he padded down to the basement in his stocking feet and to the sickbay. Marcus sat there, not knowing where he was or who these people were.

"Glad to have you home again," Robert told Marcus. "You gave us a bit of a charge. Do you know who I am?"

"Not a clue," Marcus replied.

"Hm. Okay. Well, so you know, my name's Robert, and I'm your boss and your friend. Let's see what's going on with that knock to the head you took." As Robert began to check him for injury, it only confused Marcus more.  

"So am I a medical person, then?"

"No, 'fraid not. Sorry, I'm confusing you. I do a good many different things. Just to simplify things for the moment, you're...well, sort of a private investigator, and you work for me. This place is my daughter's estate--her and her husband's, and you live with Angus and his family for the time being. Angus's house is on the estate grounds. So, you are, for all practical purposes, home. You definitely have a concussion. That's what caused this memory issue. I think it really is just very temporary. I've seen it with other...well, investigators, like yourself. It happens. I'm wagering in a day or two, you'll be back to yourself again. I'll put you on leave, of course, until you have your memory back because when it comes back, you'll take yourself off the leave list. I won't need to do it."

"Who were those people?"

"The people who found you and Angus? Well, the girl was Angus's daughter. She's a seer, and she's bloody helpful, that one. Jack, the large man, he's a friend. He's a colleague of yours, and he's an investigator, like yourself, with a slightly different skill set. The blonde woman, Aria, is a former auror, and she's...well, she's your...well, girlfriend. That's perhaps the best word for it."

"I...sleep... with her?"

"Yes. You do."

"Oh. I see. We're not married? No. You divorced your wife several months ago. You were separated from your ex for twelve or thirteen years though. It was a very complicated situation."

"Sounds like it."

"I've removed some of the headache for tonight, but I'm not going to give you anything stronger than aspirin because I really want to be able to know what the symptoms are precisely. When we finish, I want you and Angus to go home and get some freaking sleep. I'll check on you both sometime in the morning I don't think you're hurt elsewhere except a hell of a lot of cuts and bruises. I'll see to those those and check Angus and take you both home."

Robert was as good as his word. He found Angus was far more asleep than awake. Robert didn't want to waste a lot of time lecturing him tonight. That could wait til tomorrow. When he was satisfied with them, he apparated them both to the front porch of the duplex and took them inside. 

"Marcus," Robert said, pointing to the sofa "Sit."  He helped Angus to his chair and sat him there. "And as for you, absolutely no moving from that chair until after breakfast in the morning. If you do, I swear I'll turn you over to Nigel and let him have at you for four or five days."

"Bastard," Angus scowled. 

"Well, then this is your chance to avoid that." 

"Who's Nigel?" Marcus asked.

"Medical Nazi," Angus scowled.

"What?" 

"Pay no attention to him. He's full of shit," Robert told Marcus. 

"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 17, 2024 1:35 am

Yu, Jack and Aria with Anise all stood as Robert walked in and checked Angus and Marcus as they sat in the med bay. Jack nodded to Marcus as Robert explained who he was and chuckled at the part of a different skill set knowing he probably freak out if he knew Jack was a werewolf. When Robert spoke about Anise then Aria Aria smiled to him but stayed where she was stood understanding it would take time for him to regain his memories.

Following them over to the duplex Aria went to change into something less mission like and Yu headed back to the cabin. Jessie stood up with Chris and smiled seeing Angus and Marcus both home. " both babies were good as gold" he said and took Chris who was now sleeping into his arms , " we'll leave you now your back." he walked to the door and headed back to the cabin. Aria hard Marcus ask who Nigel was and chuckled at Angus as she spoke.

"he's another healer of sorts , top in his field." she replied as she walked back down from changing in lose trousers and alight shirt of his. She understood that things would be different until he remembered her fully.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 100 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 79 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top