A Birth day - Page 60
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 60 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 60 of 100 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 80 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 60 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 17, 2024 9:18 pm

"Thanks for taking care of them, Jessie," Angus said, grateful that Jessie could step in at a moment's notice. "What a night. Off the top of my head, I'm sure we rescued nigh onto 150 tonight, more than we've ever done. I'm sure Yu is going to have quite a number of stories for you. Goodnight."

"I should check your dressing before I go, but I'm not going to screw with that tonight," Robert said, setting a dose of night time potion by Angus's chair. "I'll check it tomorrow. Get your potion and get some sleep. Is there anything at all you need before I go?"

"No, thanks," Angus said. "I'll do the security check of the house, and then I'll turn in."

"Screw the check for one night," Robert said.

"And risk my family by being sloppy? No. I won't do that," Angus said. Robert sighed. He drew his wand and flicked it, causing every door and window to lock. 

"There. Done," Robert said. "Now. Go to sleep. Goodnight." He apparated out.

"I am not going to tell him that didn't make me feel one ounce better," Angus scowled. "Sometimes a shortcut just doesn't get it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 17, 2024 9:28 pm

Aria and Ruby who had returned smiled at Jessie as Angus thanked him for watching the babies. Jessie smiled and nodded to him " no worries they were good as gold" he said and waved as he headed out the door back to the Cabin chuckling at Angus words about Yu having stories of his own and he nodded " don't dough it" he said as he with a sleeping Chris in his arms walked back to the cabin.

Aria when she heard about checking the duplex she looked at Robert and Angus once Robert had left she chuckled " I can do it I know Marcus routine" she said and opened the back door for Finn to head out while he was out there she filled the dogs bowl and refreshed the water before walking threw to Edwards side checking the doors and windows over there before returning to their side , she smiled at Angus and chuckled as she walked around the ground floor knowing the windows were locked she double checked them finding one was not and she slipped it to lock.

Soon Finn came back in and she closed and locked the back door again and looked to Angus " I can take the spare room and leave our rom to Marcus , while he's still finding his memories" she said walking over to the coffee pot and making herself , Marcus and Angus some coffee before handing it to him a she sat down. " all locked, yes I double checked. " she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 17, 2024 9:54 pm

"Thanks, Aria, for checking things and for coffee. I do realize that since he squeezes in two full time jobs into his schedule, he takes shortcuts that we generally don't take," Angus said.  He looked over at Marcus who just looked blank and confused. "You're home, Mate," Angus told him. "You and Aria are in the process of furnishing a stone cottage on the grounds but it isn't ready for  you to move into yet. So, this is home for the both of you for now. In case you're wondering who the other woman is, that's Ruby, my fiancee." 

He explained who was who, the fact that the house was a duplex, etc, and he explained how the houses were laid out and told Marcus where to find the most important things. He also told him that he had no secrets from Marcus and he was welcome to look in any drawer or cabinet that he liked. For his part, Marcus really only wanted a shower, clean clothes and some sleep because he had a horrendous headache and a lot of cuts and bruises. He didn't feel all that good about forcing Aria to sleep elsewhere, but Angus told him that Edward's side of the duplex had three empty guest rooms that were very comfortable, and no doubt, Aria would use one of those until Marcus's memory cleared up. 

"I hate to be a party pooper, but I think I'd really like to hit the shower and maybe get some sleep," Marcus said.

"Completely understandable," Angus said. "Sleep well. Goodnight."

"'Night," Marcus said to everyone, and he headed upstairs.

"He'll be alright in a couple days," Angus said to Aria and Ruby. "This isn't the first time we've had someone have some scrambled brains temporarily for getting too close to an explosion. Apparently, Robert can improve the speed of healing of some types of head injuries but not all of them. If I'm remembering correctly, he can do a bit with this sort of injury, not an instant cure, but certainly faster than if he were a muggle. I'll try to talk to Minos tomorrow too. Sometimes, Minos surprises me with some of the incredible knowledge he has. Maybe he knows of something that might help too. It's worth asking him. 

"Hey," Angus asked Ruby, "not to change the subject, but Ru, have you seen the kids come back yet? I know Robert took Dean home but what about our four? Did the ever get back?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 17, 2024 10:00 pm

Aria smiled at Angus and sat listening to him explained things to Marcus she looked at him once Marcus stood up " third door on the left " she said smiling " showers the door on the right in the room" she told him and watched him head up the stairs. She looked at Angus and nodded " its okay I know its temporary" she said smiling just glad he was breathing if a bit fuzzy headed. " and for now I'll me your body guard" she said and chuckled " feels a bit like he was training me for this eventuality" she added and chuckled.

Ruby looked up from her book and nodded " I think they did and went right to bed" she said letting out a breath as she closed her book " they were tired and I think still processing what happened today, thought it best to just give them some time" she smiled to Angus as Finn walked over to her and rested against her leg for fusses before heading up to settle between the cots in the nursery.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 17, 2024 10:17 pm

"I never discussed it with him," Angus told Aria, "but, knowing him, he would have trained you for anything that might have come up, whether that was him not being available, or whether he felt there was enough of an increase in risk that he felt that adding a guard would be beneficial to reduce any safety concerns."

Angus was relieved when Ruby said the kids were back. 

"I didn't hear them come in," Angus said. "I'm glad they're back. You do realize Dean is probably not ever going to ask Anise out again. This was not how her date was supposed to go. I feel for her. I'll try to talk to her tomorrow and make sure she's not too upset by all of it. I'd sure like to know what was happening with Tom that he felt that it was worth turning those 8 or 9 kids to werewolves. Clearly, he is incapable of having any sort of decency. That should prove to anyone at the ministry that Diamond should never go back there ever." He yawned, feeling sleep starting to hammer at him. "You two should turn in. It's been one heck of a long day."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 17, 2024 10:23 pm

Aria chuckled and nodded " maybe he just likes covering all his bases including this one" she said chuckling as she finished her coffee and picked up his now empty cup taking both to the kitchen sink to wash.

Ruby nodded to Angus " best course " she said and smiled " oh I don't think he did too badly, you might be surprised" she said 2"but talking to Anise and Ginger is a good idea " she said seeing him become tired she smiled " I'll help you up stairs tonight" she said as Aria looked around the room .

"I'll check the upstairs before heading to Edwards side" she said smiling. Ruby stood up and waited for Angus so she could walk with him while Aria headed up stairs to check the windows on the second floor. Entering their room she paused seeing Marcus stood in the room in just his PJ bottoms. " oops sorry" she said as she crossed to check the balcony windows.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 17, 2024 10:39 pm

"Okay," Angus said. "I think I've had enough for one night." He got up, ready to go upstairs. 

Marcus was looking in the drawers at the men's clothes that were in there when Aria came in. 

"No harm done," Marcus said. "I'm dressed. Well, as dressed as I'm going to get, I think. I know this is weird for everyone, so I hope this doesn't last long. I'd really rather prefer to have my mind back. Perhaps I should be the one going to a guest room. I can do that, if you like. After all, this shouldn't impact you any more than absolutely unavoidable. You might have to tell me where the guest room actually is, though." He looked at her. "These really are my clothes, right? I'm sorry, I don't remember any of them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 17, 2024 10:44 pm

Ruby smiled and nodded " me too" she said and walked with Angus up to their room she changed into her PJ's and washed her face and neck once done she moved to the bed and climbed in.

Aria heard Marcus and shook her head "Its fine, its best for you to be in an environment that's familiar as it might help bring your memories back quicker." she said then chuckled as he asked if the clothes he saw were his , she nodded and smiled at him " yes they are all yours , I have mine in this draw, your always organised and liked things that you can look professional in." she said and opened it to show him her things having nothing to hide from him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 17, 2024 10:57 pm

"Okay," he said. "So jeans must be okay here when I'm not working since I have so many pairs of them. Sometime tomorrow, you could help me by telling me exactly what sort of relationship we have. Let's not do it tonight. Everyone's tired, and I have a lot to try to keep track of as it is, with what I've been told already." He closed the drawers, his head pounding. "God, I hope I was doing something worthwhile when I did this to myself."

Angus got into bed, feeling completely drained. 

"Oh," Angus said to Ruby, yawning, "remind me in the morning to try to talk to Owens' family to make sure they have everything they need while he's out. By the looks of him, he's going to be out a long time. I want to make sure we don't ignore them. Maybe I'll make them some sort of meal basket and take it to them. What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 17, 2024 11:06 pm

Aria listened to Marcus and chuckled " yes Jeans is your go to while at home" she said then heard him talk again and nodded " I can do that and yes you were. you saved a lot of children from a burning warehouse that Tom gelding had kidnapped." she said as she walked over to him gently placing her hand on his arm and smiled " but your right, rest tonight I'll answer anything you want to ask in the morning" she said then absentminded kissed his cheek " oh sorry , habit, sleep well Marcus." she said and stepped back from him and grabbing her night wear before she headed to the spare room passing by Angus and Ruby's room.

Ruby heard Angus and smiled to him " I think that's a good idea, we can send Jessie over to check on him and take the basket over." she said softly a she moved to gently rest against him her hand resting on his chest as she sighed and closed her eyes falling asleep next to him.

Aria was up early the next day and made a pot of coffee and tea. She let Finn out and sent three cups up the stairs one to Marcus, one to Ruby and Angus as she made sure everything was ready for them when they came down. She saw Ginger and Anise walking up and chuckled " morning sleeping beauty's, sleep well?" she said with a chuckle
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 100 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 80 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top